Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

wsterdan said:

Sven said:

Tks! Yeah temperatures expected to drop below -38°C here tonight...it's a real struggle now:)

Is that with or without wind chill? Either way, it's still too cold.

We've been unnaturally warm this winter (so far) and we barely have any snow, very unusual. I assume the weather will play catch-up in a few weeks, so we'll enjoy it for now.

We'll be dipping back into the minus twenties next week. 

Well it went below -30 last night, now -29°C  with no wind, luckily. Walking the dog is unthinkablesurprise

Weird, been living here for almostt 6o years now and it still hurts like helllaugh. Let´s hope you don't get it too bad when it hits! Twenty is already way too much in the long run..

FirstBastion said:

This is an old Poser/Obj prop from Dante78 that I picked up the other day,  and decided that DS 3Delight would would probably handle the textures well enough given the poser mats.  

The landscape surround that came with the building though was really showing its over a decade age,  so added my own nature elements,  since i have a few of those laying around. 

Yeah I bet. you have:) Nicely done! 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Dante78's stuff is something that I've gotten a fair amount of use out of. The all brown promos are a bit misleading, but most of them take shaders well. Althugh you sometimes need to got at them with the geometry editor to create some new matt zones.

edited January 6

The James Webb Telescope continued to reveal amazing details of our outer solar system... (artistic interpretation of raw data)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Mountain Valley converted

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Sven Dullah said:

Great shot, it looks like a screen grab from a TV show or movie. I'd watch that show 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,418

Sven Dullah said:

I have been looking at that set for a while,  and your image here just guaranteed I'm gonna buy it.  This looks really good.  

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,418

wsterdan said:

Sven Dullah said:

Great shot, it looks like a screen grab from a TV show or movie. I'd watch that show 

That is a recreation of the Universal Studio Backlot, so it is likely you have seen it dozens of times On TV,  and in movies like BTTF

edited January 10

Thanks guys for commenting and the additional info! It did look familiar:)

Yeah, appart from a few strange design decisions (no mat zones or emissive maps for red/yellow/green on traffic lights and such), a very nice set indeed! Just note I replaced all the original transmapped foliage with modelled equivalents, as I very much prefer to work with the latter.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Hi All,

Real life (boo, hiss) has been getting in the way of my rendering for the past few months so I'm catching up with things. There are some fantastic renders here!

Anyway, heres my latest, made for Llola Lane's thread:

Fish

• David RDavid R Posts: 220

Sven Dullah said:

I have this environment and I think it looks better in 3Delight than Iray. 

nattaruk said:

Hi All,

Real life (boo, hiss) has been getting in the way of my rendering for the past few months so I'm catching up with things. There are some fantastic renders here!

Fish

Interesting effect, the fish colours really pop! 

nattaruk said:

Hi All,

Fish

I've missed your artworks, good to see you again! Nice one! 

David R said:

Sven Dullah said:

I have this environment and I think it looks better in 3Delight than Iray. 

Much appreciated, thank yousmiley 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited January 12

Just did this one for the DAZ+ January 2024 render challenge, a remake of a scene I did in 2007:

"You Can Have Your Spy Back"

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Fixmypcmike said:

Just did this one for the DAZ+ January 2024 render challenge, a remake of a scene I did in 2007:

The Metal looks really good there! Well done:) 

Fixmypcmike said:

I really like the framing on this one and the rain effect is very well done. I am concerned, though, that the spy is not being returned in the same shape he was found in. laugh

wsterdan said:

Fixmypcmike said:

I really like the framing on this one and the rain effect is very well done. I am concerned, though, that the spy is not being returned in the same shape he was found in. laugh

Technically, he was found dead.  He and two other spies on a mission with the Queen were actually terrorists intent on kidnapping her, and she managed to kill this one before she was subdued. 

Fixmypcmike said:

wsterdan said:

Fixmypcmike said:

...  I am concerned, though, that the spy is not being returned in the same shape he was found in. laugh

Technically, he was found dead.  He and two other spies on a mission with the Queen were actually terrorists intent on kidnapping her, and she managed to kill this one before she was subdued. 

Thanks for the clarification... though now i'm clearly not as funny as I thought I was. wink 

wsterdan said:

Fixmypcmike said:

wsterdan said:

Fixmypcmike said:

...  I am concerned, though, that the spy is not being returned in the same shape he was found in. laugh

Thanks for the clarification... though now i'm clearly not as funny as I thought I was. wink 

Coming in at the middle of a novel is worse than having someone spoil the punchline to ruin a good joke.

edited January 20

Played around with FB:s Long Stretch of Deserted Road, that I finally moved from my wishlist into my runtime;)

Gorgous sunset/sunrise;  love the lighting on the road. Is the vegetation part of the scene, or did you do your usual replacement?

edited January 21

Tks! Yup it's all original stuff, FirstBastion did not use any opacity maps here, much appreciated:) Although I modified/added some controlmaps on the road and terrain (displace and roughness).

Thanks for the info; yup, I've always been a fan of FirstBastion's stuff, never disappoints.

Hmm I have a few of his really old sets that he took down...laughdevil

The Fisherman

Okay, that one's going to need some explaining. Neat effect!

wsterdan said:

Okay, that one's going to need some explaining. Neat effect!

Well, that's just two renders combined and manipulated to death in GIMPblush Don't know about the actual result, but it felt good at the time (early morning, no sleep all night lol)laugh

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

"Fisherman" looks good.  Has a kind of abstract quality to it.

Reason I'm posting is that I need a refresher course (advice) in 3DL-- been a few years. Would this be a place to ask questions or wasn't there a "3DL Test Lab" topic"?   Not behaving as I remember it, but as said-- it's been a while.  :)

Tynkere said:

"Fisherman" looks good.  Has a kind of abstract quality to it.

Reason I'm posting is that I need a refresher course (advice) in 3DL-- been a few years. Would this be a place to ask questions or wasn't there a "3DL Test Lab" topic"?   Not behaving as I remember it, but as said-- it's been a while.  :)

The 3d lab thread is full, check my signature links or just drop your q:s here:) And thanks:))