Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited August 2015

Art- Thanks for your comment. I agree a very cool render you have there with the Mordor terrain. Regarding Jamie (GussNemo), he did make a brief appearance a while ago.

@Mermaid: Thank you.  I did see him make an appearance, but was curious if anyone had heard from him otherwise.

@Fencepost52: Thanks a lot for your kind offer to combine the both pictures for me. But I have done it now the "hard" way ;-) When I read your mail, my render with premium options with 144 rpp already run for a while. I have posted the result in the galleries http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/82140/

@Electro-elvis: Glad you got it to render the way you wanted it to.  If you ever run into that issue again and don't feel like waiting for the long render times, let me know and I'll merge them for you.

vivien1 said:

Art- I really admire your patience for manual instancing. You make it look so easy. Beautiful  island by the way. The one with the clouds in particular.

As for your mordor terrain, this is exactly what I wanted to achieve for one of my renders but had no idea how to do it. I'll try, I know now who to ask if I need any help.

@Vivien: Thanks for the nice words on the instancing.  That does seem to be the most laborious part, but I find that sometimes it takes no longer than using the Instancing Lab with all its quirks.  Yes, ask away if you need any help. :)

I love your abstracts. I played around a little bit and didn't get the results I wanted, but after seeing yours, I need to try again. The first is my favorite. Really nice.

@David: Nice water experiments.  Getting better with each version.

@Tim: Nice Buddha!

Here's a couple of my landscapes render as 3D images.

Bridge2CathedraALS.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    InstancingIsleWithCloudsALS.jpg
    845 x 845 - 647K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Great anaglyphs Art. One suggestion: if you have parts that hit the picture frame, those parts should not extrude the screen but be either at the screen level or behind it. The first example has the bridge and the grass coming out of the screen, but it still works fine. The second irritates a bit. I'm not sure it's the water or the left part of the island. Anyway, good to see anaglyphs, keep them coming, goggles are next to the keyboard.

• Horo said:

Great anaglyphs Art. One suggestion: if you have parts that hit the picture frame, those parts should not extrude the screen but be either at the screen level or behind it. The first example has the bridge and the grass coming out of the screen, but it still works fine. The second irritates a bit. I'm not sure it's the water or the left part of the island. Anyway, good to see anaglyphs, keep them coming, goggles are next to the keyboard.

Thanks, Horo.  The first one had the target lined up with the chapel; the second had the target to its maximum z-extent.  I'm re-rendering a color version of the second right now that has the target about half way to the camera.  I'll post that and you can let me know if it works better.  I'll re-render the first in a couple of days, as I'll be away from my PC for a bit.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2015

Super, Art...love anaglyphs...must try one again on a work I'm working on. It's a pity, because of their red/cyan requirements, that any good coloured anaglyphs can be produced with all rgb firing off. Have seen the odd one or two (by Horo/David - Horo's and David's 3D Rendering anaglyph software in Daz) that were excellent, but the colours, due to no fault by the producers themselves, will always be diluted because of the anaglyph setup.

Some have expressed in the past (in the Bryce Forum) not having the glasses, but they are defintely worth buying (they are relatively cheap), as you're missing out on a whole new dimension.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Lovely anaglyphs Art.

Had fun doing underwater as well as the split screens, thanks to David and Horo

bw15.jpg
    615 x 800 - 67K
    bw07.jpg
    900 x 450 - 38K
    edited August 2015

Mermaid - nice renders, the second seems a bit low contrast.

Jay - yes, the anaglyph problem are colours because the goggles have to separate the information for each eye. If only either colour cyan (green and blue) or red is absent, colour works relatively good. Another disadvantage is that it appears less bright because of the colour filters.

Here's the anaglyph I made from my terrain/party tiles. No red, so it works in colour. The landscape gets out of the lower edge but I think I get away with it. (Clicking on the thumbnail loads it larger.)

Ana

_BellaTolaAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 206K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2015

Thanks Horo. The second render was my take on the tutorial. I will go back to it  The anaglyph  render is awesome.

Inspired by one of your earlier renders here's my attempt of a still with the lens using David's tutorial 

Thanks Art for the stand and the plant is a freebie

bw08.jpg
    500 x 500 - 24K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited August 2015

Mermaid - that looks very nice.

Darn abstracts, I can't stop. Same base as shown on p38 but using the GWL (gigantic wide-angle fisheye lens) in front of the camera.

Tassel

Tassel.jpg
    520 x 800 - 90K
    Post edited by Horo on

Gorgeous, Horo...would like to fly through it.

Below: 'Something alien'. "It had been rumoured that morning something strange had been found in the dig. But it was just a rumour."

Jay

SomethingAlien.jpg
    1000 x 592 - 745K

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited August 2015

@Art, the first anaglyph worked super for me.  The second one I struggled with a bit.  Maybe for the reasons Horo gave.

@Jamahoney, there is also the "crosseyed" method and an approach to suit the viewing scope.  The crosseye does not work for me though and the scope needs the image taylored to the correct size to work.  Plus you need a scope.  Horo kindly sent me one and it sits before me on my desk as others would have an old microscope for decoration.  A nice if grim render from you there.

@Mermaid, looking good, very good and thank you for your help.

@Horo, ah, the perils of abstract effects... but nice results.

Another sea render from me.  I went back to the drawing board and rebuilt the material from scratch again.

Sea5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 249K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@ David, wow! that is the best result so far, i would love to see the recipe for that onesmiley ....very nice render also smiley

edited August 2015

Cheers, David. Yeah, the cross-eye technique is quite good too - sometimes, I find it's just the right distance from the screen that makes it work, but if preference, I would always go for the simple anaglyph. Sea works are coming along great, and love how the light comes through in your last work, which I'm sure is very difficult to achieve.

Yes, a grim render...was at an archeological dig a week ago, so I wondered what if something really odd turned up in one of these digs...heh he.

Jay

Jay - beautiful render, looks very real.

David - the water improves.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@David Brinnen: Yes, getting better. Though now it is a tad grey, maybe. Add some green?

@Tim Bateman: Yes, just like for painting, curves are great for rendering!

@mermaid010: nice underwater scene. Indeed, the second is a bit dark. I also like the plant in bubble scene.

@All: still don't have the goggles to appreciate your anaglyphs. What a pity!

@Jamahoney: Yes, just rumours. Everybody can see that the stiff is holding a rugby (or American Football) ball. But how did that ball come to look like that?

Horo - thanks, awesome abstract, love it.

Jay - nice render

David - cool result with the sea. Thanks

Hansmar - thanks here's an improved version

The second one uses the GreenPath Hdri as a backdrop.

bw07bc.jpg
    900 x 450 - 224K
    bw16.jpg
    800 x 500 - 74K

@mermaid010: half-half scene is much improved with more light. The balcony scene looks very good, though I don't know what that thing on the floor is laugh

edited August 2015

Thanks all for the comments on the anaglyphs. 

Jamahoney said:

Super, Art...love anaglyphs...must try one again on a work I'm working on. It's a pity, because of their red/cyan requirements, that any good coloured anaglyphs can be produced with all rgb firing off. Have seen the odd one or two (by Horo/David - Horo's and David's 3D Rendering anaglyph software in Daz) that were excellent, but the colours, due to no fault by the producers themselves, will always be diluted because of the anaglyph setup.

Jay

@Jay: Thanks! I love me some anaglyphs.  I thought about rendering a set as crossover & parallel but because you need to work with smaller images, I think too much detail would be lost and I opted not to render.  But, I love crosseye images as much as I love the red/cyan....plus, you don't need the glasses.

I really like your "Something Alien" render. Great concept.

@David: The water is looking really great. I'm amazed at how well you can push Bryce.

@mermaid: Your scenes are coming along nicely.Glad you found a use for the stand.  On the split render, I think the house should be a little larger or the fish a little smaller to better represent the scale. . On your balcony scene, maybe make the chair a little larger.

@Horo: Love the anaglyphs and abstract. Y'all are really getting some nice results on the abstracts. I need to experiment more with that recipe.

Here's another anaglyph render of Instancing Isle (full color) based on Horo's suggestion.  I think it looks better. Let me know what you think. Still rendering the Chapel (10+ hours). Not sure how it will come out, but I'll post it once the render is complete.

InstancingIsleWithCloudsColorALS.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M

Mermaid - the second one looks great with the shadows from the balcony rails on the planks. The first one has the house really small compared to the trees behind it. The size of the fish looks good to me.

Art - oh yes, great improvement. Island and clouds are all going into the screen and not out of it. This one works very good for me.

Cheers, Horo.

Hansmar...yes, the object being clasped by skele' is a brain confuser...which is why we don't understand what it is...heh he.

Mermaid...love the porch scene and the shadows of the rainlings coming towards the viewer. The thingy on the porch that's confusing Hansmar, I bet, is one of those saucer seat - so 60's wink

Art, great depth of the landmass receding into the sky.

Jay

edited August 2015

Ah - a brain confuser. That explains it all. I took it for a teapot and was wondering why it was not all in shards. laugh

Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2015

Thanks, everyone.  Here's a few more:

This one took nearly 36 hours to render. Never again! :)  It may be just me, but the separation of the images gives me some "ghosting" in certain places.  If I move my eyes, it goes away, but let me know if it's a problem.

This one is a crosseye version of a modification of one of my entries in this month's contest.

The last one is similar to the second, but requires red/cyan glasses.  I see some "ghosting" in this one as well. Maybe too much red in some of the objects.

ETA: Here's a couple of quickies...

Bridge2Cathedral2ColorALS.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Mi-Sci-Fi-Ki3_Crossover.jpg
    1472 x 736 - 1003K
    Mi-Sci-Fi-Ki3_ALS.jpg
    982 x 850 - 892K
    Portal Cube 1 ALS.jpg
    850 x 850 - 486K
    Portal Cube 1 Crossover.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 631K
    edited August 2015

Thanks Hansmar, Art, Horo and Jay for your comments and suggestions. I need to re-watch David’s tutorial on composition. I'm doing another scene and having problems with the scaling of the different objects.

Art – both your Island and the chapel anaglyphs work for me, very nice, the still is also nice and I don’t do cross-eyed. I never succeeded in doing an anaglyph of a landscape, but a few stills worked out fine, I need to give it another try. wink

Post edited by mermaid010 on

@Fencepost52: You are very active. Great boxes!

edited August 2015

Art - the ana with the chapel looks great. The second is difficult, perhaps a bit exaggerated in depth; the left red tower and the right cyan one are almost at the same place. It works for me, but it's not easy. The box is great with the near edge protruding.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2015

Thanks all.  Horo, you're correct about the second one. I have trouble viewing, but since that one renders fairly quickly, I'll try again.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited August 2015

To every one - It would be unfair for me to comment in any of the work. First of all I don't have 3d glasses and second I've lost my seeing glasses so all renders are looking a little bit fuzzy. That's old age for you. I'm sure they are all wonderful.

This one I finished straining my eyes. So be kind.

bridge2.jpg
    1000 x 499 - 39K
    Post edited by vivien on
    edited August 2015

Nice one. Vivien1...for some reason the large view appears blurry, but clicking on the small thumbnail brings up a sharper version.

Found this free shark model here - made by someone called 3dregenerator (the texture is good, and the obj. model was slightly smoothed in Bryce...using the 'E' thingy etc.,). Did two versions - normal and 3D for fun. All that is needed now is that Jaws music whenever the shark appeared in the film...hehe he.

Jay

JawsColor.jpg
    1445 x 720 - 917K

Jaws3D.jpg
    1445 x 723 - 975K

This discussion has been closed.