Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• @electro-elvis - Thank you. I'm still tweeking, so I'll see about softening the shaodws. Unfortunately, replacing the crane with a dragonfly was out of necessity. I found out at the end that I didn't have a crane model (or even a bird model of any sort), and the only thing I have that flies aside from a dragon is the dragonfly.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

kootenay_photos - thank you. Beautiful  render of yours, looks a bit like a jewel.

Electro-Elvis - very nice scene.

launok - your project gets along nicely. The black shadows show that you don't use (evil) ambient and no sky dome, which I think is very good. However, a bit of fill light would improve the result or go TA as Electro-Elvis suggests.

dragonfall1221 - beautiful, you're really very close to the original.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@kootenay_photos: Very nice render of this object.

@Electro-Elvis: Nice waterscape. Must be difficult to go ashore there!

@launok: Nice shop indeed. but you need to play with lights. Just try all kinds of options and lights and see what they do. Or look at some tutorials by e.g. Horo or David Brinnen.

@dragonfall1221: Great work! Some time ago, I did refer to a free set of birds. They come in as one group, but you can save all of them seperately as objects and then just use one you like. Also, there are several sets of poseable birds at http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm .

I was inspired by David Brinnen and Horo and made some panoramic renders too. Just one box, one sphere, a cube fill light and an HDRI for IBL. Two results by turning the camera to point forward or upward.

modern egypt.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 975K
    machine to another dimension.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 900K
    edited October 2015

I did it again! somehow I repeated my comment without wanting too. Sorry!

Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited October 2015

And yet another time. I don't seem to get to grips with this software. And why is there no 'delete comment' button???

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited October 2015

Hansmar - Thank you... Nice abstract using David's  reflection.

Mermaid - Great results using David's reflective tutorial.... I like the colors and the design of the second one  the best. Also your wings object are quite nice.

David and Horo - As soon as I saw your panoramic reflection it reminded me of one of my old apo 3d fractals (posted bellow ) which I always wanted to replicate in Bryce.  The result of your experiment looks great.

Horo and Slepalex...... The materials look so natural..... Beautiful selection

Launok - Very nice render of the puppets. And I see you have brought the latest fashion to your shop... Very well done.... I'm no good with lighting so I can't help there.

Kootenay-photos - Thank you. Your wings 3d object looks really nice. Almost like a rough diamond.

Electro -Elvis.- Such a serene scene.....Beautiful

Dragonfall - Fantastic take on the painting.... I had a look at the original (thank you Jay for the link)... The painting has come alive.

Playing with lights and textures...... I wanted a dark room representing maybe a castle's patio.... Maybe it is a bit too dark.

Apophysis-110327-74.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 944K
    the patio.jpg
    800 x 800 - 50K
    Post edited by vivien on
    edited October 2015

Hansmar - the abstract virus got you, too. Great golden coulours.

Vivien - Dark room came out quite nice. Now make it a bit darker but put lights in the lamps - just a suggestion. The Apophysis abstract is very nice, great contrast and shadow patterns.

Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Yeah, love castle interiors, Vivien, and agree with Horo having some, say, warm-coloured lighting, which, perhaps, would cast some nice shadows, too.

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383

Horo – beautiful render, love the tree reflection, something new to try. smiley

Slepalex – great renders with the different metals.

Launok- very nice renders – the ventriloquest and the store.

Hansmar – thanks, lovely abstracts

Kootenay_photos – thanks, your Wings object is beautiful,

Electro-Elvis- lovely render

Dragonfall – wow awesome

Vivien – thanks. Lovely castle interior, love the abstract too.

My take on David’s panorama reflections same setting and Hdri one uses the cube and the second a torus.

reflections4.jpg
    1333 x 750 - 289K
    reflections4b.jpg
    1333 x 750 - 79K
    edited October 2015

Mermaid - thank you. Great abstracts, did you use Golden lighting?

I've been experimenting a bit with light gels. There are some interesting possibilities. While at it, I also looked a bit closer how the distant light can be controlled. I put the results in a 6 page pdf and have it on my website under Bryce Documents > Mine > Light > Parallel Gel Light. Here is the direct link: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/ParallelGelLight.pdf

Mask Renders

MaskRender.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 105K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

Mermaid - thank you. Great abstracts, did you use Golden lighting?

I've been experimenting a bit with light gels. There are some interesting possibilities. While at it, I also looked a bit closer how the distant light can be controlled. I put the results in a 6 page pdf and have it on my website under Bryce Documents > Mine > Light > Parallel Gel Light. Here is the direct link: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/ParallelGelLight.pdf

Thank you, Horo. I have a few lessons from you in PDF. Unfortunately my knowledge of the English language does not allow me to enjoy the subtle nuances of lessons. I can not copy the text and paste it into an online translator, as PDF files are copy-protected. If you have the opportunity to send me the file is not copy-protected, or in the format *.doc, I will be very grateful.

@vivien: Thanks. I also agree on the very nice interior scene that could be a bit darker.

@Horo: Thanks. Indeed very ill with abstract virus! You're trees are spectacular. Like embossing.

@mermaid010: Thank you. I really love your first render. Like cells of some organism, or maybe an autumn leave.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2015

Super experiments, renders and compositions everyone... And welcome to some new faces... Keep 'em coming.

And Happy Halloween with this render using 2 Samdi models exported from Poser and some of the material tweaked in Bryce, then rendered with a bit of HDRI, two radial lights (one white and the other slightly blue). TA, Soft Shadows, Depth of Field, 64RPP - One and a half hours to render.

jpg
    jpg
    VooDooDolls.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    VooDooDolls.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    VooDooDolls.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    VooDooDolls.jpg
    VooDooDolls.jpg
    975 x 975 - 540K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 793

Just a quick render where I have used a ventriloquest mask cutted out in 3DS Max by Fil from Deviantart.  He has much more experience to do this.  Genesis character and Fil's puppet also used in the render.

Laura

GENESIS 1 WITH VENTRILOQUEST MASK 1.JPG
    1360 x 768 - 172K

Slepalex - you are right, I didn't think about translating stuff. I made transcripts for several videos for the hearing impaired. Today, I created pure text files without pictures from most of the PDFs that can be used for machine-translating. Next to the link for the PDF there is now an additional link: Text only. You'll need the PDF for the pictures.

Hansmar - thank you.

Dave - looks great. Models that don't need SSS for a change laugh

Launok - looks good

Horo- Thanks yes the Hdri is from the Golden Lighting Love your new renders, nice embossing effect.

Hansmar - Thanks

Dave - very nice models and render.

Launok - looks nice

edited October 2015

Surprised we haven't seen more 'Ween works this year around, except for Dave's...very nice.

Been playing around with interiors, got bored, and finished it as below. Title: 'Sigh...bills, bills...ooooh, birthday' cheeky

Jay

PS. Thanks to the modellers and their free models attained from here (Archive 3D).

BillsAndBirthday.jpg
    1307 x 858 - 755K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited November 2015

Mermaid - Nice abstracts. Like the tones

Horo - Excellent trees.... Very effective indeed

Dave - Although cruel, I just love the models

Launok - Seeing your render reminds me of a comedy sketch  I enjoyed a great deal, when the ventriloquist place a mask on an unsuspecting member of the audience.  Nice work

Jay - Nice interior. well put together.

Following the suggestion of a number of you here is the update of the castle's patio.....Thank you...... you are all correct.

patio.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 62K
    Post edited by vivien on

@Dave Savage: Violence in the forums! Very well made scene.

@launok: I'd say a weird look, but well done.

@Jamahoney: Nice scene. Great raincoat and wonderful staircase. Great idea with the silhouette. I do find that the light is maybe a bit too much (a bit harsh). I would have preferred a little darker for an indoors scene like this.

@vivien: Oh yes, that looks very good!

• @hansmar - Thank you for the heads up on the models! I could stare at your abstract for hours.

@vivien - Thank you! I like your patio. The textures are lovely. I dont think it's too dark, but I can't tell which direction the light is coming from. Looks like it's coming straight down through the ceiling. Maybe try putting a light parallel to the room, so the light filters into it as it fades?

@mermaid0101 - Thanks! You reflections4 looks like xylem and phloem. Very cool.

@horo - Thank you! And thank you for the indepth explanation of light gels. I may actually be brave and try to use them now :)

@davesavage - your render always make me chuckle. Vengeful voodoo dools have to be handful.

@vivien - very nice changes to the lighting.

@lanouk - interesting. Are you planning on doing more?

@jamahoney - ahhh, mail call. great setup. I love the cat just watching like 'the door is spitting out paper!'

• dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited November 2015

Okay, I did a few tweaks based on some suggestions. I lightened and softened the shadows a little bit and changed the ambient lighting. I also managed to make a crane! Well, sorta made a crane. The head and body were modeled in Sculptris (I am so working towards a penpad for Christmas), the wings are Malik's the tail is snatched from the Midnight Bird set, and the feet are from Lynes free birds. Thank you again Hansmar for the heads up!

mandala 4.png
    600 x 678 - 1M
    Post edited by dragonfall1221 on

Mermaid - thank you.

Jamahoney - nice interior.

Vivien - the lights are a nice addition.

dragonfall1221 - great! Better than the original (well, the quality). I never have the courage to re-create an existing image. My experience: trying and failing.

Much better, Vivien.

Cheers, Hansmar...and on the light issue...jeez, don't get me going, as it was so hard to achieve. I think that's why I got bored with the work crying

Thanks, Dragonfall1221...the cat was an afterthought, but a barking dog instead might have been appropriate - dogs and postpersons are sworn enemies, I've heard wink Btw, the crane is super - I initially thought the bird in the original painting was a stork - in reference to the lovers, and, perhaps, hint of a baby etc.

Cheers, Horo...interiors can be so rewarding, but so frustrating, too.

Jay

edited November 2015

Jay – beautiful interior.

Vivien – thanks. The castle is nicely lit, love it.

Dragonfall- thanks. Great render, awesome

Playing with Abstracts again using reflections on spheres and tori – 1st viewed through the Director’s Camera and the 2nd from the Perspective Camera

abstract009b-directors.jpg
    600 x 600 - 42K
    abstract009-perspective.jpg
    600 x 600 - 215K
    abstract010.jpg
    600 x 600 - 58K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

Beautiful renders everyone, This scene was set up using one of David's tut's, And post work in Paint Shop.

Interstellar Overdrive.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 394K
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

This scene was done using Horos tut on terrain stacking, No postwork here, Three stacked terrains with diffrent materials applied,one terrain set at planatery resoulution, 50 or 60 of my favourite Bryce trees ( Speacial Austrian Pine ) a volumetric cloud slab and i used the Bryce sky as an HDRI, This render clocked in at a whopping 60 hours, Not sure why, i made sure to exclude the voulume slab from the HDRI , could be a combination of the things i used or just that my PC is getting old now.

Sierra.jpg
    1458 x 845 - 1M

@dragonfall1221: Thanks; and you're welcome, of course. You're scene really looks good now (it already did, of course).

@Jamahoney: Sorry if I touched a sore spot there wink

@mermaid010: Great bubble abstracts. I like the last one best, thanks to the colours.

@STKydd: Great space scene!  And it's a wonderful landscape too.

edited November 2015

Mermaid - interesting abstracts, the greenish one is particularly good.

STKydd - always nice to see you here. Nice space scene. Great terrain work and the trees look really good. Not sure why it took so long to render. Perhaps the tree foliage has some transparency.

I've been experimenting with displacement. It isn't as bad as I thought. Just keep render priority at Low when you set up displacement. And when you load a saved scene with displacement make sure to set render priority to Low before you load it, else Bryce may crash. For rendering, Normal or High priority can be engaged. Here is a sphere displaced with a texture I made a while ago. PHT amplified specular and a bit of transparency for the radial that is behind the displaced sphere. The BokehWood HDRI provides reflection, specular and light. Renders in normal priority as 1600 x 1600 px in under 12 minutes.

Facetted Lens

FacettedLens.jpg
    800 x 800 - 113K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2015

Horo, that looks extremely good. With displacement without issues? Wow, have to try.

But I did try another Panorama and reflection / abstract. I call it 'billiart in the mist'.

billiart in the mist.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 173K
This discussion has been closed.