Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

@StuartB; @mermaid010: great landscapes from the both of you.

@David Brinnen: There's a nice abstract from you!

@Jamahoney: Could have fooled me for a real drawing; great work and cute title too.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Horo - Thanks for your comment and explanation re Displacement

Mermaid - Beautiful result on the panoramic HDRI. Lovely looking place, also the 2 terrains turned out well, I like the birds and clouds on the 2nd.

Electro-Elvis - Very nice cliff.  I like the material and the pebble beach

David - The snowflake looks wonderful, I agree with Hansmar on the feel of the material.... The landscape reminds me of minecraft, And the abstract looks nice as well

Hansmar - Thank you.... I think the monster is enjoying the ladies company, he can stay in the castle... Nicely put together.

StuartB- Trying to work out the 9 terrains, but the materials are really well matched and I can tell.... I like it.

Jay - It certainly seems like a pencil drawing.... She is very sweet.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Cheers, Hansmar & Vivien...the 'pencil effect' (YouTube Link) is worth trying out sometime.

Jay

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited November 2015

Thanks Hansmar.

@Vivien - They are in a 3 x 3 square after following this tutorial.

http://calyxa.com/pearl/terraintut/fractaltile.html

Post edited by StuartB on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

David - nice abstract.

Jamahoney - great pencil drawing render.

Cheers, Horo.

Jay

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2015

Another Incendia generated mesh.  Lit entirely with Horo sunless HDRI ErmClouds02_SD_2560.hdr from this set http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies and a materals borrowed from here http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-high-resolution-terrains-set-3

Abtract_land1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 649K
    Abtract_land2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 782K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited November 2015

Very nice mesh, David. I wasn't so fortunate with my last escapade in terrains. Triple stacked with materials from http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-high-resolution-terrains-set-1 and http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-landscapes-under-fantastic-skies. A starfield from http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-space-construction-kit and some stuff that did not make it in the store.

Mountain Steps

Three Ridges

MountainSteps.jpg
    534 x 800 - 102K
    ThreeRidges.jpg
    800 x 534 - 108K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2015

I bought Stonemason's Streets of the Med... Although it's not as complex as some of the Stonemason stuff I've bought, it crashes Bryce.

At first, it crashed on import, but after I'd imported it without materials, then deleted and reimported it with the materials it worked fine... but only until I came to render when it would render for about 8 minutes before crashing out with no message.

That was with TA enabled, so I turned TA off and redid the lighting to suite IBL instead... Now it renders fine.

MedStreets.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 497K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

David - Very nice incendia mesh.The material suits it quite well

Horo - I like the vastness of the second one, the first is a bit too spiky

Dave - Glad you persisted with the import.... Looks really nice

Dave - very nice, well lit. I haven't got this one but several others from Stonemason and haven't experienced issues yet. Though there are still a few I haven't had the time to play around with.

Vivien - thank you. Both use the same terrain. As you say, too spiky.

edited November 2015

Here's a less spiky render. Based on an idea by David and tinkered a bit. Light is PHT enhanced ambience and reflection. Rendered with max ray depth 66. Backdrop HDRI is the specular convolved Coloured3.

Points and Rings

Points+Rings.jpg
    800 x 800 - 186K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2015

Talking of too spiky... This one resembles your latest landscape stacked terrain Horo.

This too uses three stacked terrains and then some added models (freebies off the internet) for detail.

Lit by a Bryce sky turned into an HDRI plus Bryce sun.

TallTowerLandscape.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 422K
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

@ Dave Savage, love that image, the way the rocks are comming through looks great.

@ Horo Aesome landscape Horo, I love the way all the rocks push up on the left, makes it very distinctive.

@ David Brinnen The objects are very cool, they look like they have been in the water for a very long time, But i am most impressed with the texturing, looks fantastic.

This is an image i have been working on for a while, i had a dickens of a time with the volumetric clouds,

Cold Horizon 2.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 625K
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

Another image, I started to enter it into the monthly challenge, But with the amount of postwork done i feel it was not in the spirit of the challenge, The Objects were created using Sculptris and postwork in PSP, using Ron's brush's.

Dark Seed .jpg
    1746 x 864 - 367K
  • Volume clouds look good to me STKydd, creating a very nice if somewhat bleak atmosphere for the lone figure on the rock.  The spiky thing, whatever it is, also looks very good.  Interesting, whatever it is.

I've been inspired by Dave's and Horo's spikey landscapes into a bit of landscape experimentation.  Horo and I were talking about AO the other day.  It is a great tool which does not exist in Bryce.  But anyway, I decided to see if I could fake the effect and then put it to some use.  I don't know if I have achieved this either way, but I like to experiment.  The AO fake took 30 minutes using TA.  The standard scene uses a Bryce sun casting shadows and one of Horo's HDRI's not casting shadows - this took a couple of minutes to render.  The final combination was put together in PSP7.  The terrain and the materials and the lighting all come from variously from our High Resolution Terrains.

P57_AO_scene1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 501K
    P57_standard_scene1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    P57_combined1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M

Dave - that's a very nice looking landscape.

STKydd - thank you. Sky looks awesome, very nice watery landscape render. Great Sculptris object, very interesting space scene.

David - interesting experiment, though I'm not fully convinced. The final image appears to me to look like a regular render with IBL shadows on. Perhaps an indoor would be better to see how near your method to fake AO comes to the real thing. I also experimented a few weeks ago to fake AO but could only come up with something that looks very remotely like AO.

edited November 2015

SDKydd: I think your volumetric clouds have turned out fab... They look very natural and sit in your scene very well.

David: No idea what AO is so can't comment on that aspect but the terrian material looks fab (I would expect nothing less).

For me a few more Landscapes to match the last one I posted.

ChurchStumpyLandsca.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 593K
    WindmillLandscape.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 534K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited November 2015

Happy Thanksgiving - I hope all my Bryce friends have much to be thankful for!

I’ve meant to get some of Sergiy Dobrovolskyy models (1971s over at Rendo) and his newest one looked quite useful. This is a WIP of his Marine House model along with his Elf Boat and another boat from ShareCG. Illuminated by one of Horo/David’s Deep Space HDRI’s. Still needs a lot of work on the Illumination and staging.

I do have a question for Horo - PS4 has rather limited color mod tools at 32 bit so I took the 3840 Deep Space HDRI, dropped this down to 16 bit, did my color changes then changed back to 32 bit and cut the image size in half (1920). If I understand, this not now true HDRI. Is that correct? TIA!

Marine_Houser6.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 221K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2015

Looking good Dan

Fourth in this series from me... A bit more desolate.

RuinLandscape.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 479K
    RuinLandscape.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 479K

Dave - very nice landscapes, the last one is indeed desolate. Great render nevertheless.

Dan - I remember 1971s from bryce5.com and have seen his Poser (?) models over at Rendo. What he does is very special but he is definitely a gifted madeller. Your scene looks great and I like the POV.
    As long as the HDRI works for your scene, that's certainly fine. You are of course right, it isn't a true HDRI anymore. 16/48 bit contain unsigned integers (0 to 65,535) while HDRIs use single precision floating point values, potentially up to 3.4 x 10^38 but can represent only 6 digits.

edited November 2015

Been watching the movie of the title below...super film...tried my hand at doing a report-of-sorts cheeky

Title: Minority Report

Jay

MinorityReport-PreCrime.jpg
    1604 x 844 - 629K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383

Jay – love the pencil effect, it’s so cool. The Minority Report is awesome, I love what you did, very interesting effect. Did you use 2D faces for all the images?

Hansmar – thanks

Vivien – thanks

David – awesome mesh and render, the material

Horo – great results with both the terrains. Love the abstract one, did you intend it to be an illusion? It circles when scrolling up and down.

Dave – all your renders are outstanding, with awesome lighting.

STKydd – beautiful renders love them

Dan – beautiful especially the reflections on the water

edited November 2015

Jay – love the pencil effect, it’s so cool. The Minority Report is awesome, I love what you did, very interesting effect. Did you use 2D faces for all the images?

Cheers, mermaid, and yes I took some images from the film, pasted them onto a map, which then acted as the Mat.

Jay

PS. just checked your Surreal one...very cool.

• Horo- Thanks for the info, maybe I'll get HDRI figured out one of these days!

Mermaid - Thanks, the water is one of Jon Allen's "seriousl real materials" with a little tweaking by me.

http://www.daz3d.com/jon-allen

Horo - Mesmerizing abstract. Hard to stop looking at it.

Dave - All the landscapes look great. I really like the ambiance you have created

STKydd - Beautiful looking sky , it certainly fits the landscape very well and the Sculptris image is great, glad you used black and white.

David - I also have no idea what you mean by AO, But I do like the texture of the first terrain.

Dan - Good looking models... Love the sky and the reflection on the water, really compliments them.

Jay - You have done a wonderful job on the Minority Report image. It looks like you put a lot of thought and work in it.

edited December 2015

Ah thanks, Vivien...and, as always, you're very generous with your comments. I get into these long-render moods every now and then - keeps the creative juices extended...heh he devil

Jay

Jay - that's a very cool image.

Mermaid - thank you. Funny, I didn't notice the illusion of circling when scrolling. Thanky for pointing this out.

Dan - you're welcome.

Vivien - thank you.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 2015

@Jamahoney: Cool scene. Very well done. 

@Dave Savage: Your last scene reminds me I have no idea why ;-) the just published computer game Fallout 4. Well done. The other landscapes, too!

@David Brinnen: Gorgeous looking landscape. I can not tell you, if your approach of faking the AO tool was a success, I am afraid I cannot tell, because I have no clue what AO is. The material for your incendia mesh is just amazing. 

@STKydd: Very convincing volumetric clouds. I bought yesterday Jonathan Allens clouds of his material set "seriously real materials". He used a bit another approach to achive volumetric clouds. It looks interesting, but I had not the time to study it yet. 

@Horo: It is a really good looking abstract. I am sorry, but I have to ask. What means PHT?

@Dan Whiteside: Your WIP already looks great. The marine house model looks a bit unconventionally but interesting. BTW Thanks for your mention of Jonathan Allen. I bought a few of his materials yesterday and used 2 of them in my scene.

I used a stone material of Jonathan Allens Seriously Real Materials for my Buddah. I tweaked it a tiny bit and changed the filter setting of one channel in the DTE to a curvature filter. 

forgottenbuddah.jpg
    800 x 800 - 123K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
This discussion has been closed.