2021 Sales thread cont: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309

ProFotograf said:

I just tried to purchase the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle, which has a deal of a select Character (in Daz's Listing) for $1.00 with purchase of the bundle.

Add ANY single character from the list and it goes 30% OFF PRICE in the Cart.

Is this a typical Friday Release Deal mess up, or is there some other reason this is happening?  I really want the Cleopatra Bundle, which is on the list. (See: Attachments)

I also tried a couple other items from the list, with no success, the Baxter Bundle came up with over $120.00 and the others their full 30% off sale prices.  So nothing came up for $1.00 according to the sale page.

I bought the two other bundles the day before yesterday, which are combined within the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle plus the new Landlubber Bundle is part of the Mega Bundle.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?  Does anyone here have access to a DAZ Employee ( @Cris Cris Palomino) who could either fix this or explain why the deal doesn't work?

Thanks for any feedback,  I will hold off on buying this if the deal is to be fixed later.

ProFotograf / Antonio

SEE ATTACHMENTS:

You have to buy all the Zale add-ons aswell (there are 3 of them) in order to trigger the bundle for a dollar offer.

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112

Havos said:

You have to buy all the Zale add-ons aswell (there are 3 of them) in order to trigger the bundle for a dollar offer.

I only have 1 add-on showing for me (as I bought the two others 2 days ago.

So which do I need in the cart if there is only ONE showing?  (SEE ATTACHMENT)

ProFotograf / Antonio 

Zale8.1MB_ERROR_04.jpg
    992 x 605 - 52K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,309
    edited July 2021

ProFotograf said:

Havos said:

ProFotograf / Antonio 

The deal says you have to buy all the add-ons, it does not say anything regarding ownership. So it might be you would have to buy them again and then get a refund, but you would have to ask DAZ that, I am only reading what the deal says.

The other two you need are:

https://www.daz3d.com/zale-81-hd-add-on and https://www.daz3d.com/scopis-mertail-textures

Post edited by Havos on
  • GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

So I'm having the same problems as others with todays sale (no free bundle even though I have megabundle and the one add-on I do not own in the cart. 

PLUS please can you fix the FEATURED ARTIST sale from yesterday which has been reported multiple times. On top of the base 40% off it says "Owners or Buyers of the Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle or the Sea Villain Bundle get an EXTRA 20% OFF¥*". I own both but am not getting the extra discount. Please don't let this get overlooked in sorting out today's problems. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,350
    edited July 2021

story3 said:

So I'm having the same problems as others with todays sale (no free bundle even though I have megabundle and the one add-on I do not own in the cart. 

Ther are two other addons (Zale 8.HD Add-On and  Scopis Mertail Textures) that have to be in your cart even though you may not see them if you purchased them yesterday.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Havos said:

ProFotograf said:

Havos said:

ProFotograf / Antonio 

The deal says you have to buy all the add-ons, it does not say anything regarding ownership. So it might be you would have to buy them again and then get a refund, but you would have to ask DAZ that, I am only reading what the deal says.

The other two you need are:

https://www.daz3d.com/zale-81-hd-add-on and https://www.daz3d.com/scopis-mertail-textures

OMG How stupid is that !!!!   I just tried what you said and stuck the 2 items I ALREADY PURCHASED into the CART and YES --- THE $1.00 thing works!  BUT NOW I AM BUYING THE 2 ITEMS I ALREADY OWN A SECOND DAMNED TIME !!!! So you're saying that I have to FILE FOR A REFUND for the forced 2 items I already own??

This is really a marketing nightmare!

ProFotograf / Antonio

SEE ATTACHMENTS: 

Zale8.1MB_ERROR_05.jpg
    1177 x 510 - 78K
    Zale8.1MB_ERROR_06.jpg
    1216 x 910 - 119K
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

ProFotograf said:

I just tried to purchase the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle, which has a deal of a select Character (in Daz's Listing) for $1.00 with purchase of the bundle.

Add ANY single character from the list and it goes 30% OFF PRICE in the Cart.

Is this a typical Friday Release Deal mess up, or is there some other reason this is happening?  I really want the Cleopatra Bundle, which is on the list. (See: Attachments)

I also tried a couple other items from the list, with no success, the Baxter Bundle came up with over $120.00 and the others their full 30% off sale prices.  So nothing came up for $1.00 according to the sale page.

I bought the two other bundles the day before yesterday, which are combined within the Zale 8.1 Mega Bundle plus the new Landlubber Bundle is part of the Mega Bundle.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?  Does anyone here have access to a DAZ Employee ( @Cris Cris Palomino) who could either fix this or explain why the deal doesn't work?

Thanks for any feedback,  I will hold off on buying this if the deal is to be fixed later.

ProFotograf / Antonio

SEE ATTACHMENTS:

Hey there, we got reports on these earlier. I sent an inquiry to Daz, but don't expect anything till they get in. And I'm just a mod, btw. :)

edited July 2021

If I have to pay FULL PRICE for the stupid $1.00 bundle deal, and am forced to put 2 items into the cart almost costing $18.39 AGAIN just to make their DEAL WORK, and having to beg Daz via Support for a REFUND on items I already own...

SEE ATTACHED IMAGE FROM CART TO SEE I HAVE TO BUY ITEMS I ALREADY OWN TO MAKE THE Cleopatra Egyptian Bundle, from the select one character bundle list, to go to the promised $1.

I should just EMPTY MY CART and BUY NOTHING.

I'll wait till this evening.  But this is really a nightmare.

ProFotograf / Antonio

Zale8.1MB_ERROR_REFUND.jpg
    790 x 329 - 36K
    Post edited by ProFotograf on
  • GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

I'm not doing the refund thing to get a deal so I hoope they fix it.

Cris, could you let me know if this is an acknowledged problem that is being worked on please "PLUS please can you fix the FEATURED ARTIST sale from yesterday which has been reported multiple times. On top of the base 40% off it says "Owners or Buyers of the Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle or the Sea Villain Bundle get an EXTRA 20% OFF¥*". I own both but am not getting the extra discount. Please don't let this get overlooked in sorting out today's problems. "

Cris Palomino said:

Hey there, we got reports on these earlier. I sent an inquiry to Daz, but don't expect anything till they get in. And I'm just a mod, btw. :)

Cris,

I know, at least you as a mod can contact the Daz folks in charge and let them know this issue -- I am only detailing what is going on, on my end, and showing you the cart showing that the Deal issue is real, and I honestly don't want to charge more on my credit card to only get a refund in 2 weeks because the Daz Deal is broken.  I bought the 2 bundles 2 days ago, along with the HD Add-On, and the Scopis Mertail Textures, and today the Mega Bundle, and the 1 addon released today, and basically I find out, after some investigation - in the other answers from others users having the similar issue, that I need to REBUY the 2 items I already bought in order for the promised Deal of $1.00 for the item to work.  This means EVERYONE doing this will be requesting REFUNDS from Customer Support, or they will be upset the deal doesn't work and just walk away from it, (and you know as well as I do, people will say Daz is doing something shady; and a bad comment is 100x worse than 1 good one).

I appreciate your intervention and passing the information on.  I tried to be thorough in my screenshots to show the issue.  Also you will notice that the first screen shot showing the 2 items I already bought were cheaper 30 minutes earlier and shot up in price this last time I put them back in.

Thanks for your intervention, and help Cris!

ProFotograf / Antonio 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,428

Reported to Daz

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    edited July 2021

felis said:

WandW said:

I got skunked by the expiration time on the gift card discount; In the microscopic font I only saw 7/23 and didn't note the 12:00 AM.  angry  Serves me right for looking at it on my phone...

It is in my view really idiotic setting something to end at 12:00 AM. It should be 11:59 Pm of the matching day. 

It doesn't make it less confusing that with the AM/PM system 12:00 AM (PM) comes before 1:00 AM (PM) ("oh, it's only 3.00 AM and the sale ends at 12.00 AM so there's still time!").  Use something that is simple and logical like the globally recommended 24 hour ISO system (2021-07-23 12:00:00).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

ProFotograf said:

Cris Palomino said:

Cris,

I know, at least you as a mod can contact the Daz folks in charge and let them know this issue -- I am only detailing what is going on, on my end, and showing you the cart showing that the Deal issue is real, and I honestly don't want to charge more on my credit card to only get a refund in 2 weeks because the Daz Deal is broken.  I bought the 2 bundles 2 days ago, along with the HD Add-On, and the Scopis Mertail Textures, and today the Mega Bundle, and the 1 addon released today, and basically I find out, after some investigation - in the other answers from others users having the similar issue, that I need to REBUY the 2 items I already bought in order for the promised Deal of $1.00 for the item to work.  This means EVERYONE doing this will be requesting REFUNDS from Customer Support, or they will be upset the deal doesn't work and just walk away from it, (and you know as well as I do, people will say Daz is doing something shady; and a bad comment is 100x worse than 1 good one).

I appreciate your intervention and passing the information on.  I tried to be thorough in my screenshots to show the issue.  Also you will notice that the first screen shot showing the 2 items I already bought were cheaper 30 minutes earlier and shot up in price this last time I put them back in.

ProFotograf / Antonio 

cleared now by DAZ. Thanks to Chris yes 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,350

Lothar Weber said:

ProFotograf said:

Cris Palomino said:

Cris,

ProFotograf / Antonio 

cleared now by DAZ. Thanks to Chris yes 

What about those of us who already pruchased the megabundle and all the addons including Zale 8.1  HD that was also in the megabundle ? Will we be getting a refund ?

That should be fixed now. Please submit a ticket for a refund. "Submit a Request"

• NathNath Posts: 2,721
    edited July 2021

It's completely unclear what the conditions are now, since I can no longer see the things I bought on the sale page. That makes submitting a ticket a bit hard.

Post edited by Nath on

Nath said:

It's completely unclear what the conditions are now, since I can no longer see the things I bought on the sale page. That makes submitting a ticket a bit hard.

Not following..All you need is you order number and explain that you paid for the same item twice. Am I missing something?

• NathNath Posts: 2,721

frank0314 said:

Nath said:

Not following..All you need is you order number and explain that you paid for the same item twice. Am I missing something?

Maybe I am - it's been a long day...

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

One thing Daz is very good with is ensuring responses to refund requests are handled quickly, and with no fuss. At least in my limited experience.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,043
    edited July 2021
    Question: Now that the offer seems to be mostly working, does buying the Mega bundle and the two texture packs count as "buying all add-ons" for the purpose of getting 20% off the upcoming mermaid bundle(s) since the Zale HD add-on is already included in the Mega bundle?

Can we please get a definitive statement from Daz about it? I already have one open support request chasing the missing discount for the Zale bundles. I don't want to have to do it again next time.
    Zale_Mega.png
    1080 x 1920 - 336K
    Zale_add_ons.png
    1080 x 1920 - 769K
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • HalochristianHalochristian Posts: 2
    edited July 2021

Does/should the Mega Bundle not count for the 

"Select Daz People and Wearables Bundles

Get 1 of these FREE* when you buy the Zale 8.1 Deep Sea King Bundle or the Sea Villain Bundle

Get 2 FREE* when you buy both bundles"

Or would it be better to buy these with the mega bundle and request a refund?

Post edited by Halochristian on
  • Nath said:

frank0314 said:

Nath said:

Maybe I am - it's been a long day...

If you need to see the offer "raw" try right-clicking on the banner and selecting Open in New private Window or the equivalent.

• frank0314 said:

That should be fixed now. Please submit a ticket for a refund. "Submit a Request"

It's really not fixed.  If you do not have the HD Zale add-on in the cart, the other two add-ons are over a dollar each higher because you're not buying all three.  This is a cluster.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Kent for G8.1Female needs to be fixed.  Looking at the promos it appears there is hair included with the product but the what's included does not show hair.  Even the clay render shows the front and back of hair!

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

Daventaki said:

Kent for G8.1Female needs to be fixed.  Looking at the promos it appears there is hair included with the product but the what's included does not show hair.  Even the clay render shows the front and back of hair!

There's a separate placeholder item for the Kent Hair in the Readme sections Item 80857 so I am assuming the hair is not included

AZDigitalArtist said:

frank0314 said:

It's really not fixed.  If you do not have the HD Zale add-on in the cart, the other two add-ons are over a dollar each higher because you're not buying all three.  This is a cluster.

I'm inquiring again.

edited July 2021
    I haven't received a response to my support ticket after two Daz workdays, so I'd guess that support is swamped with all the recent problems. Hoping Daz will do the right thing and issue the appropriate credit without any runaround. But in the meantime, I was thinking about what might have caused this situation.

Orders show the correct date in the website, listed as "Order Date" and reflecting MT (Utah time zone), but email receipts list date and time in UTC (a six-hour difference IIRC).

Did the person or program evaluating this offer use the UTC time stamps (which do not always reflect the active sales) instead of the MT order date?

For example, I made the order in the evening on 7/04, while the offer was active, but the email shows a UTC time stamp for 7/05.

I'd appreciate if Daz would investigate this as a potential root cause of the error - I'd rather not have to work through support for future discounts of this type (such as the one for the upcoming mermaid release).
    edited July 2021

doubledeviant said:

I haven't received a response to my support ticket after two Daz workdays, so I'd guess that support is swamped with all the recent problems. Hoping Daz will do the right thing and issue the appropriate credit without any runaround. But in the meantime, I was thinking about what might have caused this situation.

Orders show the correct date in the website, listed as "Order Date" and reflecting MT (Utah time zone), but email receipts list date and time in UTC (a six-hour difference IIRC).

Did the person or program evaluating this offer use the UTC time stamps (which do not always reflect the active sales) instead of the MT order date?

For example, I made the order in the evening on 7/04, while the offer was active, but the email shows a UTC time stamp for 7/05.

I'd appreciate if Daz would investigate this as a potential root cause of the error - I'd rather not have to work through support for future discounts of this type (such as the one for the upcoming mermaid release).

UTC would reflect the correct time for Utah as far as I know. UTC-6 would result in the correct Utah time, just as UTC-5 would be correct for my timezone, PT. I would imagine if your order on the Daz site shows a timestamp for 7/4, that would be what was accepted. Emails are generated and can sometimes have a delay, so it is the one on the Daz site I believe is what would be acceptable.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited July 2021

doubledeviant said:

UTC would reflect the correct time for Utah as far as I know. UTC-6 would result in the correct Utah time, just as UTC-5 would be correct for my timezone, PT. I would imagine if your order on the Daz site shows a timestamp for 7/4, that would be what was accepted. Emails are generated and can sometimes have a delay, so it is the one on the Daz site I believe is what would be acceptable.

Store credit for the order was deducted at 2021-07-04 8:55:26 PM (MT).

Order Date is listed as 2021-07-04 on the website.

But the UTC time stamp shown in the email receipt is Mon, 05 Jul 2021 02:55:27 UTC.

So I think this could be related to the error, if the person or program was checking the UTC time stamp instead of the actual order date/time when determining if the order was placed on the appropriate day(s).

No screenshots because I'm on mobile atm and can't paint out details.

doubledeviant said:

Cris Palomino said:

doubledeviant said:

Store credit for the order was deducted at 2021-07-04 8:55:26 PM (MT).

Order Date is listed as 2021-07-04 on the website.

But the UTC time stamp shown in the email receipt is Mon, 05 Jul 2021 02:55:27 UTC.

So I think this could be related to the error, if the person or program was checking the UTC time stamp instead of the actual order date/time when determining if the order was placed on the appropriate day(s).

No screenshots because I'm on mobile atm and can't paint out details.

Just explain your concerns to Daz as part of your ticket.

This discussion has been closed.