More Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR III)

Comments

• csaa said:

The image is very interesting! The details vividly stand out. Will you sell it as a sticker too? Thanks for sharing details about the software you use and your process too.

Cheers!

LoreMistress Izaria said:

Here's my latest, and a bit of my process.

Thanks! I might do this one as a sticker, or a greeting card or something. I still have problems making my topography look good. It's harder than it looks. Fonts and font styles are my current nemesis.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited December 2021

LoreMistress Izaria

You're not alone there. I also stumble when it comes to typography. It seems to involve a different part of the brain to get it right, separate from image making. frown 

Cheers!

csaa said:

The image is very interesting! The details vividly stand out. Will you sell it as a sticker too? Thanks for sharing details about the software you use and your process too.

Cheers!

Here's my latest, and a bit of my process.

Thanks! I might do this one as a sticker, or a greeting card or something. I still have problems making my topography look good. It's harder than it looks. Fonts and font styles are my current nemesis.

Post edited by csaa on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Good stuff just tends to disappear from the Daz marketplace with no explanation, like PWToon, which I'm gonna use until the wheels fall off.

edited December 2021

Trying my hand at mixing cel shaded Daz figures with digital brush work.

I used the Grace Yong and Grace Yong Hair for Genesis 8. It looks like she's been pulled from Ravenstone/Sprite's page. All we have left of her are promo images. Alas!

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers!

In the Garden of Her Imagination | Daz assets | Blender cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • Some postwork, but it started as a DazStudio Render

edited December 2021

@FirstBastion,

^^^ This is very heartwarming scene. The colors and brushstrokes convey the tenderness of the moment.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers! 

FirstBastion said:

Some postwork, but it started as a DazStudio Render

Post edited by csaa on
  • I tweaked the mats to get the colors better. Having so much fun with my little monsters.

Kraken Dance.png
    2400 x 3000 - 5M
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited December 2021

Nice render and style guys !!!

Here another version from my old image . Rework using pwToon - render as multipass and crazy stacking filter and repaint in Photoshop

SpaceDoll Rework

RepostSpaceDoll.jpg
    2550 x 2550 - 3M
    SpaceDollSmall.jpg
    656 x 656 - 149K
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903

Looking great, @juvestriani, but don't you think the background should also have some lineart, as well?

edited December 2021

Artini said:

Looking great, @juvestriani, but don't you think the background should also have some lineart, as well?

@Artini , thank for input . Yeah I need to work in that part to make cohesion/seamless

Lately I`m experimenting with real photo ( from unsplash) to see if those images already enough instead rendering Background elements . Dont know what happen with my machine , it seem growing slow by days when using Blender or any 3D softwares , so to keep producing images every day I need alternative method .

BTW indeed , the BG also need lineart as you suggested . Thanks again   

edited December 2021

Joker_blenderExport

Trying out DSF/DUF exporter from @millighost to bring Full rig model from Blender so I can use pwToon . And of course this one get Multistack filter and repainting in Photoshop :)

Joker Retoon.jpg
    1967 x 1967 - 3M
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

Here is the link to @millighost DDF/DUF exporterdiscussion.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903
    edited December 2021

Looks nice.

Thanks for the mention of https://sites.google.com/site/millighostmix/home/export_dsf_prop

I did not know, that such tool has existed at all!

Post edited by Artini on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

FirstBastion said:

Some postwork, but it started as a DazStudio Render

Damn impressive work.

juvesatriani said:

Nice render and style guys !!!

Here another version from my old image . Rework using pwToon - render as multipass and crazy stacking filter and repaint in Photoshop

SpaceDoll Rework

Great image...Love it alot...

csaa said:

A character concept I've been working on. The base figure is G8M with Reynard morphs dialed in. The attire is from the Highlander Outfit product, minus the cloth. To top it off, I used the Viking Hair for G3.

Cheers!

Asbjorn the Smuggler | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Love the character you've created. Awesome indeed....

• Vyusur said:

"Out of the box"

Very simple and yet very effective. I like your muted colors for this image. And even though he has a neutral expression, it is effective. I do think a little more of the foot showing would be nice, but that's definitely just a matter of preference on my part (or maybe if the bench didn't have that middle leg to intefere with the composition). Your outlining process and the muted colors you selected for behind the glass are perfect. Good choices all around contribute to a VERY good illustration.

kenmo said:

Love the character you've created. Awesome indeed....

@kenmo,

Thanks for the generous feedback.

Cheers!

• chicago1921chicago1921 Posts: 52
    edited December 2021

Hi!

A new set of DAZ Artwork and photoshop postwork.

Post edited by chicago1921 on
    edited December 2021

Chiron, a centaur who takes a prominent role in the D&D game I run. At the onset I wasn't sure how the G8 centaur shell would come out in Blender. Thankfullly it transferred well from Daz. As for morphs, there's Tennessee dialed into the base G8 male here.

Cheers!

Chiron the Centaur | Daz assets | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

mmitchell_houston said:

Vyusur said:

"Out of the box"

Very simple and yet very effective. I like your muted colors for this image. And even though he has a neutral expression, it is effective. I do think a little more of the foot showing would be nice, but that's definitely just a matter of preference on my part (or maybe if the bench didn't have that middle leg to intefere with the composition). Your outlining process and the muted colors you selected for behind the glass are perfect. Good choices all around contribute to a VERY good illustration.

@mmitchell_houston, thank you for your nice feedback!

edited January 2022

A toboggan ride down a snowy hill maybe pleasant and joyful to one person yet anxious and fearful to another. We enter the New Year with the same concerns. Hang tight for the ride and adventure of 2022.

Happy New Year everyone. All the best.

Characters rendered in DAZ Iray and composited into a background I painted using Photoshop & Rebelle 4. Paintery effects were then applied to characters.

Hang on for the Ride {2022}=KRM02.jpg
    1400 x 875 - 283K
    Post edited by kenmo on

@kenmo,

Interesting brushwork! I don't know enough about Rebelle 4 but I assume you used that software to apply the realistic looking brushes textures. There's evidently attention paid to the lighting. Did you achieve the highlights (for example, on the jacket sleeves) using different tones of the same color, or was that the result of the 3D render?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

kenmo said:

A toboggan ride down a snowy hill maybe pleasant and joyful to one person yet anxious and fearful to another. We enter the New Year with the same concerns. Hang tight for the ride and adventure of 2022.

Characters rendered in DAZ Iray and composited into a background I painted using Photoshop & Rebelle 4. Paintery effects were then applied to characters.

• pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 139
    edited January 2022

New GMIC actions

test4.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 157K
    Post edited by pavsikakyj on

csaa said:

@kenmo,

Interesting brushwork! I don't know enough about Rebelle 4 but I assume you used that software to apply the realistic looking brushes textures. There's evidently attention paid to the lighting. Did you achieve the highlights (for example, on the jacket sleeves) using different tones of the same color, or was that the result of the 3D render?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

kenmo said:

I did the background - hill, snow, sky, tree all in 2D, no 3D was used other then for the sled and characters. Highlights were obtain via Photoshop & Rebelle.

pavsikakyj said:

New GMIC actions

Looks fantastic...

• pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 139
    edited January 2022

Even better action with GMIC

test4.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 249K
    Post edited by pavsikakyj on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I do love me some painterly NPR renders.

@pavsikakyj,

Very nice! A small suggestion. Can you add depth of field to blur the background surrounding a bit? That would draw the viewer's attention to the couple and give the scene more depth as well.

Happy New Year, Cheers!

pavsikakyj said:

• csaa said:

@pavsikakyj,

Very nice! A small suggestion. Can you add depth of field to blur the background surrounding a bit? That would draw the viewer's attention to the couple and give the scene more depth as well.

Happy New Year, Cheers!

pavsikakyj said:

Thanks. But due to postwork effects and actions I use, DOF won't keep it's blurness.