There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

octacores? ooo octacores. i haven't built a pc since the pentium4 days.

i like the starting music from zoo tycoon. giving myself 150,000 to start my zoo, marine mania, dinosaur diggs :) several giftshop options

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Last day of my 4-day vacation, and I have complaints!

- Have to go back to work tomorrow :shut:
    - Ate too many hot wings and my guts are hating on me like no tomorrow
    - Feel to iffy to go outside :down:

Non-complaints:

- Raptor mug! :cheese:
    - Only a f day work week :smirk:
    - Playing Total Annihilation :coolsmile:

Ugh, more Tums...

edited December 1969

i keep tums within reach. life would be torture without em.

one time, i heard theres a thing you can put in a pot of boiling pasta, would stop the water from foaming over, as happens when pasta is too starchy

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,074
    edited December 1969

Found these in my yard today! Spring harbingers. :)

0309151245.jpg
    1500 x 1165 - 421K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Oooooh, very pretty! :cheese: :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:

Yes, I am jealous, I only have snow drops so far.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited March 2015

tjohn said:

We have daffodils in our garden. But they'd have to contend with 2.5 to 3 feet of snow. :down: They don't grow that tall! They never come up this early, either.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

We have daffodils in our garden. But they'd have to contend with 2.5 to 3 feet of snow. :down: They don't grow that tall! They never come up this early, either.

Dana
    Two years ago we had a warmer winter than usual here (Southeast Tennessee) and the daffodils started blooming the first week of January.
    Most years it's late February. :)

edited December 1969

afternoon snooozzls

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

i like the starting music from zoo tycoon. giving myself 150,000 to start my zoo, marine mania, dinosaur diggs :) several giftshop options

...my next build (when I can secure the funding) will be a dual Octacore system. 32 CPU threads. That might even be enough to make even Reality/Lux render a scene in less than a day.
    edited December 1969

i keep tums within reach. life would be torture without em.

one time, i heard theres a thing you can put in a pot of boiling pasta, would stop the water from foaming over, as happens when pasta is too starchy

...I place a large wooden spoon across the top of the pot, and it works. Trick I learned from "Life hacks".
    edited March 2015

tjohn said:

...we had them blooming in the first week of February. Saw the first tulips as well as the first flutterby of the season yesterday.

Trees are beginning to look "fuzzy green" as leaf buds are ready to pop. A few trees already going into leaf in the neighbourhood.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

Two years ago we had a warmer winter than usual here (Southeast Tennessee) and the daffodils started blooming the first week of January.

Ours come up in mid April usually. They don't last long, either, maybe a month. This is from April 2013. I thought I took some last year, but they're not on my computer.

Dana

Oh, my. The power just went out. The UPS beeped. But it only lasted a minute. It's back now. I have to reset things that don't reset themselves now. :shut:

Daffodils_close_up.jpg
    1995 x 1496 - 2M
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

Ours come up in mid April usually. They don't last long, either, maybe a month. This is from April 2013. I thought I took some last year, but they're not on my computer.

Dana

Oh, my. The power just went out. The UPS beeped. But it only lasted a minute. It's back now. I have to reset things that don't reset themselves now. :shut:
    Oooo...two-toned! Mine are just yellow. :)
    The good news is the power is ON. With 2-3 feet of snow that is not always the case. Glad for you.

Hmmm... I wonder if Skiriki got enough snow to make her happy? :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

I put a cookie that I just got today on my desk to have later. Now it is just an empty cookie container. My cookie disappeared. I blame Kurt the Betta even though there is no evidence that he got out of his tank and ate a cookie that is at least four times his size.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Ever-so-tasty expresso coffee is somehow more flavoursome sipped not gulped in a getting-to-work rush :)

edited December 1969

great egg yolk in sky :lol:

borrowed it from Melbourne, it bringing 45 degrees today. melting shall commence :)

Iz grey and overcast here so ypu can send it back anytime :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:

Yes, I am jealous, I only have snow drops so far.

Fabulous. Our tomatoes are nearly over, think it is broccili planting time here already :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...my next build (when I can secure the funding) will be a dual Octacore system. 32 CPU threads. That might even be enough to make even Reality/Lux render a scene in less than a day.

E5 v3's are looking good for a renderbeast
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/189518-intels-new-18-core-haswell-xeon-chips-will-try-to-preempt-the-arm-server-onslaught

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Ever-so-tasty expresso coffee is somehow more flavoursome sipped not gulped in a getting-to-work rush :)

Yep, while I was off sipping the coffee while not on a bus was very nice! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Got a GIANT INSECT problem> No worries, call VICKY'S EXTERMINATION SERVICE!

VICKY KILLS BUGS DEAD!! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

I_HATE_SPIDERS.jpg
    800 x 600 - 316K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

Dana

The good news is the power is ON. With 2-3 feet of snow that is not always the case. Glad for you.

Thanks! I'm glad, too. We've had a couple of pretty nice days. And it's supposed to continue like this for at least another two or three days. Nights are different. It's still getting cold at night. In fact, I just went to get the mail and found a little black ice on the driveway from the snow melt. But at least it is beginning to melt. I hope we don't get another April Fool snowstorm like we did in the late 90s.

Dana

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited March 2015

Dang-nabbit!

Somebody put a $4200 charge on my credit card.

My only credit card.

The good news is the bank cancelled the $4200 charge.

The bad news is the card is now cancelled, so I can't buy anything in March Madness until I get the new card... and I was going to pick up Blooming Alley and Honey Bolt, and get the Holo Map Console for free. >:-(

(I've deleted the card from my account here, and I'll add the new card once I know the number.)

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

whoa great :lol: and almost as big as the bugs here :lol:

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    ps1borg said:

Yep, while I was off sipping the coffee while not on a bus was very nice! :coolsmile:

Hoping two weeks is enough to calm down a little :) Uh oh, there is about a dozen Mynah's sitting in a row on the fence watching my every move :lol:

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dang-nabbit!

My only credit card.

The bad news is I can't buy anything in March Madness until I get the new card... and I was going to pick up Blooming Alley and Honey Bolt, and get the Holo Map Console for free. >:-(

(I've deleted the card from my account here, and I'll add the new card once I know the number.)

Oh bad luck. Seems to have been a big exploit the past couple of weeks, is good the banks are all over it for you :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

Dana

Thanks! I'm glad, too. We've had a couple of pretty nice days. And it's supposed to continue like this for at least another two or three days. Nights are different. It's still getting cold at night. In fact, I just went to get the mail and found a little black ice on the driveway from the snow melt. But at least it is beginning to melt. I hope we don't get another April Fool snowstorm like we did in the late 90s.

Dana

Was the coolest summer for years here, am very grateful because for the first time in a while no wildfires got into the suburbs but I gurss it was an ill fated season for many :)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dang-nabbit!

My only credit card.

The bad news is I can't buy anything in March Madness until I get the new card... and I was going to pick up Blooming Alley and Honey Bolt, and get the Holo Map Console for free. >:-(

DAYUM, that's VERY complaint-worthy! :ahhh: :ahhh:

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2015

TroutFace said:

SnowSultan once made a Smacky render of her looking somewhat exhausted after killing a giant spider. I said the caption should be, "Oh, was this your pet? My bad!" :lol:

Oddly enough, one of the best exercises you can do to prevent lower back pain is called the Dead Bug. You lie on your back on the floor, or on an exercise mat, then make crawling motions with your arms and legs, like a bug that whiffed too much Raid...

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
This discussion has been closed.