Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I need some advice on the Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter. I've generally had good luck so far, but I ran into problems with the FeralFey Concert Crowd Poses. When the converted expressions are applied to G3, they don’t look anything like the originals. the face barely moves at all. In some of the body poses, the arms and hands seem offset and misrotated quite a bit. Here are examples using body pose 12 Lovesick Fan and expression 01 Screaming Excitement. I did apply the Z unlock before applying the pose to G3. It didn't seem to make any difference whether I selected limits on or off. Can the conversions be improved? If not, how can I best adjust problems like this?

The images are G2 Female in pink and G3 Female in blue.

I can recommend the Genesis 3 Female Expressions as a good starting point. You can dial up an expression like that pretty quickly and in fact it will probably look better. As far as the hands/arms... Did you use the ZForearm Unlocker script before applying the pose?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    edited June 2015

erostew said:
    barbult said:
    I need some advice on the Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter. I've generally had good luck so far, but I ran into problems with the FeralFey Concert Crowd Poses. When the converted expressions are applied to G3, they don’t look anything like the originals. the face barely moves at all. In some of the body poses, the arms and hands seem offset and misrotated quite a bit. Here are examples using body pose 12 Lovesick Fan and expression 01 Screaming Excitement. I did apply the Z unlock before applying the pose to G3. It didn't seem to make any difference whether I selected limits on or off. Can the conversions be improved? If not, how can I best adjust problems like this?

The images are G2 Female in pink and G3 Female in blue.

I can recommend the Genesis 3 Female Expressions as a good starting point. You can dial up an expression like that pretty quickly and in fact it will probably look better. As far as the hands/arms... Did you use the ZForearm Unlocker script before applying the pose?Yes, I did apply the ZForearm Unlocker ( mentioned that in my post :) calling it "Z unlock") Thanks for the G3 expression product recommendation. I haven't purchased it yet, but I guess I will need to.
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    The lack of expression pose conversion is a disappointment, in light of the product page statement "With this batch script you can now convert all of your Genesis 2 Poses to Genesis 3. With just a few clicks, your Genesis3 figure will be in posing heaven." (emphasis mine) Perhaps you should add a caveat to that statement to exclude expression poses to avoid customer confusion and disappointment. It's still a very good product, but "posing heaven" is also a bit of an oversell, don't you think, in light of the adjustments that are sometimes necessary?
    Some pose sets may include expressions but that is more of a convenience thing than because they are actually the same thing. Also I might point out that it is explicitly stated that adjustment may be needed in the description/images.
    edited December 1969

erostew said:
    barbult said:
    The lack of expression pose conversion is a disappointment, in light of the product page statement "With this batch script you can now convert all of your Genesis 2 Poses to Genesis 3. With just a few clicks, your Genesis3 figure will be in posing heaven." (emphasis mine) Perhaps you should add a caveat to that statement to exclude expression poses to avoid customer confusion and disappointment. It's still a very good product, but "posing heaven" is also a bit of an oversell, don't you think, in light of the adjustments that are sometimes necessary?
    Some pose sets may include expressions but that is more of a convenience thing than because they are actually the same thing. Also I might point out that it is explicitly stated that adjustment may be needed in the description/images.Oh, yes, I saw the statements about adjustments being required. I did not expect perfection. I was hoping for some suggestions for how to correct the example I posted. There are so many bones now, I kind of didn't know where to begin.
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited June 2015

Don't adjust the figures pose via the bones, some of them are not meant to be touched. Instead, just click on the body parts and adjust. In your example you would start by clicking on the shoulder and rotate\bend that. Then move down to the forearms, and maybe make minor adjustments to the hand bending as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the extra savings extension.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

After all my poses are converted, are they supposed to be in my library somewhere? I have a converted folder full of poses under /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Converted/Poses.

However, nothing appears under Poses is DS when V7 is selected. I hit Rescan known folders for content, but it came up dry.

• ronkesronkes Posts: 28
    edited July 2015

erostew said:
    Some pose sets may include expressions but that is more of a convenience thing than because they are actually the same thing. Also I might point out that it is explicitly stated that adjustment may be needed in the description/images.[/quote

I would say its more than a adjustment. They just don't work.

Post edited by ronkes on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited July 2015

ryemac3 said:
    After all my poses are converted, are they supposed to be in my library somewhere? I have a converted folder full of poses under /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Converted/Poses.

However, nothing appears under Poses is DS when V7 is selected. I hit Rescan known folders for content, but it came up dry.

The converted poses will not be in Smart Content. Which is what it sounds like your looking at.

You should find the converted poses in the Content Library tab (If you selected/created a folder that is mapped as DAZ content. From the Path you have above.. Look for My DAZ3D Library->Converted -> Poses

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:

The converted poses will not be in Smart Content. Which is what it sounds like your looking at.

You should find the converted poses in the Content Library tab (If you selected/created a folder that is mapped as DAZ content. From the Path you have above.. Look for My DAZ3D Library->Converted -> Poses

Ah, sweet. Thanks. I guess this is what people were talking about with metadata not being copied over. I always forget about the Content folder as I usually spend pretty much 100% of my time in smart content.

edited July 2015

Hi Guys. If you want even more accurate hands, we discovered that the G1 to G2 hand preset from Handy Dandy (for Genesis2) works really well on the converted poses for Genesis3. . So thank you Slosh:)

Capture.JPG
    1107 x 141 - 147K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,611
    edited July 2015

Zev0 said:
    Hi Guys. If you want even more accurate hands, we discovered that the G1 to G2 hand preset from Handy Dandy (for Genesis2) works really well on the converted poses. . So thank you Slosh:)

Yes sometimes the fingers get a little too bent, depending on the pose.
    Handy Dandy did a nice job of changing hand and fingers bends to look more natural.

Post edited by Lyoness on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hi Guys. If you want even more accurate hands, we discovered that the G1 to G2 hand preset from Handy Dandy (for Genesis2) works really well on the converted poses for Genesis3. . So thank you Slosh:)
    Tried this and it does indeed seem to work well for those times when the fingers are arched too much.
    edited July 2015

[strike]I've run into another problem with the Pose Converter. I tried to convert a foot pose that adjusted the toes (!FlipFlopPose from Karth's Flip Flops for G2F). The converted pose did nothing to G3F. I suppose it is because the G3F toe bones are different??? [/strike]

Edit: Hmmm... All of a sudden this converted pose started working for me. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, but I assume I made some error. So good! I'll try some more foot pose conversions.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Do you have a link to the product? All poses should transfer over. Unless that pose preset was saved in some other way.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Do you have a link to the product? All poses should transfer over. Unless that pose preset was saved in some other way.
    Thanks for the quick reply - so quick, I didn't see it before I edited my post above! The product is Flip Flops. But see above; I got it working. I must have done something wrong when I tried it the first few times. I was applying it after applying another pose first. I don't know if that had an impact or not. After zeroing the G3F pose and applying it, it worked fine. I'm happy to know that foot poses are expected to work. Thanks.
    edited December 1969

Cool. :lol:

• Hi Zev0 man i bought your pose converter but now  iam thinking about purchasing your pose builder. since i am having a hard time converting the genesis 2 poses coverted into the file it keeps asking me to first unlock z forearm on genesis constantly even though i click it to confirm. and nothing seems to happen, what would your word of advice be, to help correct my situation? iam reallly in a pickle any advice would sure help.

• sorry but i also forgot to importantly include i am using the genesis 2 converter to genesis 3, if you might have alittle lost what i was asking man  sorry about any confusion.

edited August 2015

The Z formarm unlocker is a preset under Scripts\Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter Folder. You apply that to Genesis 3 before using a converted pose. Basically after a conversion, you apply the Z unlocker to Genesis 3 before using the poses. Your poses have already been converted by this stage. In most cases the unlocker isn't really required but makes a difference on poses that have the forearm rotated beyond limits. So, do your conversions, then apply the unlocker, then use the poses. Hope that clarifies the process:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • alright so i just click converions first then click the unlocker.

• i was  wondering about that ?

• i thought it might to have been a specific file i wasn't clicking or something strange  like that?

Once your pose conversion is done, you close the script, you select G3, go back to the scripts folder, click on the Z unlocker icon and then it applies, then you use the converted poses.

• thanks it just kept asking me to first unlock the genesis 3 even though i did all that, i thought  maybe  I was maybe missing something or wasn't doing the whole process totally wrong.

edited August 2015

Oh it will always ask that, even if its already applied. It's more of a reminder. The unlocker has no impact on the conversion process. It only applies when you want to use poses.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • i figured it was finally doing something cause i saw all the data loading up from the previous genesis 2 files than a guess that reminder poped up? once i coverted the files. so it's pretty much saved  i probably can't forget to hit unlock conversion when  or before i apply the poses to genesis 3 i guess huh

• anyway thanks for the great advice i was sort of mind bloggled for an hour? on what to do .

• I just couldn't help but ask you know draagonStorm the person your also vending with also has a pose coverter, for around the same price as your pose bundle, is that product also the same as well. i been having the hardest time trying to convert genesis 2 walking animation to genesis 3. i noticed there's not alot more out there?   only for genesis 2 

• anyway I am absolutely going to purchase your pose builder for genesis 3.