Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited October 2015

Thanks Vivien, mermaid010 and Horo for your suggestions to my yoga-girl picture.

@Mermaid010: Very good looking landscapes. The water texture of your stormy sea looks great. Have you made it by your own? I'm not so happy with the "islands". The first one on the left side looks well, but the other two are a bit dark. Have you used a stone to great them? Sometimes you have to smooth stones first, in order to show the texture rightly. Though I like the impression that they are overhanging.

@Fishtales: Great pictures. Foreground and background fit very well. Nice fire BTW.

@Horo: Your Icosahedron are perfectly lit. I like particularly the metalic shine of the second one. And your ocean scene with the god's rays (I hope that's the correct english word for it) is outstanding!

@Dave: Thanks for sharing the lunar eclipse photos. Here in the north of Switzerland the lunar eclipsed startet about half past three in the morning. At least I could catch a glimpse. 

@Hansmar: Nice colors.

@Launok: I can only echo what David has already suggested. Export the figure in DAZ3D in the obj format and import it in Bryce. I'm afraid, even this way you will loose sometimes textures, first of all at the eyes. Your problems with the grey head. I had experienced simiar behaviour with a few eye textures. Suddenly the texture changed into a random texture or a grey texture. Afterwards it was impossible to change them back. But this only happend if I had used the DAZ3D-Bryce bridge, not with exporting and importing an Obj file.

I still experimenting with skin. Here my last picture. Mike has lost its way to the beach. TA 64 with a tiny bit of DOF. Light comes from the sun only.

wheresthebeach.jpg
    600 x 799 - 45K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Mermaid - thank you, very nice scene with a rough sea from you. I agree with Hansmar that a bit of light on the rocks would be good.

Fishtales - thank you. Very nice scene, photo backdrop fits in nicely.

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice abstract from you. The background looks like Jupiter.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. It's not actually an ocean rather a "Föhnsturm am Urnersee". Where's the Beach is a very nice render. I don't have the courage to render persons so close up. You did again a great job.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383

Fishtales – thanks, Cool render the background fits in well.

Hansmar – thanks for the tip about the light. Love the abstract especially the colors and reflection.

Electro-Elvis – thanks; yes I used Bryce stones. No, the sea material is from David. In this particular render I was concentrating more on getting the splashes and the waves correct, bad habit overlooking other elements in a scene. blush  Cool render – Mike has that searching look,yes

Horo- thanks, I’ll add a light and see what happens.

Another landscape this time playing with David’s file to get a different mood.

w14.jpg
    800 x 400 - 34K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited October 2015

I decided to re-do the Griffin render with a different HDRI, daylight instead of night, and turned the sun up.

Click on image for full size.

griffin-camp-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 635K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2015

Electro_Elvis, very nice light you've achieved in your skin experiment, as a thumbnail it looks almost like a photograph which is what I consider a good guide as to overall lighting.  Skin is one of the most difficult of things to achieve without sub-surface scattering.  I think you do well to chose this kind of hard lighting, it seems to have worked very well.

Mermaid, super remix of the sky, a highly plausable atmospheric effect you have achieved.

Fishtales, a good blend of image and render, the shadow intensites seems to match well, the fire is perhaps a bit "solid" looking.

I've not got much further than tinkering with materail effects, still trying to achieve subtle SSS without letting any light into the surface.  Here the ambient is controlled slightly by curvature, to make bits of the model that stick out a bit lighter (trying to simulate the effect of light getting into them from more exposed angles).  Render time is still around the 30 minutes mark, so not a quick effect.

Porcelain_dragon1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 132K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited October 2015

Hi, all!  Sorry I haven't been able to be on lately. Work has been kicking my butt. sad

I don't have the time to comment on everybody's work, so I'll give a "Global" Great Job! yes

Mermaidawesome Anaglyphs, are you using Horo’s and David’s True 3D rendering?

Thanks, mermaid.  Yes, that's exactly what I use for my anaglyphs.

Running low on creativity so I converted another previously rendered scene to an anaglyph and made an attempt with subsurface scattering for a "gel" or plastic material.

BonVoyage_ALS.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Fuzzy5_bonus3V2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 244K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Some nice works here, as usual...too many to comment on.

Playing around with rain (below)...made from simple rain maps transferred into terrains etc.

Title: Manhattan Downpower.

Jay

ManhattanDownpower1.jpg
    1100 x 595 - 979K

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Dave -  Great capture of the Super Moon Lunar Eclipse, and nicely presented as well

Horo - Beautiful Icosahedron, I like the combination of shine and mat of the first one. And great sunset scene.

Mermaid - I like your stormy sea, the foreground is very well done. And the second post is really nice I like the ambience it creates

Fishtales - Lovely  render. The background suits it quite well...... The second is much better with the lighting.

Hansmar - Interesting abstract

Electro-Elvis -  I really like what you've done with Mike's skin.

David - Very nice dragon material indeed ... Almost like white jade.

Jay -  Good looking scene.... perhaps the rain a bit too visible.

Mermaid - thank you. Beautiful mood on this lake.

Fishtails - even better now.

David - the dragon looks great. I agree with vivien, like jade.

Fencepost - anaglyph works fine for me. The objects is great.

Jamahoney - very interesting method to create rain. Very saturated image, I like the unnatural look very much.

Vivien - thank you.

"perhaps the rain a bit too visible."

Yeah, Vivien, but, heh he...trust me, it sometimes rains like this where I live wink

Cheers, Horo, the nighttime scene demanded a lot of lights, so I suppose that's the over-saturation issue. Btw, the 'ghost-like' edge to the car (on right of image, and created by a transparent copy of the car body moved diagonally off a bit), I found, suggested movement, if not a misty feel to the wet scene, too. A good technique to bear in mind for anyone wanting to avoid those static works we sometimes create.

Jay

Fishtales - the 2nd render looks much better.

David - thanks, the Dragon is awesome.

Art- the still is beautiful and anaglyph works for me.

Vivien - thanks

Jay - nice scene, interesting method using the terrains for rain.

Horo - thanks

edited October 2015

Here's a simple landscape I've been working at today, and an anaglyph of the same scene.

Crescent Lake

Crescent Lake anaglyph

CrescentLake.jpg
    800 x 472 - 113K
    CrescentLakeAna.jpg
    800 x 472 - 137K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - the landscape is nice, the anaglyph works for me.

Cheers, Mermaid...using rain maps is sort of a long workaround - I just couldn't get the rain mats to work for me.

Nice one, Horo...the lake stands out well in the anaglyph.

Jay

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited October 2015

Still on the theme of ceramics and fruit...

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Normal AA. 42 Time 4:28:47.
    Lighting: Dome Light, Spotlight.
    Modeling: Bryce, Sculptris, Wings 3D.
    File size 6.27 MB.
    Image size 1200x960.

The original size on my gallery.

Керамика и фрукты.jpg
    1290 x 1050 - 389K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@Electro-elvis, Horo, Mermaid and Vivien: thanks.

@mermaid010: Great terrain (seascape)

@Fishtales: I like this lighter version better.

@David Brinnen: Great looking texture on the dragon.

@Fencepost52: Texture on the object looks good to me!

@Jamahoney: Wonderful night scene. The first car and the fantastic rain really make this special (next to the colours).

@Horo: Nice terrain,

@Slepalex: Wonderful photo.... I mean, render! Fruit, ceramics, all look very realistic. And the curtain looks very good too. I love the partial transparency in the curtain, giving it a very realistic view.

I experimented again with volumetric textures. I made a box with a texture and. lo and behold, something similar to a dandalion appeared. I remade it with a cube obj (even I can model that in Hexagon) and plant stems and leaves (Hexagon again). Did a lot of instancing and made this view. Tried HDR from the sky, but there were many white or black dots destroying part of the render. True ambience was too slow for my taste, so I used super-AA, the sun and a distant fill light.

dandelions.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

Hansmar said:

I experimented again with volumetric textures. I made a box with a texture and. lo and behold, something similar to a dandalion appeared. I remade it with a cube obj (even I can model that in Hexagon) and plant stems and leaves (Hexagon again). Did a lot of instancing and made this view. Tried HDR from the sky, but there were many white or black dots destroying part of the render. True ambience was too slow for my taste, so I used super-AA, the sun and a distant fill light.

Hans, an interesting experiment with volumetric texture to the leaves. I love this kind of experiments!

edited October 2015

Mermaid - thank you.

Jamahoney - thank you.

Slepalex - outstanding still life, again.

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice flower field. There are many things that can be done in volumetrics but the render time can be prohibitive.

A tetra-twisted-loop cube with different funky metals applied to all eight parts. In the centre is a a radial. The main light and specular is from the IBLg_LA HDRI. Rendered premium with soft IBL shadows at quality 64 and 9 rpp.

Coloured Loops

ColouredLoops.jpg
    600 x 600 - 82K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited October 2015

Super still-life, Slepalex...fruit and acccoutrements (and their mats etc.,) all look very natural.

Cheers, Hansmar...and love the dandalion study...the colours in the sky complement very nicely the green and blues.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited October 2015

Another still life. At this time, I "hooked" on the still life as on drugs. :-)
    A little worked with lighting and materials.

The light from the window.

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Normal AA, time 3:36:59.
    Lighting: Dome Light, Spotlight.
    Modeling: Bryce, Wings 3D, Sculptris.
    File size 3.52 MB.

Свет из окна.jpg
    1590 x 1050 - 355K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Horo -  Lovely terrain, the texture of the rock with its golden tones looks really nice.... And the twisted loop truly looks funky.... I like it

Slepalex - Fantastic still life renders. the materials are so true to life is unbelievable. Intrigued how you can get the segment of the lemons looking perfect. I can almost see the juice in it.

Hansmar - Very nice experiment. They do look like dandelions

vivien said:

Slepalex - Fantastic still life renders. the materials are so true to life is unbelievable. Intrigued how you can get the segment of the lemons looking perfect. I can almost see the juice in it.

Thank you. I just cut half of lemon on the grid in Wings 3D. This can be done in Bryce too.

• Highly accomplished still lifes Alexy, a great acheivement to create such edible looking fruits.

I enjoyed the other experiments on show, in particular those that make use of my 3D glasses.

In the mean time I've been tinkering away at some experiments of my own.

Here's a description of the materials shown.

Standard ambient

and a Hyper driven ambient.

Standard reflection

and a Transparency generated reflection

And then the two scenes.  The first on the left shows a standard reflecting sphere and bunny (from the Stanford scanning respoistory - converted by Horo).  Lit with HDRI made from the Bryce sky and reflecting four Bryce cubes in the sky that are lit with standard ambient.  On the right, is the transparency generated reflection materials applied to sphere and bunny.  Notice that this approach to reflection produces freznel effect in that grazing angles reflect more light into the camera than those perpendicular.

The last scene is the same as before but uses a hypertexture to overdrive the ambient response of the cubes.  Although directly observed they look no brighter than before, the boosted effect is appent in the reflective materials.

std_amb1.jpg
    650 x 518 - 130K
    Hyp_amb1.jpg
    662 x 532 - 135K
    Std_reflect1.jpg
    651 x 523 - 131K
    Trans_reflect1.jpg
    663 x 527 - 130K
    Hyper_test1_no_hyper.jpg
    850 x 850 - 164K
    Hyper_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 171K
  • kootenay_photoskootenay_photos Posts: 3
    edited October 2015

Hi... this is my first post here after following David's 'wings3D to render to postworks' tutorial video...

I'm looking forward to experimenting with HDRI lighting in Bryce & creating more sculpts using Wings 3D.

Brent

wings_hdri_3_kootenaynaturephotos.jpg
    1200 x 857 - 252K
    Post edited by kootenay_photos on

Slepalex – both renders are outstandingly beautiful.

Hansmar – thanks. Beautiful render, I love it. You are getting great results with your experiments.

Horo – that’s one awesome cube.

David –I like the reflections on the 2nd image.

Brent – Welcome to the forum, beautiful still render. David’s tutorials are awesome so are the ones by Horo on Lighting.

After seeing Slepalex’s stills, I feel shy to post my humble attempt. All the fruits are freebies.

still2-porcelain-david.jpg
    600 x 375 - 29K
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 399

Ice Mercedes       An imported mesh

Ice Roads01.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 700K

Slepalex - another beautiful still life.

Vivien - thank you.

David - great results, need to experiment as well.

kootenay_photos - welcome to Bryce and this forum. Great shape and beautifully presented.

Mermaid - thank you. Very nice still life, not yet as good as Alex's, but you're on your way.

S Ray - nice car render.

• kootenay_photoskootenay_photos Posts: 3
    edited October 2015

Thank you both for your welcome. I see this is the place to be if I want to improve my Bryce skills. There are a lot of talented artists here.

I created this image after watching David's 'creating an abstract pattern with super reflection' tutorial...

ab_super_reflect_3_kootenaynaturephotos.jpg
    1200 x 724 - 378K
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.