[Released] dForce2Morph [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

Rod Wise Driggo said:

OK, SOLD - will be another exception in my shopping break but anyhow this sounds just too useful to skip.

I am glad you like the idea! smiley

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

Saw the product, checked on the video (not that I needed to), put in chart, checked out. I will probably not use it as often as Content Wizard but it has the potential to definitely be in my top ten of most useful products from the store.

And it is released!

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Saw the product, checked on the video (not that I needed to), put in chart, checked out. I will probably not use it as often as Content Wizard but it has the potential to definitely be in my top ten of most useful products from the store.

Thank you very much!  I hope you will love it.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Yeah - instant purchase, but it will take a while to find the use for it.

Well given the amount of time each simulation takes on the CPU of my MBP (which is current, RAM-packed but still) I will probably save a morph from every simulation I do from now on - just in case ;-)

RiverSoftArt said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Pretty sure about that. There are some things I almost use daily or whenever I use studio. Content Wizard (I shop too much and have still a huge backlog of stuff to install via CW), Look at me, Pose Corrector and this new thingy (whenever I do simulations from now on).

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I'm thinking that this may be more of a tool for prep work. Say you have a tablecloth; you drape it over several different table shapes, save each morph, and then never need to simulate that tablecloth again, just load into whatever scene, apply the morph slider, and nudge it into place.  

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited July 2021

Cool, just saw this.  Any chance you can drop a quick video (no audio required) to see how convenient it is, and how much I need to have it  :)

EDIT:

Whoops, that second image is a video...did not realize it until I clicked it!

EDIT 2:

Yep, super convenient!  On wishlist!  Well done.

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited July 2021

quick sit morph created for skirt

Smoothing takes care of the rest

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Wow, being able to play around with that thing a little. Absolutely love it.

Basic drape of a dress -> morph saved, applied to a new figure, autofollow does the rest.
    dForce hair -> morph saved, applied to a new figure, used the dial to fit.

I'm a fan of the dForce hair from Linday but hardly use it for the simulation times. > 10 minutes for simulation does not come that easy. Now with those re-usable morphs I can see myself using those hairs much more often.

Two little ideas for improving:
    - Option to set a prefix which will be automatically applied. I use "D2M" to quickly find those additional morphs.
    - Option to set a custom color for the created morphs.

Great product!

Artini said:

Yeah - instant purchase, but it will take a while to find the use for it.

Thank you very much!

Rod Wise Driggo said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Pretty sure about that. There are some things I almost use daily or whenever I use studio. Content Wizard (I shop too much and have still a huge backlog of stuff to install via CW), Look at me, Pose Corrector and this new thingy (whenever I do simulations from now on).

I am happy to have 3 products on your list! laugh what is pose corrector?

JOdel said:

I'm thinking that this may be more of a tool for prep work. Say you have a tablecloth; you drape it over several different table shapes, save each morph, and then never need to simulate that tablecloth again, just load into whatever scene, apply the morph slider, and nudge it into place.  

Definitely could do that.  I found myself doing 3 morphs for some dForce hair: drape, drape left, and drape right.  Usually those are the only morphs I need but I hate waiting to simulate dForce hair.

3dOutlaw said:

Cool, just saw this.  Any chance you can drop a quick video (no audio required) to see how convenient it is, and how much I need to have it  :)

EDIT:

Whoops, that second image is a video...did not realize it until I clicked it!

EDIT 2:

Yep, super convenient!  On wishlist!  Well done.

Thanks!  laugh  I am glad you saw the video. I had trouble making promo images but I think the video does a better job conveying how useful it is. 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

quick sit morph created for skirt

Smoothing takes care of the rest

Thank you very much for sharing! smiley  Well done!

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Wow, being able to play around with that thing a little. Absolutely love it.

Basic drape of a dress -> morph saved, applied to a new figure, autofollow does the rest.
    dForce hair -> morph saved, applied to a new figure, used the dial to fit.

I'm a fan of the dForce hair from Linday but hardly use it for the simulation times. > 10 minutes for simulation does not come that easy. Now with those re-usable morphs I can see myself using those hairs much more often.

Exactly like me!  I have bought quite a few dForce hairs.  Because of the simulation times, I rarely use them though sad

Two little ideas for improving:
    - Option to set a prefix which will be automatically applied. I use "D2M" to quickly find those additional morphs.
    - Option to set a custom color for the created morphs.

Great product!

You're welcome!  And thank you for the suggestions.

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 766

As soon as I saw this new product, I knew it was something I will find many uses for, and when I saw that it is also a Merchant Resource, then I instantly put it in my cart and purchased it. 

@RiverSoftArt Thank you for making another wonderfully helpful tool, and for making it a merchant resource!

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,031

I noticed the hair you used in the promos is a poly hair with cloth dForce on it. Will this also work with strand-based dForce hair?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824

I decided to do a series of morphs for a set of poses

(single frame start from memorised pose) then load them and the matching poses along the timeline

(moving back a keyframe at a time afterwards to zero the previous parameters)

I also did a full animated simulation using those same poses both on the posed morphed dress and a new load of an unmorphed dress

I think all look pretty similar

however I can jumble, mix etc the paired poses and morphs to suit an animation ( will likely do more generic ones in future)

and use them the same way in Carrara, Unreal engine etc too so definately advantages

ChangelingChick said:

I noticed the hair you used in the promos is a poly hair with cloth dForce on it. Will this also work with strand-based dForce hair?

I just tried it on dForce Soft Curls and it appears that, no, this product does not work with strand-based hair.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I decided to do a series of morphs for a set of poses

(single frame start from memorised pose) then load them and the matching poses along the timeline

(moving back a keyframe at a time afterwards to zero the previous parameters)

I also did a full animated simulation using those same poses both on the posed morphed dress and a new load of an unmorphed dress

I think all look pretty similar

however I can jumble, mix etc the paired poses and morphs to suit an animation ( will likely do more generic ones in future)

and use them the same way in Carrara, Unreal engine etc too so definately advantages

Thanks for sharing @WendyLuvsCatzsmiley

edited July 2021

I have watched your excellent video on the topic. It really helps to understand dForce2Morph better.

Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

I have watched your excellent video on the topic. It really helps to understand dForce2Morph better.

Ha, it even helped me to understand dForce better. Was not aware of those wind nodes at all ;-)

That's true. I did not know (or have not used) dForce simulation with timeline without setting the pose in the middle.

It is much faster, than saving the keys for the pose, which takes ages on my computer.

RiverSoftArt has a lot of knowledge on different aspects regarding Daz Studio

and it is a pleasure to watch his videos, when he reveals some of the tricks and tips he knows about.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,929
    edited July 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

And it is released

And it is bought!

I was waiting for this very product to come into existence! Thanks for creating such an invaluable tool!

...And yeah, I will be using DForce items much more often now thanks to this tool!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

Artini said:

Glad you liked it! smiley  

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Artini said:

Ha, it even helped me to understand dForce better. Was not aware of those wind nodes at all ;-)

LOL. laugh  I am glad I could help!

Artini said:

That's true. I did not know (or have not used) dForce simulation with timeline without setting the pose in the middle.

It is much faster, than saving the keys for the pose, which takes ages on my computer.

RiverSoftArt has a lot of knowledge on different aspects regarding Daz Studio

and it is a pleasure to watch his videos, when he reveals some of the tricks and tips he knows about.

Thank you.  I feel like a novice with so much of DS.  I'll admit that with posing/bones/scripting/smart content I have a pretty deep knowledge, but my knowledge of DS falls off rapidly from there! laugh  I have such deep respect for my collaborators such as Sickleyield, esha, and Marshian who keep showing me new things that DS can do.  DS is so big that it is easy still to find undiscovered territories in it. smiley

takezo_3001 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

And it is released

And it is bought!

I was waiting for this very product to come into existence! Thanks for creating such an invaluable tool!

...And yeah, I will be using DForce items much more often now thanks to this tool!

You're welcome!  And thank you so much for your support.