More Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR III)

Comments

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited January 2022

After spent days exploring Blender + Lighting Boy Shader , I finally revisit my JS Style Preset to (try) get decent Non Flat Anime Render 

Here Direct render from DAZ Studio + PwToon and my preset . Bring into Photshop to Crop and give it Texts

Sakura Stylized

SakuraStylized.jpg
    1857 x 1208 - 826K
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
    edited January 2022

Test Iridescence

This time experiment to check if I can get iridescence ike FX using pwToon and also how they will react in semi transparent material . 

I know hair`s pose seem so wrong LOL , but please just obeserve the FX  :) .

DIrect render from DAZ +pwToon + JS FLAT+ gesoshell .  Except  the eyes , which I replace in Photoshop because so hard to get it right when using toon render . Plus both of X in checst area to avoid Nudity flag

Test01B.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 799K
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Hello, is there a recommended maximum resolution for posted images on the DAZ Forums?  Thank you.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,273

FirePro9 said:

Hello, is there a recommended maximum resolution for posted images on the DAZ Forums?  Thank you.

The resolution of the actual image isn't important, but when you're posting the image on the forums, you should set the horizontal resolution to 800 or less.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited January 2022

@juvesatriani,

This is good! I like the color warm red-brown tones. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

PS. My Chinese isn't as good as it was. What does the Chinese character mean?

juvesatriani said:

After spent days exploring Blender + Lighting Boy Shader , I finally revisit my JS Style Preset to (try) get decent Non Flat Anime Render 

Here Direct render from DAZ Studio + PwToon and my preset . Bring into Photshop to Crop and give it Texts

Sakura Stylized

Post edited by csaa on
  • Beautiful work! 

juvesatriani said:

Sakura Stylized

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534

Didn't realize the old thread was closed

Days of Future's Past Spiderman Noir

Day's of Future's Past and Spider-Man Noir

• BAtman Who laughed

Another Fan art render and post using Blender EEVEE ( Multipass technique ) and bunch of brush +filter stack in Photoshop

edited January 2022

TransformerMegatron pwToon

It seem I can get pwtoon working with multiple lights as color aid . That would be make my life easier than recolor each element in Photoshop . This is straight render from DAZ studio + pwToon without postwork . The model is Transformer/Megatron Freebie from Devianart . I will sharing scene file after I Know how to do it without breaking creator EULA . Because there are lots modification in shading smooth + geoshell and render setting to make this image

Sentinel AB.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • FP_b647bf2daeFP_b647bf2dae Posts: 38
    edited January 2022

I am experimenting with some automatic post-processing workflow for IRAY images to get a "digitally painted" look. If you are interested, let me know, I'll describe it, but I am still refining the process.

Post edited by FP_b647bf2dae on
  • FP_b647bf2dae said:

I am experimenting with some automatic post-processing workflow for IRAY images to get a "digitally painted" look. If you are interested, let me know, I'll describe it, but I am still refining the process.

I believe NPR people always welcome to new procresing techniques or ideas . Would be awesone if you share yours . Thanks 

• FP_b647bf2daeFP_b647bf2dae Posts: 38
    edited January 2022

Post edited by FP_b647bf2dae on

Jolt of Realization | Daz assets and set up | Blender cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

• XxGreyxXXxGreyxX Posts: 14
    edited January 2022

My experiments with my latest character. Shaders are Visual Style and post work was done in photoshop.

Bunny Warrior-02.jpg
    2560 x 2560 - 971K
    Bunny Warrior-03.jpg
    1200 x 1793 - 492K
    Post edited by XxGreyxX on

@XxGreyxX,

Those are wonderful renders you have there. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

XxGreyxX said:

My experiments with my latest character. Shaders are Visual Style and post work was done in photoshop.

edited February 2022

A follow up to my earlier post. It's the same scene but with colored shaders put in place and the cameras set at different angles. I don't know if this qualifies as a noir style, but I consciously aimed for the low-key hues and for stark lighting.

The story behind this (if ever there was one) is quite simple: Sgts. Andrea and Inez are cops working together to sleuth out any clue about a pressing crime. It's just an "Aha" moment when it dawns on them that their findings come with grim implications.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers!

Sgts. Inez and Andrea | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • dsum55dsum55 Posts: 23

juvesatriani said:

Testing new pwToon preset and check how easy to get look i wanted in Photoshop

What new PWtoon Preset is this? is it in the original PwToon shader kit?

• My latest. Daz render with Photoshop filters and Filterforge Filters.

Koi Male in a Jar.jpg
    3000 x 2400 - 1M
    edited February 2022

LoreMistress Izaria said:

My latest. Daz render with Photoshop filters and Filterforge Filters.

LoreMistress Izaria,

Nice! I'm always drawn to strong, warm colors. To me it looks like a subtle mix of 3D render and hand-brush work.

A few observations. The metalic texture on the jar looks strongly 3D while the rest of the scene has that brush-like appearance. Also my mind tells me the candle should contribute a halo of light to the scene and cast some shadows. All of these may be just minor details though.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Post edited by csaa on
  • dsum55 said:

juvesatriani said:

Testing new pwToon preset and check how easy to get look i wanted in Photoshop

What new PWtoon Preset is this? is it in the original PwToon shader kit?

Check this Preset Freebie in here   and here  . Please check the user guide so you can understand the basic idea of it and to experiment if needed . NOTE : those preset need you have pwToon ( which sadly not in DAZ store anymore) . 

Have fun

A work in progress ... a couple of renders I drew together to form a short sequence of hand-to-hand combat.

Cheers!

Sgt. Inez: Mano a Mano | Daz assets and setup | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

• edited February 2022

Is there any way to still obtain PWToon somewhere?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,273

marcus.laanen said:

Is there any way to still obtain PWToon somewhere?

If not, you might consider Visual Style Shaders, which can give you similar looks, and personally I find it easier to use.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Its taken some time, but I've finally gotten to where I can crank out nice character designs with G8, at the rate I can with G1.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited February 2022

Thanks for sharing your artwork. Lots of cool techniques and styles found in this thread. This is a GIF piece I did late last year but I don't think I posted it.

Timeline 1.gif
    320 x 200 - 531K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,907

tkdrobert said:

Didn't realize the old thread was closed

Days of Future's Past Spiderman Noir

Day's of Future's Past and Spider-Man Noir

Very nice - great look.

• dsum55dsum55 Posts: 23

juvesatriani said:

JS Flat Test Render

Test render for my upcoming pwToon Freebie . Hope I can finish the guide tommorow so you can play with it

I have just downloaded your pwToon shader presets struglling alittle on the multipass not really getting goood results I am just learning still. One question, how do you get the flat backgrounds in these picture. I only get transparent backgrounds in 3delight. is it just a matter of puttig a dome on and changing the colour? is it just a basic background flat colour image, or a light preset? sorry im very very new to 3delight and toon style renders. You guys all seem very knowledable in your renders and just readig through this forum. I have learnt heaps

• dsum55 said:

juvesatriani said:

JS Flat Test Render

Test render for my upcoming pwToon Freebie . Hope I can finish the guide tommorow so you can play with it

I have just downloaded your pwToon shader presets struglling alittle on the multipass not really getting goood results I am just learning still. One question, how do you get the flat backgrounds in these picture. I only get transparent backgrounds in 3delight. is it just a matter of puttig a dome on and changing the colour? is it just a basic background flat colour image, or a light preset? sorry im very very new to 3delight and toon style renders. You guys all seem very knowledable in your renders and just readig through this forum. I have learnt heaps

Go to Menu > Windows>Tab > Environment  . Then Choose Backdrop in Type option .   Now You can set background color as you want .  Make sure that option which said " Visible on Render " should be ON 

I mostly setting the BG color first before edit or fine tuning everything . It helps me to get oveal tone I wanted . Sometimes lighter toon color is very hard to setup if the BG not match  /clash 

If you have question about those presets  You can ask in those freebie post , so we`re not cluttering this awesome thread :)

Part of a comic strip that I hand out in my D&D game that draws from Greek mythology.

Cheers!

Hecate and Geryon | Daz assets and setup | Blender Eevee rendering | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Genesis 8 version of my Vincent Price-like Professor Victor Vornoff.