More Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR III)

Comments

• pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 139
    edited January 2022

Better skin 

hc1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 250K
    Post edited by pavsikakyj on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited January 2022

SchoolSquad#Monique

I`ve been doing experiment to utilize Canva for (my  upcoming) Insta comic . The pros using cloud service like that I  dont need to download every vector or shape elements for my design  although talk bubble seem not as flexible as we`ve seen in Comic Life 3 .

Like always this image produced using my pwtoon preset ( !JsFlat) - layout in Canva and final color adjustment using mobile app

Monica_canva.jpg
    3240 x 3240 - 2M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited January 2022

A series I rendered before the holidays. Sgt. Inez is a character I'm conceptualizing. What would it look like, in a stylized manner, for her to return home from work? I found one way of seeing this by kitbashing the Daz Street Bike Construction Kit and the Old Manhattan Apartment sets.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers!

In Her Apartment | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
    edited January 2022

@juvesatriani,

Very impressive! The colors and clean lines are very vibrant. Looking forward to seeing the inner panels of your comic -- web only?

It looks like we posted near the same time. I normally hold off so others can post their's and have time to showcase their work. Sorry about that.

Cheers!

juvesatriani said:

SchoolSquad#Monique

I`ve been doing experiment to utilize Canva for (my  upcoming) Insta comic . The pros using cloud service like that I  dont need to download every vector or shape elements for my design  although talk bubble seem not as flexible as we`ve seen in Comic Life 3 .

Like always this image produced using my pwtoon preset ( !JsFlat) - layout in Canva and final color adjustment using mobile app

Post edited by csaa on
  • @csaa thanks for nice words . I`m also fan of your works !!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903
    edited January 2022

juvesatriani said:

SchoolSquad#Monique

Great. Looking forward to your next creations.

I like very much, how you compose your images.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2022

@Artini thanks for support !

IRAY _repainting

Here another IRAY -  Photoshop postwork/repainting result , after I`ve failed getting decent render from IRAY 

Full Yeneffer.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    YenIRAY Version.jpg
    750 x 750 - 417K
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

csaa said:

A series I rendered before the holidays. Sgt. Inez is a character I'm conceptualizing. What would it look like, in a stylized manner, for her to return home from work? I found one way of seeing this by kitbashing the Daz Street Bike Construction Kit and the Old Manhattan Apartment sets.

Cheers!

In Her Apartment | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Excellent work...

csaa said:

Cheers!

Excellent work...

juvesatriani said:

SchoolSquad#Monique

Love the results of your efforts...

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2022

3dl NPR render in Studio. No postwork. Gallery link https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6400534240034816#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1196175

Toony_cats03.jpg
    1300 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited January 2022

I am experimenting with https://www.daz3d.com/easy-light-and-render--silhouettes

Ghost shaders from it gives nice look.

Lucas801pic29gh2.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 160K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,440

csaa said:

Cheers!

I can absolutely see the storytelling progession. It would do well as a webtoons comic title.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,440

juvesatriani said:

@Artini thanks for support !

IRAY _repainting

Here another IRAY -  Photoshop postwork/repainting result , after I`ve failed getting decent render from IRAY 

Reminds me of Yennifer from the Witcher series

edited January 2022

"Out of the Box" second etition. No postwork.

Gallery link: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6400534240034816#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1196310

Out_of_the_box003.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on

@Vyusur,

I like the art work. The lighting and shadows add texture and depth, and cats always make for fascinating subjects. Thanks for sharing. laugh

Cheers!

Vyusur said:

3dl NPR render in Studio. No postwork. Gallery link https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6400534240034816#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1196175

csaa said:

@Vyusur,

I like the art work. The lighting and shadows add texture and depth, and cats always make for fascinating subjects. Thanks for sharing. laugh

Cheers!

Vyusur said:

Thank you for your kind feedback!

edited January 2022

Artini said:

I am experimenting with https://www.daz3d.com/easy-light-and-render--silhouettes

@Artini,

I also bought Easy Light and Render Silhouettes when it came out on sale. I used it for the following comic panel.

Cheers!

Asbjorn the Smuggler | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on

Looking great, @csaa.

I also think that http://https//www.daz3d.com/easy-light-and-render--silhouettes

has a great potential for creating NPRs.

edited January 2022

Chaotic color mess in this image LOL . Trying find fast way to get job done without importing daz scene in Blender since it already bogged down because of  Geo Nodes

BG and atmosphere created in Blender + eevee , then rendered image used as backdrop in DAZ studio so I can get reasonable POV and light .

For quick render I`ve used Cartoon Preview and  Viewport render. Bring DAZ render in photoshop to balance everything and  give stack of filter and LUT

BTW this one is earlier draft /storyboard for "short Animation " work 

937 x 579 - 449K

@juvestriani,

Very interesting! Is it a story of oncoming devastation? Hope to see more.

Cheers!

juvesatriani said:

Moon_storyboard draft

Chaotic color mess in this image LOL . Trying find fast way to get job done without importing daz scene in Blender since it already bogged down because of  Geo Nodes

BG and atmosphere created in Blender + eevee , then rendered image used as backdrop in DAZ studio so I can get reasonable POV and light .

For quick render I`ve used Cartoon Preview and  Viewport render. Bring DAZ render in photoshop to balance everything and  give stack of filter and LUT

BTW this one is earlier draft /storyboard for "short Animation " work 

edited January 2022

Thank @csaa 

This is the final image and color grade

Final

Kid 01_with [email protected]
    2500 x 1407 - 2M

Sgt. Andrea: Contemplation | Daz assets and setup | Blender cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

edited January 2022

Sgt. Andrea catches up with Sgt. Inez, who isn't having a good day. Between the two of them their words are spare but their body language speaks volumes.

Cheers!

A Delicate Conversation | Daz assets and setup | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
    edited January 2022

A cast of Olympian gods and goddeses who appear in the D&D game I run. They are a rowdy and contenious group! Here's the ensemble so far.

Cheers!

The Olympians | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee cel shading | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited January 2022

Wrote a crude draft of a story in November for NaNoWriMo.   Here is an illustration I made.

drowning.png
    1200 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by Ostadan on
  • charlescharles Posts: 775

Ostadan said:

Wrote a crude draft of a story in November for NaNoWriMo.   Here is an illustration I made.

Great post work here, I love it!

edited January 2022

Here's a piece from a new collection I've been working on lately.

painter_a5_xx_16x12_reduced.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by charles on

Some experiments with line art conversions. When possible, I set these side-by-side against the original cel shaded version. (All Daz assets and setup; Blender Eevee cel shading; CSP post-edit.)

Cheers!

Nice post effects!