AlKair

AlKair awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    AlKair 1 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

Sven Dullah,

The renders are very lush! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Sven Dullah said:

AlKair

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

csaa said:

Sven Dullah,

The renders are very lush! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Sven Dullah said:

AlKair

Thank you:) 

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,010

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

magaremoto said:

2 more sets added

scene and camera arranged in carrara, rendered in daz studio with 3delight

very impressive fly-thru 

edited February 2022

By the Window awe.png
    1600 x 1108 - 2M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited February 2022

They order pizza. It's the closest thing to normalicy all day.

21-Pizza.jpg
    798 x 1227 - 165K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    edited February 2022

By the Window2a awe.png
    1600 x 1108 - 3M
    By the Window2pp awe.png
    1600 x 1108 - 3M
    edited February 2022

Azrael awe.png
    3200 x 2286 - 7M
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

Ivy said:

magaremoto said:

2 more sets added

very impressive fly-thru 

thx Ivy, unfortunately I had to stop my drone flight  due to an annoying "issue" of the camera in D/S, looping and rotating randomly between key frames. Anyway 3delight is remarkable for its render speed and likely outcome

• Sven Dullah said:

This one with the strong sunlight works well.

FirstBastion said:

Sven Dullah said:

This one with the strong sunlight works well. 

Thank you!  These kind of scenarios are always a bit of a struggle, damn hard to get light levels right. Tip: Don't even think about lighting this scene with pure HDRI light coming thru the windowslaugh

Ethin said:

Cutie;) 

edited February 2022

skin test over G1, G2 and G3 gals

g1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 376K
    g2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 385K
    g3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 378K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

Sven Dullah said:

Cutie;) 

Thanks!

edited February 2022

magaremoto said:

Ivy said:

magaremoto said:

2 more sets added

very impressive fly-thru 

thx Ivy, unfortunately I had to stop my drone flight  due to an annoying "issue" of the camera in D/S, looping and rotating randomly between key frames. Anyway 3delight is remarkable for its render speed and likely outcome

If I remeber right if you make 2 keys frames of the same value on for each of the camera movements during the transistion.  it stops that crazy camera turning and loopping. its a a cheat i learned a long time ago animating with daz studio.

I use 3delight all the time in animations. I like how you can custom control the lighting .   lately I been using 3dl to make pre rendered back grounds for pre productions Iray animation with some good results

3dl will create motion blur where iray does not. it real annoying because anime uses motion blur a lot for dramatic scenes. And I have been experimenting using 3dl pre rendered motion blur backgrounds in iray renders, for both animation and still renders.    rarely anyone would even notice.

the images below  are 3dl background. - pre rendered with motion blur then re-rendered in iray with a car model i been working on.  I used stonemasons urban future 3 set to create the backgrounds

and these is a couple of 3dl rendered animations i have done. 3dl is a very useful tool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_xGxBb0GE

won 2nd place in a Halloween animation contest with this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwJQ0cFDync

3kgt4.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 278K
    3kgt6.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 227K
    3kgt5a.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 249K
    3kgt7.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 232K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited February 2022

The Center awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

great animation skills, Ivy, and your blend between 3dl and iray looks promising yes

thx for the hint, maybe I solved the issue: selecting 2 key frames and turn their interpolation into linear should work (maybe); using sliders to tweak rotations might help too.

However managing scene and camera in carrara is undoubtedly far better

I hope one day carrara and daz studio could be used for a good animation movie

• Ivy said:

If I remeber right if you make 2 keys frames of the same value on for each of the camera movements during the transistion.  it stops that crazy camera turning and loopping. its a a cheat i learned a long time ago animating with daz studio.

I use 3delight all the time in animations. I like how you can custom control the lighting .   lately I been using 3dl to make pre rendered back grounds for pre productions Iray animation with some good results

3dl will create motion blur where iray does not. it real annoying because anime uses motion blur a lot for dramatic scenes. And I have been experimenting using 3dl pre rendered motion blur backgrounds in iray renders, for both animation and still renders.    rarely anyone would even notice.

the images below  are 3dl background. - pre rendered with motion blur then re-rendered in iray with a car model i been working on.  I used stonemasons urban future 3 set to create the backgrounds

I like how you did the motion blur on the rear view mirror too!

The ghostHouse ride has the right timing and balance like a real carnival ride. Happy to hear you won an award with it.

magaremoto said:

great animation skills, Ivy, and your blend between 3dl and iray looks promising yes

thx for the hint, maybe I solved the issue: selecting 2 key frames and turn their interpolation into linear should work (maybe); using sliders to tweak rotations might help too.

However managing scene and camera in carrara is undoubtedly far better

I hope one day carrara and daz studio could be used for a good animation movie

Thanks . Ive been at animating with daz studio for a long time so I got a good grasp of on how to use it i just need good story lines.. ")

I have Carrara Pro 8.1 But I was never really any good with it. But I have seen some cool stuff done with it

FirstBastion said:

Ivy said:

I like how you did the motion blur on the rear view mirror too!

The ghostHouse ride has the right timing and balance like a real carnival ride. Happy to hear you won an award with it.

Thank you very much :) 

The Ghost ride was made a few years back Most of the animations i make are either a combination of 3delight and iray or all iray rendered now days

This was a 3rd place animation I done in delight 4 years ago kind of corny ,,lol

Sven Dullah said:

Ha Ha Ha good oneyes . very clever using a similarity of the daz 404 page error on the computer screen laugh

Tks Ivy:) 

That's equally clever use of 3DL motion blur, well done! I don't know why I see so few renders using it, it's not rocket science is it... I see a lot of IRay action renders that look kind of corny because everything is just razor sharp. Maybe DAZ will wake up some day and implement IRay MB? To my knowledge IRay supports it, so what's the problem DAZ??

edited February 2022

...speaking of cars...testing some custom textures...

Tuscan V GP awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited February 2022

good job Sven yes very realistic

Ivy, as for the lip sync what could be the best workflow in your opinion to get a convincing result?

quick test here over G1, G2, G3, G8 skins and sunlight. A bit of glare in ps

20ps.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited February 2022

magaremoto said:

good job Sven yes very realistic

Thank you!

quick test here over G1, G2, G3, G8 skins and sunlight. A bit of glare in ps

So are you using UE2 for global illumination? Ift so, how are you dealing with the lack of specular rays? What shader for the skins? In my opinion they look a bit flat and washed out. Maybe the ambient light is a bit too strong and saturated? Just a bit curious regarding your workflow, that's all:) 

Hmm you probably know this but many if not most DAZ characters ship with totally obscure skinsettings, especially gamma settings for controlmaps. Make it a good habit checking that gamma is set to 1 for atleast bump- and specular maps. I assume you are using a linear workflow with gammacorrection "on" in rendersettings?