Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited December 1969

I think the additional discount was for a limited time (2 to 3 days). How long exactly, I have no idea to be honest.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

oh...shorter than I expected.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Same here, I was holding off on buying stuff to see what released were coming out for it, Daz really needs to out expiration on some of those offers at least so people will know a deadline.

The pose converter does the same thing as the one that was released today or are they both different?

edited June 2015

Essentially its the same thing however I believe ours is more refined based on feedback from testers who tested both. Also, ours offers a batch converter which is really a time saver. But I don't have 3DUniverses one to compare in all fairness. Probably is just as good. But buy what you feel does a better job and is of more value to you. Both products aim to deliver the same purpose:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited June 2015

Well I can report that the Batch Converter does a pretty great job. I converted all of my G2F poses to G3F over a period of about 4 hours. There were a LOT to do so that is actually a pretty good time. The poses work pretty well after conversion too. There are issues but they are like the issues you get when using any pose with a character with a different body shape than the one the pose is created on, even within the same generation.

The was one small glitch where the script stopped working. Luckily it didn't hang D|S and I could simply hit the X to close the window. There was no error of any kind in the log but I traced the problem to poses from a particular Rendo vendor having malformed .duf files. For some reason they have missing brackets at the end of the file so I guess that the script couldn't handle that. Anyway it seems not to be an error with the script itself.

One small suggestion: After restarting the script I wanted to just delete the already processed files from the list after adding the poses folder but it is only possible to delete one pose file from that list at a time as Multi-selection is not available. I ended up just copying the folders that I had left to a temporary location and processing that. It worked but multi-selection would be better if it is possible to implement.

Daz should give you guys a nice big bonus because that blue 15% off banner was the one thing which made me decide to get V7. So after buying her, the 2 Morph packs and the expressions I had to pass on buying Fit Control this month. On the bright side I am kind of excited about what great looking poses are possible with the new generation. I will likely be buying Fit Control G2 next month :)

Post edited by erostew on
    edited June 2015

Thanks for the support and feedback erostew:). We will look into how we can improve the script without breaking peoples existing conversions. I think I did ask if multi selection of individual files was possible but don't think it could be done. I will ask again to be sure.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Thanks for the support and feedback erostew:). We will look into how we can improve the script without breaking peoples existing conversions. I think I did ask if multi selection of individual files was possible but don't think it could be done. I will ask again to be sure.
    I figured it might be a limitation of the scripting framework but it never hurts to ask :)

I probably won't need to process such a large batch ever again anyway. Just thought it could be useful to others if they have the script stop part way through their batch for some reason.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,800
    edited December 1969

I'm probably going to be holding off on investing in the Gen 3 sets for a while, as I'll be using the G2s and G1s until there's a lot more variety in the texture offerings for the gen 7s. However, I did have a thought as to what would really be a great upgrade for future editions of Pose Builder: Rather than always having to muck with the content library, is it possible to launch PB from a dockable pane/tab that could be placed next to the conventional posing, puppeteer, powerpose tabs? I'm not sure how difficult that would be... perhaps there's actually a way to do it already that I'm simply not aware of... but in terms of workflow, I find it lot better ergonomically to keep all my posing functions on adjacent tabs in the same section of the screen,

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

I However, I did have a thought as to what would really be a great upgrade for future editions of Pose Builder: Rather than always having to muck with the content library, is it possible to launch PB from a dockable pane/tab that could be placed next to the conventional posing, puppeteer, powerpose tabs? I'm not sure how difficult that would be... perhaps there's actually a way to do it already that I'm simply not aware of... but in terms of workflow, I find it lot better ergonomically to keep all my posing functions on adjacent tabs in the same section of the screen,

Something like that is beyond the capabilities of DAZ Script.

• SiotradSiotrad Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I think the additional discount was for a limited time (2 to 3 days). How long exactly, I have no idea to be honest.

That was 3 days for me and ... not enought time, well not enought at this point of the month ;)
    Also bought the gen2 version 2 month ago so ... i will wait your aniversary or something like that ;)

edited December 1969

FWIW, I noiticed that I still had the blue 15% off banner on my page, so I just checked and the discount's applying for me. You might want to check again.

edited December 1969

I However, I did have a thought as to what would really be a great upgrade for future editions of Pose Builder: Rather than always having to muck with the content library, is it possible to launch PB from a dockable pane/tab that could be placed next to the conventional posing, puppeteer, powerpose tabs? I'm not sure how difficult that would be... perhaps there's actually a way to do it already that I'm simply not aware of... but in terms of workflow, I find it lot better ergonomically to keep all my posing functions on adjacent tabs in the same section of the screen,

Well, shucks... In that case, maybe someone will come up with a script launcher tab app. My current fallback is to copy the script to several different folders, which is what I've already done with Handy Dandy, but it's still a pain when you're trying to tweak multiple figures simultaneously.

edited December 1969

Well, shucks... In that case, maybe someone will come up with a script launcher tab app. My current fallback is to copy the script to several different folders, which is what I've already done with Handy Dandy, but it's still a pain when you're trying to tweak multiple figures simultaneously.

If it's just putting it to a place to launch from..

Right mouse click on the script icon and a list will show. select 'Create Custom Action'. After doing that you should now see a new menu item at top name Scripts (probably just before the Help menu)... Basically this will create a shortcut to the script in the drop down.

• chaoschaos Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I loaded and converted a batch of poses, got a message to apply the Zforearm Unlocker to Victoria 7 got an error message when I click on the Zforearm Unlocker, figured out that the Victoria 7 figure had to be loaded first and was able to use the converted poses.

Do you have to use the Zforearm Unlocker before you use each converted pose? Just when you first load V7? If I switch from one set of converted poses do I have to repeat the Zforearm Unlocker?

Sorry for the list of questions but I am still new to DS, yours is the first script I have knowingly ran and though I don't mind a bit of clicking around software to find and use features a short step by step would have made it easier. Put it down to an old mind, late at night and to early for coffee.

On the up side the conversion process went smoothly and I have new poses for the new model. Thanks!

edited December 1969

Chaos213 said:
    I loaded and converted a batch of poses, got a message to apply the Zforearm Unlocker to Victoria 7 got an error message when I click on the Zforearm Unlocker, figured out that the Victoria 7 figure had to be loaded first and was able to use the converted poses.

Do you have to use the Zforearm Unlocker before you use each converted pose? Just when you first load V7? If I switch from one set of converted poses do I have to repeat the Zforearm Unlocker?

Sorry for the list of questions but I am still new to DS, yours is the first script I have knowingly ran and though I don't mind a bit of clicking around software to find and use features a short step by step would have made it easier. Put it down to an old mind, late at night and to early for coffee.

On the up side the conversion process went smoothly and I have new poses for the new model. Thanks!

When testing different poses for this set, I found that some vendors used Side - Side on the Forearm, where Genesis 3 ships with that control locked. So for accuracy of the pose conversion that control may need to be unlocked before applying the pose.

edited December 1969

Chaos213 said:

When testing different poses for this set, I found that some vendors used Side - Side on the Forearm, where Genesis 3 ships with that control locked. So for accuracy of the pose conversion that control may need to be unlocked before applying the pose.I was kind of wondering about that myself. So I guess that the Zforearm Unlocker only needs to be used if the pose looks wonky in the arm positioning. I right-clicked the icon and made it a Custom Action so it is easy to find when needed.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Do you have to use the Zforearm Unlocker before you use each converted pose? Just when you first load V7

As far as I can tell you only need to use it once on the figure per scene. In other words the first time you are going to use a converted pose use the unblocker and the information is retained.

• chaoschaos Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Thank you one and all for the prompt responses. Of course now I have to figure out how to make something a custom action. I will add it to the list of things to learn. I have only used the content library for locating poser stuff or models not found in the smart content but finding new ways and new tricks is half the fun of this so it will come.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

That is super easy. Have the icon selected for what ever you want to make a custom action and then right click. Go to the very bottom of the list that pops up and select custom action. It will then be in your script drop down at the top.

edited December 1969

Chaos213 said:
    Thank you one and all for the prompt responses. Of course now I have to figure out how to make something a custom action. I will add it to the list of things to learn. I have only used the content library for locating poser stuff or models not found in the smart content but finding new ways and new tricks is half the fun of this so it will come.
    Making a custom action is possible for almost anything in D|S but sadly only in the Content Library and not via Smart Content. Just right click the icon for the Script, Actor, Prop or whatever and you will see "Create Custom Action" at the bottom of the pop-up menu. Click that and you will now have a menu item inside the "Scripts" menu of the main Toolbar. If the Scripts menu does not exist it will be created automatically.

It's pretty useful and you can always right-click in Smart Content and select "Show in Content Library" as a shortcut so you don't have to navigate through all the folders of the Content Library. I have menu items for V6, V7, a custom AoA Advanced light preset, several scripts, etc.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Got it haven't had a chance to use it yet, kurt curious does this convert the male morphs too?

edited June 2015

Yes it does. Both Genesis 2 Female and Male pose sets.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Will "Pose Builders" have "partial poses reset" like the following product?

http://spyrorue.deviantart.com/art/G3F-Reset-Poses-542828220

edited December 1969

Will "Pose Builders" have "partial poses reset" like the following product?

http://spyrorue.deviantart.com/art/G3F-Reset-Poses-542828220

And much, much more!

Here is a screen shot of the tab (Misc) with all the 'zero' (or reset) buttons.

ResetPartialPoses.JPG
    627 x 738 - 61K
  • Kat_KatKat_Kat Posts: 169
    edited June 2015

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but even after conversion, "Aim and Shoot" for Vic 6 and Olympia, both only fire back errors when trying to apply them to Vic7/G3. Both trying to apply them as G2 poses or as a converted with the convert tool. Other G2 poses work with some discrepancies on G3 even without converting, but those pose sets do not work at all pre or post converting.

Post edited by Kat_Kat on
    edited June 2015

talas said:
    Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but even after conversion, "Aim and Shoot" for Vic 6 and Olympia, both only fire back errors when trying to apply them to Vic7/G3. Both trying to apply them as G2 poses or as a converted with the convert tool. Other G2 poses work with some discrepancies on G3 even without converting, but those pose sets do not work at all pre or post converting.

I don't have that pose set... But if your getting an error trying to apply the pose before conversion, then I'm assuming the error is still there after the conversion. I'm seeing that pose set on sale right now, and will purchase it and see if I can find the issue later today.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • Kat_KatKat_Kat Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

talas said:

I don't have that pose set... But if your getting an error trying to apply the pose before conversion, then I'm assuming the error is still there after the conversion. I'm seeing that pose set on sale right now, and will purchase it and see if I can find the issue later today.

Thank you. I did not expect that :). This is why I love this place. It works correctly on the G2 figure, with or without the bow, I did check that first.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    edited December 1969

I need some advice on the Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter. I've generally had good luck so far, but I ran into problems with the FeralFey Concert Crowd Poses. When the converted expressions are applied to G3, they don’t look anything like the originals. the face barely moves at all. In some of the body poses, the arms and hands seem offset and misrotated quite a bit. Here are examples using body pose 12 Lovesick Fan and expression 01 Screaming Excitement. I did apply the Z unlock before applying the pose to G3. It didn't seem to make any difference whether I selected limits on or off. Can the conversions be improved? If not, how can I best adjust problems like this?

The images are G2 Female in pink and G3 Female in blue.

Concert_Crowd_Pose_Front.jpg
    1438 x 1845 - 550K
    Concert_Crowd_Pose_Right_Front.jpg
    1432 x 1841 - 653K
    edited June 2015

We don't know if the poses can be improved. What we found is when we refined the script then it would work perfect for some poses, then break in others. So it's a very difficult balancing act. The rigging is just too different in some cases. With regards to expressions, technically they are not supposed to carry over because of Genesis3's has different facial rigging and is probably very hard to emulate. Don't think this can be easily rectified. Our focus wasn't really on getting expressions across, but mainly the poses.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    We don't know if the poses can be improved. What we found is when we refined the script then it would work perfect for some poses, then break in others. So it's a very difficult balancing act. The rigging is just too different in some cases. With regards to expressions, technically they are not supposed to carry over because of Genesis3's has different facial rigging and is probably very hard to emulate. Don't think this can be easily rectified. Our focus wasn't really on getting expressions across, but mainly the poses.
    The lack of expression pose conversion is a disappointment, in light of the product page statement "With this batch script you can now convert all of your Genesis 2 Poses to Genesis 3. With just a few clicks, your Genesis3 figure will be in posing heaven." (emphasis mine) Perhaps you should add a caveat to that statement to exclude expression poses to avoid customer confusion and disappointment. It's still a very good product, but "posing heaven" is also a bit of an oversell, don't you think, in light of the adjustments that are sometimes necessary?