• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2022

A Bot awe.png
    1600 x 2589 - 5M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

magaremoto said:

Sven Dullah said:

Wow nice @magaremoto!! Yes that's what the world looks like when you're really fastwink

thx Sven, I'm not a fan of stillness :):)

by the way, how to properly use motion blur in 3de? another question: is there a way to make realistic clouds in 3de?

...Denki Gaka's IBL Skies also work in 3DL using UE.  I have the entire bundle each one focusing on a different type of cloud formation from cirrus to heavy overcast. Like the old LDP2, they also include a range of sun elevation settings in 5° increments and can be rotated. You can also use the cloud domes with a distant light for the sun if you turn off the UE component to save rendering time.

https://www.daz3d.com/ibl-skies-perfect-skies-bundle

It's currently on sale at 68% off.

...picked it up, tks (I think):D Almost 30GB...outch:/

...yeah a lot to download but works very nice as it is just skies, No ground scenery. Back in the pre Daz4 days I used Light Dome Pro and Light Dome Pro 2 for Daz 3.1 the latter very similar to IBL skies. I first used it in the Bus Stop scene with the two girls I did a couple years back. 

edited May 2022

...testing a random IBL-Skies hdr...one million to go...:D

TachyonBot awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited May 2022

TachyonBot2p awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

...very nice. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

I've got another illustrated publication project started, but it's barely off the ground, so I'll save that until I have more material  to post.

In the meantime, however, I've got a couple of personal reading copies of WiPs  in progress also. These usually only have frontspiece illustrations. They won't ever be posted, but I can at least be a disgusting show-off with the opening pages.

All of these three examples are heavily postworked. Which is to say that a good percentage of the illo (not just the background) has been added on in Photoshop.

First: The first volume of a trilogy called 'World Enough and Time'.

WorleEnough1.jpg
    800 x 617 - 618K
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

Something's Out There.

edited May 2023

And here is the opening spread of the sequel of my last post. This one is largely a photo manipulation with rendered figures in the foreground.

WorldEnoug2.jpg
    800 x 618 - 644K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Alone At The Pool

And another opening page. This is another one that's mosty Photoshop with rendered subjects. Necromancer 8.1 converts to 3DL very nicely.

Opening.jpg
    793 x 907 - 348K
    edited June 2022

bot

Bot Space Station awepp.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

JOdel said:

And another opening page. This is another one that's mosty Photoshop with rendered subjects. Necromancer 8.1 converts to 3DL very nicely.

So when you say mostly Photoshop with rendered subjects ,do you mean you render tthe parts seperately and then put them together in photoshop? All of your stuff looks great to me

edited June 2022

@Sven ...fantastic.  The more I see what's  posted here the more I feel Iray has serious competition. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2022

kyoto kid said:

@Sven ...fantastic.  The more I see what's  posted here the more I feel Iray has serious competition. 

Tks a lot kk! Credits go to wowie for his fantastic GI solution and shaders;) On a sidenote...he apparently lost the source code in a Windows updatecrying The good thing, he is rebuildling it and, according to the testrenders he posted, it will be better stilllaugh 

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

Sven Dullah said:

kyoto kid said:

Tks a lot kk! Credits go to wowie for his fantastic GI solution and shaders;) On a sidenote...he apparently lost the source code in a Windows updatecrying The good thing, he is rebuildling it and, according to the testrenders he posted, it will be better stilllaugh 

yes

edited June 2022

Harpsburg (re)render...

Harpsburg scale pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

...yeah looks really good. the GI is a marked improvement.

(Made some light adjustments on the above render, re-posted)

edited June 2022

Made for LLRAM challenge (retirement), stoopid short story attached

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

Sven Dullah,

The art goes well with the short story. Made for the next season of "Love Death and Robots" @ Netflix?

Cheers!

Sven Dullah said:

Made for LLRAM challenge (retirement), stoopid short story attached

csaa said:

Sven Dullah,

The art goes well with the short story. Made for the next season of "Love Death and Robots" @ Netflix?

Cheers!

Interesting, was not familiar with that, tks:) 

edited June 2022

Dropship

Boris Dropship pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

...this just keeps amazing me.  

Need to get the money up for that upgrade that includes a Ryzen 5900X with 24 threads. and 64 GB of system memory.

edited July 2022

kyoto kid said:

...this just keeps amazing me.  

Need to get the money up for that upgrade that includes a Ryzen 5900X with 24 threads. and 64 GB of system memory.

Well I'm happy to announce that rendering CPU-load is at 99,7% on all 16 cores of my new Mac Pro (48gb RAM)devil

Yeah I considered the Ryzen, but for various reasons, went with the Mac;)

edited July 2022

...so, while trying to find a way of getting rid of OS Monterey so I can run DS 4.9, I had to install the latest 4.20 version just to be able to do anything. First impression = buggy as hellindecision And, as I knew beforehand, certain things don't work anymore (GenX2 and add-ons, Omnifreaker's ubersoft lights). Amazingly enough I managed to install Garibaldi Express (the editor window is upside down, but stilllaugh) and keymate/graphmate so all is not lost. And all user files are apparently working as expected (ok I mean most, wearables seem to be borked and won't fit properly). Just need to remember NOT to use any keyboard shortcuts, DS shuts down to desktop...[rant over]

Just a quick GB testrender with 4.20 under Monterey(Yeah I know there's the SBH now, will look into it):

Eligio ds awe.png
    800 x 1000 - 766K
    edited July 2022

MordenoCasa

Mordeno Casa Kikanawe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited July 2022

MordenoCasa ext duskPPawe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

...yeah I found that same situation with GenX2.  Morphs I had already loaded in an older version of Daz still apply but trying to load new ones doesn't.  I wanted to transfer the HFS alien morphs (for G1 that I purchased years ago at Rendo) that I have to G3 but it won't let me do it. This was one of the other reasons I have been loathe to adopt G8, save for a few of the more "interesting" characters.

As I read somewhere here, XTransfer which transfers morphs and shapes from G3 to G8 is also borked in 4.20 which I normally would have used after transferring morphs/shapes to G3 with GenX2. 

BTW excellent images.  I feel you are giving Iray a run for its money.