There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    chohole said:
    You could use a broadband speed test site like this one http://www.speedtest.net/

I am currently downloading at 1.8mb/s manual download from DAZ 3D

That just sat there, telling me it was finding the best server based on ping.

Dana

It takes a moment, but there's a chance a plugin might be interferring? (NoScript, etc)

Mine says 14ms and 32.59mb download. Quite a bit better than when I was in my place at the next valley over, was like... 670ms and I didn't bother looking at the download speed XD

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Oops, sorry! I'm fine and mostly upright, :lol:
    At what point does "I can't think of anything to say" become lurking? :)

Glad to see you!

I guess if you post that you can't think of anything to post, then you're not lurking. :)

Dana

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    chohole said:
    You could use a broadband speed test site like this one http://www.speedtest.net/

Dana

It takes a moment, but there's a chance a plugin might be interferring? (NoScript, etc)

Mine says 14ms and 32.59mb download. Quite a bit better than when I was in my place at the next valley over, was like... 670ms and I didn't bother looking at the download speed XD

I usually top out at between 3MB/sec and 4MB/sec at DAZ3D, but it usually floats around and sometimes dips as low as just barely above dial-up speed. Of course, you know that it depends on the server at the other end. It doesn't matter how fast your service is nor your computer, if the server at the other end can't stream faster than 1MB/sec, that's all you'll get.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    chohole said:

Dana

I usually top out at between 3MB/sec and 4MB/sec at DAZ3D, but it usually floats around and sometimes dips as low as just barely above dial-up speed. Of course, you know that it depends on the server at the other end. It doesn't matter how fast your service is nor your computer, if the server at the other end can't stream faster than 1MB/sec, that's all you'll get.

Dana

I am still thoroughly enjoying my 1.6-2mb/s it is quite a change form the old 160-200kb/s i used to get till I let myself be talked into upgrading.

They talked it up a storm, offered me a free line installation ofr my phone so I could get the BB and a new router, but they really didn't have to twist my arm up my back too far, as I had been contemplating the switch as soon as I discovered that they had enabled fibre in our neck of the woods, but as I knew my existing contract was coming to an end I was sitting there waiting for them to phone and offer me inducements, because I know that is how my ISP works.

Actually I did far better than normal on this upgrade because when I moved I apparently moved into one of the very few houses in the village that didn't have a BT land line connected, so along with a reduced rate for the first 12 months and a new router I had the land line enabled for free (Normal cost £130). So the upgrade and moving the services were all done in one hit.

The 3 weeks I was without an internet connection were hell, but I am not sure anyone here even noticed I wasn't around.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Glad to see you!

I guess if you post that you can't think of anything to post, then you're not lurking. :)

Dana

I know you were lurking, just not posting, because I also was worried but went to your profile to check the last time you had visited. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    chohole said:

Dana

Dana

I am still thoroughly enjoying my 1.6-2mb/s it is quite a change form the old 160-200kb/s i used to get till I let myself be talked into upgrading.

They talked it up a storm, offered me a free line installation ofr my phone so I could get the BB and a new router, but they really didn't have to twist my arm up my back too far, as I had been contemplating the switch as soon as I discovered that they had enabled fibre in our neck of the woods, but as I knew my existing contract was coming to an end I was sitting there waiting for them to phone and offer me inducements, because I know that is how my ISP works.

Actually I did far better than normal on this upgrade because when I moved I apparently moved into one of the very few houses in the village that didn't have a BT land line connected, so along with a reduced rate for the first 12 months and a new router I had the land line enabled for free (Normal cost £130). So the upgrade and moving the services were all done in one hit.

The 3 weeks I was without an internet connection were hell, but I am not sure anyone here even noticed I wasn't around.

Oh, we noticed!

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Big city not so sleepy quiet so far today, there is horrible noise echoing over rooftops onto streets empty today for the ironically named Labour Day holiday :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Iz good to hear you are OK :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    chohole said:

Dana

Dana

Hey Cho iz back yay :)

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    Pinup drop! This is called "My Bedroom", that's a somewhat "enhanced" Giselle in her sporty bikini.. :red:

Hey great, very sporty :)

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    Here is the dark dream of the gods.. GLIORFICCUS :red::red:

https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality/glorifcius

A dark ambient nightmare, the dream of light, the reality of darkness :down:

Can't wait for the album, can I pre order anywhere ?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...most likely, an updated Flash.

probably should install flash since it is probably not installed at the moment.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Big city not so sleepy quiet so far today, there is horrible noise echoing over rooftops onto streets empty today for the ironically named Labour Day holiday :)

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood mornnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnningggggggggggggggggg! :cheese: :cheese:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:
    Here is the dark dream of the gods.. GLIORFICCUS :red::red:

https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality/glorifcius

A dark ambient nightmare, the dream of light, the reality of darkness :down:

Can't wait for the album, can I pre order anywhere ?

Patience, young Padawan... ;-) You might get a promotional copy.. :P

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,140
    edited December 1969

I am troubleshooting something by searching for google. I went to the first result and it said go to my apple icon. My computer does not have an apple icon. Of course it won't because this is not a mac.

edited December 1969

*huggletackles Rezca*

I LOVE MY RAPTOR MUG!!!!!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

eyelids crashing down zzzzzz

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    *huggletackles Rezca*

I LOVE MY RAPTOR MUG!!!!!!!

Emily was very happy to hear people liked them when I told you all about it too x3

edited December 1969

I am troubleshooting something by searching for google. I went to the first result and it said go to my apple icon. My computer does not have an apple icon. Of course it won't because this is not a mac.

Did someone say APPLES?!

SproutStudy.jpg
    464 x 600 - 283K
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 1969

hacsart said:
    chohole said:
    I have one of those old fashioned phones that plug into the wall. I gave up mobile phones when I gave up working for a living. I had far too many years of being tied to that blasted phone and was very happy to hand it back when I retired. However I parted with the company car keys less happily.

Indeed - a landline will work even in a power outage - which is why we keep a phone plugged is - like you...
    I do not own a cell phone, and have absolutely no need or desire to own one, or God forbid - a soi disant "smart" phone..

and in line with the thread title - I've seen worse when I was working..

wowww :bug: is that Boston? :)

Heh - one could think so. but its near Revelstoke...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Did someone say APPLES?!
    ...nice.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited March 2015

...well just got home from spending a wonderful day in the sun. Hit 74° in the hood today 69° at the airport (but who lives at the airport?).

Never understood why the "official" temperature is recorded at the airport when it is pretty much outside of the central city. Here in Portland it is along the Columbia River, which depending on the winds, can be quite different than here in the middle of town. In the centre of town it hit 81°

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,074
    edited December 1969

(pokes thread with stick. thread grunts, snorts and goes back to sleep.)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Did someone say APPLES?!

Thinking about moving to New York ? :lol:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well just got home from spending a wonderful day in the sun. Hit 74° in the hood today 69° at the airport (but who lives at the airport?).

Never understood why the "official" temperature is recorded at the airport when it is pretty much outside of the central city. Here in Portland it is along the Columbia River, which depending on the winds, can be quite different than here in the middle of town. In the centre of town it hit 81°

Wuz warm here as well but there is a little chill in the air, crowds started to thin out when the sun went down, even the fireworks were a little lame tonight, definitely the end of summer here *le sigh*

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

It's been raining all night. My backyard is now Lake Toney. Ian and I should go to the garage and find my unflateable 2-man boat. Surely it would hold 1 old lady and 1 small boy.

edited December 1969

lost an hour of sleep,

my eyelids are puffy, one side is extra droopy.

spilt coffee on the new carpet. >.<</p>

is March 9 a bad luck day or something? better not to go outside today.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    It's been raining all night. My backyard is now Lake Toney. Ian and I should go to the garage and find my unflateable 2-man boat. Surely it would hold 1 old lady and 1 small boy.

tjohn's thread-poke stick musta been a rainstick :lol:

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Misty, was that really sunshine I saw in your pictures or did you just turn on a light out there?

edited December 1969

great egg yolk in sky :lol:

borrowed it from Melbourne, it bringing 45 degrees today. melting shall commence :)

This discussion has been closed.