[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369

greg_82000392 said:

You have changed my life with this product RiverSoftArt. I have regained the will to live!

I had split many assets into seperate libraries to limit the number of morphs available at any one time. Now they are all merged back to one character library and it is still much faster than any of the subdivided libraries.

I am so glad you like it smiley

The only additional thing I would love is a button to copy selected morphs in the product list to the filtered list or at least copy the name to the clipboard. Re-typing the name exactly as it appears in the list can be frustrating.

If I can figure out how to do a context menu (right click) on a list view, I will be happy to do it.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

This is an excellent product RiversoftArt. Purchased this morning and im about to purchase the Booster Utilities. To be perfectly honest, ive been waiting for a product like this for a LLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time!!! A utility like this shouldve been native to DAZ3D since Genesis.

A must have for daz enthusiests. Gongratulations and Thanks for the good work!

You're welcome!  and thank you for the kind words!

Hey, Ive stumbled on some sort of issue. The manager is no longer identifying all of my morphs and characters, just a mix of the configuration I created and a few random others including the last character I used. Any suggestions?

I can still see all of my data files. They have been renamed with the file extension .tlOff . I guess I need to figure out how to turn them all on again? Please help.

It sounds like you disabled them and then accidentally cleared your morph list.  There is a "Reset Morph Directories" button in options.

Cool, thanks. I new it had to be something basic. Ill try that out.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

This is an excellent product RiversoftArt. Purchased this morning and im about to purchase the Booster Utilities. To be perfectly honest, ive been waiting for a product like this for a LLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time!!! A utility like this shouldve been native to DAZ3D since Genesis.

Hey, Ive stumbled on some sort of issue. The manager is no longer identifying all of my morphs and characters, just a mix of the configuration I created and a few random others including the last character I used. Any suggestions?

I can still see all of my data files. They have been renamed with the file extension .tlOff . I guess I need to figure out how to turn them all on again? Please help.

It sounds like you disabled them and then accidentally cleared your morph list.  There is a "Reset Morph Directories" button in options.

So, when I press "Reset Morph Directories" it brings up the DAZStudio4 folder and wants me to select something (another folder). What should I select? The data folder?

Nevermind, I figured it out. All my morphs are back in business.

I guess if I have any critiques for the product it might be to simplify the interface a little bit so that neanderthals like myself dont go pressing random buttons and losing stuff. Also, the user guide could be a little more specific.

I was using this all day before I messed it up. At first I didnt think that I would even bother with the versions for previous genesis models but now im thinking, why not? The memory that one saves with this program is fantastic! Thanks again.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • I guess what I'm wondering about this product is can I create indivual characters with etra morphs turned off. Like, spin up a charcter. Run the TL and save that figure with the unwanted morphs disabled. And then reload it. It seems like TL switches off the morphs globally, so all G8F's have the same morphs disabled. I guess what I'm looking for is a figure by figure option. Does that functionaly work?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Dumb-dumb question:

Say I have a bunch of morphs I regularly use, like the G8F Head or Body morphs.  Can I have those whitelisted, so that they are ignored in the exclusions?  Likewise, there are a couple of characters I regularly use to add certain features, and it would be nice if those were enabled by default, as well.  Can I set that up so that I won't need to enable them each time?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909

Sevrin said:

Dumb-dumb question:

Say I have a bunch of morphs I regularly use, like the G8F Head or Body morphs.  Can I have those whitelisted, so that they are ignored in the exclusions?  Likewise, there are a couple of characters I regularly use to add certain features, and it would be nice if those were enabled by default, as well.  Can I set that up so that I won't need to enable them each time?

I was wondering the same thing myself.

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

So, when I press "Reset Morph Directories" it brings up the DAZStudio4 folder and wants me to select something (another folder). What should I select? The data folder?

Nevermind, I figured it out. All my morphs are back in business.

I meant to say use the Reset Content Directories in v1.1.  You don't need to specify any directories; it uses the content directory manager directories.

I guess if I have any critiques for the product it might be to simplify the interface a little bit so that neanderthals like myself dont go pressing random buttons and losing stuff. Also, the user guide could be a little more specific.

I was using this all day before I messed it up. At first I didnt think that I would even bother with the versions for previous genesis models but now im thinking, why not? The memory that one saves with this program is fantastic! Thanks again.

You're welcome!  I am glad you love it. smiley

DoctorJellybean said:

Sevrin said:

Dumb-dumb question:

I was wondering the same thing myself.

You can do it at the Product level.  First, make sure the morphs are on and then add the Product to the Filtered Product list in Options.  Any product in there will not show up in the morph list and so cannot be turned off.

• KerwinKerwin Posts: 124

After using this script for a few weeks, I can say I love this tool! It's a 100x easier than manually moving morphs around!

Kerwin said:

After using this script for a few weeks, I can say I love this tool! It's a 100x easier than manually moving morphs around!

Thank you!  I am glad you love it! smiley

• I bought the Boost Utilities and performed the reset of Turbo Loader now everything just shows as unknown product

DAZStudio_OjG26P5pW2.png
    979 x 1069 - 469K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

weirdsciencex said:

I bought the Boost Utilities and performed the reset of Turbo Loader now everything just shows as unknown product

This has been discussed several times earlier in this same thread. Best you inform yourself, rather than rehashing the same arguments.

weirdsciencex said:

I bought the Boost Utilities and performed the reset of Turbo Loader now everything just shows as unknown product

Booster Utilities would have nothing to do with everything showing as unknown product (nor would doing the scan again). It sounds like they were NOT showing as unknown before.  What changed?  Did you move stuff?   Are you logged in?  

• weirdsciencexweirdsciencex Posts: 21
    edited June 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

weirdsciencex said:

Booster Utilities would have nothing to do with everything showing as unknown product (nor would doing the scan again). It sounds like they were NOT showing as unknown before.  What changed?  Did you move stuff?   Are you logged in? 

I did have to do a clean installation of Daz at one stage, I think this is the first time I've used Turbo Loader since then.  I know when I used it on 4.16 the product names showed up then.

Edit:

I logged in via Daz, and it downloaded some metadata and then some *unknowns* were identified, I tend to stay logged out as Daz Connect has messed up my installs more than once, I use DIM or manual installations for 3rd Party and I understand they won't identify

I meant to say, amazing product, the slowdowns on Daz had pushed me away from using it or only having a small percentage of purchased products installed, this really is a game changer and something sorely needed! laugh

Post edited by weirdsciencex on

weirdsciencex said:

RiverSoftArt said:

weirdsciencex said:

I did have to do a clean installation of Daz at one stage, I think this is the first time I've used Turbo Loader since then.  I know when I used it on 4.16 the product names showed up then.

Sounds like you need DS to update its database.  Log IN and watch the status line at the bottom as it updates stuff.

• jgerboth_bbe6196385 said:

I guess what I'm wondering about this product is can I create indivual characters with etra morphs turned off. Like, spin up a charcter. Run the TL and save that figure with the unwanted morphs disabled. And then reload it. It seems like TL switches off the morphs globally, so all G8F's have the same morphs disabled. I guess what I'm looking for is a figure by figure option. Does that functionaly work?

Ok, so since I have'nt heard back from you on it I guess I can specutlate. This product switches morphs on globally. All on or All off. So if I use a set of mophs to make a character. I have to leave those morphs on all the time if I want to use it. I cant't build a characer and shut off the morphs I didn't use to make that character, and then load another clean fully loaded G8.1 and make another character with the full morphs activated.

So this product really just turns morphs on and off for Daz studio. Which seems great, but it cannot be used from one subset to subset. I just want to know if this is a product I would be interested in buying, but with no response, what am I supposed to think?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

You can save configurations that will selectively turn on or off the morphs you choose. Yes, you have to set it up, then run it before loading the character, but it only takes a few seconds. You can have some that turn on morphs, others that turn off morphs. The Turbo Loader Booster Utilities can help streamline that process.

edited June 2022

jgerboth_bbe6196385 said:

jgerboth_bbe6196385 said:

I guess what I'm wondering about this product is can I create indivual characters with etra morphs turned off. Like, spin up a charcter. Run the TL and save that figure with the unwanted morphs disabled. And then reload it. It seems like TL switches off the morphs globally, so all G8F's have the same morphs disabled. I guess what I'm looking for is a figure by figure option. Does that functionaly work?

Ok, so since I have'nt heard back from you on it I guess I can specutlate. This product switches morphs on globally. All on or All off. So if I use a set of mophs to make a character. I have to leave those morphs on all the time if I want to use it. I cant't build a characer and shut off the morphs I didn't use to make that character, and then load another clean fully loaded G8.1 and make another character with the full morphs activated.

So this product really just turns morphs on and off for Daz studio. Which seems great, but it cannot be used from one subset to subset. I just want to know if this is a product I would be interested in buying, but with no response, what am I supposed to think?

Sorry for missing your post.  All morphs are global.  You can set up configurations to turn on the morphs for a figure (and the Scene Configuration script can help you figure out which ones).  With the Turbo Loader Booster Utilities add-on, there is an open script that will read the character file, turn on morphs used, and then load the character.  

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

NorthOf45 said:

You can save configurations that will selectively turn on or off the morphs you choose. Yes, you have to set it up, then run it before loading the character, but it only takes a few seconds. You can have some that turn on morphs, others that turn off morphs. The Turbo Loader Booster Utilities can help streamline that process.

Thanks for the help NorthOf45smiley

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited June 2022

Trying re-downloading... edited previous post

Post edited by Chumly on

Chumly said:

Trying re-downloading... edited previous post

??  Hopefully whatever was wrong is right now smiley

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Yes... I had manually downloaded it way back, but just got around to DIM-ing it in.  I think I had the old one.  I logged in/connected got the update and now everything is working.

I run a before/after load.... and post my result.

Chumly said:

Yes... I had manually downloaded it way back, but just got around to DIM-ing it in.  I think I had the old one.  I logged in/connected got the update and now everything is working.

I run a before/after load.... and post my result.

Great!  I am curious about your results! smiley

• Depa3DDepa3D Posts: 22

Good day, I'm running into a bug. I have hundreds of products. I scanned a few days ago and it picked up all the products. I disabled most of them. (Close to 800 G8F characters and morph packs)

I went to rescan after purchasing some new characters this week and now it's only showing 105 products and won't detect the disabled products that Turbo Loader had previously turned off.

Any insight or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Depa3D said:

Good day, I'm running into a bug. I have hundreds of products. I scanned a few days ago and it picked up all the products. I disabled most of them. (Close to 800 G8F characters and morph packs)

I went to rescan after purchasing some new characters this week and now it's only showing 105 products and won't detect the disabled products that Turbo Loader had previously turned off.

Thanks,

Tom

It sounds like you accidentally cleared your morph list before rescanning, which you should not do.  A scan will add to the current list.  You will have to reset everything using the Reset Content Directories button on the Options tab.

• Depa3DDepa3D Posts: 22

RiverSoftArt said:

Depa3D said:

Thanks,

Tom

It sounds like you accidentally cleared your morph list before rescanning, which you should not do.  A scan will add to the current list.  You will have to reset everything using the Reset Content Directories button on the Options tab.

Actually had to reset it, and then rescan. Looks like it caught them all.

Thanks,

Tom

Depa3D said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Depa3D said:

Thanks,

Tom

Actually had to reset it, and then rescan. Looks like it caught them all.

Thanks,

Tom

Great.  I am glad you got them back.

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 136
    edited June 2022

I purchased 7 days ago so I assume that I have v1.1, but everything shows up as unknown.

So I logged in through Daz Studio, updated the database, then ran the scan.

Everything still shows up as unknown. 

The product still works though.

I have all of my assets on an external hard drive, and everything was installed manually as I dont use DIM or Daz Central.

Post edited by johnjohn808 on

johnjohn808 said:

I purchased 7 days ago so I assume that I have v1.1, but everything shows up as unknown.

I have all of my assets on an external hard drive, and everything was installed manually as I dont use DIM or Daz Central.

The version number will show up in the header of the Turbo Loader Manager.

Not using DIM or Daz Central? I don't know if that is keeping DS from recognizing any product, but probably sad.  I do not know how to fix that.  If DS doesn't know any of the products, the script has to make a guess.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909

RiverSoftArt said:

johnjohn808 said:

The version number will show up in the header of the Turbo Loader Manager.

Not using DIM or Daz Central? I don't know if that is keeping DS from recognizing any product, but probably sad.  I do not know how to fix that.  If DS doesn't know any of the products, the script has to make a guess.

Where is your database located? How did you install DAz Studio and PostgreSQL?