Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383

STKydd - both renders are awesome

Horo - thanks. Interesting experiment, lovely render

Hansmar - thanks, love your reflections/abstract

Revisited David's http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials/volumetric-cloud-tutorial-1.html and with the help of a file Dave shared with me, another cloud render smiley

clouds001.jpg
    650 x 650 - 53K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2015

The modo Bathysphere model I did the other week has appeared so I thought it was time to do a little test.  It seems that using the bridge from DS to Bryce now perserves the subdivision mesh data - I didn't think it did that - so I don't know if that has been fixed or my memory has gone faulty.  Anyway, it is good news for figures, which also using subdivision meshes, it should mean they now look smoother.  But... there will be a price to pay in memory.

http://www.daz3d.com/underwater-bathysphere - free at the moment to PC members.

And for the underwateryness this from Horo and me was used http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-environments-beneath-the-waves

I've seen plenty of exciting and interesting renders in passing, but I've had my nose to the grindstone and I shall get back to my chores now.

Mid_slow_bsy1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 386K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2015

Just playing.

I made the pencil and pencil sharpener a few years ago... Updated the pencils tonight with a set of colouring in ones.

Pencils.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 314K
    PencilsALT.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 247K
    Colour-Pencils.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 381K
    Colour-PencilsALT.jpg
    969 x 767 - 670K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    edited November 2015

@David Brinnen: Great render. Hope your chores do not keep you away from Bryce for a long time!

@Dave Savage: pencils and sharpener look very great!

And since you all love an abstract.... (well, actually, since I love them so much) here is another abstract from me. I modified another abstract, changed one sphere into a symmetrical lattice and one into a stone. Used a stone (reflective and partially transparent) around everything, a cubic fill light and hugowolfpark2_s.hdr as IBL for lights. Regular AA for this render.

I call it 'Fishy'

Fishy.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Great prodcut pencil shots Dave, the PCB coppery texture is nice too.

Abstracts are fun and addictive, but I find it hard to think of anything to say about them because I don't know what they mean.  But they are still good to look at Hansmar.

Been unproductive on the chores front.  Got distracted by an idea to try and create a snow effect using volumetric materials.  I'm not convinced, it still looks like low cloud to me.  But this is as far as I got with that idea.

Soft_snow_effect4c.jpg
    850 x 850 - 368K
    edited November 2015

Great prodcut pencil shots Dave, the PCB coppery texture is nice too.

It's one of yours David. laugh

I see what you mean about the snow... But I'm not sure if that n'y because you pointed it out first.

Here's my latest... relevant for today.

Poppies.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 253K

@David Brinnen: I agree with you: it is very difficult to assess abstracts. I have the same issue making them (either in paint of 3D): when am I happy and why? I like the attempt at snow, but indeed: maybe a bit more low clouds. Perhaps it is because of the 'waves' that we see? A snow deck is less bumpy, but follows the countours of a terrain. If there is anyone that can find the solution to this issue, I guess it is you!

@Dave Savage: That is an incredible render! Just like a real photo. Very well done!

David- cool renders both the underwater and the snow

Dave – awesome renders – all very photorealistic

Hansmar – Love the “fishy” abstract.

Doing a winter cleaning of my files I found a Word Doc which I saved a very long time ago – Dave’s explanation on how he did the Etch text on the Wilkinson Blade he modeled. Here’s my take on it. Lit by one of Horo’s Hdris. Thanks Dave.

etchedtextbryce.jpg
    600 x 375 - 37K
    edited November 2015

Thanks Hansmar and Mermaid.

That etched metal is looking good... I'd forgotten about those renders. Here they are again to refresh people's memory (including my own) laugh.

RazorBlade1.jpg
    960 x 600 - 130K
    RazorBlade2.jpg
    960 x 600 - 45K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited November 2015

hansmar - Thanks for your comments. Nice abstracts

Dragonfall - The addition of the crane to the lovers looks good. And I'll keep parallel light in mind next time I'm trying to light up a dark room.

Horo - Thank you for the suggestion of lighting

Jay - Thank you

Mermaid - Thanks.... Nice reflective abstracts. I like the green one. And I think the second blue one would really stand out with more lighting. Also beautiful terrain and cloud scene. Great Bryce 3D sign, the metal looks really good.

STKydd - Beautiful renders..... The materials of the stack terrain look very nice.

Horo - Don't really understand what you mean by displacement..... Although I love what I see

David - Great work on your modo model....Very detailed.. As for the snow, although I like the way it looks now. I'm sure I'm going to like it even more by the time you are content with the result.

Dave - Fabulous renders.....So realistic and vibrant..... What program did you use to model the pencils.

Post edited by vivien on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited November 2015

Playing around with more multireplication and metal

Your reply Dave just crossed with this post...... I'm really impressed with your Bryce modeling talent.

twist1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 47K
    Post edited by vivien on
    vivien said:
    Dave - Fabulous renders.....So realistic and vibrant..... What program did you use to model the pencils.

Thanks smiley

The pencils, pencil sharpener and razor blades were all modeled in Bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Hansmar - thank you. Your 'billiart in the mist' looks great. I also like the abstract with the orange terrain. 
    Displacement works fine. Just set render priority to low when you fiddle with displacement. You can render with normal and high priority. Just before you load a scene using displacement, set priority to low and then load the scene, otherwise, Bryce may crash.

mermaid010 - great terrain and clouds above. Edge text looks very good and what it sais is true.

David - great bathysphere model, reminds me of the one you made as Nibor in Bryce 5.5. Snow looks like having been there for a week and had melted in the sunshine and then got cold again over some period of time. When I see such snowfields, I think of "old" snow.

Dave - pencils look impeccable, sharpener as well. Flowers look lovely. Razor blades look very realistic.

Vivien - great multi-replication results; there was some planning ahead, I think. Displacement is changing the geometry of an object by a texture.

edited November 2015

Dave- Thanks

Vivien – Thanks, very nice multi-replicated objects, I especially like shape of the black one.

Horo – Thanks

Playing with Hdris and 360 panorama– a render using the Lake Hdri, I like the result.

lake-360.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 355K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited November 2015

Mermaid - nice result. There's haze on, isn't it? Believe it or not, not an hour ago I walked from left to right, though there were less leaves on the trees, the reed not green but brown and the sun was lower and more to the right.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Just a short "Bryceling". 

BTW I would be glad, if somehow can show me the post, that explains how to get a picture with the real size of the attached picture directly into the post. As Vivien made it here in her last post. Thanks in advance.

anderkueste.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 630K
    edited November 2015

Just a short "Bryceling". 

BTW I would be glad, if somehow can show me the post, that explains how to get a picture with the real size of the attached picture directly into the post. As Vivien made it here in her last post. Thanks in advance.

If you right click on your (attached) image you have the option to "Copy the image URL".  (you have to attach it first I believe - you cannot bypass tha step)

Then edit your post (gear on the top right)

And then, on the little menu bar, click on the icon that is two mountains with a small square floating over it.  And this gives a dialogue into which you can "Paste image URL".

That's it I think...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2015

You forgot one step David   Click on the thumbnail to make it a full size image

Right click on the full size image to get the image location.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Horo said:

Mermaid - nice result. There's haze on, isn't it? Believe it or not, not an hour ago I walked from left to right, though there were less leaves on the trees, the reed not green but brown and the sun was lower and more to the right.

Thanks Horo - no the haze is not on, this render is the default setting when loading a Hdri. Actually I was trying your light projection after downloading the pdf files and watching the video, then I just started playing with Hdris and Panoramas. Now thats a cool coincidence you walking through the same area.

Electro-Elvis - that's a nice simple render

• David, Chohole: Thanks a lot for your quick answers.

mermaid010: Thank you very much. Your 360 panorama looks very well. I think I was there during my last holydays.

edited November 2015

Been playing around with http://www.incendia.net/index.html

The snowflake uses one of Horo Sunless HDRI for lighting http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies

And the island is from http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-high-resolution-terrains-set-2 with a texture from there also for the building which was like the snowflake made using Incendia's software

Bryce_snowflake_render2.jpg
    1485 x 1050 - 411K
    P57_example_scene1_C.jpg
    1485 x 1050 - 599K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2015

@mermaid010: Thanks. And as I see it, you rock too! What a great etched text and wonderful panorama.

@Dave Savage: Razorsharp renders!

@vivien: Thank you. Wonderful structures made with multireplication.

@Electro-Elvis: Great little seascape.

@David Brinnen: What a marvelous snowflake! You can almost see it melting. And a very nice landscape/building too.

Here is another one from me. I made most of this way back, when it was in the middle of summer and somehow forgot about it. When scrolling through all my files, I found those nice ladies and their pet again and decided to add some parts of a castle and some lights. I made the big bug in Hexagon. Gave it a stony texture, but mind you, without its ladies it might decide to jump right out of the screen and ask you whether it may keep you company for a while. Now, however, it settles for the ladies, that I clothed and posed in DAZ Studio (I think). The parts of the castle are from Alan Armstrong. I can't remember who made the clothes and shoes of the ladies.

I did a little postwork, increasing the contrast and upping the saturation a bit.

Walking the pet.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1008K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited November 2015

Just thought I'd try a landscape for a change. 9 tiled Terrains with Mordor Fractal setting.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/1819

Greenary.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 885K
    Post edited by StuartB on

Electro-Elvis - thanks

David - Wow magnificent snowflakes, the island building is nice too.

Hansmar - thanks, beautiful scene, nice modelling.

StuartB - lovely render, I like the material you used for the terrains.

I also played with tiling terrains using the Mordor Fractal after seeing David’s link to Horo’s video tutorial in another thread.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wovAGHFDMn0&list=PL790l24c49DS2jxPw2QXjAT6rjMaaxf-v&index=14

The 2nd render uses Rolling Hills tiled and one of the cloudscapes from www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-cloudscapes-5-example-one

16tiledmordor.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 80K
    cloud8.jpg
    749 x 500 - 45K

Electro-Elvis - very nice cliff, quite dramatic sky.

David - snow flake scene looks nice. The island, too, but I think the material for the blocks could be improved, though it depends what your aim was.

Hansmar - great castle scene. Yes, Alan made a couple of great architectural models in Bryce.

Stuart - that tiled landscape came out great.

Mermaid - your tiled terrains scene also came out great. Clouds on the secomd look great and the birds are a nice addition.

edited November 2015

Yes Horo, now that you say it it does look a bit plain.  Here's something harder on the eyes to try out.  This is another Incendia made geometry, in a mirroed box, in Bryce, panoramically rendered.

Incendia_red_C.jpg
    1485 x 1050 - 1M
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks very much Horo and Mermaid.

@Mermaid. Love the cloud and the birds in the second one. The first one has a good slope right on the right hand edge that looks like it would make a good waterfall.

edited November 2015

Horo - thanks

David - the abstract looks nice.

Stuart - thanks, waterfalls are something I'm not successful with yet, I keep trying and then give it up, till the next time  sad

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Nice works all...can't comment as too many (happens when one doesn't check-in regularly).

Been playing around with David's 'pencil effect' (link to his video). For some reason, the effect doesn't apply to the hair/eyelashes, so had to exclude them from the 'Select All Option' (in vid). In the end, I  just greyscaled their coloured maps, and applied reflection to them afterwards

Title: 'Are you on tippie-toes?'

Jay

Are you on tippie-toes.jpg
    1020 x 864 - 497K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

This discussion has been closed.