[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

11011121416

Comments

  • I'm getting an error when I try and load Turbo Loader Manager for G8 female and create the morph list for the first time (1.2):

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 124

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@F:/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2022HelperFunctions.dse:124

    Daz just closes during the inspection.

    Seems to work fine for my male morphs, but maybe I have too many female morphs for the programme to manage?

  • Cantraps said:

    I'm getting an error when I try and load Turbo Loader Manager for G8 female and create the morph list for the first time (1.2):

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 124

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@F:/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2022HelperFunctions.dse:124

    Daz just closes during the inspection.

    Seems to work fine for my male morphs, but maybe I have too many female morphs for the programme to manage?

    That line of code has to do with getting the files in your morphs directory.  There is a known bug where if there are symbolic links that point back into the same directory structure, you will get an infinite loop that would eventually does this.  Look for some symbolic links and delete them.

  • RiverSoftArt said:

    Cantraps said:

    I'm getting an error when I try and load Turbo Loader Manager for G8 female and create the morph list for the first time (1.2):

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 124

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@F:/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2022HelperFunctions.dse:124

    Daz just closes during the inspection.

    Seems to work fine for my male morphs, but maybe I have too many female morphs for the programme to manage?

    That line of code has to do with getting the files in your morphs directory.  There is a known bug where if there are symbolic links that point back into the same directory structure, you will get an infinite loop that would eventually does this.  Look for some symbolic links and delete them.

    That got it, thanks. 

  • Cantraps said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Cantraps said:

    I'm getting an error when I try and load Turbo Loader Manager for G8 female and create the morph list for the first time (1.2):

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 124

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded.

    2022-12-04 09:24:59.702 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace: <anonymous>()@F:/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2022HelperFunctions.dse:124

    Daz just closes during the inspection.

    Seems to work fine for my male morphs, but maybe I have too many female morphs for the programme to manage?

    That line of code has to do with getting the files in your morphs directory.  There is a known bug where if there are symbolic links that point back into the same directory structure, you will get an infinite loop that would eventually does this.  Look for some symbolic links and delete them.

    That got it, thanks. 

    Awesome!  I am glad it worked for you.

    I do have a fix in the pipeline but it is not there yet.

  • I found if your missing morphs. Just reset the content library and in my case. All my g8f morphs appeared. Now lets see what I can blow up now :)
  • Damn. I wanted to Re-Scan my Morphs. But had 75% of Morphs disabled before I cleared things. Once I do a scan now Turbo Loader seems to not find the disabled morphs. What do I need to select/change to have TL recognize disabled morphs again?

  • Rod Wise Driggo said:

    Damn. I wanted to Re-Scan my Morphs. But had 75% of Morphs disabled before I cleared things. Once I do a scan now Turbo Loader seems to not find the disabled morphs. What do I need to select/change to have TL recognize disabled morphs again?

    Easiest is to start the respecive "Manager" script - e.g.  "TurboLoader Manager for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females". It might first scan your current list of morphs, but should present you with the user interface right after. 

    On the "Options" tab, select "Reset Morph Directory". This will reset all modified morphs in that directory to its original file ending. (See also the TurboLoader manual on page 7, esp. if you are using Daz Connect)

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    Rod Wise Driggo said:

    Damn. I wanted to Re-Scan my Morphs. But had 75% of Morphs disabled before I cleared things. Once I do a scan now Turbo Loader seems to not find the disabled morphs. What do I need to select/change to have TL recognize disabled morphs again?

    Easiest is to start the respecive "Manager" script - e.g.  "TurboLoader Manager for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females". It might first scan your current list of morphs, but should present you with the user interface right after. 

    On the "Options" tab, select "Reset Morph Directory". This will reset all modified morphs in that directory to its original file ending. (See also the TurboLoader manual on page 7, esp. if you are using Daz Connect)

    Thanks @Mark_e593e0a5!  That is correct.  (It looks like the forums are not notifying me again)

  • Hi - I'm getting fatal execution errors on this script. I don't have a clue how to fix this, even after reading other's problems above. It never gets to the main control panel screen. This appears to be a file open permissions issue. This is running on the latest version of macos.

    2023-01-30 13:11:47.754 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    2023-01-30 13:11:50.685 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: SaveSettingsToXML( filename )

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: Unable to open file for writing: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/scripting/dsfile.cpp(331): Could not open source file in Dir::copy()!

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sFileCopyError

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

    <anonymous>()@/Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSTurboLoaderFunctions.dse:2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.159 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

  • w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    Hi - I'm getting fatal execution errors on this script. I don't have a clue how to fix this, even after reading other's problems above. It never gets to the main control panel screen. This appears to be a file open permissions issue. This is running on the latest version of macos.

    2023-01-30 13:11:47.754 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    2023-01-30 13:11:50.685 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: SaveSettingsToXML( filename )

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: Unable to open file for writing: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/scripting/dsfile.cpp(331): Could not open source file in Dir::copy()!

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sFileCopyError

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

    <anonymous>()@/Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSTurboLoaderFunctions.dse:2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.159 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    Ok, so it turned out it was indeed a permissions issue. For anyone else suffering this issue, selected /Library/ApplicationSupport/Daz3D folder in Finder, select 'GetInfo'. Click the padlock in the bottom right to gain full authority and change the 'everyone' to 'read/write' - it defaults to 'read only'. 

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    Hi - I'm getting fatal execution errors on this script. I don't have a clue how to fix this, even after reading other's problems above. It never gets to the main control panel screen. This appears to be a file open permissions issue. This is running on the latest version of macos.

    2023-01-30 13:11:47.754 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    2023-01-30 13:11:50.685 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: SaveSettingsToXML( filename )

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: Unable to open file for writing: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/scripting/dsfile.cpp(331): Could not open source file in Dir::copy()!

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sFileCopyError

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

    <anonymous>()@/Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSTurboLoaderFunctions.dse:2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.159 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    Ok, so it turned out it was indeed a permissions issue. For anyone else suffering this issue, selected /Library/ApplicationSupport/Daz3D folder in Finder, select 'GetInfo'. Click the padlock in the bottom right to gain full authority and change the 'everyone' to 'read/write' - it defaults to 'read only'. 

    Thank you for sharing this info! smiley

  • RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    Hi - I'm getting fatal execution errors on this script. I don't have a clue how to fix this, even after reading other's problems above. It never gets to the main control panel screen. This appears to be a file open permissions issue. This is running on the latest version of macos.

    2023-01-30 13:11:47.754 [INFO] :: Loading script: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    2023-01-30 13:11:50.685 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: SaveSettingsToXML( filename )

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [DEBUG] :: Unable to open file for writing: /Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Turbo Loader/Cache/Genesis8Female.txt

    2023-01-30 13:11:55.641 [WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/scripting/dsfile.cpp(331): Could not open source file in Dir::copy()!

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sFileCopyError

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.149 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

    <anonymous>()@/Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSTurboLoaderFunctions.dse:2176

    2023-01-30 13:11:56.159 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

    Ok, so it turned out it was indeed a permissions issue. For anyone else suffering this issue, selected /Library/ApplicationSupport/Daz3D folder in Finder, select 'GetInfo'. Click the padlock in the bottom right to gain full authority and change the 'everyone' to 'read/write' - it defaults to 'read only'. 

    Thank you for sharing this info! smiley

    My pleasure! Thanks for everything you do! Looking forward to more G9 tools! 

  • Using turbo loader I have completely messed up my installations. N0 scene  now loads without file not found errors. Slow loads are far better than no loads. How can I get all my morphs back?  

  • lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

    Using turbo loader I have completely messed up my installations. N0 scene  now loads without file not found errors. Slow loads are far better than no loads. How can I get all my morphs back?  

    Just reset the morph files. To do that, start the respecive "Manager" script - e.g.  "TurboLoader Manager for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females". It might first scan your current list of morphs, but should present you with the user interface right after. 

    On the "Options" tab, select "Reset Morph Directory". This will reset all modified morphs in that directory to its original file ending. (See also the TurboLoader manual on page 7, esp. if you are using Daz Connect)

     

     

  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

    Using turbo loader I have completely messed up my installations. N0 scene  now loads without file not found errors. Slow loads are far better than no loads. How can I get all my morphs back?  

    Just reset the morph files. To do that, start the respecive "Manager" script - e.g.  "TurboLoader Manager for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females". It might first scan your current list of morphs, but should present you with the user interface right after. 

    On the "Options" tab, select "Reset Morph Directory". This will reset all modified morphs in that directory to its original file ending. (See also the TurboLoader manual on page 7, esp. if you are using Daz Connect)

    Actually, I recommend "Reset Content Directories..." which will reset all content directories.

    BTW, I think you have misunderstood how TL works.  It renames morphs so DS won't find them.  If you just load an old scene after disabling all the morphs, DS will correctly give you a lot of missing file errors. If you need them for a scene, you turn those morphs on using TL before loading the scene.  You can do that by using Turbo Loader Booster Utilities to do that on the fly (i.e., open the scene using TLBU Open and it will scan the scene file, enable all morphs needed, and then load the scene).  OR, after making a scene you like, use Turbo Loader Scene Configuration to save all the morphs used, then you can load that configuration BEFORE loading the scene next time, ensuring all morphs are present.

     

     

  • Hi! First time Turbo Loader here. I ran the Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female amnd unchecked all the morphs. Then I loaded a preexisting scene of two Daz8 girls. I expected to get notifications only for the missing morhps, instead I got the enclosed screen cap. It seems that Daz is missing dozens of morhps for a simple scene of two girls. Obviosuly such a broad messege makes adding needed morphs quite tedious, as I have memorize or guess which ones I used.

     

    Am I using Turbo Loader properly? What are the best practices for using it for existing scenes?

     

     

     

     

    Turbo.jpg
    902 x 788 - 255K
  • doorknob22 said:

    Hi! First time Turbo Loader here. I ran the Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female amnd unchecked all the morphs. Then I loaded a preexisting scene of two Daz8 girls. I expected to get notifications only for the missing morhps, instead I got the enclosed screen cap. It seems that Daz is missing dozens of morhps for a simple scene of two girls. Obviosuly such a broad messege makes adding needed morphs quite tedious, as I have memorize or guess which ones I used.

     

    Am I using Turbo Loader properly? What are the best practices for using it for existing scenes?

    Best practice is when you are working on a scene to use the Turbo Loader Scene Configuration script to save a configuration of all the morphs used in the scene.  Then, before loading the scene later, you would use the Turbo Loader Configurations to turn on all the morphs in that configuration.

    The Turbo Loader Booster Utilities product makes it easier.  It contains Open/Merge File scripts, which will scan a file (scene, character preset), enable all morphs used by it, and then load the scene.  No need to save configurations.

     

     

     

  • Thank you for your prompt reply! However, I'm still unable to wrap my head around using the Turbo Loader properly in a scene. 

    1. I loaded my original scene 

    2. Ran Turbo Loader Scene Configuration and saved all the morphs

    3. Created a new, empty scene

    4. Ran Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female and unchecked all morphs

    5. Ran Turbo Loader Scene Configuration and loaded my file from step 2

    6. Loaded the original scene

    The scene is loaded with no morphs at all. 

     

    I'd greatly appreciate simple step by step instructions on how to optimize an existing scene from scratch. I read the Readme file forward and backwards but I'm unable to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

     

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323
    edited February 2023

    doorknob22 said:

    Thank you for your prompt reply! However, I'm still unable to wrap my head around using the Turbo Loader properly in a scene. 

    1. I loaded my original scene 

    2. Ran Turbo Loader Scene Configuration and saved all the morphs

    3. Created a new, empty scene

    4. Ran Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female and unchecked all morphs

     

    5. Ran Turbo Loader Scene Configuration and loaded my file from step 2

    If you truly ran "Turbo Loader Scene Configuration" again, you just saved another configuration (or overwrote the one from step 2 with an empty configuration if the scene was empty).  You need to run Turbo Loader Configurations (different script) to select a configuration, click Load Configuration and have the morphs enabled.

    6. Loaded the original scene

    The scene is loaded with no morphs at all. 

     

    I'd greatly appreciate simple step by step instructions on how to optimize an existing scene from scratch. I read the Readme file forward and backwards but I'm unable to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

     

    Post edited by RiverSoftArt on
  • Ok. I got it to work, sort of. Of the two girls in the scene one loaded perfectly, the other partially, some morphs didn't load. But now I know the correct flow to use the scripts so I'll try to take it from here.

    BTW:  I re-read the User Manual and those 6 steps I specified, which are probably what many users use the product for, don't appear in such clarity. You might want to add a "TL;DR" six steps in the beginning so people can dive right in. Thanks!

  • doorknob22 said:

    Ok. I got it to work, sort of. Of the two girls in the scene one loaded perfectly, the other partially, some morphs didn't load. But now I know the correct flow to use the scripts so I'll try to take it from here.

    Strange.  It shouldn't be partially.



    BTW:  I re-read the User Manual and those 6 steps I specified, which are probably what many users use the product for, don't appear in such clarity. You might want to add a "TL;DR" six steps in the beginning so people can dive right in. Thanks!

    You are right.  I list a basic use of operation, but i don't explicitly say to use Turbo Loader Configurations to turn on a set of morphs before loading a scene.

  • Hi, Is there a way to combine scene configurations? I have a bunch of characters that use many different morphs. But I notice when I load each figure scene configuration it only loads the list of morphs used with that current scene config I had the figure saved in.
    For example:
    Jenny Config had these morphs. When Jenny is loaded from the config file. The TL script only shows her morphs list.
    But now I want to load Marie morphs to use along with Jenny. But when I load Marie's config file all of Jenny's morphs in the list disappear?

    Why isn't there a way to load Jenny and merge Marie's morphs and accumulate the morphs from both config files?

    It seems I can only have one figure config at a time unless I load all my characters into a scene at one time then save the Scene configuration to have all the morphs I need for any given figure I want to use at one time without loading all my morphs to load any figure I want.

    Am I doing it wrong or is there no work around?

  • marksinister_0f3a44cacc said:

    Hi, Is there a way to combine scene configurations? I have a bunch of characters that use many different morphs. But I notice when I load each figure scene configuration it only loads the list of morphs used with that current scene config I had the figure saved in.
    For example:
    Jenny Config had these morphs. When Jenny is loaded from the config file. The TL script only shows her morphs list.
    But now I want to load Marie morphs to use along with Jenny. But when I load Marie's config file all of Jenny's morphs in the list disappear?

    Why isn't there a way to load Jenny and merge Marie's morphs and accumulate the morphs from both config files?

    It seems I can only have one figure config at a time unless I load all my characters into a scene at one time then save the Scene configuration to have all the morphs I need for any given figure I want to use at one time without loading all my morphs to load any figure I want.

    Am I doing it wrong or is there no work around?

    For your case, just load Jenny's configuration and accept.  That scenes morphs will be enabled.  Then start the TL Config script again, select Marie's scene config and enable that.  It won't disable Jenny's.  Now both are enabled and you can work on a combined scene.  Of course, then you can save the combined scene's config to save both.

  • P302P302 Posts: 35
    edited February 2023

    Hi, 

    I have a problem with Turbo Loader Manager. At first glance everything works fine. TL finds the morphs, I can disable and enable them. I save a Morph list with everything enabled and also one with disabled morphs. I execute the list. Files get renamed. I save the settings and a configuration. Close the scipt. Re open TL Manager. The list shows the settings as I left it last time as expected.

    But everytime I close and reopen DAZ Studio TL Manager tells me that this is the first execution. Also the update hint gets displayed in no regard of the "dont show again" checkbox. If I select OK TL Manager rebuilds the list but this takes quite a while - not something I want to do all the time. If I cancel TL Manager shows no morph list of course. I can load the previously saved morph list where everything is on and update the list with "Refresh Status" the list seem to represent state of the filesystem correctly - but I have to do this every single time I start DS.

    However Turbo Loader Open File still works. I can load my scenes the morphs get enabled and if I then load TL Manager, load the complete morph list and refresh the status the additional morphs needed for my scene are enabled as expected.

    I'm working with the Public Build. I start DAZ Studio using instancing ("C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\DAZStudio.exe" -instanceName #) Is this an Issue for Turbo Loader? Where does TL store the Information on close of the Manager script? Does this get overwritten? What if I open multiple Instances of DAZ Studio?

    Post edited by P302 on
  • P302 said:

    Hi, 

    I have a problem with Turbo Loader Manager. At first glance everything works fine. TL finds the morphs, I can disable and enable them. I save a Morph list with everything enabled and also one with disabled morphs. I execute the list. Files get renamed. I save the settings and a configuration. Close the scipt. Re open TL Manager. The list shows the settings as I left it last time as expected.

    But everytime I close and reopen DAZ Studio TL Manager tells me that this is the first execution. Also the update hint gets displayed in no regard of the "dont show again" checkbox. If I select OK TL Manager rebuilds the list but this takes quite a while - not something I want to do all the time. If I cancel TL Manager shows no morph list of course. I can load the previously saved morph list where everything is on and update the list with "Refresh Status" the list seem to represent state of the filesystem correctly - but I have to do this every single time I start DS.

    However Turbo Loader Open File still works. I can load my scenes the morphs get enabled and if I then load TL Manager, load the complete morph list and refresh the status the additional morphs needed for my scene are enabled as expected.

    I'm working with the Public Build. I start DAZ Studio using instancing ("C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\DAZStudio.exe" -instanceName #) Is this an Issue for Turbo Loader? Where does TL store the Information on close of the Manager script? Does this get overwritten? What if I open multiple Instances of DAZ Studio?

    All of my scripts write their information to the registry.  If you are comfortable using RegEdit, you can load it, search for Turbo Loader and see what it is saving.  I don't know why your registry would not be working though.  Do you have issues with other of my scripts?

    As a stop gap until you figure this out, the Save and Load buttons at the top will save your morph list to a file.  

  • P302P302 Posts: 35

    RiverSoftArt said:

    oes this get overwritten? What if I open multiple Instances of DAZ Studio?

    All of my scripts write their information to the registry.  If you are comfortable using RegEdit, you can load it, search for Turbo Loader and see what it is saving.  I don't know why your registry would not be working though.  Do you have issues with other of my scripts?

    As a stop gap until you figure this out, the Save and Load buttons at the top will save your morph list to a file.  

    I see your other products like "render doctor", "look at me" etc.under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4PublicBuild and also under each instances name (e.g. Studio4PublicBuild[1]) but no" turbo loader" here. I also quickly checked if your other scripts still can access the registry for instance Render Doctor writes Custom Filename under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4PublicBuild[1]\D:\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\scripts\riversoft art\render doctor\render doctor.dse which seems to work. Also reopening Render Doctor shows the changed custom filename. But no Turbo Loader whatsoever. Cecked also other locations like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

    Do you write a log entry if you cant access the registry? Or how can I check what it tries to access?

    I'm using your workaround which is fine for me so far (I only must ensure to save out the new list once I installed a new product with morphs). However I'd be pleased if I got it working correctly.

    BTW: Character load time dropped form 2:30 to 30sec. But that's not important to me. I like to pose using IK with the Active Pose Tool. I had a slide show with one frame every 2 seconds - unusable. Now it is 6 frames per second with just the hip locked and the hand dragged. Even with heavily customized characters. So despite my quirky installation it's already a winner for me.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323
    edited February 2023

    P302 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    oes this get overwritten? What if I open multiple Instances of DAZ Studio?

    All of my scripts write their information to the registry.  If you are comfortable using RegEdit, you can load it, search for Turbo Loader and see what it is saving.  I don't know why your registry would not be working though.  Do you have issues with other of my scripts?

    As a stop gap until you figure this out, the Save and Load buttons at the top will save your morph list to a file.  

    I see your other products like "render doctor", "look at me" etc.under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4PublicBuild and also under each instances name (e.g. Studio4PublicBuild[1]) but no" turbo loader" here. I also quickly checked if your other scripts still can access the registry for instance Render Doctor writes Custom Filename under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4PublicBuild[1]\D:\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\scripts\riversoft art\render doctor\render doctor.dse which seems to work. Also reopening Render Doctor shows the changed custom filename. But no Turbo Loader whatsoever. Cecked also other locations like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

    Do you write a log entry if you cant access the registry? Or how can I check what it tries to access?

    I'm using your workaround which is fine for me so far (I only must ensure to save out the new list once I installed a new product with morphs). However I'd be pleased if I got it working correctly.

    BTW: Character load time dropped form 2:30 to 30sec. But that's not important to me. I like to pose using IK with the Active Pose Tool. I had a slide show with one frame every 2 seconds - unusable. Now it is 6 frames per second with just the hip locked and the hand dragged. Even with heavily customized characters. So despite my quirky installation it's already a winner for me.

    Well that is great the other apps work.  And I am happy TL has helped you, but let's see what the problem could be.

    It must be crashing then.  What is the log saying?

    Post edited by RiverSoftArt on
  • P302P302 Posts: 35

    The log in the GUI stays empty all the time.  The DAZ Studio log isn't telling me much on startup it shows:

    2023-02-28 16:31:26.963 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1
    2023-02-28 16:31:32.382 [WARNING] :: QString::arg: Argument missing: You need to create the morph list on first execution.  Do you want to scan for morphs?, Genesis 8 & 8.1
    2023-02-28 16:31:32.382 [WARNING] :: QString::arg: Argument missing: You need to create the morph list on first execution.  Do you want to scan for morphs?, Male
    2023-02-28 16:37:28.929 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1
    
    Nothing if I load the morph list. And on execute it logs something like:
    
    2023-02-28 16:38:29.708 [DEBUG] :: Enabling/Disabling 15172 morphs...
    2023-02-28 16:38:29.811 [DEBUG] :: Enabling data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/i3D/100 Must Have Expressions For Genesis 8 Male/Joy & Humor/alias_head_eCTRL_i3DMH_Zen.dsf
    
    [... 30000 lines of DEBUG level ... ]
    
    2023-02-28 16:38:55.813 [DEBUG] ::      data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/RedzStudio/Zak HD/FHMZak_HDLV4.dsf NOT FOUND.
    2023-02-28 16:38:55.924 [DEBUG] :: 14727 morphs were searched for
    0 Enabled (0 failed to enable)
    12 Disabled (0 failed to disable)
    14715 unchanged
    0 skipped
    in %8
    
    Note: Multiple files may exist for a morph if you use Daz Connect

    Unfortunately it does not keep the state of the LOG checkbox - this might also be persisted in the registry. I did not observe any (visible) crashes.

    Thank you for your help so far. Appreciated. My dayjob keeps me busy for the rest of the week. Next time I can look into it is Friday.

  • bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

    Off the wall question.

    In over 20 years have put together over 38 content library all containing over 50 gbs of items.

    In some cases reinstalled a few products because i could not find.

    When running your script found a load of dupes. especially Zevo aging morphs.

    Do you see a problem in using your product to locate dupes and deleting.

    Thank you

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323

    P302 said:

    The log in the GUI stays empty all the time.  The DAZ Studio log isn't telling me much on startup it shows:

    2023-02-28 16:31:26.963 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1
    2023-02-28 16:31:32.382 [WARNING] :: QString::arg: Argument missing: You need to create the morph list on first execution.  Do you want to scan for morphs?, Genesis 8 & 8.1
    2023-02-28 16:31:32.382 [WARNING] :: QString::arg: Argument missing: You need to create the morph list on first execution.  Do you want to scan for morphs?, Male
    2023-02-28 16:37:28.929 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1
    
    Nothing if I load the morph list. And on execute it logs something like:
    
    2023-02-28 16:38:29.708 [DEBUG] :: Enabling/Disabling 15172 morphs...
    2023-02-28 16:38:29.811 [DEBUG] :: Enabling data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/i3D/100 Must Have Expressions For Genesis 8 Male/Joy & Humor/alias_head_eCTRL_i3DMH_Zen.dsf
    
    [... 30000 lines of DEBUG level ... ]
    
    2023-02-28 16:38:55.813 [DEBUG] ::      data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/RedzStudio/Zak HD/FHMZak_HDLV4.dsf NOT FOUND.
    2023-02-28 16:38:55.924 [DEBUG] :: 14727 morphs were searched for
    0 Enabled (0 failed to enable)
    12 Disabled (0 failed to disable)
    14715 unchanged
    0 skipped
    in %8
    
    Note: Multiple files may exist for a morph if you use Daz Connect

    Unfortunately it does not keep the state of the LOG checkbox - this might also be persisted in the registry. I did not observe any (visible) crashes.

    Thank you for your help so far. Appreciated. My dayjob keeps me busy for the rest of the week. Next time I can look into it is Friday.

    It should show some messages on startup too (I think.  I am away from my Daz computer until Saturday too).  But it is strange that it is not even filling in the stats message.  How did you install TL?  If Daz Connect, try uninstalling, delete the files from the cloud folder for TL, and then installing with DIM.  

Sign In or Register to comment.