[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Hi RiverSoft,

Thanks for the 1.1 update. Just downloaded. Need to re-active all morphs and then check it out. And the upcoming utilities already discribed on YouTube look even more promising. Thankfully I have some store credit left ;-)

One question: The configurations are cool to quickly enable morphs for a particular figure. To disable them again one needs to save a configuration with everything unchecked, right? I don't know whether this is feasible but wouldn't it be even better to have a two column window for the configurations. left column would be available (or inactive), right column would be activated. That way it would be easy to quickly disable just some particular morphs and don't go back to zero having then to re-enable several configurations. What do you think?

I am not sure I understand your idea completely.  Which script are you looking to improve?  One issue, depending on the script, is that to figure out if a morph is active can be expensive as the script would have to look on disk for the morph (so for example, in TLM, refresh status is a button since it can take quite awhile to figure out active morphs for everything)

Well a second question regarding the "unknown products" and the "logged in"-state. So I do need to login in studio do make sure that the database is current, right? Should I be logged in during scan? Do I need to trigger any DB update manually? Thanks!

What I have seen with testers is that logging in can make a big difference.  You don't need to be logged in for every scan.  My recommendation, unless you cannot run it logged in (i.e., you are on a computer that does not have internet connection), is to run at least ONCE with DS logged in.  You don't need to trigger anything manually as far as I can determine.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well a second question regarding the "unknown products" and the "logged in"-state. So I do need to login in studio do make sure that the database is current, right? Should I be logged in during scan? Do I need to trigger any DB update manually? Thanks!

Yes, login in Studio so that the database can be updated. You don't need to be logged in during a scan, once a week should be fine.

And how long do I need to be logged in for an update to safely happen? Seconds, minutes, hours? Thanks!

Rod Wise Driggo said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Yes, login in Studio so that the database can be updated. You don't need to be logged in during a scan, once a week should be fine.

And how long do I need to be logged in for an update to safely happen? Seconds, minutes, hours? Thanks!

I am not sure.  My guess is to start DS, log in, wait a minute and then exit.  I *think* the long shutdown that DS does sometimes is when it is updating its files and database.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

RiverSoftArt said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I am not sure.  My guess is to start DS, log in, wait a minute and then exit.  I *think* the long shutdown that DS does sometimes is when it is updating its files and database.

When you log in, you should see an info message at the bottom of the screen. Once that process is complete, then you are good.

LogIn.jpg
    224 x 84 - 7K

DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

When you log in, you should see an info message at the bottom of the screen. Once that process is complete, then you are good.

Thank you!  I forgot about that.

Thanks guys, Studio is just updating some 17.000 (sic!) items.

I am not sure I understand your idea completely.  Which script are you looking to improve?  One issue, depending on the script, is that to figure out if a morph is active can be expensive as the script would have to look on disk for the morph (so for example, in TLM, refresh status is a button since it can take quite awhile to figure out active morphs for everything)

My question/idea is as follows:
    My understanding for the configurations is that one needs to save configurations with a certain set of morphs on, right?
    So to go back to "no morphs" one would need to save a configuration ("nothing") with nothing seclected, right?
    Now if I would i.e. save a configuration "Vicky 8" and "Olympia 8" I can trigger both to have the morphs for both figures on and trigger the configuration "nothing" to have them turned off again.
    What I cannot do is just turn off the morphs for "Vicky 8". I would need to turn off everything and then turn the configuration "Vicky 8" back on.
    Now if the interface would know the active and the inactive configurations I could just put one of the two configurations mentioned above to inactive and have only the morphs from the "active" configuration still on.
    The script would only need to save the state of the configurations and it's associated morphs. No re-scanning necessary until one would do a manual change in the G8F manager.

One more question:
    It seems that nearly all of my Mousso figures are in the list whereas I have only installed some via DIM. Same thing with other vendors. Reason might be that those figures share some morphs. Is there a way to filter out products/figures from the list which are only there for them using shared morphs? Rule would be that only products are shown which include at least one morph which is not shared with other products. Feasible?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Now, why would I have to log in to update the database when I have everything installed and up to date with DIM? What is being updated exactly, and why should it make a difference? I have no intention of ever Connect-ing. Sounds like DIM-only users are being left out of the loop.

NorthOf45 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Now, why would I have to log in to update the database when I have everything installed and up to date with DIM? What is being updated exactly, and why should it make a difference? I have no intention of ever Connect-ing. Sounds like DIM-only users are being left out of the loop.

Metadata gets updated via DAZ Connect.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298

NorthOf45 said:

That does sound strange.

The side effect of logging in is that 'Smart' Content starts giving the impression that products require installation as they are not installed with DAZ Connect - Which leads to people installing the products the second time to another location (the Cloud-folder) and lots of messages about products not working...

Rod Wise Driggo said:

My understanding for the configurations is that one needs to save configurations with a certain set of morphs on, right?
    So to go back to "no morphs" one would need to save a configuration ("nothing") with nothing seclected, right?

Now if I would i.e. save a configuration "Vicky 8" and "Olympia 8" I can trigger both to have the morphs for both figures on and trigger the configuration "nothing" to have them turned off again.
    What I cannot do is just turn off the morphs for "Vicky 8". I would need to turn off everything and then turn the configuration "Vicky 8" back on.

You can check all and then uncheck some and save a Disabled Morphs Configuration if you wanted to target particular product(s).  You can also just selected Vicky 8 in the Turbo Loader Manager and then execute selected.

Now if the interface would know the active and the inactive configurations I could just put one of the two configurations mentioned above to inactive and have only the morphs from the "active" configuration still on.
    The script would only need to save the state of the configurations and it's associated morphs. No re-scanning necessary until one would do a manual change in the G8F manager.

The Manager and the configurations (and for that matter manually in File Explorer) can all change the state of morphs so scanning would always be necessary.

One more question:
    It seems that nearly all of my Mousso figures are in the list whereas I have only installed some via DIM. Same thing with other vendors. Reason might be that those figures share some morphs. Is there a way to filter out products/figures from the list which are only there for them using shared morphs? Rule would be that only products are shown which include at least one morph which is not shared with other products. Feasible?

Feasible.  I think so.  So you would want an option to remove products that only have duplicate morphs?

RiverSoftArt said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

You can check all and then uncheck some and save a Disabled Morphs Configuration if you wanted to target particular product(s).  You can also just selected Vicky 8 in the Turbo Loader Manager and then execute selected.

The Manager and the configurations (and for that matter manually in File Explorer) can all change the state of morphs so scanning would always be necessary.

One more question:

Feasible.  I think so.  So you would want an option to remove products that only have duplicate morphs?

Just hide 'em in the list. Would make it easier to disable morphs from fully installed figures.

edited May 2022

PerttiA said:

NorthOf45 said:

That does sound strange.

The side effect of logging in is that 'Smart' Content starts giving the impression that products require installation as they are not installed with DAZ Connect - Which leads to people installing the products the second time to another location (the Cloud-folder) and lots of messages about products not working...

Well I am also DIM only. But logging in and just let studio update the meta-data solved things "unknown-product"-wise. Now basically only the 3rd party morphs (which 99% of them I installed with Content Manager) remain unknown.

Another question from this:
    I think it was mentioned that the phrase *** unknown product *** can be edited in the constants file, right? If I do so do I need to do a full re-scan or is it changed in the already created list? Thanks!

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

DoctorJellybean said:

NorthOf45 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Metadata gets updated via DAZ Connect.

That has been know to cause problems from time to time, and I expect it will again. What part of the metadata is updated? Are you saying that the metadata from Connect is different than what is in the DIM-downloaded packages? If so, why is it different? How is it that every single product has different versions of metadata? Why can't the DIM downloads have the same metadata as Connect? Sounds like DIM is treated as second-class.

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

I bought this product last night and plan to set it up today. Am I safe to assume I have the 1.1 update?

I'm happy to report my load times on my first tests...  my runtime is 80% G8/8.1M with very minimal females, so I have tested with those:

---

Pre TL
    Base G8.1M 52 secs

Post TL
    Base G8.1M 14 Secs

---

Morph count was at around 11k i think?

Am I right in thinking that if I want to work on a brand new character I need to enable all morphs, then when I an happy with his look, I save a config for that particular character, which I must load before I add him to any scene? Ergo, if I want to add another character, I would then load that character's config file before loading him? Rinse and repeat?

If so, how do I know which morphs I have used, save for keeping a pen and paper handy and writing down every morph I use or remove?  I usually just twiddle away happily at the diallers until I get a look I am happy with, with not much notice taken of which morphs come from which product set?

TATSU 3D said:

I'm happy to report my load times on my first tests...  my runtime is 80% G8/8.1M with very minimal females, so I have tested with those:

---

Pre TL
    Base G8.1M 52 secs

Post TL
    Base G8.1M 14 Secs

---

Am I right in thinking that if I want to work on a brand new character I need to enable all morphs, then when I an happy with his look, I save a config for that particular character, which I must load before I add him to any scene? Ergo, if I want to add another character, I would then load that character's config file before loading him? Rinse and repeat?

If so, how do I know which morphs I have used, save for keeping a pen and paper handy and writing down every morph I use or remove?  I usually just twiddle away happily at the diallers until I get a look I am happy with, with not much notice taken of which morphs come from which product set?

Thanks for the results.

Yes, that is what you need to do.  However, you can use the TL Scene Configuration script to save that "scene's" configuration of your character.  It will figure out all the used dials.  No paper and pen needed. smiley

RiverSoftArt said:

TATSU 3D said:

---

Pre TL
    Base G8.1M 52 secs

Post TL
    Base G8.1M 14 Secs

---

Thanks for the results.

Yes, that is what you need to do.  However, you can use the TL Scene Configuration script to save that "scene's" configuration of your character.  It will figure out all the used dials.  No paper and pen needed. smiley

I totally missed that part in the video! Awesome stuff, and thanks for the reply!

TATSU 3D said:

RiverSoftArt said:

TATSU 3D said:

---

Pre TL
    Base G8.1M 52 secs

Post TL
    Base G8.1M 14 Secs

---

Thanks for the results.

I totally missed that part in the video! Awesome stuff, and thanks for the reply!

You're welcome!  And I am glad you like it!

I do have one more question....

So I created a brand new character. I got him the way I liked, and saved him. Then I ran the TL Scene Configuration script, and sure enough it shows all the morphs used in the creation of the character.

So I save this as a .txt file under the character's name, and close DAZ.

I reboot DAZ, and get TL to open the characters config file, and it shows the few selected morphs used as mentioned.  However, when the character loads, every dialler is still available in the parameters tab?  Am I missing something?  The character still loads super fast though, but I want to streamline my workflow as mich as possible, and keep the loaded morphs to an absolute minimum when working in a multi-actor scene.

TATSU 3D said:

I do have one more question....

So I created a brand new character. I got him the way I liked, and saved him. Then I ran the TL Scene Configuration script, and sure enough it shows all the morphs used in the creation of the character.

So I save this as a .txt file under the character's name, and close DAZ.

You don't need to close Daz, but you do need a new scene.  You also need to disable the morphs.  At this point, because you had everything enabled to dial in your character, all the morphs (including ones not used) are enabled.

I reboot DAZ, and get TL to open the characters config file, and it shows the few selected morphs used as mentioned.  However, when the character loads, every dialler is still available in the parameters tab?  Am I missing something?  The character still loads super fast though, but I want to streamline my workflow as mich as possible, and keep the loaded morphs to an absolute minimum when working in a multi-actor scene.

I have it now. I'd forgotten to disable all morphs before loading the specific character settings.

I think this will become a natural part of the workflow given time, and once I get used to using it. At present it's a bit of a fumble and a learning curve, but so far so good!

TATSU 3D said:

I have it now. I'd forgotten to disable all morphs before loading the specific character settings.

I think this will become a natural part of the workflow given time, and once I get used to using it. At present it's a bit of a fumble and a learning curve, but so far so good!

I am glad you are getting the hang of it.  It is worth it!

• DieterDieter Posts: 14

@RiverSoftArt

After running TL, I found that not all products are showing. Not even after I renewed the metadata online.
    As an example: WENG for G8.1F and MSO Eunji HD!
    Purchased and updated products are also displayed as UNKNOWN! Example aging face.
    What am I possibly doing wrong?

See screenshots

Aging Face.jpg
    404 x 319 - 30K
    Aging Face TL.jpg
    1534 x 525 - 218K
  • smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Hello River

Currenlty working with the G8Fupdate right now :

- The option to disable statistics is fantastic in term of response time on my massive library (36000 total morph)

- The search "activation" when we decide is also very convenient 

I must redefine my base config but the effort is nothing compared to the upgraded version.

My main remarks have been addressed. Many thanks for the support !

• DieterDieter Posts: 14

@RiverSoftArt

When I rescan the morphs from G8M (loading time 6 min) everything goes fine and is recognized,

but when I rescan the G8F TL aborts, the small scan window closes and DAZ exits with an error message!

See screenshots

TL G8M.jpg
    1354 x 986 - 372K
    TL G8F.jpg
    1620 x 1014 - 238K

@Dieter it would be easier for RiverSoftArt to help if you attach your log to the post.

Dieter said:

@RiverSoftArt

After running TL, I found that not all products are showing. Not even after I renewed the metadata online.
    As an example: WENG for G8.1F and MSO Eunji HD!
    Purchased and updated products are also displayed as UNKNOWN! Example aging face.
    What am I possibly doing wrong?

See screenshots

Which version are you using? 

If you have logged in and updated metadata, there is not much more you (or the script) can do.  The script is asking the DS database for products associated with the morph.  If the database doesn't return anything, there is nothing the script can do.

edited May 2022

Hello River

Currenlty working with the G8Fupdate right now :

- The option to disable statistics is fantastic in term of response time on my massive library (36000 total morph)

- The search "activation" when we decide is also very convenient 

I must redefine my base config but the effort is nothing compared to the upgraded version.

My main remarks have been addressed. Many thanks for the support !

You are very welcome!  I am glad the effort to make v1.1 was worth it!

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited May 2022

@RiverSoftArt

When I rescan the morphs from G8M (loading time 6 min) everything goes fine and is recognized,

but when I rescan the G8F TL aborts, the small scan window closes and DAZ exits with an error message!

See screenshots

Please post the Daz log

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on