[Released] dForce2Morph [Commercial]

Comments

• barbult said:

If you ever decide to do an update to this product, I have a couple enhancements for you to consider:

1. I would like the option to have it always default to my author name for the morph creator, instead of the author of the original product. After all, the morphs I save with dforce2morph were not created by the original product creator, and assigning their name to them is a little misleading and confusing. I get tired of changing it to "barbult" in the dforce2morph dialog box every time.
    2. I would like an option to set the presentation colors. I have a Color A and a Color B that I always use, to help me identify that certain morphs in products were morphs that I created, not something that came with the product. As it is now, I end up changing the colors of the morph created by dforce2morph and resaving the morph asset. That is wasted effort that could be avoided if dforce2morph let me select default presentation colors in the interface. I would like dforce2morph to remember that selection and use it every time, unless I change it.

Thanks for the suggestions @Barbult.  These sounds like good options.

• This is one those game-changers for me!  Thank you so much again for making this :)
    All i can say is WOW!  Not only So fast!
    Almost can't believe the possibilties of this script.
    Like every Linday dF-cloth hair can have quicky awesome morphs made for own library.
    Time-consuming posing of bones is gone.
    (Oh, and busy year for me. Finally now got around to working with this and Linday's dF Cloth Hair.)

Works very well for Custom character as is, but get recco to use Base Fig.
    Used to take me a while always to do the whole export to OBJ etc.

Found out what you meant by destructive. For me, really just save chosen Shape presets for hair and load in less than 2 seconds after next dF2Morph.

DAZ should look at hiring you for animation enhancements, should you wish that of course.  This product is very exciting!

Also, would second Barbult's reccos.
    Also, would love for speed to have an editable JSON (or similar) so in addition to Barbult's reccos, the other Morph properties I set the 1st time are now also replicated.  Or, kinda like the current session DS render window saves and auto file-naming would be ideal.  Just a wish, should you ever decide to tweak this awesome product.

And finally, would love option to save morph to own folder, to make organization (and backup) easier.  But get each product only makes so much money etc, so maybe implementing some features aren't worth it.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2022

I tried to use this for a different reason (other than saving a morph on a posed figure).

There is a well known problem where clothes cling to the underside of the bust on larger female figures. I have never found a way around this but I had the idea that I could use this to morph the dress to the shape of the voluptuous figure. Here's what I tried:

1. Load my morphed figure (larger lady) and save a Shape Preset for her.

2. Reset G8F to zero the shape back to the basic G8F female.

3. Load the dress.

4. In the animation timeline, move to frame 30 and load the saved shape to G8F.

5. Run the simulation of the dress over the timeline.

So the result at the end of the timeline simulation was good and I saved it at frame 30 using dForce2Morph. However, when I opened a fresh scene and loaded my morphed figure, put the dress on her and dialled-in the newly created morph, it didn't fit the figure. Instead it shrank to about 80% of the size of the character. I have no clue as to how I could achieve the desired solution. This shrink-wrap effect is a real PITA.

Post edited by marble on
  • Saxa -- SD said:

This is one those game-changers for me!  Thank you so much again for making this :)
    All i can say is WOW!  Not only So fast!
    Almost can't believe the possibilties of this script.
    Like every Linday dF-cloth hair can have quicky awesome morphs made for own library.
    Time-consuming posing of bones is gone.
    (Oh, and busy year for me. Finally now got around to working with this and Linday's dF Cloth Hair.)

Works very well for Custom character as is, but get recco to use Base Fig.
    Used to take me a while always to do the whole export to OBJ etc.

Found out what you meant by destructive. For me, really just save chosen Shape presets for hair and load in less than 2 seconds after next dF2Morph.

DAZ should look at hiring you for animation enhancements, should you wish that of course.  This product is very exciting!

Also, would second Barbult's reccos.
    Also, would love for speed to have an editable JSON (or similar) so in addition to Barbult's reccos, the other Morph properties I set the 1st time are now also replicated.  Or, kinda like the current session DS render window saves and auto file-naming would be ideal.  Just a wish, should you ever decide to tweak this awesome product.

And finally, would love option to save morph to own folder, to make organization (and backup) easier.  But get each product only makes so much money etc, so maybe implementing some features aren't worth it.

You're welcome! smiley  I am in the process of adding Barbult's recommendations plus saving most settings.  I cannot do your request to specify a morph folder but you should like the update when I finish.

• marble said:

I tried to use this for a different reason (other than saving a morph on a posed figure).

There is a well known problem where clothes cling to the underside of the bust on larger female figures. I have never found a way around this but I had the idea that I could use this to morph the dress to the shape of the voluptuous figure. Here's what I tried:

3. Load the dress.

So the result at the end of the timeline simulation was good and I saved it at frame 30 using dForce2Morph. However, when I opened a fresh scene and loaded my morphed figure, put the dress on her and dialled-in the newly created morph, it didn't fit the figure. Instead it shrank to about 80% of the size of the character. I have no clue as to how I could achieve the desired solution. This shrink-wrap effect is a real PITA.

Sorry, I am not sure how to get the effect you want.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

marble said:

3. Load the dress.

This is my guess:

I imagine your problem is that Daz Studio automatically generates a morph in the clothing, to follow the morphs of the figure you load it onto, This happened when you first loaded the dress for the simulation. When you saved your morph with dForce2Morph, that generated shape was baked into the morph you saved, along with the dForce effects. Now when you start fresh and load the dress onto the character, Daz Studio once again automatically generates a morph to follow the figure shape. When you dial in your morph, you have duplicated that effect. Enable Show Hidden Properties in the Parameters pane, Select your dress and look at Currently Used morphs. Do you see a generated morph for your character shape? If so, dial it to zero and see if that fixes the dress shape. If it does, then that is the problem. I don't know how to avoid this directly with dForce2Moprph. If it doesn't fix the problem, then my guess is off base.

The way store-bought clothes fit various character shapes nicely is that they create a Full Body Morph (FBM) for each shape they want to support. Then when you load the clothing onto that character shape, the specific FBM created by the artist is used, instead of Daz Studio generating one automatically. You can do the same, and I have done so after the fact by converting a dForce2Morph morph to a character FBM. I'm not prepared to try to describe how to do that.

edited January 2022

barbult said:

marble said:

3. Load the dress.

This is my guess:

I imagine your problem is that Daz Studio automatically generates a morph in the clothing, to follow the morphs of the figure you load it onto, This happened when you first loaded the dress for the simulation. When you saved your morph with dForce2Morph, that generated shape was baked into the morph you saved, along with the dForce effects. Now when you start fresh and load the dress onto the character, Daz Studio once again automatically generates a morph to follow the figure shape. When you dial in your morph, you have duplicated that effect. Enable Show Hidden Properties in the Parameters pane, Select your dress and look at Currently Used morphs. Do you see a generated morph for your character shape? If so, dial it to zero and see if that fixes the dress shape. If it does, then that is the problem. I don't know how to avoid this directly with dForce2Moprph. If it doesn't fix the problem, then my guess is off base.

The way store-bought clothes fit various character shapes nicely is that they create a Full Body Morph (FBM) for each shape they want to support. Then when you load the clothing onto that character shape, the specific FBM created by the artist is used, instead of Daz Studio generating one automatically. You can do the same, and I have done so after the fact by converting a dForce2Morph morph to a character FBM. I'm not prepared to try to describe how to do that.

I took me a couple of  re-reads of your explanation to grasp the idea but now I get it. So effectively I'm loading a morph to a dress that already has that morph which accounts for the distortion. I can now see why that will not work. Such a pity because, before I saved out the morph, it was perfect. 

I don't use store-bought character shapes so all those dozens of FMBs are of no use to me. Maybe 90% of the fun of this hobby is creating my own character shapes and to do so I might dial-in a little of this character and a little more of that one but I don't use a pre-made character as is.

You might ask why not just run through the timeline simulation each time I pose the character in my scene. Apart from the time it takes, the answer to that is that I try to avoid timeline simulations generally because it spoils the scene for further animations. That's why dForce2morph seemed like the perfect solution (alas no). DAZ still has not come up with a way of saving out a single frame or even effectively clearing the timeline.

Post edited by marble on
  • Have you tried using Reverse defomations (with the figure morph applied) while loading the simulated morph?

Have you tried using Reverse defomations (with the figure morph applied) while loading the simulated morph?

How do you do that? I know how in morph loader pro, when creating a morph from an OBJ, but how do you reverse deformations when dialing in an already created and saved morph?

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you tried using Reverse defomations (with the figure morph applied) while loading the simulated morph?

How do you do that? I know how in morph loader pro, when creating a morph from an OBJ, but how do you reverse deformations when dialing in an already created and saved morph?

Thanks - I didn't want to seem silly asking that but as you are so well respected I am happy that you asked. 

marble said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks - I didn't want to seem silly asking that but as you are so well respected I am happy that you asked. 

I hope we get an answer. It sounds like a useful technique.

• Sorry, I was thinking of exporting an OBJ and then reloading - which rather defeats the object of the exercise.

Richard Haseltine said:

Sorry, I was thinking of exporting an OBJ and then reloading - which rather defeats the object of the exercise.

I was afraid it was a misunderstanding, but hoping it was a real thing. Thanks for the response.

edited January 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Sorry, I was thinking of exporting an OBJ and then reloading - which rather defeats the object of the exercise.

Ahh pity. Never mind.

For now I have had to abandon the scene with the lady wearing that dress because she is somewhat large and the bust cling is very ugly.  It is another pity that dForce doesn't smooth out the bust shape as it drapes downwards. There is an ugly bulge that follows the drape and the only way I can smooth it is to send it to Blender (again). I really don't think that I would be able to do much with DAZ Studio if it were not for Blender and I can start to understand why people buy ZBrush or one of the other expensive options, though I could never afford or justify them myself.

Post edited by marble on

Do you have Fit Control? It can help with breast cling a lot.

barbult said:

I bought an earlier version but didn't upgrade to the G8F version. TBH I somewhat object to having to buy utilities to fix problems that should be addressed by DAZ. Having said thaat, Zev0 gets a pretty big proportion of my DAZ dollars. 

• marble said:

barbult said:

I bought an earlier version but didn't upgrade to the G8F version. TBH I somewhat object to having to buy utilities to fix problems that should be addressed by DAZ. Having said thaat, Zev0 gets a pretty big proportion of my DAZ dollars. 

There is also Ultimate Clothing Fixer by Sickleyield and myself: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-ultimate-clothing-fixer

• Maybe an option to check reverse deformations could be added to the script? I admit the most useful thing that jumps at me with it is to make custom fits for particular characters, and using a mix of morphs would make it very tiresome having to zero each hidden, auto-generated morph.

I guess it may be quite a bit of work, so, very appreciated if you add it, RiverSoftArt, but by no means a deal-breaker the next time I've got funds.

• marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ahh pity. Never mind.

For now I have had to abandon the scene with the lady wearing that dress because she is somewhat large and the bust cling is very ugly.  It is another pity that dForce doesn't smooth out the bust shape as it drapes downwards. There is an ugly bulge that follows the drape and the only way I can smooth it is to send it to Blender (again). I really don't think that I would be able to do much with DAZ Studio if it were not for Blender and I can start to understand why people buy ZBrush or one of the other expensive options, though I could never afford or justify them myself.

The problem is that dForce has to wprk with the shape it is given. You could try using Blender to give it a less clingy initial shape and then drape that, though there can also be issues if the clothes have a significant offset from the skin (I have seen items that have an inch or more clearance) as that extra fabric will allow the clothes to drop too far, putting the bodice area partially below the breasts.

edited January 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ahh pity. Never mind.

The problem is that dForce has to wprk with the shape it is given. You could try using Blender to give it a less clingy initial shape and then drape that, though there can also be issues if the clothes have a significant offset from the skin (I have seen items that have an inch or more clearance) as that extra fabric will allow the clothes to drop too far, putting the bodice area partially below the breasts.

Yes indeed, I also thought of smoothing it out in Blender before applying dForce but, again, it is affected by the morphs already loaded so there is no way of, for example, making a one-for-all big boob smoother because, as I understand it, the various character morphs will affect the end result and often look just weird. 

What confuses me is that I have items of clothing - T-Shirts and such - which don't cling. Somehow the PA has modelled the garment in such a way that it fits G8F base figure and it also fits my larger self-created morph well enough that dForce doesn't exaggerate the cling. Those T-shirts are, admittedly, shaped under the bust but not clinging. The worst offenders are the smock-type dresses that flow straight down from the chest. 

By the way, there is a long-standing similar issue with skirts where the front has a deformed V-shape which doesn't get smotthed nicely by dFroce draping.

Post edited by marble on

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

barbult said:

There is also Ultimate Clothing Fixer by Sickleyield and myself: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-ultimate-clothing-fixer

I have a couple of SickleYield's older products which helped somewhat but, again, not the version for G8. The reason I didn't go for the G8 versions from SY and yourself is because I was somewhat disappointed in the results from those previous versions. I'm sorry for distracting the conversation in your thread but, as one of the major utility developers, I was hoping that you could come up with answers. I'm sure a lot of users would be very happy to see solutions to these problems - with or without dForce.  

• marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ahh pity. Never mind.

Yes indeed, I also thought of smoothing it out in Blender before applying dForce but, again, it is affected by the morphs already loaded so there is no way of, for example, making a one-for-all big boob smoother because, as I understand it, the various character morphs will affect the end result and often look just weird. 

What confuses me is that I have items of clothing - T-Shirts and such - which don't cling. Somehow the PA has modelled the garment in such a way that it fits G8F base figure and it also fits my larger self-created morph well enough that dForce doesn't exaggerate the cling. Those T-shirts are, admittedly, shaped under the bust but not clinging. The worst offenders are the smock-type dresses that flow straight down from the chest. 

By the way, there is a long-standing similar issue with skirts where the front has a deformed V-shape which doesn't get smotthed nicely by dFroce draping.

Yes, if the dress is a long way from the flesh in some places then the morph projection won't do a very good job as it won't have a close proximity to match shape shifts against. This is a limitation of an automated system, you need a custom morph to support shapes then.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited January 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

I am in the process of adding Barbult's recommendations plus saving most settings.  I cannot do your request to specify a morph folder but you should like the update when I finish.

Oh that's awesome.  Look forward to it. smiley

For your interest, last night ran into a morph save issue.
    Included a '%' character in morph.
    First time it saved but with this odd syntax.  (see attachment to follow in next 24hrs when on other PC - done. fuschia arrow points at odd syntax). 
    Second morph failed outright with error message and says check log. Log just said error.  Still worked but saved with scene only.  Even manual morph save didn't work.
    So after a bit found the crazy syntax for saved morph and so then tried without %.
    Worked again. :)
    So no %'s in my morph names.

Really like how your script can take a character away from scene centre or tipped upside down, work with any pose and still make morph and cleanup everything so just that new morph is at 100%. Cool!

Since the script morph just records the delta change from main shape, and makes dialable morph you can turn off, would say this script includes reverse deformations already in the way I like.  Or you can stack partial deformations.
    You just have to work with it to make it work for you.
    I say that as someone who has made tons of morphs in Hex (bridge to DS remains almost perfect fast), and uses reverse deformations all the time ( and know well how they work.)

Sidenote: Larger & Big breast accomodation with clothes is an art form, because breasts can come in so many shapes and sizes.  Would be a huge tut to write that up. 

% Issue.JPG
    656 x 79 - 14K
    Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Saxa -- SD said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I am in the process of adding Barbult's recommendations plus saving most settings.  I cannot do your request to specify a morph folder but you should like the update when I finish.

Oh that's awesome.  Look forward to it. smiley

For your interest, last night ran into a morph save issue.
    Included a '%' character in morph.
    First time it saved but with this odd syntax.  (see attachment to follow in next 24hrs when on other PC - done. fuschia arrow points at odd syntax). 
    Second morph failed outright with error message and says check log. Log just said error.  Still worked but saved with scene only.  Even manual morph save didn't work.
    So after a bit found the crazy syntax for saved morph and so then tried without %.
    Worked again. :)
    So no %'s in my morph names.

Ah, just from reading it, it makes sense.  The % sign is used in string substitutions in the script.  It probably did something funky because of that.  I should catch that though.  Thanks.

Really like how your script can take a character away from scene centre or tipped upside down, work with any pose and still make morph and cleanup everything so just that new morph is at 100%. Cool!

Since the script morph just records the delta change from main shape, and makes dialable morph you can turn off, would say this script includes reverse deformations already in the way I like.  Or you can stack partial deformations.
    You just have to work with it to make it work for you.
    I say that as someone who has made tons of morphs in Hex (bridge to DS remains almost perfect fast), and uses reverse deformations all the time ( and know well how they work.)

Sidenote: Larger & Big breast accomodation with clothes is an art form, because breasts can come in so many shapes and sizes.  Would be a huge tut to write that up. 

• marble said:

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

barbult said:

I have a couple of SickleYield's older products which helped somewhat but, again, not the version for G8. The reason I didn't go for the G8 versions from SY and yourself is because I was somewhat disappointed in the results from those previous versions. I'm sorry for distracting the conversation in your thread but, as one of the major utility developers, I was hoping that you could come up with answers. I'm sure a lot of users would be very happy to see solutions to these problems - with or without dForce.  

Not a problem. smiley  I learn a lot from these digressions.  I am a very good scripter but in a lot of ways still a novice with DS.

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

Not a problem. smiley  I learn a lot from these digressions.  I am a very good scripter but in a lot of ways still a novice with DS.

Yes, I have several of your useful scripts. I do hope that you get some help from DAZ because these utilities are often necessary to enable us to work the way we should be able to with the available assets. I often wonder whether DAZ provide support to PAs such as yourself, Sickleyield and Zev0.

• marble said:

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

Yes, I have several of your useful scripts. I do hope that you get some help from DAZ because these utilities are often necessary to enable us to work the way we should be able to with the available assets. I often wonder whether DAZ provide support to PAs such as yourself, Sickleyield and Zev0.

Of course!  Daz provides a lot of support to PAs.

I've been watching for an update...

• barbult said:

I finally finished the update and plan to submit to Daz sometime this week.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

I finally finished the update and plan to submit to Daz sometime this week.

Thanks. I'll watch for it in DIM.