MetaMixer

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/83263/file_list

If you look at what will be installed and where, for the included characters, one could suppose the same would be needed for other characters to be supported - Can the same files in the same folders be found on the recently updated files and has anyone updated their files and looked at what has been changed in them?

• Wolfwood said:

AllenArt said:

Charlie Judge said:

AllenArt said:

Choppski said:

Here's what's not clear to me. If I OWN Owen or Kjaer, do I have to BUY the metamixer version to use that figure? If so I doubt I'll use it even if it was free to buy. I get that the four that come with it we can use whether we own the character or not, but I want to know if I have to buy new plugins for characters I already own.

You do have to buy the plugin for characters you already own. Funny how no one from Daz would confirm this, even though they had multiple questions. And if anyone says it was a holiday, Daz-Jessica was on and so was Daz_Rawb, not to mention a few PA's who had to have known, tho I can understand why they didn't say anything.

Is this also true if you own all the characters and their HD add-ons ?  Do we still need the Metamixer addons ?

I believe you do. There is nothing in the copy that says "if you own X you don't need this product" I have 76 characters and almost all their HD addons. The only figures I've been able to get to work are the ones that came with MetaMixer. Maybe the HD's were working, but the effect was so subtle I could barely see it. You need the addons for the bases.

That is the problem, they don't say it. And i don't understand why.

But if you look at the description of the HD-Addons the "what's included" part indicates it has the metamixer presets:

Correct, I am told - the HD updates give you all you need to use those with MetaMixer, but for the base characters you do need the new products released in the store today

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Wolfwood said:

AllenArt said:

Charlie Judge said:

AllenArt said:

Choppski said:

Here's what's not clear to me. If I OWN Owen or Kjaer, do I have to BUY the metamixer version to use that figure? If so I doubt I'll use it even if it was free to buy. I get that the four that come with it we can use whether we own the character or not, but I want to know if I have to buy new plugins for characters I already own.

You do have to buy the plugin for characters you already own. Funny how no one from Daz would confirm this, even though they had multiple questions. And if anyone says it was a holiday, Daz-Jessica was on and so was Daz_Rawb, not to mention a few PA's who had to have known, tho I can understand why they didn't say anything.

Is this also true if you own all the characters and their HD add-ons ?  Do we still need the Metamixer addons ?

I believe you do. There is nothing in the copy that says "if you own X you don't need this product" I have 76 characters and almost all their HD addons. The only figures I've been able to get to work are the ones that came with MetaMixer. Maybe the HD's were working, but the effect was so subtle I could barely see it. You need the addons for the bases.

But if you look at the description of the HD-Addons the "what's included" part indicates it has the metamixer presets:

Apparently the HD's do, but the bases do not. 

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

I made a new video to showcase MetaMixer capabilities:

Regarding character presets. How would you feel about a MetaMixer specific character pack? The characters will have only the base resolution and HD morphs for the head and neck so no texture maps or shaders. Maybe this is not the thread to ask but how many MetaMixer Character presets would you like to be included and for what price? These characters won't be official Daz characters, but sculpts done by me.

daveso said:

well, this thing doesnt seem to work for me. The little faces in the 3 nodes are sort of grayed out. When I see the powerpose face with the dots, nothing seems to move, but the lag is terrible. It slows my DS to slower than a crawl and nothing is happening as far as morphs or facial changes. Does it have to be G8.1 or will 8 work? 
     Its not like I have a real old system, 32meg ram and an AMD 3800x. i guess its too old for DS anymore though. This is the last system I will ever be able to afford, so this might be it. 

I saw quite a few HD charaqcters get updated, but the question has not been answered. how do you get them into the mixer thing? 

Could you post a screenshot of the viewport? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

Looking through the filelists for the MegaMixer, the addons and for the updated HD addons, there seems to be 68 morph files per character that are added to the base figure's general morph load.

The location of these morphs;
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/faux2d/MetaMixer/Characters/[Character]/
    ​/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/faux2d/MetaMixer/Characters/[Character]/

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Faux2D said:

I made a new video to showcase MetaMixer capabilities:

Regarding character presets. How would you feel about a MetaMixer specific character pack? The characters will have only the base resolution and HD morphs for the head and neck so no texture maps or shaders. Maybe this is not the thread to ask but how many MetaMixer Character presets would you like to be included and for what price? These characters won't be official Daz characters, but sculpts done by me.

I am doing the PDF tutorial but the section that has one "Blend" 100% one character,  0% the other 2 characters, and such is not working? Of the 4 characters in the MetaMix package I only previously owned The Brute & The Brute HD products but not the other 3 characters. Is that why?

nonesuch00 said:

I am doing the PDF tutorial but the section that has one "Blend" 100% one character,  0% the other 2 characters, and such is not working? Of the 4 characters in the MetaMix package I only previously owned The Brute & The Brute HD products but not the other 3 characters. Is that why?

What characters have you loaded in the slots? 

nonesuch00 said:

I suppose Edie 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3DOllie 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3DMabel 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3DDain 8 HD Add-On | Daz 3DToon Dwayne 8 | Daz 3DThe Girl 8 | Daz 3D, and so on are going to get MetaMixer Presets?

I don't know about that but I'm guessing "yes".

If a character that you own doesn't have a MM Character preset located in MetaMixer/Characters then it won't work (yet) in MetaMixer.

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138

Wolfwood said:

AllenArt said:

Charlie Judge said:

AllenArt said:

Choppski said:

Correct, I am told - the HD updates give you all you need to use those with MetaMixer, but for the base characters you do need the new products released in the store today

That means I need the character HDs for MetaMixer's add-ons to work?
    edited November 2021

Faux2D said:

nonesuch00 said:

I had Holt A, The Brute B, Tworet C but actually own only The Brute & The Brute HD.

I just bought the Topsy HD addon & the Drutherson MetaMix Preset & I'll try your instructions again. 

Also a note for others that wonder buying MetaMix Preset & HD addons with MetaMix Presets gets you what when you own the regular character already?:

To try to resolve the above problem I just purchased Topsy HD & the Drutherson MetaMix Preset. When I look in Smart Content all the HD+ presets are missing for all characters. The Drutherson preset was missing from Smart Content. Owning the Topsy HD Addon got me only the Topsy HD MetaMix Preset and not the Topsy MetaMix Preset.

Those are important things. The HD+ MetaMix Presets should be in Smart Content. The new regular MetaMix Presets should be in Smart Content. 

Another note: adding the Brute HD+ MetaMix & Topsy HD+ MetaMix to the MetaMix only shows the text at the bottom on their mix controller & not their icon. The regular Drutherson MetaMixer controller and other non-HD Metamixer controllers shows a blue head shape icon with the name text underneath.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited November 2021

BTW, I am sorry for my blowup about the HD's. Apparently those are updated for MM for free (or at least the ones that they've updated so far). The copy was confusing and I just didn't wanna pay on top of what I already paid for them (which was too much). The base figure addons I sort of get, but I still can't help feeling like I'm getting nickled and dimed to death, but at least I can live with the base addons. I'll just skip the ones I don't want. Not gonna pay regular price for those either...lol. 3.50 I can live with. 10 bucks per? Um, nope. LOL

FWIW, I WILL be needing addons for Ollie and Christian Daz, so get right on those. LOL

Post edited by AllenArt on

nonesuch00 said:

Faux2D said:

nonesuch00 said:

I had Holt A, The Brute B, Tworet C but actually own only The Brute & The Brute HD.

I just bought the Topsy HD addon & the Drutherson MetaMix Preset & I'll try your instructions again. 

Also a note for others that wonder buying MetaMix Preset & HD addons with MetaMix Presets gets you what when you own the regular character already?:

To try to resolve the above problem I just purchased Topsy HD & the Drutherson MetaMix Preset. When I look in Smart Content all the HD+ presets are missing for all characters. The Drutherson preset was missing from Smart Content. Owning the Topsy HD Addon got me only the Topsy HD MetaMix Preset and not the Topsy MetaMix Preset.

Those are important things. The HD+ MetaMix Presets should be in Smart Content. The new regular MetaMix Presets should be in Smart Content. 

Select the Genesis figure and look for the MetaMixer group in the Parameters Tab (hidden by default). Search to see if there are subgroups with those character names. If there are then dial the morphs manually to test if they work.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,443
    edited November 2021

Faux2D said:

daveso said:

well, this thing doesnt seem to work for me. The little faces in the 3 nodes are sort of grayed out. When I see the powerpose face with the dots, nothing seems to move, but the lag is terrible. It slows my DS to slower than a crawl and nothing is happening as far as morphs or facial changes. Does it have to be G8.1 or will 8 work? 
     Its not like I have a real old system, 32meg ram and an AMD 3800x. i guess its too old for DS anymore though. This is the last system I will ever be able to afford, so this might be it. 

I saw quite a few HD charaqcters get updated, but the question has not been answered. how do you get them into the mixer thing? 

here is screenshot. After I posted above, I've been trying to use MM , and now there is a bullet hole or something through each character. As you can see, the face, which is G8.1 base, has changed. It changes with some characters and not for others. maybe obly for 8,1? 
    In addition, there is no change or movement when trying to utilize the adjustment dots within powerpose. Is there something I need to do to allow it to change the original head? 
    Note: Powerpose does work within the original parameters not utizing Metamixer.  
    EDIT: This is set to display Filament. 

mm with bullet hole.jpg
    1207 x 1152 - 318K
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

Faux2D said:

daveso said:

here is screenshot. After I posted above, I've been trying to use MM , and now there is a bullet hole or something through each character. As you can see, the face, which is G8.1 base, has changed. It changes with some characters and not for others. maybe obly for 8,1? 
    In addition, there is no change or movement when trying to utilize the adjustment dots within powerpose. Is there something I need to do to allow it to change the original head? 

Not a bullet hole. The circle is just showing the mesh lines overlay, like the figure is. 

• CHWT said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Wolfwood said:

AllenArt said:

Charlie Judge said:

AllenArt said:

Choppski said:

That means I need the character HDs for MetaMixer's add-ons to work?

No, it means if you have - or choose to buy - one of the updated HD shapes then you will b eable to use it with MetaMixer out of the box.

daveso said:

Faux2D said:

daveso said:

It looks like you have a wireframe overlay on your Filament renderer hence the bullet hole thing.

Make sure that when using the PowerPose MM template you have the Translate tool selected (or the Universal tool, or the Scale tool). This is not necessary but it gives you a better visual input on what you are blending. You might not be clicking and dragging enough for any change to be observed.

Another thing that I suspect might be happening is that some MM widgets are empty, as in the Genesis character does not have the appropriate MM specific morphs. Select the Genesis figure and got to the MetaMixer group in the Parameters Tab (which is hidden by default) and look to see if the character subgroups coincide with all the MM Character presets found in the MetaMixer/Characters folder.

• memcneil70 said:

It didn't help that the instructions didn't size down to my screen, and is so large, I had to keep shifting it back and forth to see what I might be missing on each frame.

@memcneil70 If your MetaMixer instructions are cut-off, you could always open the PDF in a separate window where you can scale them to your liking.

The precise location of the MetaMixer Tutorial PDF file is:
       Content -> People -> Genesis 8 Male -> Shapes -> MetaMixer -> MetaMixer - Tutorial.pdf

@Faux2D Will MetaMixer ever have widget add-on support for G8F/G8M, V8/M8 characters acquired from 3rd-Party shops outside of Daz?

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

After having played around with it for 5 minutes....

Stop focusing so much on the characters and how many you get, etc. if you don get characters its worthless

All told the characters just a part of the tool.

In the attached image the two things circled in red use the character morphs *everything else* all the stuff labled move, scale, rotate inflate m/f is completely independent of the character morphs.

the first column controls larger areas and the second column controls finer details

so select move in the first column select the dot on the ears and you move them in any direction, select move in the second column select the tip of the ear and move that in any direction. ect etc etc.

afaik the blending of characters seems to be done by having them have been manually converted into a bunch of separate morphs, DAZ might have figured out a more automated way of doing this, but it most likely involves a good bit of manual work, so I can understand why its not all just free updates.

DAZStudio_m4Wm9nfd22.png
    451 x 180 - 25K
    edited November 2021

OK, I own these products:

1) The Brute 8 & The Brute 8 HD addon - DAZ 3D supplied The Brute MetaMixer Preset free, The Brute MetaMixer HD+ presets came with The Brute HD addon.

2) Topsy 8 & Top 8 HD addon - The Topsy 8 HD addon came with the Topsy Metamixer HD+ presets. Note: I don't own Topsy 8 Metamix presets.

3) Drutherson 8 & Drutherson 8 Metamix presets. Note: I don't own Drutherson 8 HD addon.

Look at the snap shot in the attachment. MetaMixer is setup correct for The Brute & Drutherson. MetaMixer is setup incorrect for Topsy as she has no MetaMixer persets as her non-HD+ level MetaMix presets.

MetaMix Bug Maybe.png
    1459 x 955 - 561K

Another question please:

I have The Brute HD & Topsy HD & tried them both in MetaMixer & those presets had no effects. Am I supposed to stack those HD+ MetaMixer presets on top of The Brute MetaMixer Preset & the Topsy MetaMixer Preset additively because the HD+ presets did not change the Genesis 8.1 Male face shape in the least?

If that is true that makes the regular character sans HD addon Metamixer presets a requirement.

Thanks.

OK, something wrong in the MetaMixer (maybe when I installed either the Drutherson 8 MetaMixer Preset, Topsy 8 MetaMixer Preset, or the Topsy 8 HD Addon).

When I use Genesis 8.1 Male as the base and add female MetaMixer presets Nida 8 or Topsy 8 they no longer effect the face shape when I load them into an empty MetaMix A, B, or C.

And when I overload them onto a MetaMixer A, B, or C that has a male MetaMixer preset already loaded they do change the shape of the face but not to be like the female MetaMixer preset I loaded but rather reverted bake to the default shape of the Genesis 8.1 Male.

Help?

nonesuch00 said:

1) The Brute 8 & The Brute 8 HD addon - DAZ 3D supplied The Brute MetaMixer Preset free, The Brute MetaMixer HD+ presets came with The Brute HD addon.

2) Topsy 8 & Top 8 HD addon - The Topsy 8 HD addon came with the Topsy Metamixer HD+ presets. Note: I don't own Topsy 8 Metamix presets.

3) Drutherson 8 & Drutherson 8 Metamix presets. Note: I don't own Drutherson 8 HD addon.

Look at the snap shot in the attachment. MetaMixer is setup correct for The Brute & Drutherson. MetaMixer is setup incorrect for Topsy as she has Holt 8 as her non-HD+ level MetaMix presets.

It appears you only have the MM morphs for Drutherson, Holt, The Brute, and The Brute HD. Do you have the MM widgets for more characters than these 4 mentioned? If so they're just empty widgets and won't do anything. Out of curiosity, how many MM Characters are there in the folder?

edited November 2021

Faux2D said:

nonesuch00 said:

Look at the snap shot in the attachment. MetaMixer is setup correct for The Brute & Drutherson. MetaMixer is setup incorrect for Topsy as she has Holt 8 as her non-HD+ level MetaMix presets.

It appears you only have the MM morphs for Drutherson, Holt, The Brute, and The Brute HD. Do you have the MM widgets for more characters than these 4 mentioned? If so they're just empty widgets and won't do anything. Out of curiosity, how many MM Characters are there in the folder?

Well that would explain why applying the female presets seems to only do nothing or zero the face back to Genesis 8.1 Male Base.

In the Genesis 8 Female/People/Shapes/MetaMixer/Characters

A, B, & C: Nida 8, Topsy 8, Topsy 8 HD, Tworet 8 for a total of 12 MM presets.

In the Genesis 8 Male/People/Shapes/MetaMixer/Characters

A, B, & C: Drutherson 8, Holt 8, The Brute 8, The Brute 8 HD for a total of 12 MM presets.

Together, a total of 24 MM presets.

I own the DAZ characters & HD addons: Drutherson 8, Topsy 8, Topsy 8 HD addon, The Brute 8, The Brute 8 HD addon.

Tested in:

DAZ Studio Pro 4.16.0.3 Release

DAZ Studio Pro 4.16.1.2 Public Beta

Do I need to uininstall, delete, redownload,  & reinstall the Genesis 8 Male Essentials & the Genesis 8 Female Essentials?

The base I'm using is Genesis 8.1 Male. I've not tried yet with the Genesis 8.1 Female, the Genesis 8 Male, or the Genesis 8 Female.

• videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited November 2021

testing out metamixer, but i dont have the power pose tab, only posing and i can't see the blue dots nor display for it...help!

Post edited by videoninja719 on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited November 2021

I wanted to share my initial experiences with Metamixer. I use Daz 4.15.0.2 on Windows 10 and I installed Metamixer Toolkit (free) using DIM. I then went to this YouTube video to learn more about it. I soon discovered that MM has blending and morphing functionalities. Initially only morphing worked, but after restarting Daz, I finally got both features to work as expected.

The two images below show my first attempts at blending and morphing Lukas, a half-orc, a G8M character I've heavily customized much earlier. For blends, I selected Holt, Nida and Twosret (I think). As you can see the blending vector lies heavily towards Holt. For morphs, I altered Lukas's face slightly, closer to the look I've always wanted.

All together I'm very pleased with the product. I didn't have any lags with PowerPose. In fact, MetaMixer feels like Powerpose++ thanks to MM's head morphing features. I do wish the morphs had more degrees of freedom. For example, the ears can be pulled up, or perpendicular to the head; it would be nice to stretch the ears back and away from the skull ... 'ala elf ears. I also wish I could use MM to create horns. Hmm. For a tool that's free, I'll certainly use it in the days to come.

Cheers!

Post edited by csaa on
  • LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 166

This new tool has me so confused!  I wish they were more clear (read transparent) with what is needed for this tool.  It seems, that if you have the HD add-on for a supported character, you get the Add-On for MetaMixer too (for free).  If you don't have the HD add-on, you can buy either that (HD Add-on), or the MetaMixer add-on.  Of course, if you buy the main HD Add-On, you get all of the details, and only the head with MetaMixer.  This jives with what I see in my library currently.  I own the Pro Bundles for all of the characters that are being sold as MetaMixer add-ons, just not the HD add-ons for most of them.  Hope this helps someone :-(

Rich S.

• niksnolemniksnolem Posts: 20
    edited November 2021

Overall I think it's a great product, although PowerPose is a bit laggy, especially when clearing the slots (sometimes even crashes). I myself prefer using the sliders in the Parameters since playing with numbers feels more comfortable for me

One bonus feature of Metamixer I think, is that if you like the face of a character that is based on core figures (eg Eli HD for Holt 8), you can buy that character and try using the core figure add-on to dial up the face shape, without the need of purchasing the actual core figure.

It would be great if there are features for mixing body shapes in the futurelaugh

Post edited by niksnolem on
  • NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

j cade said:

After having played around with it for 5 minutes....

Stop focusing so much on the characters and how many you get, etc. if you don get characters its worthless

All told the characters just a part of the tool.

In the attached image the two things circled in red use the character morphs *everything else* all the stuff labled move, scale, rotate inflate m/f is completely independent of the character morphs.

the first column controls larger areas and the second column controls finer details

so select move in the first column select the dot on the ears and you move them in any direction, select move in the second column select the tip of the ear and move that in any direction. ect etc etc.

afaik the blending of characters seems to be done by having them have been manually converted into a bunch of separate morphs, DAZ might have figured out a more automated way of doing this, but it most likely involves a good bit of manual work, so I can understand why its not all just free updates.

Thank you, this is the information I've been waiting for.