Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited October 2015

It does not work in 4.7. It clearly states: Compatible Software: DAZ Studio 4.8, 4.8 being the minimum requirement.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks, Zev0, for the response,

but V4 pose Converter doesn't say "minimum requirement." It says "compatible."

23183 Puppeteer also says 4.8 compatible, and it works fine in 4.7.

More to the point, though, Fit Control say "4.8 compatible,' while the readme PDF for that product clearly states that it is compatible with 4.7.

Nothing to stop you from being more explicit in your Promo info. It could save a good customer some hassle. Could save you a good customer, too.

I'll take it up with Daz.

edited October 2015

It all depends on the scripting features. Some features work in 4.7 or 4.6 and some only in 4.8. I do not have 4.7 so I cannot say compatible with 4.7 if I have not tested it unless I know for sure the script is compatible with a previous version of Studio. So I cannot be more explicit. I submit the products compatibility with the version of Studio it was created in. That way I know it works for sure, and that it is the version that is required. If something works in a previous version then great, but it is not an expectation unless specifically mentioned.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks, again, Zev0,

Zev0 said:

I do not have 4.7 so I cannot say compatible with 4.7 if I have not tested it unless I know for sure the script is compatible with a previous version of Studio.

As I mentioned in my post, your 4.8 "compatible, aka required" Fit Control says in your pdf readme that that product IS compatible with 4.7. How that was determined is an interesting question, since you don't have 4.7.

In any event, I opted for the return, but, prior to deleting V4 Converter from my harddrive, I decided to do a temp install of 4.8, to see.

Same error msg in 4.8.

I deleted the Converter, and will stay clear of script products unless & until I decide to switch to 4.8 for sure.

Perhaps, at that point, I'll be able to ask my question about what could cause the resource files to not load?

edited October 2015

Because the person who wrote parts of the script for Fit Control confirmed it works in 4.7, therefore I did not have to test it myself. And you shouldn't be getting error messages in 4.8 unless there is something really messed up with the pose set or the product wasn't installed properly. You could have posted the error message in the log and we could've seen what was going on.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I have many .DUF poses, bit everytime I use the Pose Builder, he doesn't recognizes the .duf poses, I can't select any of these files.

Is there anything I'm doing worng? Or is there any problems here...

Thanks and sorry if it is a noob mistake :P

Can you send a screenshot?

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Any chance of a pose converter to convert Genesis 1 to Genesis 3?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959

heeehhhhe there is you just go from Genesis1 to Genesis2 and then to Genesis3 ........ oh wait my bad you want a straight shot .......oh Zev0

edited November 2015

Hi. I think we skipped Genesis1 regarding Pose Converter support. I know we had a reason. Will have to go back to our notes to see what that reason was.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ah, the reason we didn't include Genesis 1 was due to the limited amount of pose sets that were available, compared to V4 and M4. So it didn't make sense spending all that time including support.

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,347
    Zev0 said:

Ah, the reason we didn't include Genesis 1 was due to the limited amount of pose sets that were available, compared to V4 and M4. So it didn't make sense spending all that time including support.

Add to this that poses for G1 work very similar for G2, probably converting with g2 to g3 script works for G1 poses.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462

Forgive me if this was already asked, but... I didn't get a real answer on the threads for Studio 4.9.  I'm wondering how products like Pose Builder are going to function with the new content library, or rather... lack of content library.  I use Pose Builder frequently, but I am a huge supporter of this new Smart Content initiative.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,845

Now that we have G3M, does Pose Converter work out of the box as-is on G2M-to-G3M pose conversion, or will it need an update/expansion? The product page information is general enough that it looks like it should work, but I wanted to be sure.

•  

Forgive me if this was already asked, but... I didn't get a real answer on the threads for Studio 4.9.  I'm wondering how products like Pose Builder are going to function with the new content library, or rather... lack of content library.  I use Pose Builder frequently, but I am a huge supporter of this new Smart Content initiative.

As of right now it will not work with encrypted .duf files. I will be working on that in the near future.

As of right now it will not work with encrypted .duf files. I will be working on that in the near future.

I'm not so much concerned with encrypted as with the selection process.  Since we no longer have Content Library style entries and everything is accessed through Smart Content, how are we going to pick the parts to build the pose? That is what most concerns me.

•  

I'm not so much concerned with encrypted as with the selection process.  Since we no longer have Content Library style entries and everything is accessed through Smart Content, how are we going to pick the parts to build the pose? That is what most concerns me.

You would pick them the same way as you do now... The actual files are still located in the same place on you drives.

Were currently, if the .duf file is encrypted I will not be able to open it to check to see if it is a pose preset, so the script will come back and tell you that it is not a pose preset file... Let alone process the pose settings.

You would pick them the same way as you do now... The actual files are still located in the same place on you drives.

Were currently, if the .duf file is encrypted I will not be able to open it to check to see if it is a pose preset, so the script will come back and tell you that it is not a pose preset file... Let alone process the pose settings.

Pardon me, but they are not if you install via Connect. The Content Library structure is gone... everything is accessed via Smart Content.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited November 2015

I have 4.9 beta installed, and I still have Content Library and all of my .duf files still in their folders... They haven't gone away.

Granted I'm not up on installing via Connect... Haven't done that yet.

Capture.JPG
    1102 x 899 - 162K
    Capture2.JPG
    1707 x 959 - 199K
    Post edited by DraagonStorm on

I uninstalled virtually everything and reinstalled via Connect.  Its a huge switch.

• As you can see in my screen shot, I have the tab Content Library selected.

If you do not see a Content Library tab in your UI, then select Window->Panes(Tabs)->Content Library

Navigate to a pose folder of your choice, and then right mouse click and select Browse to folder location.

You should see the .duf files there...(or if they are encrypted .enc files... Which Pose Builder does not handle yet)

No, that's not it.  I'm not new :) I have a handle on my content. All my Connect content is installed in My Library and as you can see, no standard tree structure, no files... 

contentLibrary.JPG
    277 x 194 - 14K
  • Try this... Go to the Content Directory Manager and see what the path is set for Daz Connect Data

This is what mine is set for.

Capture3.JPG
    473 x 463 - 32K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,204

Pardon me, but they are not if you install via Connect. The Content Library structure is gone... everything is accessed via Smart Content.

Files installed via Connect won't show up in the Content Library pane, at least in the current version of DS 4.9. They're supposedly working on that for people  who don't want to use Smart Content or Categories.

The files are still on your hard drive when installed via Connect, simply in a different place: there's a new sub-directory in your first DS content directory (I don't remember its name), and in it there's a directory per product with the corresponding content files in it.

Leana said:

Files installed via Connect won't show up in the Content Library pane, at least in the current version of DS 4.9. They're supposedly working on that for people  who don't want to use Smart Content or Categories.

The files are still on your hard drive when installed via Connect, simply in a different place: there's a new sub-directory in your first DS content directory (I don't remember its name), and in it there's a directory per product with the corresponding content files in it.

I am aware, but the new directory structure is not user friendly for navigation and that is my point.

• konkon Posts: 389

I must be missing something i went to convert to .duf and selected a folder and nothing happend.

• kon said:

I must be missing something i went to convert to .duf and selected a folder and nothing happend.

Which product? What steps? More info please?

kon said:

Which product? What steps? More info please?

I have g, g2f,& gfm pose builder. I go to convert pose to .duf select folders.

Can you please post the steps you are doing from the start, right up to the point you are experiencing issues. It is very hard to try and solve an issue if we have no starting refference. Thanks.

i select the folder but it doesnt convert anything.

Screenshot (2).png
    1920 x 1080 - 343K
    Screenshot (3).png
    1920 x 1080 - 342K