Sad news about moderator Chohole

Comments

• DolbomirDolbomir Posts: 72

Bah! Sad to hear. Condolences to the family and friends... and to us.

crying

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Sad to hear. Condolences to her family and friends. The Commons has a new complaint thread title in her honor.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I am so very sorry to hear about her passing.

My condolences to her family and friends :(

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Oh no :(
    I completely missed this, and only found out VIA the new complaint thread title. Sad news indeed. The place won't be the same without that stickwaver

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

My deepest condolences to Chohole's family, friends and our small community here at DAZ. She was a big part of what makes this little slice of the internet a pleasant place to connect with others. I know she has been here a long time, helping people and keeping this zoo under control. She will be missed.

• Oh this is so very sad :( thoughts and cyber hugs to her family and friends, she will be terribly missed in the 3D community :(

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127

Very sad to hear the news. My condolences to her family. Not only was she a great moderator for the forums but I downloaded alot of her wonderful textures for V4 wardrobes. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

RIP. Her freebies were some of the first things I downloaded when I got into this hobby, 10+ years ago. I still use her MFD textures in Iray, with a bit of tweaking.

My prayers for and condolences to her family and NeilV.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

I just heard the sad news.maybe one of the only fair mod in the forum.  RIP Chohole you will be missed

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I haven't been in the forums for a bit, so I just came across this. So sad to hear about Chohole. She was a great cheerleader for Bryce users and a wonderful moderator. Chatting with her was always a pleasure. I'm going to miss her. She muddled through wonderfully when himself, as she called her husband/partner here in the forums, passed a few years ago. I know that was rough on her. My thoughts go out to her family.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Very sorry to hear of Chohole's passing. My condolences to her family.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited August 2021

NeilV has just given me the details for Chohole's funeral:

The Funeral arrangements For Mrs Pamela Margaret Davies are as follows,

Funeral service on Friday 13th August at the Llwydcoed Crematorium,
    1 Ty Newydd, Llwydcoed, Aberdare CF44 0DJ, UK.

At 1.30 pm BST (UTC+1).

Officiating Minister Pastor Andy Pitt.

------------------

Flowers can be sent to:

Caradoc Price Funeral Directors
    1 Gwernllwyn Uchaf,
    Dowlais
    Merthyr Tydfil
    CF48 3NB
    UK

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Oh my gosh, what terrible news.  I'm late hearing this and completely shocked.  So sorry for the family's loss.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Condolences to Chohole's family. Chohole was always so kind and compassionate, and not afraid to wave her stick of justice in the often needing moderation forums. Pam's support during my early days of DAZ (M4/V4/Genesis era) was instrumental in my development as a 3D artist. May you rest in peace Pam. 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    This terrible news. Rip dear Chohole.
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

Rest well, nice Lady! Thank  you for everything you have brought to the Daz Community.

• john1720john1720 Posts: 39

All respect to Chohole. She was very patient & helpful to me when I was learning ( struggling ) to 'wrangle' textures in my earliest days with Daz.

I will always remember her and that avatar.

Kind regards to all her Daz/Carrera friends.

She gave much to many.

X

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822

I am so shocked to hear this news that I am left stunned and can not think. I remember her so well past most here because I worked with her almost everyday for the seven years I hosted trhe freebie challenge here. I also saw much about her beloved brother lol. WOW...she was the backbone to the community forum and she made great clothes at one time too. Dang...I am gonna miss that beautiful spirited lady very much. sad 

• i resurrected my Daz profile to express my condolences. fly high my friend...

• Allow this newbie to say...Rest in peace, Madame Choloe ! Your legacy will be carried on.

• Awww so sorry to hear this, She was so generous and helpful to others

RIP Choloe

• Condolences to family and friends. May she Rest In Peace 

• Oh that is sad news indeed, I'm so sorry to hear that. - my heartfelt condolences to her family and friends

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    I just learned about this from the name of the new complaint thread. Chohole was one of the faces of the forums and more important, a strong voice for Bryce. Condolences to her family for their loss.
  • IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

I am sorry to hear of Cholole's passing. My deepest condolences to her family. 

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Brycetech said:

i resurrected my Daz profile to express my condolences. fly high my friend...

Been a long time Dave, hope all is well

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Sad to hear about this.  She will be missed!

• Wow - such sad news. I've been away from DAZ and the forums for almost a year due to work taking up all my time and just popped in on a whim to see what was going on only to see this. I only interacted with Chohole a couple of times over the years but she was a regular and comforting presence and will be missed.

My condolences to family and friends

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

I've been a away from the 3D scene for a while and this really makes me sad. Had fun reading her posts and she was always helpful. She will be missed, My condolences to her family.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 2021

I haven't been on the forum in quite a while.  I only found out about this through the complaint thread. I am so sorry to hear this news. I offer my condolences, but I think it means more when I see each of the artist/member posts that says that person was in some way affected by her. 

Also thank you to Richard Hazeltine for posting information about the funeral.  A number of artists have left us in the last couple of years and I find it frustratingly incomplete when someone I have corresponded with is gone and the ony information I have is one line that they won't be coming back. The notice about the funeral provides a closure of sorts. Thank you.

Post edited by Consumer573 on