Carrara Challenge #61 – Iconic movie Scene - WIP Thread

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

Thats a classic film and your image sums up an iconic scene beautifully @ed3d!

I agree, it looks good.  But where is the actual multipass? :)

Nice one ed3d.  I love that movie.  Quirky in the best possible way.

If anyone genuinely wants a model of a multipass, the modeling guru Stezza provided a free one here.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4187146/#Comment_4187146

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

ed3D said:

Headwax said:

Well, thanx  _very much 

~ and then ~  

Looking great !!!

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170

Not for Challenge consideration, but in keeping with the theme. I did this scene many years ago for the purpose of creating hand drawn art from it.  Much like Bunyipo02 is doing in another thread! I modeled the set, and the props from blueprints and pics of the props, plus studying movie clips. I think I used Michael 4 for the model.

I know you good people know which classic movie this is from!wink

Quinn in spaceship13.jpg
    1920 x 1242 - 450K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

@Bagboy well, I feel a real nunce... I have no idea which classic movie your render is from but it looks pretty cool and great modelling yes frown

Stezza said:

@Bagboy well, I feel a real nunce... I have no idea which classic movie your render is from but it looks pretty cool and great modelling yes frown

Forbidden Planet ? Lovely scene !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Yes!  Released in 1956. A rare A feature sci-fi MGM film. Think Robby the Robot. Plus Leslie Nielson, Ann Francis, and Walter Pidgeon.

Check it out if you've never seen it.

A bit of a cheat. I guess I should have mentioned this depicted a scene that occurred off-screen.cheeky 

senior moment laugh

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Bagboy said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Yes!  Released in 1956. A rare A feature sci-fi MGM film. Think Robby the Robot. Plus Leslie Nielson, Ann Francis, and Walter Pidgeon.

Check it out if you've never seen it.

A bit of a cheat. I guess I should have mentioned this depicted a scene that occurred off-screen.cheeky 

well you had me guessing too :) Nice render :)

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,118

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

~ kinda'  an build up of the elements    " i guess " 

is in  subsequent   versions  _  thanx 

Diomede said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

Nice one ed3d.  I love that movie.  Quirky in the best possible way.

If anyone genuinely wants a model of a multipass, the modeling guru Stezza provided a free one here.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4187146/#Comment_4187146

and then ~ 

thanx very  kindly   _ might look at  Stezza Multi-Pass   yes 

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Headwax said:

Well, thanx  _very much 

~ and then ~  

Looking great !!!

~  thanx very much  ~ 

edited February 2022

and then ~ 

Lee_MP BLU 2AT.png
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by ed3D on

BagBoy - nice one.  They forgot about the id!  And then he forgot about the id.  Id, id, id.

ed3D - Leeloo, leeloo!  Glad you liked the multipass.

edited February 2022

Not an Entry - Again.

Don't know why, but events have me remembering this classic scene.  Made with my custom figures, eg., Brash.  I think Brash makes a decent Heston.

It is a madhouse.  A madhouse.

Post edited by Diomede on

Here is a clip.

Madhouse A Madhouse WIP Fun.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 221K
    edited February 2022

talking about mad

here's Mad Max

MadMax.png
    800 x 600 - 757K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Diomede said:

Not an Entry - Again.

Don't know why, but events have me remembering this classic scene.  Made with my custom figures, eg., Brash.  I think Brash makes a decent Heston.

terrific job on the water !

Stezza said:

talking about mad

here's Mad Max

great feeling for the movie, looks like The Western Suburbs on a quite quiet night

ed3D said:

and then ~ 

Even better now !!!

Diomede said:

Not an Entry - Again.

Nice scene !!!

Stezza said:

talking about mad

here's Mad Max

Awesome !!!

Diomede said:

BagBoy - nice one.  They forgot about the id!  And then he forgot about the id.  Id, id, id.

ed3D - Leeloo, leeloo!  Glad you liked the multipass.

I didn't think I was the only one who remembered this film! laugh

Truly a great movie!  It'd be a candidate for a remake, but I don't think anybody can improve upon it.

But I digress...wink

edited February 2022

Not an Entry - Yet Again

Probably not a lot of baseball fans among the remaining Carrara regulars.  However, the sport is currently suspended while they work out a new contract.  This time of year I would be traveling to my old haunts in Florida to watch baseball Spring Training and go fishing with old friends.  Anyway, a nice distraction from the world is to think about baseball.  There is an iconic movie scene depicting Lou Gehrig, a great player from long ago.  In addition to being great, he never missed a game for years and years, setting the record for consecutive games back then.  Sadly, he then got a disease which ended his career.  He gave a famous farewell speech to Yankees fans.  'Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.'  Not a dry eye in the movie house. 

So, here I made a quick baseball uniform for G2M, some half circle banners, microphones from the Jazz set by @TangoAlpha, and I offer a non-entry of Gary Cooper in 'Pride of the Yankees.'

Pride of the Yankees 01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 116K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Here is a clip from the movie.  Hope you have something close to dry your tears.

edited February 2022

Hey Diomede, great job on mirroring that scene.

I watched it wiythout sound (am at work) and it was even emotive as a silent movie!

Hope @Philemo_Carrara  opens up the entry thread soon as I will be vanishing for a while (annual sabbatical) and don't want to miss putting the entries in.

cheers from Oz :)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited February 2022

Any guesses on this one?

Mystery show.png
    1800 x 1103 - 2M
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Headwax said:

Hey Diomede, great job on mirroring that scene.

I watched it wiythout sound (am at work) and it was even emotive as a silent movie!

Hope @Philemo_Carrara  opens up the entry thread soon as I will be vanishing for a while (annual sabbatical) and don't want to miss putting the entries in.

cheers from Oz :)

+1 yes

UnifiedBrain said:

Any guesses on this one?

Nice render !!! Hints/clues ?

UnifiedBrain - love the power and simplicity of the render.  I have no guess, though.

@Headwax - if you attach your final images to another post in this thread with instructions/permission to add to the entry list, someone can do it for you while you are unavailable.  Or, at least we can ask, but I doubt Philemo would object.

• Thanks Bunyip and Diomede.  It is from a modern Sci-Fi TV series.  The image is in the opening credits.

If no one here has ever seen it - I only learned about it two months ago - then I will reveal it tomorrow.