Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049

I just couldn't help but ask you know draagonStorm the person your also vending with also has a pose coverter, for around the same price as your pose bundle, is that product also the same as well. i been having the hardest time trying to convert genesis 2 walking animation to genesis 3. i noticed there's not alot more out there?   only for genesis 2 

Some pose converters she released on her own after the partnership products. The ones where it's a partnership are not the same product as her solo releases. EG they are for different figures. Also for animation conversions she released this http://www.daz3d.com/animation-conversion-genesis-2-to-genesis-3

anyway I am absolutely going to purchase your pose builder for genesis 3.

Thanks for the support:) Pose Builder is one of my favourite tools to use:)

• Truly thanks keep up the good work man.

• The converted poses will not be in Smart Content. Which is what it sounds like your looking at.

You should find the converted poses in the Content Library tab (If you selected/created a folder that is mapped as DAZ content. From the Path you have above.. Look for My DAZ3D Library->Converted -> Poses

Is there any way to get them there? I tried adding them to categories, but they don't show up in smart content when Genesis 3 is selected.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited August 2015
    DrHemulen said:

The converted poses will not be in Smart Content. Which is what it sounds like your looking at.

You should find the converted poses in the Content Library tab (If you selected/created a folder that is mapped as DAZ content. From the Path you have above.. Look for My DAZ3D Library->Converted -> Poses

Is there any way to get them there? I tried adding them to categories, but they don't show up in smart content when Genesis 3 is selected.

This is from a couple of years ago, but may still be valid: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20018/metadata-tutorial-adding-new-items-to-your-smart-content

And I found this one that is specifically for Poses: http://www.3ddsaddict.com/blog/603-creating-metadata-poses/

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • xzeldaxzelda Posts: 1

can some one turn this into a daz3d tutorial i have Dyslexia plase make a video tutorial. place make this site more for people that have Dyslexia.

• Thanks DraagonStorm, that cleared it up. I assumed the info would be contained in the .duf files. 

• HI DraagonStorm i am trying to figure out out, the animation conversation from g2 to g3 i have both g2 and g3 on screen i was following your instructions to zero g3 and try and burn g2 do the animation. except i cant seem to find script to where i would find copy over and adjust to start. all i can see on my display is animation conversion icon and nothing else seems to pop up.

• i guess iam kind of new to figuring out stuff ?

• First you would load Genesis 2 and setup what ever animation you are going to want to convert. If you are using an animation from Animate, that's when you need to 'burn' the animation to the DAZ Studio timeline. After you have Genesis 2 ready with an animation in the timeline. Then load Genesis 3 (This should load in the zero pose). Then you would open the Animation Conversion G2 to G3 script and basically all you need to is press the button that says "Copy Over and Adjust the Animation"

•  great seems to work, so i would have to use this everytime i want to convert simulations in different scenery with g2 to g3. 

awesome I thought because i just wasn't thinking straight that I had to first download g2 and use the simulation once it was recorded on the animate bar. than I would load g3 still in it's orginal state, than press copy over adjust animation.  thanks a bunch 

so as long as g2 animations are adapted properly g3 will pick up the simulation. 

• I think the hardest problem was i didn't load g2 first than g3 second, thats where i went wrong when nothing poped up .

• but i had to think hard about what your instructions were and i resolved the situaton thank you .

• I'll absolutely continue to purchase more of your products when i can for sure.

•  hi DraagonStorm, i was wondering more about the animation converter and I had some difficulties trying to operate victoria 7 and other genesis 3 figures. the screen claims that figures as victoria 7 karen 7 etc and other names under genesis 3 the animation seems to get lost or cannot indenitfy the figures with the number 7 even though they are stilll g3, only the others without 7 seem to work  maybe I am somehow doing something wrong

please if can get back to me on that .

• whenever i operate the 7 figures in g3 the screen claims that i haven't loaded a genesis 3 character base and continues to ask me to do so ? i guess  i am sort of lost

• opps sorry figured it out all i had to do was once i applied a normal genesis 3 figure on screen i applied the other 7 genesis and selected apply figure to genesis, and it replaced the movents with that character to the 7.

• HI,

I am trying to convert some poses. It get stuck on a pose for hours, when I close the script, I get the follow message on the log:

Loading script: E:/Users/marcelo/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 1134
    WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'TempString[ 1 ]' [undefined] is not an object.
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@E:/Users/marcelo/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse:1134

Error in script execution: E:/Users/marcelo/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse

The poses I am trying to convert is Z_Sin_Will_Find_You

• HI,

I am trying to convert some poses. It get stuck on a pose for hours, when I close the script, I get the follow message on the log:

Loading script: E:/Users/marcelo/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 1134
    WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'TempString[ 1 ]' [undefined] is not an object.
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@E:/Users/marcelo/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse:1134

Error in script execution: E:/Users/marcelo/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter/Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter.dse

The poses I am trying to convert is Z_Sin_Will_Find_You

It is definitly something with that pose set, as the error is coming from when the script is reading in/processing the originating pose file. I don't own that set but could purchase it to test.

When it get's stuck, what pose is it processing... The name should be in the process box on the bottom

• I purchased that product, and it is the way the vendor has formated the .duf file..

Where I look for this structure, to read in values:

{
                    "url" : "name://@selection/lBigToe:?translation/x/value",
                    "keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
                },

Their file is structured like this:

{
                    "url": "name://@selection/lBigToe:?translation/x/value",
                    "keys": [
                        [
                        ]
                    ]
                },

Those carriage returns that you see messes up the script being able to read in the file, and parse out the needed information. The first example is how DAZ Studio creates the .duf files, I don't know what the vendor used to create their .duf files.

• that helps alot. I can create a script that will reformat all files.

Thank you!

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

have just bought the product and it seems that is really usefull, have just one question. The opening path starts allways with documents "my Library", can that be changed to the path were every pose normaly is?

Users/public/documents/my daz 3d library/people/genesis 3 female/poses

edited September 2015

Yes, you can set it to save anywhere. I always put mine in Genesis 3 Female/poses/Converted so all converted sets aren't mixed up with standard ones.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • AeonmoonAeonmoon Posts: 53
    edited October 2015

Cosmo71,

Also, you can make shortcuts to folders you want to access quickly and paste them where your opening path is.

Post edited by Aeonmoon on
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

Hi! :) Regarding Pose Builder, I'm using a laptop with a small screen - is there any way to resize the pop-up window so I can see the bottom of it? :p (Or create a scroll bar?) 

Thank you in advance! :)

• Saiyaness said:

Hi! :) Regarding Pose Builder, I'm using a laptop with a small screen - is there any way to resize the pop-up window so I can see the bottom of it? :p (Or create a scroll bar?) 

As far as I know, there is no ability to have scroll bars for windows with Daz Script. And I have looked for it :) And there is no 'resize' availble where the text and controls resize, and the window will not get any smaller then what it needs to show.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    Saiyaness said:

As far as I know, there is no ability to have scroll bars for windows with Daz Script. And I have looked for it :) And there is no 'resize' availble where the text and controls resize, and the window will not get any smaller then what it needs to show.

Bugger! :p I can Tab key to Process so that's cool. I just checked the product promos and I had thought that under the Adjustments tab there were options for arm parts, etc, but there aren't, so yay! I don't need to get to them. XD 

Thank you :)

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

I'm getting this error msg on every pose, three times if G2F and twice if G1 is the target. I've tried many poses from a number of different venders, mostly purchased from Daz3D, and a few from quality Rendo venders.

Every pose generates these errors, every time, no exceptions.

The log file is saying that the Resource files aren't loading, or rather can't load. As you can see from the hands, here, that resource at least is not getting applied.

As the resource files aren't getting loaded, every pose is way off, hands, feet, or other rotation.

As you see. I'm running the script in 4.7. It loads correctly, accepts input and output folder info, does it's thing but hangs every time on loading the Resource files.

I did check the promo page, which says that this script is 4.8 "compatible," but nothing about it being "required," so I'm assuming that 4.7 is "compatible" as well.

To the venders: What's happening here?

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Sorry. The screenshot seems to have got lost on the first post.

44.jpg
    1438 x 842 - 173K