[Released] dForce2Morph [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• maikdecker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

dForce2Morph is a Merchant Resource. You can sell the created morphs with your dForce item.

Considering it's a Merchant Resource how about giving away the (hair) morphs made with it for free? I went through the effort to make morphs for Linday's Classic Long Curly Hair with the G8F Base Poses and I would think others might also profit from having these morphs, as it would speed up their creative process.

So.. I am allowed to give away these morphs away for free? Or would I have to come up with a commercial product called something like "Extra Morphs for Linday's Classic Long Curly Hair" to sell them for $ 0.10? Or can't I do either, as I would not sell a dForce item, but only them morphs themselves?

I am not really sure what you can do legally.  As far as I am concerned, you can use them as you want.  

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

RiverSoftArt said:

maikdecker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

dForce2Morph is a Merchant Resource. You can sell the created morphs with your dForce item.

Considering it's a Merchant Resource how about giving away the (hair) morphs made with it for free? I went through the effort to make morphs for Linday's Classic Long Curly Hair with the G8F Base Poses and I would think others might also profit from having these morphs, as it would speed up their creative process.

So.. I am allowed to give away these morphs away for free? Or would I have to come up with a commercial product called something like "Extra Morphs for Linday's Classic Long Curly Hair" to sell them for $ 0.10? Or can't I do either, as I would not sell a dForce item, but only them morphs themselves?

I am not really sure what you can do legally.  As far as I am concerned, you can use them as you want. 

Okay.. so from what I read here on the forum it's legally about what You, as the creator and rights holder, say about it. So thanks... smiley

• Unfortunately the script did not work on this strand-based hair:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-fringe-theory-hair-for-genesis-8-81-and-3-females

It saves as a new morph the morph-dial adjustments I have activated, but it does not save the dforce simulation results.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

MrRogerSmith said:

Unfortunately the script did not work on this strand-based hair:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-fringe-theory-hair-for-genesis-8-81-and-3-females

It saves as a new morph the morph-dial adjustments I have activated, but it does not save the dforce simulation results.

I don't know what is different about that hair (and I don't own it), but I will try and look into it.

• sagorusagoru Posts: 32

I can't get it to work! :( 

• I created a new scene
    • Loaded Genesis 8 FM
    • Loaded a dress
    • Applied a pose to frame 20 on a 30 frame timeline
    • Started simulation
    • Started dForce2Morph

Saving the simulation as a morph works, but the application of the morph doesn't.
    At the end it seems out of phase with the character's pose.
    I've tried with different clothes and with different types of poses, but the problem is always the same.

::::

Daz Studio 4.21.0.5
    Figure: Genesis 8 without any morph applied
    Dress: Bell Sleeve Shift Dress
    Pose: Confident Poses and Expressions for Eva 8 and Genesis 8 Female -  I

sagoru said:

I can't get it to work! :( 

• I created a new scene
    • Loaded Genesis 8 FM
    • Loaded a dress
    • Applied a pose to frame 20 on a 30 frame timeline
    • Started simulation
    • Started dForce2Morph

Saving the simulation as a morph works, but the application of the morph doesn't.
    At the end it seems out of phase with the character's pose.
    I've tried with different clothes and with different types of poses, but the problem is always the same.

::::

Daz Studio 4.21.0.5
    Figure: Genesis 8 without any morph applied
    Dress: Bell Sleeve Shift Dress
    Pose: Confident Poses and Expressions for Eva 8 and Genesis 8 Female -  I

Can I see the results?  The morph on the default posed figure and the morph on the posed figure?

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

maikdecker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

maikdecker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Okay.. so from what I read here on the forum it's legally about what You, as the creator and rights holder, say about it. So thanks... smiley

Have nearly all of Lindays fabulous hair. So if you are about to share morphs made with dForce2Morph, please let me know where to get them. Did some my own but boy dForcing that hair is taking ages on my machine.

I've tried adding an image both as an attachment and integrating the image into the text, but to no avail. I try to share the image from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yy-DZpf_0xOAXqpB7XRtGfRD_2Uhsr_-/view?usp=sharing

sagoru said:

I've tried adding an image both as an attachment and integrating the image into the text, but to no avail. I try to share the image from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yy-DZpf_0xOAXqpB7XRtGfRD_2Uhsr_-/view?usp=sharing

Ok, this is how morphs work.  You have the dress fitted to the figure.  When the figure is posed, DS automatically makes the dress follow the figure and its pose.  Then the morph ADDs to that and moves it.  Unfit the dress to the figure and apply the morph.  dForce2Morph is more about adding wind morphs and things like that.

Ok I get it, thank you for your help!

sagoru said:

Ok I get it, thank you for your help!

You're welcome!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

@RiverSoftArt I don't know where you find the time and energy to follow all your commercial threads and help all of us so much. Please know that we appreciate it greatly. It is efforts like this that bring us back to your store over and over.

barbult said:

@RiverSoftArt I don't know where you find the time and energy to follow all your commercial threads and help all of us so much. Please know that we appreciate it greatly. It is efforts like this that bring us back to your store over and over.

It's getting harder and harder! laugh  The more products I release, the more some days are just answering questions.  It would help GREATLY if the forums would actually work and notify me when threads change.  Thank you for the kind words.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,836
    edited July 2023

I posted here because I couldn't find this thread but now here it is wink

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8277551/#Comment_8277551

to recap

sigh

if only we could bake Dforce to keyframes along the timeline like Optitex

I used compare on saved uncompressed scenes in Notepad++ and the vertex information is there after simulation 

Dforce2morph can only destructively do one frame, what's needed is a way to queue up reloading the scene in one frame increments and saving a morph each frame, preferably in the scene NOT the data folder for the clothing 

or alternatively a cache of obj exports (Sagan can do this) that can be loaded into morphloader and keyframed along the timeline 

vertex animation 

there is a script for Marvellous Designer that does this but it doesn't work on other obj series 

yes I can load all the obj's into morphloader but that's a lot of morphs to manually keyframe 100% then  0 each preceding and subsequent frames

also the issue of just exporting the base resolution clothing so vertex order matches 

BTW like Optitex freeze an obj with a series of morphs is wanted not a fitted  figure with saved morphs 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

to recap

sigh

I used compare on saved uncompressed scenes in Notepad++ and the vertex information is there after simulation 

Dforce2morph can only destructively do one frame, what's needed is a way to queue up reloading the scene in one frame increments and saving a morph each frame, preferably in the scene NOT the data folder for the clothing 

or alternatively a cache of obj exports (Sagan can do this) that can be loaded into morphloader and keyframed along the timeline 

vertex animation 

there is a script for Marvellous Designer that does this but it doesn't work on other obj series 

yes I can load all the obj's into morphloader but that's a lot of morphs to manually keyframe 100% then  0 each preceding and subsequent frames

also the issue of just exporting the base resolution clothing so vertex order matches 

BTW like Optitex freeze an obj with a series of morphs is wanted not a fitted  figure with saved morphs 

Not sure what you are asking or why, but clearing the simulation is a necessary step of the procedure.

edited July 2023

I am asking for a script that does what the Optitex freeze does (and Poser dyn2morph.py) but for Dforce

creates a keyframed morphing object

you can then use keyframe actions like creating Aniblocks and reversing and looping animations, trimming, offsetting etc ( along with the matching figure animation )

I do this with Optitex sims but they are limited in content 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

RiverSoftArt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

to recap

sigh

vertex animation 

Not sure what you are asking or why, but clearing the simulation is a necessary step of the procedure.

What Wendy wants can be done via DAZ Script, and Casual uses the technique in a number of his scripts, e.g.:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjobjstomorphingprop

For each relevant animated Node you end up with 1 Property slider per Frame, which holds the Morph Deltas for that Frame and has a Value of 0 for all Frames except that Frame #.  You then just Play the animation via the TimeLine (and watch the sliders in the Parameters Pane making like a Player Piano).

That's a lot of sliders, but it has worked well for me for animations up to 360 Frames.  (I haven't tried it for longer - could be no problem.)

The advantages include being to save any of those Morphs as an Asset, or as Wendy said convert to aniBlocks, etc.

I believe I tried Casual's script already  but it didn't work on the Sagan obj sequence but I will revisit it in case I am mistaken 

there is more than one script out there and I hadn't gotten any to work

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I believe I tried Casual's script already  but it didn't work on the Sagan obj sequence but I will revisit it in case I am mistaken 

I've just done a quick test of Casual's script I referenced in my post above, and it worked as expected:  (using DS v4.15.0.30)

1) New Scene: Loaded G8F, in default pose and position, Base resolution, deleted EyeLashes wearable.

File > Export to 000.obj

Copied 000.obj to 002.obj and 004.obj

In an external 3d App I created 2 simple quick mods from 000.obj:

001.obj = "Belly in"

003.obj = "Belly Out"

2) New Scene:  Timeline = 31 frames, File > Import 000.obj, selected it.

Loaded Casual's mcjAnimObjsToMorphs.dsa into the Script IDE Pane (to see if it threw any errors when I ran it - it did not).

(mcjAnimObjsToMorphs.dsa has file date 2012-06-01 17:32)

Ran the script:

[Browse...] - selected 000.obj

obj import scale = DAZ Studio (1:1)

[Objs to Morph] ...(Took about 5 secs per Frame)

[Animate Morphs]  ...NB: Casual's instructions seem to omit saying you must do this.  If you don't then the Morphs and sliders will exist but will not be animated.

[Exit]

That created a new "Morphs" section in the Parameters Pane, containing 4 sliders named fr_1, fr_2, fr_3, fr_4, corresponding to Morphs 001.obj, 002.obj, 003.obj, 004.obj  - In the Parameter Settings dialog of each one you can see the KeyFrame values in the Keys sub-Page.  Because the Frame Range was 31 frames, the 5-Frame .obj sequence is repeated (30/5) = 6 times.

When I Play the Timeline, the G8F belly snaps In/Out as expected.

Of course, the result is not an animated morph of G8F - its an animated morph of a G8F-shaped Prop, but the script can easily be changed to create morphs of G8F, e.g. using Casual's technique per https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjaddstretchmorph  - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47183/mcjaddstretchmorph-add-stretcher-morph-to-usually-a-prop

Praxis said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I've just done a quick test of Casual's script I referenced in my post above, and it worked as expected:  (using DS v4.15.0.30)

1) New Scene: Loaded G8F, in default pose and position, Base resolution, deleted EyeLashes wearable.

File > Export to 000.obj

Copied 000.obj to 002.obj and 004.obj

In an external 3d App I created 2 simple quick mods from 000.obj:

001.obj = "Belly in"

003.obj = "Belly Out"

2) New Scene:  Timeline = 31 frames, File > Import 000.obj, selected it.

Loaded Casual's mcjAnimObjsToMorphs.dsa into the Script IDE Pane (to see if it threw any errors when I ran it - it did not).

(mcjAnimObjsToMorphs.dsa has file date 2012-06-01 17:32)

Ran the script:

[Browse...] - selected 000.obj

obj import scale = DAZ Studio (1:1)

[Objs to Morph] ...(Took about 5 secs per Frame)

[Animate Morphs]  ...NB: Casual's instructions seem to omit saying you must do this.  If you don't then the Morphs and sliders will exist but will not be animated.

[Exit]

That created a new "Morphs" section in the Parameters Pane, containing 4 sliders named fr_1, fr_2, fr_3, fr_4, corresponding to Morphs 001.obj, 002.obj, 003.obj, 004.obj  - In the Parameter Settings dialog of each one you can see the KeyFrame values in the Keys sub-Page.  Because the Frame Range was 31 frames, the 5-Frame .obj sequence is repeated (30/5) = 6 times.

When I Play the Timeline, the G8F belly snaps In/Out as expected.

Of course, the result is not an animated morph of G8F - its an animated morph of a G8F-shaped Prop, but the script can easily be changed to create morphs of G8F, e.g. using Casual's technique per https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjaddstretchmorph  - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47183/mcjaddstretchmorph-add-stretcher-morph-to-usually-a-prop

Interesting.

• maikdecker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

maikdecker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

@maikdecker: Sent you a PM regarding those morphs you made for various dForce states of Lindays hairs. Would be great if you could share those.

• edited January 30

RiverSoftArt said:

sagoru said:

Ok, this is how morphs work.  You have the dress fitted to the figure.  When the figure is posed, DS automatically makes the dress follow the figure and its pose.  Then the morph ADDs to that and moves it.  Unfit the dress to the figure and apply the morph.  dForce2Morph is more about adding wind morphs and things like that.

I'm currently facing the same issue. Could you implement a checkbox feature that automatically adjusts the clothing before conversion and then reverts it back to its original state after the morph has been created? It's quite frustrating having to manually un-fit the clothing, generate the morph, and then re-fit the cloth again.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • @RiverSoftArt I'm having trouble getting this to work on a shorter than average figure. When I try to use the morph that I have created, the clothing basically slides down the torso rather than stays in place. When I run the simulation everything looks correct. I then create the morph for the sweater, fit the sweater to a new figure, and thats where I run into problems.

Bottom line: How would I go about using this to create a morph for a sweater to fit a large-breasted but short character? Also, how do I delete morphs that I don't want anymore? I have a bunch of failed attempts now. 

edited January 30

Blackgrimreaper753 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

sagoru said:

I'm currently facing the same issue. Could you implement a checkbox feature that automatically adjusts the clothing before conversion and then reverts it back to its original state after the morph has been created? It's quite frustrating having to manually un-fit the clothing, generate the morph, and then re-fit the cloth again.

Unfortunately, the conversion process is destructive and cannot be reverted in that scene.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

FrankTheTank said:

@RiverSoftArt I'm having trouble getting this to work on a shorter than average figure. When I try to use the morph that I have created, the clothing basically slides down the torso rather than stays in place. When I run the simulation everything looks correct. I then create the morph for the sweater, fit the sweater to a new figure, and thats where I run into problems.

Bottom line: How would I go about using this to create a morph for a sweater to fit a large-breasted but short character? Also, how do I delete morphs that I don't want anymore? I have a bunch of failed attempts now. 

From the manual: It is recommended to not use custom characters, but the generic Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 8 Female, etc. You are creating a morph the will make the sweater work on a large-breasted character.  The short part really doesn't make a lot of sense to me; that changes the character and not the sweater in any way.

The morphs will be in the data folder.  Look for the most updated file location after running the script.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2

RiverSoftArt said:

From the manual: It is recommended to not use custom characters, but the generic Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 8 Female, etc. You are creating a morph the will make the sweater work on a large-breasted character.  The short part really doesn't make a lot of sense to me; that changes the character and not the sweater in any way.

The morphs will be in the data folder.  Look for the most updated file location after running the script.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if it's possible to use custom poses/characters via the timeline, as in starting the process with the default figure/pose, (which practically no one uses) and having the last frame contain custom poses/characters?

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

takezo_3001 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Hmmm, I'm wondering if it's possible to use custom poses/characters via the timeline, as in starting the process with the default figure/pose, (which practically no one uses) and having the last frame contain custom poses/characters?

In general, morphs are supposed to base off the generic figures.  Then they are combined with other morphs (such as a fat morph) to give you what you want.  If they are not based off a common starting point, they won't always give you want you want.

RiverSoftArt said:

In general, morphs are supposed to base off the generic figures.  Then they are combined with other morphs (such as a fat morph) to give you what you want.  If they are not based off a common starting point, they won't always give you want you want.

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense, thanks for the enlightenment! 

takezo_3001 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense, thanks for the enlightenment! 

You're welcome!  Thanks for the support!

You're welcome, thanks for the magnificent scripts! :^)