[Released] dForce2Morph [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

dForce is awesome! But let's face it, it can be slow. Sometimes, you just want to quickly use a dForce item in your scene without the hassle of setting up and executing a simulation. And dForce items often include few, if any, morphs. dForce2Morph to the rescue! Create morphs from your dForce simulations for dForce clothing, hair, and other items! Set up and run your simulation, and then execute dForce2Morph. Quickly and easily save that simulation as a morph for use later in any scene. Drape clothing, blow hair, drop cloth, etc. Take your dForce item and create a morph.

dForce2Morph is a Merchant Resource. You can sell the created morphs with your dForce item.

Features:

• Quickly create morphs from dForce simulated items
  • Create reusable morphs for dForce clothing, hair, and other items
  • Create a morph from any frame of a simulation

Tutorial

What's Included and Features

• dForce2Morph
    • dForce2Morph Script (.DSE)
    • dForce2Morph User Manual (.DSA)
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 226K
popup_01.jpg
1577 x 1300 - 378K
popup_02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 232K
popup_03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 298K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Wow - another interesting tool.

How are the morphs saved?

Do they expand already cluttered Genesis 8 figures or could they be used in the other ways (I hope)?

The enormous number of the morph dials added with every new character caused, that I have stopped buying a new figures.

My computer has certain limits and I do not like to wait for loading figures extensive amount of time.

The idea of the morphs management system is more and more needed.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Artini said:

Wow - another interesting tool.

How are the morphs saved?

Do they expand already cluttered Genesis 8 figures or could they be used in the other ways (I hope)?

The enormous number of the morph dials added with every new character caused, that I have stopped buying a new figures.

My computer has certain limits and I do not like to wait for loading figures extensive amount of time.

The idea of the morphs management system is more and more needed.

These are not morphs for the characters but for clothing, hair, and other dForce items.  For example, they are only loaded when a piece of clothing is added to a scene.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Great, will wait for the release then.

Artini said:

Great, will wait for the release then.

I am glad you like it!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

this sounds useful for simple animations, so much explodes if I do animations so I often export objs and then puppeteer them as morphs loaded the outfit,

Would cut out a lot of steps. yes

I assume it can attenuate by body part etc too so can do skirt moves, sits etc

• I feature-requested this when dForce first appeared, so a very welcome addition for me.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

this sounds useful for simple animations, so much explodes if I do animations so I often export objs and then puppeteer them as morphs loaded the outfit,

Would cut out a lot of steps. yes

I assume it can attenuate by body part etc too so can do skirt moves, sits etc

Whatever you create with a dForce sim can then be exported as a morph.  If you watch the video, I create both a skirt wind morph and a skirt sitting morph.

Richard Haseltine said:

I feature-requested this when dForce first appeared, so a very welcome addition for me.

That is great to hear!  I don't think I have ever gotten you excited by a release! laugh

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

Another brilliant tool right after the Trees! Are you getting enough sleep? We worry, you know....

Timotheus said:

Another brilliant tool right after the Trees! Are you getting enough sleep? We worry, you know....

Thank you!  I am glad you like it... as for sleep, probably not. surprise

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Aaargh, my wallet asks for a break laughlaugh....

...another Insta-buy

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Aaargh, my wallet asks for a break laughlaugh....

...another Insta-buy

laugh

cridgit said:

Just brilliant.

One question: when using dforce hair/clothes I have to setup a series of stills at intervals across the timeline so that I can allow for time to simulate/settle before each "still" frame. The problem being after simulating for say frame 0-30, when I simulate 31-60 dforce resets the simulated shape on frame 30.

So with this product I'd be able to simulate frame 0-30 and save that as a morph, then simulate frames 31-60 and save that as a morph which would solve my problem. Does that sound like it would work?

It *might* work?  I think there might be problems with such an approach, but I would need to test to see what happens.

• RiverSoftArt said:

cridgit said:

Just brilliant.

One question: when using dforce hair/clothes I have to setup a series of stills at intervals across the timeline so that I can allow for time to simulate/settle before each "still" frame. The problem being after simulating for say frame 0-30, when I simulate 31-60 dforce resets the simulated shape on frame 30.

So with this product I'd be able to simulate frame 0-30 and save that as a morph, then simulate frames 31-60 and save that as a morph which would solve my problem. Does that sound like it would work?

It *might* work?  I think there might be problems with such an approach, but I would need to test to see what happens.

I'd think it ought to work, but starting from a morphed shape may not give the same results as starting from zero - dForce uses the edges of the geometry as "springs" and tries to balance their energy out, with a morph you are going to change the starting states of those springs.

• In a marketplace full of scripts that do not always do what they promised, I'm always blown away by what you make. While I may not need all of your scripts, the ones I do buy are the scripts that are used almost daily by me smiley

Look forward to picking this up when it's released. Sounds like a wonderful idea.

MeneerWolfman said:

In a marketplace full of scripts that do not always do what they promised, I'm always blown away by what you make. While I may not need all of your scripts, the ones I do buy are the scripts that are used almost daily by me smiley

Look forward to picking this up when it's released. Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

Looks useful!

Hylas said:

Looks useful!

Thanks!  I like it. smiley

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

Will this work even when the character (and therefore the clothing item also) has been heavily morphed prior to simulation? For example, my character has been morphed to an ogre, the clothing grew along with them via auto-follow, and after this I ran the simulation, and then created the morph. I suspect the morph would not work if used when the character is not an ogre, but I hope it will work when the character has been morphed in the same way as it was before running this script.

Havos said:

Will this work even when the character (and therefore the clothing item also) has been heavily morphed prior to simulation? For example, my character has been morphed to an ogre, the clothing grew along with them via auto-follow, and after this I ran the simulation, and then created the morph. I suspect the morph would not work if used when the character is not an ogre, but I hope it will work when the character has been morphed in the same way as it was before running this script.

Your morph will definitely be saved.  It *can* possibly work with non-ogre characters (for example, turning on smoothing to fix some of it).  It will definitely work with a similarly morphed character.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,061

What if there is more than one dForce item in the scene?  How to exclude other dForce items from simulation?

• Seven193 said:

What if there is more than one dForce item in the scene?  How to exclude other dForce items from simulation?

In the Parameetrs pane you can turn on Freeze Simulation.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Seven193 said:

If the other item is clothing which another figure is wearing, then in the Scene tab, CTRL-Left-Click on the little eye (visibility) for the figure and she and everything parented to her will have visibility turned off (including, of course, visible in simulation).  

Both methods from Richard and @marble will work.  I believe in the tutorial video I do what RIchard suggested as the hair could take a long time to simulate when I only wanted the dress.

Richard Haseltine said:

Seven193 said:

Not able to check right now but I think I remember that using Freeze doesn't prevent the figure from going to zero pose and going through the motions of returning to the applied pose (if, like myself, you use the option to start from memorized pose)? 

marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Seven193 said:

Not able to check right now but I think I remember that using Freeze doesn't prevent the figure from going to zero pose and going through the motions of returning to the applied pose (if, like myself, you use the option to start from memorized pose)? 

Freeze does not prevent other items from simulating (so if you have use memorized pose it will do so when you simulate).  It just means that the frozen item remembers its simulation from before and will not simulate again.

edited July 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Seven193 said:

Freeze does not prevent other items from simulating (so if you have use memorized pose it will do so when you simulate).  It just means that the frozen item remembers its simulation from before and will not simulate again.

Yeah, I think that's what I was trying to say. Anyhow, that is why I make other figures (and their parented cloth) invisible and the CTRL-Click on the little eye icon is a simple but highly effective way of doing so. 

To return to your proposed product - I thought that there was a forum thread on how to make a morph from a dForce simulated drape but I clicked on a link to what looked like that thread and it has gone. So, to put the question bluntly: how many steps does your script save compared to a "manual" method?

By the way, if you could come up with a script that saves out a single frame of an animated dForce simulation (or any timeline animation, actually) to a scene or scene subset I would be reaching for the Cart button.

Post edited by marble on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144

OK, SOLD - will be another exception in my shopping break but anyhow this sounds just too useful to skip.

marble said:

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Seven193 said:

Yeah, I think that's what I was trying to say. Anyhow, that is why I make other figures (and their parented cloth) invisible and the CTRL-Click on the little eye icon is a simple but highly effective way of doing so. 

To return to your proposed product - I thought that there was a forum thread on how to make a morph from a dForce simulated drape but I clicked on a link to what looked like that thread and it has gone. So, to put the question bluntly: how many steps does your script save compared to a "manual" method?

The script does ~12 steps (it varies based on if it is an item on a figure or not), though some steps are simple such as go to first frame of animation and others are multiple substeps like set up the morph min/max, value, use limits, etc.

By the way, if you could come up with a script that saves out a single frame of an animated dForce simulation (or any timeline animation, actually) to a scene or scene subset I would be reaching for the Cart button.

The script creates a morph from any frame of an animation.  However, it is destructive so it cannot do that if there are more than one simulated item.