MetaMixer

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

zombietaggerung said:

I don't really understand how this is any better than using the pre-existing parameter sliders? Can some official daz person explain that?

Not official Daz Person! 

You can blend morphs using the PowerPose interface, as per the videos, which is nice.

• Sevrin said:

zombietaggerung said:

I don't really understand how this is any better than using the pre-existing parameter sliders? Can some official daz person explain that?

Not official Daz Person! 

You can blend morphs using the PowerPose interface, as per the videos, which is nice.

That can be done with the parameter sliders. Unless you mean across genders, which I guess is nice enough. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I can't even FIND the thing.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

zombietaggerung said:

I did wonder that but assumed that it comes with lots of additional morphs. I have not updated to 4.16 (and am not inclined to do so yet) so I can't speak from first hand experience. 

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202
    edited November 2021

AllenArt said:

I can't even FIND the thing.

People > Genesis 8 (M or F) > Shapes 

Post edited by AHArt on
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

There is a tutorial file located in the MetaMixer folder explaining everything.

The PowerPose template is an UI interface. You can use it to create an unique character in about 10-20 min. Or you can use the thousands of sliders to create the same character in a couple of hours.

MetaMixer does not require 4.16 to work.

• Sevrin said:

zombietaggerung said:

Not official Daz Person! 

Powerpose always causes Daz to crash for me

• Faux2D said:

There is a tutorial file located in the MetaMixer folder explaining everything.

The PowerPose template is an UI interface. You can use it to create an unique character in about 10-20 min. Or you can use the thousands of sliders to create the same character in a couple of hours.

MetaMixer does not require 4.16 to work.

Ok. I don't use PowerPose, and don't mind taking my time creating characters. I also don't have thousands of characters to scroll through. Thanks for the info, but this is definitely not for me. yes

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    edited November 2021

It seems the difference between dialspinning is that with this tool you can actually apply a character morph to a specific area of the face. For example, want Nida's nose with Topsy's ears? Fine. It also seems that it's done in non-destructive way, unlike x-transfer, means you can trial and error it without really planning which characters you want to use in advance.

I am curious, however, if JCMs are also utilised eg. blink correctives.

Post edited by Frinkky on
  • AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

Frinkky said:

It seems the difference between dialspinning is that with this tool you can actually apply a character morph to a specific area of the face. For example, want Nida's nose with Topsy's ears? Fine. It also seems that it's done in non-destructive way, unlike x-transfer, means you can trial and error it without really planning which characters you want to use in advance.

I am curious, however, if JCMs are also utilised eg. blink correctives.

This would be great if I had more than just Nida and Twosret in my character folder  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825
    edited November 2021

it also limits what sort of MetaFaces you could dial up if  your references have features the DAZ people haven't

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it also limits what sort of MetaFaces you could dial up if  your references have features the DAZ people haven't

Well, all ya need for Zuck are a couple of Josh Crockett's aliens. laughlaughlaugh 

edited November 2021

Wait, wait, wait....

I've gotta buy an hd addon for this over and above what I've already bought? After I've bought almost EVERY HD addon for every character that I have? (which is a LOT!!). After I've ALREADY overpaid for all the Daz Original characters HD's that I have?!! If that is the case....

FORGET IT!! NOT PLAYING.

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • https://www.daz3d.com/metamixer-toolkit is free in checkout if DAZ+ BTW, just for those like me who saw a price still in cart

WendyLuvsCatz said:

https://www.daz3d.com/metamixer-toolkit is free in checkout if DAZ+ BTW, just for those like me who saw a price still in cart

Oh, I got it for free, but it's worthless to me if I have to buy what is essentially an HD addon TWICE in order to use it when I already have perfectly good HD morphs. Nada. 

• AllenArt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

https://www.daz3d.com/metamixer-toolkit is free in checkout if DAZ+ BTW, just for those like me who saw a price still in cart

Oh, I got it for free, but it's worthless to me if I have to buy what is essentially an HD addon TWICE in order to use it when I already have perfectly good HD morphs. Nada. 

pretty sure I have none of them I never buy HD addons cheeky

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AllenArt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

pretty sure I have none of them I never buy HD addons cheeky

Then it'll probably end up being worthless to you too ;) 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825
    edited November 2021

not entirely, I apparently have Holt HD and Brute HD so can blend between those. so can create siblings, cousins

and with Poserpose you get options

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 184K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited November 2021

The description doesn't say you have to buy the HD add-on again, though. They might be updated.

Post edited by Leana on
  • All my hd addons were updated this morning - not checked if they work in mixer. 

edited November 2021

Leana said:

The description doesn't say you have to buy the HD add-on again, though. They might be updated.

From the description:

The MetaMixer Toolkit comes with everything you need to begin using MetaMixer in Daz Studio. While owning a base character will always be the best way to benefit from full-body features, MetaMixer Add-Ons allow you to use that character's head shape in MetaMixer whether or not the character is in your library. This toolkit includes 4 add-ons to get you started:

• Holt 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • The Brute 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • Nida 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • Twosret 8 Add-On for MetaMixer

Additional character add-ons and HD add-ons for MetaMixer are sold separately.

If you indeed do not need to buy the hd's again, then I will happily apologize and also suggest that the person who does the sales copy for the site learn how to be less obtuse with their ad copy. The way I read that, there are separate hd addons specifically for MetaMixer. I hope I'm mistaken.

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • yes you get those free, thats why I had Holt and Brute

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yes you get those free, thats why I had Holt and Brute

Yes, you got 4 free ones.

K, I'm done for the night. Ya can all finish your popcorn now ;). 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262

"

From the description:

The MetaMixer Toolkit comes with everything you need to begin using MetaMixer in Daz Studio. While owning a base character will always be the best way to benefit from full-body features, MetaMixer Add-Ons allow you to use that character's head shape in MetaMixer whether or not the character is in your library. This toolkit includes 4 add-ons to get you started:

• Holt 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • Nida 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • Twosret 8 Add-On for MetaMixer

Additional character add-ons and HD add-ons for MetaMixer are sold separately."

The ones I have were updated too; most likely, new HD add-ons will have the functionality built in. Technically, if a new character comes out and you opt for the HD add-on, you will have to buy the HD add-on and it will include the functionality as opposed to having to rebuy something again.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

When I saw the name my instant first thought was...

Then I re-read it.
    I like the idea, but it will all depend on the execution.

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    edited November 2021
    nemesis10 said:

"

From the description:

The MetaMixer Toolkit comes with everything you need to begin using MetaMixer in Daz Studio. While owning a base character will always be the best way to benefit from full-body features, MetaMixer Add-Ons allow you to use that character's head shape in MetaMixer whether or not the character is in your library. This toolkit includes 4 add-ons to get you started:

• Holt 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • Nida 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
    • Twosret 8 Add-On for MetaMixer

Additional character add-ons and HD add-ons for MetaMixer are sold separately."

The ones I have were updated too; most likely, new HD add-ons will have the functionality built in. Technically, if a new character comes out and you opt for the HD add-on, you will have to buy the HD add-on and it will include the functionality as opposed to having to rebuy something again.

I never buy HD... so is this MetaMixer useless to me?! (Sorry if I sound like I'm throwing a tantrum :P)
    Post edited by CHWT on
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

Daz has the rights to the product so I have no say in the matter. I don't know how Daz will market the tool in the long run. The MetaMixer specific character presets can be either sold separately or can be included in character bundles. Some might not want to pay the full price of a character in order to use said character with MetaMixer. Some will want a MetaMixer character preset to be already included in a character bundle which they plan on buying anyway. Some will want to have a large library of MetaMixer Character presets without having to overload their Genensis figure with the full install of each character. Some PA's might want to create MetaMixer specific bundles without having to do all the work of creating shaders and whatnot for each character. I don't see a route which will please everybody so criticism/praise is unavoidable.

Do you need to buy extra characters in order to get MetaMixer to work? No, but having more characters will give you more options when working with MetaMixer. For example having a large library of skin textures will give you a lot more control over the final look of your character. MetaMixer can also use G8/8.1 male characters on the female figure and vice-versa. So if you have some specific character in your library, you can get more out of it by being able to use it (through MetaMixer) on the opposite gender figure (same goes for HD morphs).

Do you have to buy MetaMixer specific HD add-ons? No, but having HD Character presets for MetaMixer will give you control over what wrinkles/pores to place where. All the previous character assets (like FBM's or HD details) can work alongside MetaMixer. It's not an either/or, it's both/and.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

I had 17 G8 HD Add-On products updated. 

Resolved Issues:  "Updated to include MetaMixer Shaping Presets"

• kervalakervala Posts: 184

Do they plan to update other character HD add-ons too ?

Because I would like to mix Kayo eyes with other non-asian characters :)

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

Is there documentation that actually shows how to use it? The video on the project page is...kinda useless. I don't use PowerPose because it's always been laggy for me, so I have no experience with that interface other than frustration and despair.