Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@ David, yeah i had the same thought about the first image, I will render it with higher sampling and post the results smiley ....as for your underwater scenes i think your on the right path, looking better and better each time smiley

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@David, I looked at some underwater images and now I think I know what bothered me a bit with your previous version and a bit less with the last one. In photographs, the brightest spot, where the sun is, is more limited to one region. It is not one spot, of course, because it is a wavy surface, but it is not all over the surface either. It is a bit more extended over large parts of the surface in your version. I have no clue how to achieve the more realistic effect. Perhaps making the terrain in such a way that the spot where the sun is is less thick than the remainder and therefore less light travels through the remainder? Or maybe use a texture that will have more transparency in a (not too small) spot and less in another?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited August 2015

Playing with fractals again rendered in Bryce

pd1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 59K
    pd2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 36K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 399
    edited August 2015

Haven't done any CGA since 2009. decided to go back to some of the things I enjoyed doing. Anyway here's my first. It's a depiction of a Steely Dan song ( Time Out of Mind ) put the link to the picture here ,couldn't find the option to blow up the image to full size

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11800627_923764187710077_3718927775536649785_n.jpg?oh=9c196037f61b38a67c9bdb82941d9a85&oe=567FCECD

Time_Out_of_Mind_03jpg.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 444K
    Post edited by S Ray on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited August 2015

I'll not be doing this one again, 37 hours to render surprise laugh

A Wet Knight

wet-knight-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 545K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

StevesArtGallery - Welcome to the forum. Beautiful render

Sandy - Awesome render, nice clouds.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Indeed   Welcome back Steve.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited August 2015

I think I've sorted why I cant upload an image using the Attach a file option.

I have an addon to firefox called linkification which turns plain text links into clickable links.

I disabled it and enabled it 5 times and every time I disable it I can upload an image.

Honda Integra Type R.jpg
    800 x 448 - 176K
    Post edited by StuartB on
    edited August 2015

It worked again. At last. Hopefully not spoken too soon this time.

Black Mini.jpg
    900 x 402 - 301K
    edited August 2015

Just found another addon that does the same thing.
    But this one lets me upload images here.

Phantom 2.jpg
    1100 x 497 - 425K
    edited August 2015

"I'll not be doing this one again, 37 hours to render"

Wow, thats nearly forever when you're waiting. :)

I did two renders and set up a new scene in Daz Studio while Bryce rendered in the background so time wasn't wasted laugh

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Vivien - thank you, yes, there are still many options and effects to test. But this project is currently on the back burner.
    Your ants are sweet, I like the one with the sunglasses. Great modelling skill!

Launok - you're making progress.

David - underwater renders look cool.

Tim - very nice croc scenes. Both are nice.

Mermaid - those fractal renders are absolutely great.

Steve - beautiful render.

Sandy - great weather in your Wet Knight render. Very nice.

Stuart - glad you found the culprit. I know these car renders, they are really beautiful and a pleasure to see them here.

I thought i would re upload this at a better quality smiley

Crock_2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 226K

I thought i would re upload this at a better quality smiley

It is hard to tell that isn't a photograph yes 

@ Fishtales, thank you smiley

StuartB - Absolutely magnificent car renders

Horo - Thanks

Tim - another awesome render

Thanks Horo. As you know I have shown them on the old forum before but I did'nt have anything new to upload while I was trying to sort out my uploading problem.

edited August 2015

Still working today so I think it's ok now.

Truck-N-Trailer.jpg
    915 x 385 - 497K

Thanks very much mermaid010.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2015

The eyes have it: Deleted the eye & skin maps in Vicky for fun, and applied simple metal colours etc., to said...nice results, but one could be playing around with lights and shadow forever.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited August 2015

Nice effect there Jamahoney

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited August 2015

@Fencepost52

I am coming back to your question about descent rocks.

I played around with lattices. In the terrain editor I used the fractal method "Crystaline". In the picture with the water i tried to present the rocks the best looking way. In the picture with the mud the rock on the left side is turned that you can see the rim of the lattice, which is gladly nearly noticable. To reduce them I turned the red area quite high (I hope you do understand, what I mean with "red area quite high", because I have no idea how to call the correct expression for this ruler and its effect on the right sight of the terrains canvas windows ;-) 

stonewatertest.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    stonemudtest.jpg
    800 x 600 - 99K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited August 2015

Cheers, Stuart...will next try to get a reflection in the eye...might be interesting.

Question to anyone: The new Victoria 7 model is out for a while now, and wondering if full genitals is included?. No, I'm not some kind of 'perv', but would like to have said (genitals with Male version, too) available, as I've always felt not having them was somewhat limiting if wanting to experiment with, say, works in glamour, erotica...etc. Yes, I understand, the issue of DS being used by young people, or kids etc.,, and so such available options wouldn't be suitable, but, that said, DS seems to promote big-breasted, half-naked women anyway, so that's kinda a no-no, too, these days, but it's still there for kids to see. I've seen some full genital works the odd time in DeviantART that used DS, but wondered what models (Genesis 2, 3??) were used to create such works.

Jay

PS. DId life classes (naked live models etc.,) some time back, so you can see my interest.

I had a bit of fun with a few terrain's, this was one of my favorites smiley

Distant_Green_hills.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 208K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited August 2015

ETA: Sorry about not commenting on individual renders.  I'm running a little lean on time, so I apologize for that.  There are lots of great looking pieces of work and all serve as inspiration. yes 

Art – your renders are awesome, love this last one, not sure if the stones I used for my first render are something you are looking for. They are from the presets.

Thanks!  The preset stones seem to be a tad bit too low poly and causes some weird shading on some of the renders I've done.  Maybe it's the material, I don't really know.  I exported one as an obj file and imported it into Wings 3D and smoothed it a couple of times and the shadows didn't have as quite a hard edge to them.  Don't know that I want to go through that each time, but the interesting thing to note is that the materials you've used don't seem to create the hard shadows.  Interesting.....

@Fencepost52

I am coming back to your question about descent rocks.

I played around with lattices. In the terrain editor I used the fractal method "Crystaline". In the picture with the water i tried to present the rocks the best looking way. In the picture with the mud the rock on the left side is turned that you can see the rim of the lattice, which is gladly nearly noticable. To reduce them I turned the red area quite high (I hope you do understand, what I mean with "red area quite high", because I have no idea how to call the correct expression for this ruler and its effect on the right sight of the terrains canvas windows ;-) 

Great suggestion! I understand completely about the "red ruler doo hickey on the right side thing-a-ma-bob!" LOL  Thanks for the suggestion. That'll give me some good experiments.  I also realized that I have a "rock" package that I purchased from the DAZ store made by Estevez that I need to use.

Here are a few cloud experiments I've been playing with using the a couple of different "Fantastic Skies" settings from David and Horo's product of the same name.

CloudExperiment11.jpg
    654 x 850 - 375K
    CloudExperiment12.jpg
    654 x 850 - 356K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Jamahoney said:

Cheers, Stuart...will next try to get a reflection in the eye...might be interesting.

Question to anyone: The new Victoria 7 model is out for a while now, and wondering if full genitals is included?. No, I'm not some kind of 'perv', but would like to have said (genitals with Male version, too) available, as I've always felt not having them was somewhat limiting if wanting to experiment with, say, works in glamour, erotica...etc. Yes, I understand, the issue of DS being used by young people, or kids etc.,, and so such available options wouldn't be suitable, but, that said, DS seems to promote big-breasted, half-naked women anyway, so that's kinda a no-no, too, these days, but it's still there for kids to see. I've seen some full genital works the odd time in DeviantART that used DS, but wondered what models (Genesis 2, 3??) were used to create such works.

Jay

PS. DId life classes (naked live models etc.,) some time back, so you can see my interest.

The answer is yes, they are only in the Pro version though, not in the base figure packages,

edited August 2015

The answer is yes, they are only in the Pro version though, not in the base figure packages,

Cheers, Chohole....will look up the pro version...wink

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@mermaid010: Looks like you created some very nice marbles!

@StevesArtGallery: That looks very good. Must be a sad, but beautiful song. I know some Steely Dan, but can't remember this one.

@Fishtales: Well, I see a little thing to improve.... Just kidding; great render and marvelous patience. I have had renders running for days on end in the past, usually with many plants with transparency in the leaves. I then leave it running at night and when at work, save it twice a day and do other things on the laptop in the evening (when home). But it does take patience. And then I usually notice some stupid error (floating tree, e.g.) that I did not spot in plop render angry. Still I understand the feeling very well!!

@StuartB: Looks like you have a 3D garage full of wonderful models. And brightly rendered too!

@Tim Bateman: Fantastic underwater scene! Looks very dangerous. And a very wonderful landscape with beautiful light.

@Jamahoney: Very painterly eyes!

@Electro-Elvis: These really are decent looking rocks! I sometimes use some of the ones from Clay Hagebusch. They are nice, I think, specifically if you like strange forms.

@Fencepost52: Fantastic skies indeed. Really wonderful.

This discussion has been closed.