Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

@ vivien1, i sure do smiley 

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited September 2015

Still playing with anaglyphs and wiggles.  Here's a link to my "Wiggle Album" at photobucket (http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/Fencepost52/slideshow/Wiggles).  Some good ones, some not so good, but fun to make anyway.  Even though I hate the fact that gifs are only 256 colors which often creates artifacts/banding, I've resolved myself to use them because I don't have an image hosting site that plays looped videos (at least not that I can find.)  

Horo: your wiggles look great.

Dave: Nice to see you back. You've been busy and the results are fantastic. Love the tesselation images.

Jay: I thought that was you I saw in McDonalds. Did you get the Happy Meal with the Bryce 3D viewer? It's awesome! LOL

Vivien: Images look good. Keep 'em coming.

David: Your attempt at replicating the atmosphere from Vivien's picture is well done.  Not sure what I should do about the "extreme" nature of my anaglyphs.  They are so hard to get right.

Stuart: The anaglyph is well done.

Here's some other of my works:

IslandOfCreation1_ALS.jpg
    1100 x 550 - 763K
    Mountain Cube 2Stereogram.jpg
    800 x 800 - 544K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited September 2015

@Fencepost52 .

Thanks very much.

I like your Anaglyphs but in the palm tree one, how I see it is the 2 images seem too far apart for the proper 3D effect.

I also have very old eyes, so may be it's me. Not criticising but, is there anything you can do to get rid of the black and white inrterference on the second image.

I don't know how you do them, just wondered.

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited September 2015

Thanks, Stuart.  You might be right.  Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on the vantage point), my eyes/brain seem to be able to "resolve" things that many others have problems viewing.  Makes it tough when creating because they look good to me, but causes trouble for others.  I'm about at my end with them because of the frustration.  I certainly don't want to create artwork that is difficult to view. Guess I could and call it abstract! LOL

I might be expecting too much by having objects up close to the camera and an extreme distance.  I've removed some of the foreground vegetation, reduced the overall image size, and adjusted the lens settings.  I'll post when it's done and we'll see if that works any better.

As far as the second image, I'm not sure why the software does that, but I've noticed it in other artists as well.  I've tried changing all the settings, but still can't resolve it.  I dislike it too because there's too much strain on the eyes. sad 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited September 2015

Art - thank you. The anaglyph was a bit difficult to get, but once I had it: beautiful. It appears that you make your wiggles by rotating the camera and therefore the part in the distance moves more than the near part. I move the camera to simmulate blinking with the left and right eye alternately. This makes the near parts move and the far parts more stable.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited September 2015
    Horo said:

Art - thank you. The anaglyph was a bit difficult to get, but once I had it: beautiful. It appears that you make your wiggles by rotating the camera and therefore the part in the distance moves more than the near part. I move the camera to simmulate blinking with the left and right eye alternately. This makes the near parts move and the far parts more stable.

Thanks, Horo.  I edited my post as you were making yours and am redoing the whole anaglyph.  I'm so discouraged with them right now.

Yes, you are absolutely correct on the camera rotation. I put a hidden sphere in the center of the image and have it track the sphere. At first I didn't do that and a coworker who loves all things 3D suggested I try a little rotation. I'm getting discouraged with these too.  LOL

edited September 2015

Art - don't feel discouraged. Some anaglyphs work better than others and also some people get them with more ease than others. Below is the most difficult ana for me I ever made. It is even more difficult in the original size (here half size). I usually have to start to get the guy at left, then move up, then right. Once I have it, I can look around with ease. There are obviously two ways to create wiggles, none is better, they're just different. Just because I prefer the one with the camera shifted doesn't mean it is the better

.Gremlin's Hall v2

GremlinsHallv2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 260K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2015

Did you get the Happy Meal with the Bryce 3D viewer? It's awesome! LOL

Heh he, Art, I always feel the regulars a bit cheesy wink Great anaglyph and stereogram (though, a bit hard on the eyes). I recall doing these years ago where you would have a picture with loads and loads of different coloured dots, and you were to detect what the image was in them...I never had any problems with them, but none of my family could get them. Needless, to say, I'm the only one with permanently-crossed eyes :)

Great depth in that, Horo...it goes waaayyy back.

Okay, last anaglyph...just for Art's (ahem) sake wink It looks a bit pale or bland - a little like the tase of the food. Model, done by someone named 3dregenerator.

burgers.jpg
    1015 x 587 - 547K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

edited September 2015

You're absolutely correct, Horo. No need to get discouraged. Just have fun with it! Your anaglyph was definitely hard, but when I got in the zone, I. Was. In. The. Zone! Nice depth.

Ahh, Love the anaglyph, Jay! LOL  You even included ice cream. My fave!!!!

Here's some more goodies, plus an animated anaglyph.  It's almost 5MB so it'll take a little bit to load.  The first anaglyph almost has some conflicts with the terrain in the lower left foreground, but since that's not the focal point of the image, it's not a biggie.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/Fencepost52/Animated%20Anaglyphs/FencepostAnimation.gif

Little House on the Prairie_ALS.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 504K
    IslandOfCreation2_ALS.jpg
    800 x 400 - 398K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited September 2015

Art, the last two anaglyphs, like Jays burgers above and even Horo's cavern image all worked well for me.  I think the key is that the effect between front and back is not so extreme so it is not such a challenge for the eye to "read" the image as it scans.

Here's another attempt at one of Vivien's photographs.

Sea_island9.jpg
    850 x 850 - 324K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

Jay - great ana with the food. Yeah, the gremlins hall is huge.

Art - both work fine for me. The lower re-made one is indeed much simpler to get the 3D effect.

David - great sun effect. I've been working again a bit on the rain. I noticed the rain came down )\( instead of \\\ when using a high FOV. I could rectify that.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 399
    edited September 2015

Latest before Bryce complete crashed ( without be able to save ) Title Dragon Fight

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/4e/b533b43270043655583d9185f70136.jpg

Have no idea what I'm doing posting at the forum….but if you click the link there will be a full size image...?

fullscene_004_2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
    Post edited by S Ray on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383

Art- After checking out Horo’s link on the Magic Eye and learning how to see the 3D, I was able to view your “Weirdo” and the "Mountain cube," but I could not view them on my Laptop, it worked fine on the smart phone. I’ll pass on these too hard on my eyes. Love the Anaglyphs really cool and the wiggles on your Photobucket account. The animated anaglyph did not work for me. I agree with Horo don’t be discouraged, it’s always cool to learn new things, and guess what I learnt something new too; about wiggles and stereograms. smiley

Jay – Anaglyphs are fun to do but more fun if one gets it right. Lol Love the street, awesome work but too "clean." Your Anaglyphs always pop out–stunning work.

Vivien – Both your renders are very nice. I was tempted to get a pair of 3D glasses after David and Horo posted anaglyphs renders a long time ago, I think their renders are found in the 1st or 2nd part of “Show us your Bryce renders.”

Horo – If you had to swap the red and cyan to view the Anaglyph then I will need to swap the images. I tried using Photoshop (checked your site a while ago), but in vain. It’s thanks to Jay for the link he posted for the AnaMaker, I started playing with Anaglyphs. The Wiggles on your site are sooo cool and the Anaglyph "GremlinHall" is awesome.

Stuart- great anaglyph.

Dave – love the wall with the picture and the Escher style tessellated repeat patterns are great.

David- Wow beautiful renders.

Steve-love the render something I’ve been trying to achieve for ages, with ducks in the pond and horses, elephants and giraffes.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2015

Latest before Bryce complete crashed ( without be able to save ) Title Dragon Fight

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/4e/b533b43270043655583d9185f70136.jpg

Have no idea what I'm doing posting at the forum….but if you click the link there will be a full size image...?

Hi Steve

If you want to add your images as an in line image you need to add that image location url using the Add image tool (the little icon of an image on the tool bar. ^  like this

Also, if you want to get rid of the default issued forum user name you can change it here  https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2015

@Fencepost52

Excellent, I can see your last 2 images fine, good depth.

@Jamahoney:

Also excellent Anaglyph, and now I feel hungry.

@Horo

I like the image but really strugled to see the 3D effect, took me a long time to get it.

mermaid010

Thanks very much.

Some of you have probably seen this image before. It's not a render but the first photo anaglyph I tried.

It's the 3D glasses I use to view 3d Anaglyphs. smiley

3D Glasses.jpg
    700 x 516 - 124K
    edited September 2015

Here's a couple that are renders.

Crane.jpg
    700 x 530 - 138K
    BlackHawk Anaglyph.jpg
    1124 x 469 - 418K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited September 2015

David - Love the cloud and the brightness of the sun. I tried once to do your tutorial on rays, but the result was horrible, nothing like yours. If you are up for the challenge I have a photo of clouds at dusk during extreme bush fires. To tell you the truth I have never seen anything like it before.

Steve - Very nice render. I like the colors

Upps, These are more attempts at Wings 3d tutorial with the end result nothing like the intended object. But I think they look..........mmmhh..... colorful.

rose.jpg
    800 x 800 - 31K
    Post edited by vivien on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited September 2015

Vivien, well I can have a go, I can't make any promises to get it anything like, but I can have a go.  Here's another version using one of your photo's as inspiration.

Sea_island10.jpg
    850 x 850 - 306K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

David - That's absolutely beautiful, I like the way you managed to get the fluffiness on the left hand side and the combining white and yellow cloud in the middle. It looks brilliant. I better get my camera ready to start snapping sky scenes. I'm enjoying seeing your results.

And now for your next instalment. The first 2 are from the bushfire, taken at different times of course. To give you a bit of atmosphere, Imagine very hot night, quite windy. the air filled with the smell of smoke and those thick clouds. A bit of an uncomfortable feeling to say the least.  The third one is just a wonderful way to start the day. Have fun and I look forward to your renders

FIRE 1 SMALL.jpg
    800 x 800 - 128K
    FIRE SMALL.jpg
    800 x 800 - 86K
    PINK SMALL.jpg
    800 x 800 - 131K
    edited September 2015

Stuart- great anaglyphs, the copter is awesome.

Vivien – nice presentation of the Wings 3D objects.

David –very stunning render.

Taking a break from anaglyphs, 3 abstracts using the same Structure Synth object I used previously but this time playing with reflections.

For the 1st I used a reflective cube. (100% reflection only-no diffuse or ambient)

For the 2nd  I used a mirrored cube. (mirror mat from the presets)

For the 3rd  I used the reflective cube, changing the color of the haze and material of the object.

The 4th is posted here to get the link for my siggy.

grinderabstract.jpg
    600 x 600 - 49K
    grinderabstract2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 56K
    grinderabstract3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 45K
    fun3.jpg
    550 x 100 - 20K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thanks very muchmermaid010

Steve - great scene with the dragon.

Stuart - thank you for your patience with the Gremlin's Hall anaglyph. My goggles are not so nice 3D as yours, they came out fine. The tower and the chopper I've seen before but it's a delight to see them again here. They're really good.

Vivien - nice Wings2D object.

David - nice clouds.

Mermaid - you're doing interesting things with that Grinder object that I like but find so difficult to put in scene. You're definitely more successful than me.

Thanks Horo. Just lucky I guess. I had lots of problems exporting the Grinder, Structure Synth crashed many times. The one above (the abstract) is an incomplete export, but it looked cool so I kept it. The one I used for the still is the complete one.

Horo - Thankyou, I don't actually like the 3D glasses I have. They are very curved so they wrap around the face/head but I prefer the more traditional type, more like normal glasses.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2015

Just messin' around... I love doing movie posters... Wish I had some better frogs to use though.

I wish it would put the picture in where you have the cursor, that would be errr... sensible.

jpg
    jpg
    FrogFog.jpg
    FrogFog.jpg
    633 x 1018 - 457K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2015

And as the render challenge has now been completed with the judging over, I can post the whole set of Arthurian renders I worked on after I'd done the render for the challenge.

1: The Sword In The Stone

2: Arthur with Excalibur

3: The Lady of the Lake

4: Merlin sumons the dragon's breath

5: Morgana plots against Arthur

Panels5.jpg
    2030 x 596 - 795K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Mermaid - Interesting abstracts, my favourite is the 2nd one

Dave - Great poster. So well done. Also beautiful presentation on your Arthurian renders collection.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

all the new renders in here are awesome. great work yessmiley

Dave - great poster. The Arthurian collection renders are awesome. Did you add the frames in a 2D program?

Vivien - thanks, thats my fav too smiley

This discussion has been closed.