Heads up! Carrara 8.5 pro for 14 Bucks. Calling Evil et al.

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

There appears to be an 8 hour sale. Spend 50 dollars and get 20 dollars off.
Not sure how it works but here is my cart pic. I am Pc+ and already own 8.5 pro.

Untitled-1.jpg
2000 x 1073 - 170K

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Wow! Not sure how the sale gets it to that price, freaking impressive. Someone should post this in the Commons, but if it's a glitch maybe we better keep a lid on it for a bit.

Now I need to go into used-car salesman mode to lure Evil into 8.5, lol. C'mon Evil, you are already able to do better tech support for 8.5 issues than Daz ever bothers to do, come over to the dark side and play with some Bullet physics and other cool stuff, muhahaha

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Hehehhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :)
    Yes, wasnt sure whether it was dazglitch.
    Yes, we need Evil to update.
    Maybe I should get him one for Christmas ;)
    I sent him a PM, hopefully he is awake.

edited December 1969

Headwax, how'd you get that into your cart? I was going to try just to see if I could get the same discount, but since I've already purchased I don't think I can add it. Or maybe you never went to 8.5 and are still using 8?

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Hehehhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :)
    Yes, wasnt sure whether it was dazglitch.
    Yes, we need Evil to update.
    Maybe I should get him one for Christmas ;)
    I sent him a PM, hopefully he is awake.

He just posted a few minutes ago in the render thread, I think he's around. It would be the suck if fate conspired against him and he never saw the post in time.

edited December 1969

Ah no, I gave my money to Daz :)
    In the shop you have to untick the box that says "hide my purchased items" or similar

edited December 1969

here it is , near the bottom

Untitled-12.jpg
    1099 x 1245 - 298K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Not a PC member, can't afford $50.00 bucks of other stuff, and my PPC Mac won't run it. It's a conspiracy all right. Or maybe a perfect storm?

Thanks for the kind thoughts! It is appreciated! :)

I actually don't mind C7.2 Pro. It is very stable for me, and I don't have to f^%$ around with all that Genesis BS. I would like to play with Bullet, but that can wait.

edited December 1969

Bummer!
    I was hoping you could get 8.5 so I could ask you questions about how to use it!

7.2 was a good year :)

edited March 2015

Dang, is there a way for us to gift it to him? Evil pours so much good stuff into this forum and is always helpful and responsive for newcomers, it don't seem right he doesn't have access to the latest and greatest version (though some would surely argue against 'greatest' lol)...

PS, I just figured out how to load it in the cart and it's showing for $12.50! Sweet sunshine that low, I'd say you can pick it up for a song, but actually if you tried to pay a song for it Daz would have to give change :)

Can we buy things a 2nd time? Will it generate a 2nd serial number?

Oh and I didn't have buy $50 of anything to get that price, it's just showing plain old $12.50 in my cart (along with this week's freebies which I also added to the cart)

Post edited by Jonstark on
    edited December 1969

Ah, not sure. :) Someone asked about transferring licences recently and the answer was 'no' I think.

edited December 1969

Well, Joe did offer me a hundred bucks for changing that pose.... :lol: :lol:

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited March 2015

Carrara 8.5 pro and training are 50% off for the weekend in the MM catchup sales.
    RingoMonforts store is also 50% off.

http://www.daz3d.com/ringomonfort

Post edited by 3drendero on
    edited March 2015

Added 50% off sales today for Carrara. Need to buy 2 items to get the full 50%.

http://www.daz3d.com/mimic-pro-for-carrara

http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-carrara-techniques

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-elite-bundle

Post edited by 3drendero on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

OK so can you buy "another one" to put on a different computer, eg my laptop??? Could I then copy my DAZ file folders with content to said laptop?

Sorry to be confused.com

:) SileneUK

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    OK so can you buy "another one" to put on a different computer, eg my laptop??? Could I then copy my DAZ file folders with content to said laptop?

Sorry to be confused.com

No you don't need to buy another one for a different computer. You need to buy 2 items from the MM sale to get the 50% discount, any 2 items, not 2 of the same item.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    SileneUK said:

Sorry to be confused.com

No you don't need to buy another one for a different computer. You need to buy 2 items from the MM sale to get the 50% discount, any 2 items, not 2 of the same item.

Ahhhh....OK, thanks CH for putting me right on this.

Got a couple of shaders of Ringo's that I didn't have. With the horrid weather here, I am happy to work inside today.

:-) SileneUK

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    chohole said:
    SileneUK said:

Sorry to be confused.com

Ahhhh....OK, thanks CH for putting me right on this.

Got a couple of shaders of Ringo's that I didn't have. With the horrid weather here, I am happy to work inside today.

:-) SileneUK

Ah you got some lovely weather as well. I had to get up an hour earlier than I wanted to only to find howling winds and torrential rain, plus the Central heating boiler was an hour slow, so the house was cold.

edited December 1969

Oh, you forgot about BST, I did, too! Well I hope this is out like a lion and in like a lamb... need to organise outside DIY and soon! :) SileneUK

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Oh, you forgot about BST, I did, too! Well I hope this is out like a lion and in like a lamb... need to organise outside DIY and soon! :) SileneUK

All my other clocks change automagically. So I only forgot to reset the central heating clock before going to bed.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I thought we had a feature that would let us purchase an item as a gift for someone else. Maybe I'm just confused with another site. I would love to be able to surprise my granddaughter with gifts of items.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I thought we had a feature that would let us purchase an item as a gift for someone else. Maybe I'm just confused with another site. I would love to be able to surprise my granddaughter with gifts of items.

Unfortunately no we don't have that. Gift Certs are the only possibility.

edited December 1969

Would be nice to be able to gift items, not just certificates, where can we send feature requests for the store?

Going back to the OP, Carrara 8.5 Pro today is:

-Non-PC member: $94,48 with the Victoria 6 Carrara shaders (can be changed to any Carrara shader by Ringo: http://www.daz3d.com/ringomonfort )
    -PC member: $41,47 with the Victoria 6 Carrara shaders (can be changed to any Carrara shader by Ringo: http://www.daz3d.com/ringomonfort )
    -PC membership starts from 14,4$ for a quarter or $12 with another MM item (see above), today.

Non-PC member that buys PC membership first: $55,87 lowest cost, but there is also training at 50% off when buying at once...

edited December 1969

thanks 3drendero

edited December 1969

carrara has gone up to 19.50 in my cart

edited March 2015

head wax said:
    carrara has gone up to 19.50 in my cart

Pesos? ;-)

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Ha ha ! No sorry..... , that's us which is 120 bucks oz. ;)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

FYI Evil,
    I almost never use Genesis and still prefer 8.5... but that's me ;)

But before you get the wrong idea, the above comment refers to the time I've spent so far. But after successfully building a G2F Rosie character, I'm totally sold on how fine of a figure the Genesis 2 lineup is, so I will be glad to have G2 (well, and G1, which has multitudes of wonderful things going for it) compatibility. So I am expecting to see myself moving forward into using Genesis on a regular basis within the next couple of weeks here - especially with Jon's wonderful hair help! :)

There are so many great things going for 8.5 Pro beyond just the move to 64 bit (referring to the jump from 7.x) and Genesis support. Something that I think might be of particular interest being the addition of "Multi-Layer" in the channels of the Texture room. Behold, follow the screen shot from left to right. It shows the new Multi-Layer system and the choices it provides. I've also added some translucent arrows pointing at the fact that we have 'Opacity' sliders for each layer. Something that the screen shot does not show is that, each multi-layer element may be set to any of the shader channel choices as usual, so they may be image maps, animations, procedural functions, etc.,

That one small addition is worth the fifty bucks alone, and more! ;)

ShaderMultiLayer.jpg
    1217 x 645 - 426K
    edited December 1969

well never knew that, I guess you cant work this up in 8.5 and open it in 8.1 ;)

edited December 1969

I never knew about this either, thanks Dart! Honestly the texture room is already super powerful, this just adds a whole new dimension...