Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2015

Cheers, Hansmar...I too thought the eye works looked painterly...must be the very high lighting and sun intensity options I used, as there's no postwork done on them.

I'll finish with eyes in this final one...the reflected mountain and man were put behind the camera. It sorta works, but for some reason I feel there's a look of fear in the the girl's eye - perhaps, the man coming towards her poses a threat sad Again, no postwork.

Jay

ReflectiveEye.jpg
    700 x 694 - 439K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited August 2015

Jamahoney-nice effects with the eyes especially the reflection in the eye.

Tim- very nice render, like the lighting

Art - awesome landscapes using David's and Horo's products

Hansmar - thanks

All- I’m trying to use an image for my signature and don’t see any option to attach one. Any ideas. blush

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • @Jamahoney: those are some really neat render experiments. Very painterly indeed.

@StuartB: Your car renders are always so realistic looking.  I'm impressed with the amount of time it must take to set up all the materials to make that happen.  Nice job!

@Fishtales: Nice work on the "A Wet Knight".  37 hours, aye?!  WOW! That must have been because of the clouds?

@StevesArtGallery: Welcome to forum and a nice Steely Dan-inpsired image.  I'm seeing them in concert on 8/11/15. Can't wait!

@marmaid: Love the fractal experiments.  Aren't fractals fun?!  I need to with them again too. 

All- I’m trying to use an image for my signature and don’t see any option to attach one. Any ideas. blush

Although I haven't messed with my signature in the new forums yet, in the sig options GUI, it looks like these options are the ones you want.....

SigOptions.PNG
    844 x 490 - 50K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited August 2015

@Jamahoney: those are some really neat render experiments. Very painterly indeed.

@StuartB: Your car renders are always so realistic looking.  I'm impressed with the amount of time it must take to set up all the materials to make that happen.  Nice job!

@Fishtales: Nice work on the "A Wet Knight".  37 hours, aye?!  WOW! That must have been because of the clouds?

@StevesArtGallery: Welcome to forum and a nice Steely Dan-inpsired image.  I'm seeing them in concert on 8/11/15. Can't wait!

@TimBateman: Another fine render of your underwater scene.  I love gators/crocs!

@DavidBrinnen: Are you sure those aren't underwater photographs?! LOL  Nice work!

@marmaid: Love the fractal experiments.  Aren't fractals fun?!  I need to play with them again too. 

Although I haven't messed with my signature in the new forums yet, in the sig options GUI, it looks like these options are the ones you want.....Actually now that I look at the bottom checkbox, I don't think that applies to the images in your signature, but the images of others in there's.

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • Not sure what I did, but I double posted.The first post is incomplete and can be removed if you would like. Thanks and my apologies.

Art

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks Hansmar.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks very much Fencepost52 you're very kind.

@Art - thanks for your response. I saw that but I will need to upload the image to a photosharing site like Photobucket to get a url link. There is no "Attached File" option like we have to post renders. Maybe there is another way....?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Fencepost52

I think it was a combination of the clouds, which was an early attempt from long ago to put volume clouds in a sphere, and the rain which was also an early attempt  in a big sphere from about the same time. I just couldn't be bothered making new ones :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

I saw that but I will need to upload the image to a photosharing site like Photobucket to get a url link. There is no "Attached File" option like we have to post renders. Maybe there is another way....?

Mermaid - Create your banner, max 100 px high. Attach it to a (fake) post, open it, copy the URL and then go to your account and put in that link.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

You need to actually create the image link by attaching the proposed image to a post, or as an image in your gallery if you have one.    The forum software will allow an image is up to 1000px x 100px, but do be aware that people are not at all happy with those who have used the full size as they do tend to dominate the page..  Once you have an image posted then Right click and save image location gives you the link to post into your signature set up. (accessed from your profile)   Unfortunately there isn't a centre command available with the version of HTML that this forum uses, We found that Inserting a horizontal line at top and bottom of the image does serve to keep it in place once it is manually moved to roughly centre using the space bar.   I did also manage to make my image into an active link, if you click my banner you will see it takes you magically to the bryce forum.  I will have to remember how I did that 

Edit.   Ok I have remembered.  When you click on the insert image command when adding a signature, there are 2 tabs.  The first one says image info, and there you add the image location, then click on the link tab, and in there you can add a link to whatever you want your banner to lead to.

Post edited by Chohole on

Yes, it's much simpler now. I had to write it in code when I made mine. I hadn't any better information at the time than analyzing the HTML page.

edited August 2015

Thanks Horo and Chohole. I will give that a try. My image is 600x100

Making  a "fake" post here to copy the url.

Eta: Thanks I got now to try and centre it wink

brycefun.jpg
    600 x 100 - 25K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 793

The brick building (middle) is my own creation which I've built on 23 July 2015 in SketchUp (my 1st building model ever!!).  All the props in the fashion shop building are from the Google SketchUp Warehouse, including the left building combo and building to the right.

Only the characters are from Daz3D's Daz Studio 4 - Genesis 2 Female/Genesis 2 Male/Kids 4.  The K4 character is clothed with a paperboy set by Cybertenko.

Laura  

Untitled24 image3 pasted 4 with paperboy.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 172K

Cheers, Fencepost52.

Thanks Mermaid, and your banner links okay...though I'm sure you'll want to delete the small version alongside - like Chohole has done with hers.

Nice work, Laura...'eventually' says you... as it's obvious you put a lot into it.

Jay

Laura - nice modeling and scene.

Jay - thanks, if I delete the small version, then I will lose the link (I think) laugh

Inspired by Tim's Aus_Desert and using Dave's idea for the Tumbleweed (page 7), two renders using the same setup and materials but different skies and lighting.

desertscene05.jpg
    920 x 690 - 64K
    desertscene06.jpg
    920 x 690 - 111K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@ Mermaid, thankyou smiley ....and they both look wonderful!!! ,great jobsmiley

Thanks Tim

edited August 2015

Can we please ask you, if you insert an image using the tools, can you please type 800 in the width box as shown here

Thanks,  this will save us keep having to do it ourselves.      Of course this is only if the original images is bigger than 800 pixels wide.

resize image.jpg
    448 x 516 - 155K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Chohole said:

Can we please ask you, if you insert an image using the tools, can you please type 800 in the width box as shown here

Thanks,  this will save us keep having to do it ourselves.      Of course this is only if the original images is bigger than 800 pixels wide.

My bad.  I caught one that slipped by.

edited August 2015
    Chohole said:

My bad.  I caught one that slipped by.

ETA:  Playing around with Horo's Sunless HDRI's, David and Horo's Terrain 2 package, and some ruins I picked up at sharecg.com

Bridge2Ruins2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    Jamahoney said:

Cheers, Hansmar...I too thought the eye works looked painterly...must be the very high lighting and sun intensity options I used, as there's no postwork done on them.

I'll finish with eyes in this final one...the reflected mountain and man were put behind the camera. It sorta works, but for some reason I feel there's a look of fear in the the girl's eye - perhaps, the man coming towards her poses a threat sad Again, no postwork.

Jay

You're welcome. This one also looks good. I think the 'fear' is caused by the eye being so wide open. That is usually a sign of fear. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@Launok. Very nice street scene! I really like the boy selling newspapers.

@chohole: Oops, I think I also may have uplioaded too large a render somewhere. Thanks for pointing this out!

@mermaid010: nice landscape. I like the second one best, due to the more clear shadows.

@Fencepost52: What a wondeful, realistic landscape. You use the tools well!

You can upload a large render, but if you put that 800 in the box I showed, it resizes it for the forum, clicking on it will still bring up the full size one.

Art - you are making beautiful landscapes.

Hansmar- Thanks

Sigh...should we really have to do this 800 stuff...ughhh...more incompetence of the developers.

edited August 2015

Thanks, Hansmar and mermaid!

Here's another one. I like this one much better.  The ruins kinda got lost in the previous render.

Bridge2Cathedral.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 399

Testing to see if the link works to my FB gallery. It's open to public so I hope it will. Latest Render, used 2d plane for the stars & star field and sun flare. The sun are 3 spheres & radius light. also did a mask render to remove the star field from the transparency of the rings. Post done in PS cs9

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11223716_923726841047145_4268059167748897160_o.jpg

edited August 2015

Laura - the scene came nicely together.

Mermaid - Very nice renders with the tumbleweed. I like the second more, it's more dramatic with the shadows.

Art - great landscape. The tower looks better in the second image, in fact; it looks, which it doesn't in the first. laugh

StevesArtGallery_571b74b7cb - nice space image.

Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.