Carrara Challenge #61 – Iconic movie Scene - WIP Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Diomede said:

Great recent additions.  No time to comment.  I am traveling and my laptop died.  It is a relatively new laptop.  I am very angry.  Will have to send it back to the manufacturer.  Am signing on from a borrowed IPad.  Will add my images to entry thread when I return to Arkansas during the middle of the week.  Argh.

Hope it can be fixed/replaced under warranty ......

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2022

The manufacturer has still not allowed me to speak to anyone on the phone.  Aaargh.  Outrageous.  Even if they fix it and send it back or replace it, I am selling it and replacing with another brand.  This is terrible customer service.  MSI.

I am home on my desktop again.  Still a little time to revive my vintage claymation Mad Monster Party project.  Here is my current state of affairs.  I have made a Dracula character with morphs of my old man from a previous challenge on game scenes.  I have created a Francesca character from morphs of my femme fatale character from the film noir challenge.  I have made a Felix character from morphs from a previous claymation dude.  Each has some custom Carrara hair.  I still need to do some final touches on clothes for Francesca and Felix, but I am close.

Here is a WIP of the characters and a music clip from the movie.

WIP Mad Monster Party March 13.jpg
    800 x 600 - 39K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited March 2022

And another clip to include Dracula.  Francesca has a lot of wardrobe changes.

Some of the characters I could have chosen from are in this clip.  The Mummy.  Hunchback of Notre Dame.  The Invisible Man.  Frankenstein.  Etc, etc.

edited March 2022

Entry - Rankin/Bass Mad Monster Party Tribute

I chose a picnic scene.  Dracula tries to bite Felix while Francesca leads Felix on a picnic.  But Felix bumbles his way to foil Dracula just like Felix bumbles his way to foil the other monsters.  Francesca is originally in league with Dracula to steal Felix's inheritence, but Francesca eventually falls in love with Felix.

Small amount of postwork to fix some of Francesca's hair that was poking through her hat.  Original render and final attached.  Scene setup also attached.

Everything created, rigged, textured, etc in Carrara, although many items are edits of stuff I made for previous challenges.

Mad Monster Party Rankin Bass Picnic.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 267K
    Mad Monster 01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 207K
    Mad Monster Party setup.jpg
    919 x 745 - 145K

Diomede said:

Entry - Rankin/Bass Mad Monster Party Tribute

I chose a picnic scene.  Dracula tries to bite Felix while Francesca leads Felix on a picnic.  But Felix bumbles his way to foil Dracula just like Felix bumbles his way to foil the other monsters.  Francesca is originally in league with Dracula to steal Felix's inheritence, but Francesca eventually falls in love with Felix.

Small amount of postwork to fix some of Francesca's hair that was poking through her hat.  Original render and final attached.  Scene setup also attached.

Everything created, rigged, textured, etc in Carrara, although many items are edits of stuff I made for previous challenges.

Looking great !!!

Thanks, Bunyip.  

Yo, @Stezza, will you be adding your renders to the entry thread?

Diomede said:

Thanks, Bunyip.  

Hopefully Stezza didn't get wet feet again .....

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Thanks, Bunyip.  

Hopefully Stezza didn't get wet feet again .....

Oh no.  Sending blessings to all the Australians in the path of extreme weather.

• Diomede said:

Thanks, Bunyip.  

Yes please, I'm waiting for you, @Vyusur and @ed3D to close the entry thread 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,118

Philemo_Carrara said:

Diomede said:

Thanks, Bunyip.  

Yes please, I'm waiting for you, @Vyusur and @ed3D to close the entry thread 

~ Alrite Then _ Thanx

will have in a littl while 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Yes, good work there Diomede.  Very close to the original.  I admire your ability to do this with custom characters.

I had never heard of the Rankin material.  I am not a fan of the singing scenes, but the dialog was clever, and the animation was fun.  You have to give the animators credit for having the patience to use that technique. 

Philemo, I hope everyone enters.  It is worth delaying the closing if necessary.

• UnifiedBrain said:

Yes, good work there Diomede.  Very close to the original.  I admire your ability to do this with custom characters.

I had never heard of the Rankin material.  I am not a fan of the singing scenes, but the dialog was clever, and the animation was fun.  You have to give the animators credit for having the patience to use that technique. 

Philemo, I hope everyone enters.  It is worth delaying the closing if necessary.

I agree. I think it's indeed better to wait a little. 

edited March 2022

Philemo_Carrara said:

UnifiedBrain said:

I agree. I think it's indeed better to wait a little. 

And I thought you were agreeing with 'good work there Diomede.'  wink

Thanks for the kind comment, UB.

edited March 2022

~  And Then 

Vanilla Sky - End

2JMP_SSHOT 1.png
    1920 x 1034 - 219K
    G1_JMP-1AFF.png
    1600 x 900 - 120K
    Post edited by ed3D on
    edited March 2022

~  And Then 

The Fifth Element Multipass 

2LEE_MP 1SSHOT.png
    1920 x 1038 - 338K
    LeeL_MP-BLU_1AFF.png
    1600 x 900 - 182K
    2MP_LeeL 2AF.png
    1920 x 1039 - 331K
    Post edited by ed3D on
    edited March 2022

ed3D and Veronika, great to see you get your entries in.  

Hey, no one told me that Dracula's monocle got lost somehow.  Hope Philemo does not mind my swapping out my entry for the monocle.  I have updated my entry for the attached.

Mad Monster Party Rankin Bass Picnic Monocle.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 267K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    Hey fellow carrarians, I'm in hospital with broken bones. I can't post my images if someone would be so kind to do it for me. Dunno when I'm getting out!

Oh no, @Stezza.  Sounds ominous.  Sending you all the positive Karma available.  Get well soon.

I will see if I can post your entries from the WIP thread.

@Stezza, your entries have been added.  Sorry, I mistakenly posted what must have been a time-zone joke but I deleted it.  Please let me know if any of the 4 images I chose were wrong.

Mend quickly!  Update us on life when you get a chance even if you are not doing any wacky modeling for a while.

Stezza said:

Hey fellow carrarians, I'm in hospital with broken bones. I can't post my images if someone would be so kind to do it for me. Dunno when I'm getting out!

Get better real soon !!!!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

oh dear heal up Stezza heart

Nice job Diomede.

Stezza, hope you recover quickly!

UnifiedBrain said:

Nice job Diomede.

Stezza, hope you recover quickly!

+ 1  ~ 

edited April 2022

~  And Then 

N/A -

Post edited by ed3D on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Diomede said:

@Stezza, your entries have been added.  Sorry, I mistakenly posted what must have been a time-zone joke but I deleted it.  Please let me know if any of the 4 images I chose were wrong.

Mend quickly!  Update us on life when you get a chance even if you are not doing any wacky modeling for a while.

thanks @diomede and everyone

outta hospital now, up to the PC in a wheelchair as I have 4 fractures in my foot.. ouchy wa wa surprise

Why do I sense that wacky plaster casts are forthcoming? smiley

Seriously, glad you are on the mend.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

I am curious what Stezza did, kicked a rock? stepped in a pot hole? dropped an anvil on his foot?

Glad you are out of the hospital.  Get well soon.

I sense a production of Rear Window 2: Wacky Viewing

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

thanks @diomede and everyone

outta hospital now, up to the PC in a wheelchair as I have 4 fractures in my foot.. ouchy wa wa surprise

Good news you are out !!! Look after that foot ...