Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,267
    edited January 31

I am trying something new for myself: Cartoon and Scripted 3DL. I hope you all like Daz only, no postwork.

Dragon.png
    1920 x 1080 - 933K
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

AgitatedRiot said:

I am trying something new for myself: Cartoon and Scripted 3DL. I hope you all like Daz only, no postwork.

Cool! I wish I knew more about the NPR stuff...any year now... 

Sven Dullah said:

AgitatedRiot said:

It's pretty cool after reassembling.

AgitatedRiot said:

Sven Dullah said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Aah, so you used the outline script as a layer? 

Sven Dullah said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Sven Dullah said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I use the script for every layer. Outline Script will produce three or four images, then the pointed-based occlusion and the last is the standard render. I opened them up in GIMP as layers and adjusted, and moved them around them to the look I wanted.

I used Photoshop until it became subscription based, so I had to learn GIMP.

AgitatedRiot said:

Sven Dullah said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Sven Dullah said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I use the script for every layer. Outline Script will produce three or four images, then the pointed-based occlusion and the last is the standard render. I opened them up in GIMP as layers and adjusted, and moved them around them to the look I wanted.

I used Photoshop until it became subscription based, so I had to learn GIMP.

Tks for clarifying, I might have to look at that stuff again someday...been a while since:) 

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525
    edited February 4

This month's theme in the Llola Lane Render a Month is Sci-Fi Animals so I made this:

In the Laboratory

and then made this as well:

Behind You!

The ACME Life Detection Scanner Mk3b v2a was notoriously unreliable.

I'm not sure how a three legged animal would actually move so I've gone for visual appeal rather than realism.

Post edited by nattaruk on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

nattaruk said:

This month's theme in the Llola Lane Render a Month is Sci-Fi Animals so I made this:

In the Laboratory

and then made this as well:

Behind You!

The ACME Life Detection Scanner Mk3b v2a was notoriously unreliable.

I'm not sure how a three legged animal would actually move so I've gone for visual appeal rather than realism.

Great images, I love the bright colours and clean lines, lots of fun!

Regarding three-legged animals, I tend to think of someone on crutches going as fast as they can. 

@nattaruk, very crisp and clean renders indeed, a lot to take in;) Nice ones!!

edited February 4

A Forrest Setting

(G1 with mostly V3 shape, G3F Sage skin by Thorne + some custom maps, G3F DaiosaHair with custom opacity- and heightmaps, G3F Supernatural brows)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited February 5

...and another skintest, was reminded of a bunch of Gen4 skins I own, predating 2010, made by LiquidRustProductions...picked one (LRP Bianca) at random..

...obviously having some trouble bringing the albedo values closer to PBR equivalents...

I know these are mostly skin tests (the characters look great, and LRP does great skins) but I really like the backgrounds; they're set up to contrast nicely with the foreground character, looking great while not pulling attention away from the subject.

Thanks Walt! 

Someone, wiser than me, said: I need my pain like the desert needs the rain:)) I think that's why I stick with 3DL, basically. Not a Great Visual Artist as much as a Pusher Of Limits;)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited February 9

Well, I've been working on another pair of personal reading copies of fanfics. And, yes, they are still Potterfics. These are anthologies of components of seekeronthepath's 'Severus Snape and the Boy-Who-Lived' which are posted on Ao3. I'd post the full spreads so you'd get a better idea, but the forum won't take the pixel dimensions. So these are the insets. Since they are formatted as virtual books, there is some shading applied overall to simulate light on the pages.

In any case, there are the openings of the sories for Year 1 and Year 2.

Opening-Year1.jpg
    794 x 1301 - 455K
    Opening-Year2.jpg
    795 x 1304 - 880K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    edited February 9

Following these are a couple of short fics. One is a *very* short piece entitled; 'The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time'. The second is 'An Introduction to Third Year' in which all of the teachers address what the class will be doing over the course of the year. It starts off with Charity Burbage, Professor of Muggle Studies.

Dog-Year3.jpg
    796 x 1303 - 774K
    Intro-Year3.jpg
    798 x 1305 - 603K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    edited February 9

Ending with the main fic of Year three; 'Severus Snape and the Cousins Black'

I had ended up with a blank page between this and the Intro to 3rd Year fic, so there is an additional portrait of the relevant cousins.

CousinsBlack.jpg
    795 x 1303 - 723K
    Opening-Year3.jpg
    795 x 1308 - 925K
    Post edited by JOdel on

JOdel said:

Ending with the main fic of Year three; 'Severus Snape and the Cousins Black'

I had ended up with a blank page between this and the Intro to 3rd Year fic, so there is an additional portrait of the relevant cousins.

I'm not seeing any images, except for the blank page, I guess. wink

edited February 9

Ah, the forum playing its tricks again. Leaving the last uploaded files in the comment creation area, even after the comment and the images have already posted. Makes it awkward to add images to one's next comment.

Doesn't do that when editing a posted comment, though. Something to remember, I suppose.

Post edited by JOdel on

JOdel said:

Ah, the forum playing its tricks again. Leaving the last uploaded files in the comment creation area, even after the comment and the images have already posted. Makes it awkward to add images to one's next comment.

Doesn't do that when editing a posted comment, though. Something to remember, I suppose.

All excellent, clear images that sound like they'll work perfectly for what they're being used for. I really, really like the style for the characters, especially Snape.

Great job on the characters' expressions, they really come to life.

The lighting effect to simulate light on a printed page also worked well. 

edited February 9

Very illustrative renders, @JOdel, well done! I especially like this one:)

Thank you! My copies of Studio are getting slower and slower to open a saved scene.  The family portrait took it over an hour to open.

These are not actual renders, btw. They are spot renders. Since these are personal copies, I didn't need full resolution for the finished product.

edited February 9

JOdel said:

Thank you! My copies of Studio are getting slower and slower to open a saved scene.  The family portrait took it over an hour to open.

Oh that sucks! No such problems with good old G1, even though I have thousands of morphs installed. Ten characters, fully equipped, open in a few minutes. (DS 4.20)

..just a conversion of the Mercury Coupe...

Think it's on the verge of being too low poly in the wrong places, and it didn't survive conversion to SubD, but suppose it's a keeper;)

Sven Dullah said:

..just a conversion of the Mercury Coupe...

Think it's on the verge of being too low poly in the wrong places, and it didn't survive conversion to SubD, but suppose it's a keeper;)

It looks like a keeper to me; I'm not sure if anyone *could* notice something only being on the verge of too low poly... I mean, by definition it's still *not* too low a poly count. Looks great, love the reflections and, as in many of your renders, there's a story happening in the background that creates extra interest. 

Sven Dullah said:

Another neat image! Despite the low lighitng in the room, the relief on the wall shows clearly, and the green reflections here and there look just right. I kinda like textured glass effect as well, nicely done!

And again, there's a story happening outside the room that creates interest.

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,013

@wsterdan, tks for commenting!

@Ethin, simply awesome, tks for making my day:D

Ethin said:

Bright, fun pict! I like the shadows, and the bright outside city contrasting with the sterile white of the inside of the building works very well. Is that the old Starfox character? 

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,013

Sven Dullah said:

@Ethin, simply awesome, tks for making my day:D

Thanks! Your welcome!