Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383
    edited October 2015

Tim - thanks for the link. I haven't reserved Windows 10, but the KB3035583 was installed, which I uninstalled. So far no notification and the laptop is working without any problems. I also chnaged the Windows Auto Update to check for updates and let me chose.... Thanks once again.

Vivien and Horo - Thanks to both. I'm still playing but uploading most to my Abstract Board on Pinterest.

Vivien - you got a very interesting design in your last render, awesome.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

realy nice abstract renders smiley ....great work

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    edited October 2015
    sriesch said:
    Hansmar said:

Unfortunately, somehow my scene with volumetric made flowers crashed and it won't open in Bryce anymore. It opens to 99% and then Bryce crashes! I lost it all! I did not even save a simple first version (stupid, stupid, stupid). Have to do it again.....

sriesch said:

A long shot:  Are you using Large Address Aware already?  If not, you could try installing it to see if that's what it takes to get your scene open again.  That may not help in any way, but then again it might.

Yep, I am using LAA. I think there is something else than the memory size, but I don't know what.

Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar – don’t feel bad, most of the time I forget to save too, the bright side - more practise when redoing a scene,  wink

Thanks for the positive words. Still, it is a pity not to have the nice texture anymore! 

@vivien: very nice abstracts!

@Horo: Both are great!

@mermaid010: your abstracts are also wonderful. The first one looks like a weird record player.

Hansmar said:

Hansmar – don’t feel bad, most of the time I forget to save too, the bright side - more practise when redoing a scene,  wink

Thanks for the positive words. Still, it is a pity not to have the nice texture anymore! 

Yes it is a pity, getting nice textures is very time-consuming. Maybe you will come up with something better. smiley There is a lesson in this for us all - save, save and save.

Thanks for your comments on my abstracts

Last three abstracts from me, for the 1st one I used a 2D disk as the object and the 3rd I tried Horo's method with 2 planes.  I posted the others here: https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/bryce-3d-abstracts/

hypermirror5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 66K
    hypermirror6.jpg
    600 x 600 - 48K
    hypermirror4b.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K

@mermaid010: Of course you are right. We keep learning! And wonderful abstracts again. I like the second on best. Like a close-up of some robot insect head!

Thanks Hansmar

Stills of Wings 3D objects using elements from Horo’s and David’s new product.

http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-environments-inclement-weather

w15.jpg
    650 x 650 - 67K
    w19a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 48K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2015

Since you seem to have had quite a bit of fun with reflections, here's another little experiment.

First is the result (rendered 360 panoramic).  Second shows the material setup (same scale used for both texture components).  Three and four are textures for channel A and B.  Fifth is the wireframe and the last the sky.  Though any sky will do I chose to use a HDRI by Horo because I liked the colours.

Reflection_by_distanceO1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 849K
    Mat_RbDo.jpg
    729 x 550 - 157K
    TA_RbDo.jpg
    1053 x 587 - 138K
    TB_RbDo.jpg
    1015 x 584 - 133K
    Wireframe_RbDo.jpg
    582 x 450 - 135K
    Sky_RbDo.jpg
    673 x 587 - 179K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited October 2015

Another addictive idea. Move the camera a bit within the cube, change max ray depth, play with mapping mode, without changing the HDRI you get new and new and new patterns and results. Which one of all those is the best?

Abstact

Abstract

Mermaid: nice abstracts from you.

Abstract_10.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 371K
    Abstract_11.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 392K
    Post edited by Horo on

Awesome Abstracts David and Horo. smiley

David - thanks for the screenshots.yes

Horo - thanks for the comment.

edited October 2015

Mermaid - thank you.

Experiment with light. The vase has a brass material, the brick wall and the floor materials I made years ago. Ambient light is from the WhiteSphere HDRI, I could have used a dome light. The main light is a spot with edge softness and a gel (or cookie, or gobo) from the library (barren winter tree).

Brass Vase

BrassVase.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 175K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Horo said:

Mermaid - thank you.

Experiment with light. The vase has a brass material, the brick wall and the floor materials I made years ago. Ambient light is from the WhiteSphere HDRI, I could have used a dome light. The main light is a spot with edge softness and a gel (or cookie, or gobo) from the library (barren winter tree).

Good light, Horo. However, brass is more similar to clay. :-)

edited October 2015

We are talking about metals? They, too, I have.
    This aluminum?

Aluminum.jpg
    840 x 630 - 94K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited October 2015

This is probably the bronze?

бронза.jpg
    800 x 640 - 107K
    бронза2.jpg
    800 x 640 - 120K
    edited October 2015

This is patinated bronze?

patinated bronze v4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
    edited October 2015

Do you think it looks like a brass?

Латунь.jpg
    800 x 640 - 110K
  • MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited October 2015
    Tim82 said:

@ Milo, thank you smiley ...tutorial series ? ....I do not think i am anywhere near good enough to tutor any one about bryce, i am happy to try my best and answer any questions you may have though smiley

Just remember that it is good work and some can always learn from your experience, helps them move forward as you continue to grow, and find things that help you move forward.  Its all relative! Still great work (sorry for the delayed reply not sure why either I missed the notice or it burped and I didn't get it)

Post edited by Milo on
    edited October 2015

Slepalex - thank you. Yes, I took a glassware vase and just wanted it to look different. Clay would have worked as well but I wanted something that exhibits some gloss. The aim was lighting.

Very nice metals from you. The first aluminium looks more like pewter to me, but it very much depends on how it is polished and lit. Brass looks a bit green to me but then, not all brass looks like a trumpet.

Below some metals I found in my household: brass vase, pewter jug and cup, copper and silver jar.

Pots

pots.jpg
    1556 x 640 - 185K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 793

Another render of a ventriloquest puppet.  This puppet's body however, is made by Fil from Deviantart in 3ds Max.  He also used the head I used in my previous render uploaded some time back here.

Capture - DOLL BY FIL.JPG
    1360 x 768 - 147K

@mermaid010: nice renders of strange items.

@David Brinnen and Horo: Yes, reflections and changes of camera settings (or HDRI, or texture or position or.....) will keep us happy for a long time.

@Horo: I agree with Slepalex: your brass did not really look like brass to me. Your last set of metals (photo's aren't they?) are nice references.

@Slepalex: Wonderful textures. I really like them!

@launok: very nice render of this ventriloquest puppet and it's player. The English (or American?) word is so much nicer than the Dutch one, which would be 'belly speaker puppet' if translated directly. I guess in German something similar (Horo?)

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, ventriloquest translates in German the same as in Dutch, though "Bauchredner" doesn't sound as bad as "belly speaker" does.

• kootenay_photoskootenay_photos Posts: 3
    edited October 2015

Thank you all for your comments & your inspirational work...

vivien - I like your multireplicating torus & would like to do something similar.

mermaid010 - your hypermirror stuff is interesting.

David & Horo - I like your reflection experiments.

Slepalex - those are great textures.

This render is the result of following David's '4 minute Wings 3D Shell Extrude profect' video (without smoothing the object)...

shell_extrude_1_kootenaynaturephotos.jpg
    1200 x 832 - 289K
    Post edited by kootenay_photos on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited October 2015

Impressive renders here

This is my last render. After a lot of skin renders I thouhgt I make a step back (or further) to the things Bryce can do well: Landscape. Hope you like it. Rendered with IBL. Rendertime about 10 minutes. The rowing boat is from sharecg. 

fisherman_1200.jpg
    1200 x 693 - 526K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited October 2015

Some time back I have shared a Bryce scene with my own built fashion shop made in SketchUp.  I have made interior scenes.  All the props are from SketchUp Warehouse with Genesis Female character.  But to use the rotation inside the scene for different views is quite hard and the lighting is just awfull. I really need to learn more about this.

launok fashion shop interior 1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 523K
    launok fashion shop2.jpg
    960 x 452 - 56K
    launok fashion shop3.jpg
    960 x 452 - 79K
    Post edited by launok on
  • dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
    edited October 2015

Hi! I've been working on 3D'ing one of my favorite paintings: The Lovers, by Chris Achilleos.

mandala 3.png
    600 x 678 - 1M
    Post edited by dragonfall1221 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Wonderful result, dragonfall1221 (for those interested, a poor version of the original can be seen here). Never knew of this artist, even though have indirectly seen his works re: posters and book covers etc., in the past.

Jay

• @dragonfall1221: Very well done. Maybe the shadows are a bit too hard. Interesting that you replaced the bird (@Jamahoney: thanks for the link to the original)  with a dragonfly

@launok: Your shop looks great. But I agree with you the lighting could be improved. It seems you are using the Bryce sun. Give the Cube Fill Light a try. It is not that difficult to use. As long as the Cube Fill Light is smaller than the room itself everything should be fine. BTW your ventriloquest scene also looks very well. If you are not quite happy with the skin try True Ambience. It immediatly makes the skin looking good. BTW generally speaking True Ambience is the best  and easiest methode to improve the skin of DAZ3D figures dramatically.

@kootenay_photos: Well done.

• @Jamahoney - Thank you! And thanks for providing a link to the original.

This discussion has been closed.