MetaMixer

Comments

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited November 2021

I am hoping that the rest of the standard G8 line up, not just the HD addons get included as well..  I do find that using PowerPose can be a bit clunky, and does need an ease of use update..

MelissaGT said:

Is there documentation that actually shows how to use it? The video on the project page is...kinda useless. I don't use PowerPose because it's always been laggy for me, so I have no experience with that interface other than frustration and despair. 

There is a PDF link that shows what it can do, and agree about PowerPose it can be a bit finicky when trying to do fine tune something.. I have tried to use it when posing figures, in the end I gave up.. I mainly use it now to quickly select parts such as head / neck / arms and the odd change to an expression on G8..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I had the 17 G8 and G8.1 HD Add-ons who were updated, that is out of the 87 I own for both G8 and G8.1 so far. 

My experience with the new Beta has been not good. I really don't want to mess up the regular release, but thanks to everyone warning to save the files, I have a nice library of the previous releases to fall back to. And if it is true that the only change to the general release is adding MetaMixer support into it, I may try it. 

But with all the updates, repeated updates and more updates from Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia and Daz, I swear those companies are using up my allowed data usage by Xfinity. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

videoninja719 said:

Any documentation or video guide on how to use metamixer, wheres the start button? sorry im a bit of noob here

videos here: Daz 3D

pdf doc here: In the Smart Content section for the product after install when you open the Documentation Preset it will open a PDF document that gives a set of instructions on how to use the program.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

What I gather is that MetaMixer morphs just parts of the face, so that rather than dialing in 50% of Holt and 50% of Kjaer on the entire face, you can dial in 100% of Holt on just the eyes, 70% of Kjaer and 30% of Holt on the just the mouth, etc. It also looks like there might be some basic sculpting functionality based on MetaMixer's rig -- I'm guessing that this is what the "inflate" items are in the product listing, but I'm not sure.

What's unclear to me is whether the user can make their own presets or if they're married to only the official presets published for MetaMixer. If the latter, this is of no interest to me.

• Does this "metamix" have any connection to faceberg globohomo big tech, data sharing, etc.?

• Is this required for the Power Pose facial morphing or is that something all users get with the newer DS versions?

And does it show up in Smart Content or do you have to go through the library thing? I never touch the latter, myself, because it's too labrynthine and confusing to navigate.

• TGSNT said:

Does this "metamix" have any connection to faceberg globohomo big tech, data sharing, etc.?

As much as Aristotle's Metaphysics or your own metatarsals.

• How can we add other and updated hd figures we own to the mixer? There's a lack of information for me! 

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

I'm not sure how this works. If you could buy, for example, support for Genesis 3 female and then mix any Genesis 3 fermale characters I would definitley be interested. If you have to buy support for each character you want to mix then I'm not interested. If it works by numbered characters, e.g. buying support for Victoria 7 mean you can mix any Victoria 7 based characters then I might be interested.

I've "bought" the free for Daz+ members version but I've only installed the beta version of Studio 4.16, does it work in the beta? An unrelated point, DIM showed the me the both the beta and release versions of 4.16 for the first time yesterday. I thought the point of a beta was that it came out before the release version?

Of course this add-on has to have the trendy "Meta" in it's name. As fasr as I can work out the word Metamix should mean a mix of mixes

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Well, I installed 4.16.0.3 and then downloaded MetaMixer. Because of other's helpful posting of where to find the content, I went straight to it. I followed the instructions, but found my character thumbnails, when I clicked on them, resulted in an image of an empty space, except for Holt 8, and Drutherson and another whose image on the screen that I could see, looked like Holt's. The others had their names only. I didn't see a change to G8.1M's face as I loaded A, B, or C. 

But I kept at it and when I tried to use PowerPose, that screen never showed up. No clue why not. The sliders showed up on my right hand screen side though. I keep Power Pose on the left side,, where I prefer it.

I am not sure if there is an issue with my download or operator error in this case.

It didn't help that the instructions didn't size down to my screen, and is so large, I had to keep shifting it back and forth to see what I might be missing on each frame.

Now, I have to make a Pumpkin Pie and get work in.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,836
    edited November 2021

lots of Metamixes on Youtube, mostly alternative music

I guess the DJ a Metamixer

one thing about it though, it does enable altering things with HD morphs

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

memcneil70 said:

Well, I installed 4.16.0.3 and then downloaded MetaMixer. Because of other's helpful posting of where to find the content, I went straight to it. I followed the instructions, but found my character thumbnails, when I clicked on them, resulted in an image of an empty space, except for Holt 8, and Drutherson and another whose image on the screen that I could see, looked like Holt's. The others had their names only. I didn't see a change to G8.1M's face as I loaded A, B, or C. 

But I kept at it and when I tried to use PowerPose, that screen never showed up. No clue why not. The sliders showed up on my right hand screen side though. I keep Power Pose on the left side,, where I prefer it.

If an HD character is loaded the slot will show just the name of said character as well as a green "+HD" text. If an SD character is loaded then only a thumbnail of the character is loaded, no text.

For older versions of Daz Studio (i.e. older than 4.16) the PowerPose template needs to be refreshed. How to do is as well as everything else is explained in the tutorial file.

AllenArt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

https://www.daz3d.com/metamixer-toolkit is free in checkout if DAZ+ BTW, just for those like me who saw a price still in cart

Oh, I got it for free, but it's worthless to me if I have to buy what is essentially an HD addon TWICE in order to use it when I already have perfectly good HD morphs. Nada. 

Hmmm, I don't own many HD addons or DO bundle characters either but I do own "The Brute 8 HD addon" which was updated in the past two days in DIM free of charge. I was surprised but now I think it was updated in order to make it compatible with the MetaMixer.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not entirely, I apparently have Holt HD and Brute HD so can blend between those. so can create siblings, cousins

and with Poserpose you get options

That's pretty super how easily they made it so we can create morphs.

Pretty smart of DAZ 3D...now I am going to windup buying HD addons for every G8 or G8.1 character I have already.

Can someone advise what is the boundary range for number of G8 & G8.1 characters owned before the massive GUI slowdown (as in 15 - 30 minutes to load a characters) happen that some in the forums speak of?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

nonesuch00 said:

Pretty smart of DAZ 3D...now I am going to windup buying HD addons for every G8 or G8.1 character I have already.

Can someone advise what is the boundary range for number of G8 & G8.1 characters owned before the massive GUI slowdown (as in 15 - 30 minutes to load a characters) happen that some in the forums speak of?

Not very many :/

edited November 2021

I own 75 HD morphs between 8 and 8.1. Are all going to be updated or just the 17 that updated for me last night?

Edit: nevermind. They don't work anyway.

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • charles_2239525charles_2239525 Posts: 775
    edited November 2021

Too few reference points and WAY TOO LAGGY. It doesn't matter if we finally get to edit directly on an HD if the points are so far apart. Could we not get a sculpt directly on the surface tool instead of using the clunky control point thingy? I'ld be better off just using mesh grabber on the character.

Post edited by charles_2239525 on
  • AHArtAHArt Posts: 202
    edited November 2021

AllenArt said:

I own 75 HD morphs between 8 and 8.1. Are all going to be updated or just the 17 that updated for me last night?

I haven't had anything update at all except Khesmit. It's very confusing since the "instructions" have characters shown that I actually own (for instance Topsy 8 in the pdf and Celani and Freya in the video) that are not showing up in the characters folder even though I own them. I do not however own the HD for those BUT the regular characters are showing up as widgets which is misleading if you need to own the HD morphs as well. I do own Victoria 8.1 HD add on though and she doesn't show up either. You think she would be included. A list from DAZ of supported characters would have been nice (and also necessary????). I was able to make a regular morph though so I guess it's not totally usless since it was free  

Post edited by AHArt on
  • nonesuch00 said:

It's connections between properties that seem to be the issue, and GD morphs do not, I think, tend to have a lot of links so they should not be particularly prone to slowing things down. There probably will be a slight pause the first time you apply any given HD morph in a session as, once it is given a non-zero value, the large number of morphs deltas (changes in vertex postion) have to be loaded, and of course if you turn the SubD level up to see the results that will have an impact on performance.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Faux2D said:

There is a tutorial file located in the MetaMixer folder explaining everything.

The PowerPose template is an UI interface. You can use it to create an unique character in about 10-20 min. Or you can use the thousands of sliders to create the same character in a couple of hours.

MetaMixer does not require 4.16 to work.

What version is required, to work?

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194

Just installed it - or at least i think i have.  no way of knowing as i can't find it.  how does it work?  where do we find it?  will SAZ ever reveal instructions?

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

It's connections between properties that seem to be the issue, and GD morphs do not, I think, tend to have a lot of links so they should not be particularly prone to slowing things down. There probably will be a slight pause the first time you apply any given HD morph in a session as, once it is given a non-zero value, the large number of morphs deltas (changes in vertex postion) have to be loaded, and of course if you turn the SubD level up to see the results that will have an impact on performance.

OK, thanks. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,265

"Just installed it - or at least i think i have.  no way of knowing as i can't find it.  how does it work?  where do we find it?  will SAZ ever reveal instructions?"

https://youtu.be/XDXvwt_ii6E

• Works in 4.12

AHArt said:

AllenArt said:

I haven't had anything update at all except Khesmit. It's very confusing since the "instructions" have characters shown that I actually own (for instance Topsy 8 in the pdf and Celani and Freya in the video) that are not showing up in the characters folder even though I own them. I do not however own the HD for those BUT the regular characters are showing up as widgets which is misleading if you need to own the HD morphs as well. I do own Victoria 8.1 HD add on though and she doesn't show up either. You think she would be included. A list from DAZ of supported characters would have been nice (and also necessary????). I was able to make a regular morph though so I guess it's not totally usless since it was free  

I suspect the whole backlog of Daz characters will be made MetaMixer ready. It's a whole process to create the MM presets and there are hundreds of characters.

nemesis10 said:

"Just installed it - or at least i think i have.  no way of knowing as i can't find it.  how does it work?  where do we find it?  will SAZ ever reveal instructions?"

https://youtu.be/XDXvwt_ii6E

Instructions available in the the MetaMixer folder: People/Genesis 8 Male (or Female)/Shapes/MetaMixer

Also very important: DELETE the eyelashes and tear figures. For some reason they slow down the MetaMixer Camera considerably. 

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

Where is that PDF Tutorial, I do not have it.

Petra said:

Where is that PDF Tutorial, I do not have it.

I think it's in the main root MetaMixer folder. 

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,887
    edited November 2021

Faux2D said:

AHArt said:

AllenArt said:

I suspect the whole backlog of Daz characters will be made MetaMixer ready. It's a whole process to create the MM presets and there are hundreds of characters.

@Faux2D You're really killing it.

I don't suppose the process for creating MM presets will ever be documented, so that I can hack all my characters from renderosity? Or so that the original authors could MM-ify their own products?

Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on