Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

smaker1 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

smaker1 said:

Hello

so far my experiments:

• before any TL optimization : G8F load in 12mn34 sec approx
    • I made a config with all base characters, body/faces adjustements , expressions: 1mn 30. GREAT!

Nice!  8.38x speed increase! smiley  Thank you for sharing this.

I saw that if I do a massive update (e.g. total deactivation for example), the first time I load G8F, time is mostly the same. In the log, I saw an update of a cache file that take a long time. A second G8F loading and time is completely different ! 

May be another option:

I took an old scene and, of course, plenty of morphs were not found. I activated the missings one as mentionned in the manual and made a config. Would it be possible in TL to read the scene without loading it in DS4 to make a config file ? This option exists but with a loaded scene. That would prevent the time lost to load the scene, list the missing morph, then activate them (paste name is a good way to optimize the search thanks for the idea) and then reload ? I have plenty of old scenes :-)

This is a different problem as it requires reading and understanding the scene file, going to the morphs referenced in the scene, opening and reading their files (as morphs can engage other morphs), repeat.  Much harder and more error prone.  That said, this is something I am working on as part of something I am tentatively calling Turbo Loader Booster Utilities: an on-demand enabling of the asset/scene morphs.  laugh  Unfortunately, it requires a rewrite of some of Turbo Loader to support it as assets like shape files do not store the relative path of a morph in the file.

May be something between the 2 ? Identify the top morph used in the scene and list them in a text file. Then I can go in Turboloader a load them manually. If the first step is quicker than loading the scene in DS4 and having DS4 look for all missing morphs in my "big" data folder, that's already very interesting.   

I've already gotten it working (for figures and scenes) to start extensive testing, just not for preset shapes.  Unfortunately, that looks impossible unless DS exposes some new functionality in the API.  I can enable the morphs for a preset shape, but DS will not load that morph and create the needed property so the preset shape still does not work (oh well).

smaker1 said:

If you bought plenty of G8 characters and now time to load G8 in DS4 take a very very long time. This tool disable/enable morphs to have a shorter loading time. For myself I had more or less 12 mn to load one G8F before disabling morphs and now it take 1mn 30. It could be better but I kept a group of morphs I use very often to tune the characters .

With Turboloader you don't need to uninstall/reinstall products or manage multiple libraries

If you need a specific character who's morphs are disabled : you use Turbo loader to enable the morph (and under morphs automatically) before using it. A game changer at least for myself :-).  

If you don't have any problem with G8 loading time you don't need this product  . 12 mn was not acceptable for me on my old config and I don't talk about scenes with 2 or 3 G8 :-) !

There are also plenty of other options explained in the description. Hope a non tech guy give you a better understanding of this tool  

Thank you for explaining @smaker1  I would also recommend watching the video; I think that helps.

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

It's not an insall/uninstall tool as it "only" changes the file extension of installed morphs. So all you morphs are there in the data folder.

The tool also manage the dependancies between morphs to know exactly what to enable/disable

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,873

smaker1 said:

If you bought plenty of G8 characters and now time to load G8 in DS4 take a very very long time. This tool disable/enable morphs to have a shorter loading time. For myself I had more or less 12 mn to load one G8F before disabling morphs and now it take 1mn 30. It could be better but I kept a group of morphs I use very often to tune the characters .

With Turboloader you don't need to uninstall/reinstall products or manage multiple libraries

If you need a specific character who's morphs are disabled : you use Turbo loader to enable the morph (and under morphs automatically) before using it. A game changer at least for myself :-).  

If you don't have any problem with G8 loading time you don't need this product  . 12 mn was not acceptable for me on my old config and I don't talk about scenes with 2 or 3 G8 :-) !

There are also plenty of other options explained in the description. Hope a non tech guy give you a better understanding of this tool  

So I don't need it, my G8 chars loads in about four seconds with 2000+ morphs and aliases installed. smiley

Anyway, great work with the product, the more tools DAZ Studio gets, the better. smiley

Thanks for the explanation!

Imago said:

smaker1 said:

So I don't need it, my G8 chars loads in about four seconds with 2000+ morphs and aliases installed. smiley

Anyway, great work with the product, the more tools DAZ Studio gets, the better. smiley

Thanks for the explanation!

Yup, not for you!  Until your library gets much larger.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Good day, @RiverSoftArt,

Love the concept, but all my available morphs come up as Unknown Products when doing the initial scan, for both G8M & G8F. I have everything installed with DIM, so nothing is unaccounted for in CMS. I have also made custom categories for every product, so I am wondering if that is interfering and hiding the true product name. The paths to the morphs in the list are valid, but no product name, no thumbnails. I tried removing one product from the custom categories, but it still shows up as an Unknown Product after re-scanning.

I tracked down the cache folder (ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Turbo Loader\Cache), but Cache.txt is always empty, just a pair of curly braces {}. Even after clearing the list and clearing the cache, the next time I try the Turbo Loader Manager, the full list comes up without scanning or asking for a figure to be loaded. (Nevermind, figured it out. Clear list, Save Settings).

I first tried it on 4.20.0.11 Beta, with the above results. Next I tried it on an old 4.12 General release and it did ask to load a figure to make the initial scan, but all come up as Unknown Products again. Where is the list stored, if not in the ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Turbo Loader\Cache folder? It obviously made a different list somewhere else. Maybe this list can give a clue as to why all products are Unknown...

NorthOf45 said:

Good day, @RiverSoftArt,

Love the concept, but all my available morphs come up as Unknown Products when doing the initial scan, for both G8M & G8F. I have everything installed with DIM, so nothing is unaccounted for in CMS. I have also made custom categories for every product, so I am wondering if that is interfering and hiding the true product name. The paths to the morphs in the list are valid, but no product name, no thumbnails. I tried removing one product from the custom categories, but it still shows up as an Unknown Product after re-scanning.

I tracked down the cache folder (ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Turbo Loader\Cache), but Cache.txt is always empty, just a pair of curly braces {}. Even after clearing the list and clearing the cache, the next time I try the Turbo Loader Manager, the full list comes up without scanning or asking for a figure to be loaded. (Nevermind, figured it out. Clear list, Save Settings).

I first tried it on 4.20.0.11 Beta, with the above results. Next I tried it on an old 4.12 General release and it did ask to load a figure to make the initial scan, but all come up as Unknown Products again. Where is the list stored, if not in the ProgramData\DAZ 3D\Turbo Loader\Cache folder? It obviously made a different list somewhere else. Maybe this list can give a clue as to why all products are Unknown...

The list is stored in the registry unless you use the "Save..." button.  It won't help you.  I have a patch I am working on that might help you.  Send me a PM

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

NorthOf45 said:

Good day, @RiverSoftArt,

I install all my products with DIM and put them in my own custom categories folders so all appear with "Unknow  product" mention but that don't prevent Turboloader to work perfectly. I use the last version of DS4 and only have one data folder. 

smaker1 said:

NorthOf45 said:

Good day, @RiverSoftArt,

I install all my products with DIM and put them in my own custom categories folders so all appear with "Unknow  product" mention but that don't prevent Turboloader to work perfectly. I use the last version of DS4 and only have one data folder. 

Okay, same for me, but I did not move the files from their original location, just made new categories. I am sure it will work, but it is a bit of a mess, not being sure where some of the morphs come from. Some are obvious, others, not so.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited April 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

NorthOf45 said:

Good day, @RiverSoftArt,

The list is stored in the registry unless you use the "Save..." button.  It won't help you.  I have a patch I am working on that might help you.  Send me a PM

I have the same issue, everything is shown as ***UNKNOWN PRODUCT***. I don't have custom categories. PM sent smiley

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • How does TL handle shared morphs or files? Two samples:

1)
    I started from scratch and add characters and morphs one by one. Now some figures caused multiple other figures to appear as well as they i.e. share a nail morph from P3D. Now what if I disable a character which uses this morph? And could I do away with the other characters (I might not even have) because they crowd the list?

2)
    What if that situation appears with 3rd party stuff? Because then the database might not be aware that a morph is shared by some figures.

Finally I wonder what makes morphs appear under "unknown". It is clear for 3rd party stuff but I also get that sometimes for stuff installed via DIM.

edited April 2022

Rod Wise Driggo said:

How does TL handle shared morphs or files? Two samples:

1)
    I started from scratch and add characters and morphs one by one. Now some figures caused multiple other figures to appear as well as they i.e. share a nail morph from P3D. Now what if I disable a character which uses this morph? And could I do away with the other characters (I might not even have) because they crowd the list?

You can uncheck the unnecessary characters, though keep the shared morph.  When TL is told to disable a morph, it searches for the morph, disables it, and then searches again (repeating this until it can no longer be found).  So if the morph is in a lot of character directories, it will be turned off in ALL those directories.  Similarly for enabling a morph, it searches for the disabled morph, enables it, and then searches again.  So TL is very robust that way. 

What is an issue is if you check the morph in one product and then in product later in the list, you uncheck it.  The product later in the list will turn off the morph for all earlier products.  For this reason, it is really recommended that you only do a Disable operation or an Enable operation.  Don't mix both.  I always uncheck all and execute.  If I need products turned on, I use an Enable configuration (created in TLM or by Scene Configuration) or I select that product in TLM and click "Execute Selected"

2)
    What if that situation appears with 3rd party stuff? Because then the database might not be aware that a morph is shared by some figures.

Finally I wonder what makes morphs appear under "unknown". It is clear for 3rd party stuff but I also get that sometimes for stuff installed via DIM.

It doesn't make any difference with 3rd party stuff.  TL uses DS (and its content manager directories) to find morphs.  If DS could find them, TL can find them.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

My results with Turbo Loader:

Loaded the character I was using in a new scene to get the baseline:
    Load time: 6:37.38, so over 6 1/2 minutes.

Genesis 8.1 Female scanned with Turbo Loader: 19167 morphs

Loaded the character I was using in a new scene again after enabling the morphs that I needed:
    Load time: 1:18.15... Wow! Not even 1 1/2 minutes.

Loaded the base Genesis 8.1 Female in a new scene:
    Load time: 42.92 seconds

Not sure why the difference, but still it's a major increase in how fast characters are loading. Not to mention, I will be able to use MetaMixer if I decide to try it again.

Thanks!!!

firewarden said:

Loaded the character I was using in a new scene again after enabling the morphs that I needed:

Not sure why the difference, but still it's a major increase in how fast characters are loading. Not to mention, I will be able to use MetaMixer if I decide to try it again.

Thanks!!!

You're welcome!  Thank you for sharing!

• It turns out I've got roughly 13,000 morphs for G8F. Yikes!. After paring down the unused characters and other kits, I'm left with about 5,000. Somehow my load time has changed very little. Some, not much.

More importantly though, 2 issues:

1) I too have every single item listed as ***UNKNOWN PRODUCT***. My runtime is perfect. I don't move things around, they are exactly as installed by DIM. All my 3rd party content is carefully handcrafted into Daz-canonical DIM installers with complete and correct metadata. With over 2500 products, not one has Lost and Found content, and very few that are not old Poser items are left without metadata. Anyway, TL does not seem to recognize anything, up to and including the Daz fundamental products. All of G8F and Victoria8 base morphs and JCMs are split up and scattered to the winds in the list, took a good hour to hunt everything down and mark it all for an "Essentials" profile. Without proper product categorization, MetaMixer add-ons (and its base figure morphs) are likewise comingled with other products, so one must be careful to separate the morphs by hand.

2) After the initial run, loading a scene gave me a report of a few missing morphs it needed. I enabled the needed morphs, and reloaded the scene without issue. HOWEVER... on a subsequent run I loaded a scene, had to add morphs for it, and upon closing the scene I went to reload it, and Daz told me FILE DOES NOT EXIST. <head explodes> Indeed, my scene file disappeared from the Scenes folder in the content browser.

After I calmed down and stopped inventing new swear words, I looked in Windows Explorer at my Scenes folder... and there it was... MyScene.duf had been transmogrified to MyScene.tlOff

O_O

I cannot imagine how that is possible if this only rewrites the extension on .dsf files... but do be aware of that and double-check your code. Fortunately, giving back the file's .duf extension saved it, so no harm, no foul.

I'll reserve further judgement until such time as an update (or not) but I'm unfortunately finding limited utility with this.

edited April 2022

ghost_of_delete_key said:

It turns out I've got roughly 13,000 morphs for G8F. Yikes!. After paring down the unused characters and other kits, I'm left with about 5,000. Somehow my load time has changed very little. Some, not much.

More importantly though, 2 issues:

1) I too have every single item listed as ***UNKNOWN PRODUCT***. My runtime is perfect. I don't move things around, they are exactly as installed by DIM. All my 3rd party content is carefully handcrafted into Daz-canonical DIM installers with complete and correct metadata. With over 2500 products, not one has Lost and Found content, and very few that are not old Poser items are left without metadata. Anyway, TL does not seem to recognize anything, up to and including the Daz fundamental products. All of G8F and Victoria8 base morphs and JCMs are split up and scattered to the winds in the list, took a good hour to hunt everything down and mark it all for an "Essentials" profile. Without proper product categorization, MetaMixer add-ons (and its base figure morphs) are likewise comingled with other products, so one must be careful to separate the morphs by hand.

The biggest issue people are having is that you need to LOG IN while using DS.  This makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE.  Without ever logging in, the local database is woefully out of date (as expected) and doesn't find the products for anything.  You don't have to always be logged in, but recently helps.

2) After the initial run, loading a scene gave me a report of a few missing morphs it needed. I enabled the needed morphs, and reloaded the scene without issue. HOWEVER... on a subsequent run I loaded a scene, had to add morphs for it, and upon closing the scene I went to reload it, and Daz told me FILE DOES NOT EXIST. <head explodes> Indeed, my scene file disappeared from the Scenes folder in the content browser.

After I calmed down and stopped inventing new swear words, I looked in Windows Explorer at my Scenes folder... and there it was... MyScene.duf had been transmogrified to MyScene.tlOff

O_O

I cannot imagine how that is possible if this only rewrites the extension on .dsf files... but do be aware of that and double-check your code. Fortunately, giving back the file's .duf extension saved it, so no harm, no foul.

I'll reserve further judgement until such time as an update (or not) but I'm unfortunately finding limited utility with this.

Weird (and concerning).  I would LOVE to know the exact steps you did to make that happen, and be able to reproduce it.  That has not been reported before and it should not do that.  The only way I could see that happening is if you named the scene the same as a morph and you put the scene file in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs.  It must be something to do with not finding any products.  I apologize for the head explosion.  smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • edited April 2022

Ah no worries. I have tried, but could not reproduce the bug. I basically followed the manual, open in the second monitor.

Logged in is not it, I am logged through Studio while using the tool, it's been a while since any Daz metadata has updated, and as I run TL again, everything is still Unknown Product.

Moreover, I just loaded the same scene file as before (not even remotely named similar to any morph lol) and although it appears fine, during loading the popup complained of 5 newly missing morphs:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DogZ&Zev0/200 Plus/Eyes Lower Inner.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Eyes Lower Inner.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Eyes Upper Inner.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Eyes Upper Outer.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Teeth Depth.dsf

BUT, these do in fact exist, they are/have been enabled in TL, and are not renamed with .tlOff.

Another thing I noticed is that although I have all my expression kits and shaping kits enabled, certain expressions are broken, operating only the brows on one kit, only the mouth on another...

At this point I'm going to have to restore all morphs and not use this, I'm finding it too unstable to be useful. Thanks though, keep up the good work.

<edit>

After restoring all morphs and reloading the scene, those 5 morphs are still reported as missing upon load. However, they appear in the property panel and operate properly. Shutting down Studio, re-installing the products, and reloading the scene has no effect, still "missing" (but not really). Saving the scene and then reloading it fixes the error. So, it seems that altering the delicate ecosystem of morph assets is disruptive to established scenes, if those scenes are subsequently saved with the reduced morph references. Even restoring the morphs does not restore the corrupted references within the scene file until it is once more saved.

Hopefully this info is helpful to you.

Post edited by ghost_of_delete_key on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

The reduced times with Turbo Loader that I gave below were the first time I loaded the character I was working with and the base GF8.1 after running Turbo Loader. I'm not very technical with Daz, but using it today and loading my character with about 3 morph sets added and then the base Genesis 8.1 into a new scene, they are taking 8.5 seconds and 6 seconds to load, respectively. So, I guess the 1 1/2 minutes and 42 seconds were because it was the first time that I had loaded them after TL? Not sure... Anyway, definitely interstellar rocket fast.

firewarden said:

Thanks!!!

ghost_of_delete_key said:

Ah no worries. I have tried, but could not reproduce the bug. I basically followed the manual, open in the second monitor.

Logged in is not it, I am logged through Studio while using the tool, it's been a while since any Daz metadata has updated, and as I run TL again, everything is still Unknown Product.

I wish I knew why some people get this issue.  The logging in seems to help most people.

Moreover, I just loaded the same scene file as before (not even remotely named similar to any morph lol) and although it appears fine, during loading the popup complained of 5 newly missing morphs:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DogZ&Zev0/200 Plus/Eyes Lower Inner.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Eyes Lower Inner.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Eyes Upper Inner.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Eyes Upper Outer.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RareStone/RFMC/Teeth Depth.dsf

BUT, these do in fact exist, they are/have been enabled in TL, and are not renamed with .tlOff.

Another thing I noticed is that although I have all my expression kits and shaping kits enabled, certain expressions are broken, operating only the brows on one kit, only the mouth on another...

At this point I'm going to have to restore all morphs and not use this, I'm finding it too unstable to be useful. Thanks though, keep up the good work.

I am sorry it caused you trouble.  There was something that went wrong early and I think your problems compounded after that.  

<edit>

After restoring all morphs and reloading the scene, those 5 morphs are still reported as missing upon load. However, they appear in the property panel and operate properly. Shutting down Studio, re-installing the products, and reloading the scene has no effect, still "missing" (but not really). Saving the scene and then reloading it fixes the error. So, it seems that altering the delicate ecosystem of morph assets is disruptive to established scenes, if those scenes are subsequently saved with the reduced morph references. Even restoring the morphs does not restore the corrupted references within the scene file until it is once more saved.

Hopefully this info is helpful to you.

Hmmm.  Did you try just dropping a G8F in an empty scene first?  What about deleting its cache?  There might be a missing reference in the cache that was tripping you up.  Unfortunately, this stuff is not one of the well documented areas of DS laugh

firewarden said:

The reduced times with Turbo Loader that I gave below were the first time I loaded the character I was working with and the base GF8.1 after running Turbo Loader. I'm not very technical with Daz, but using it today and loading my character with about 3 morph sets added and then the base Genesis 8.1 into a new scene, they are taking 8.5 seconds and 6 seconds to load, respectively. So, I guess the 1 1/2 minutes and 42 seconds were because it was the first time that I had loaded them after TL? Not sure... Anyway, definitely interstellar rocket fast.

firewarden said:

Thanks!!!

I believe this has something to do with Daz Studio's cache.  Once that is updated, things get even faster.

Turbo Loader for Genesis 3 has been released!

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420

I must admit it took a few sittings and run throughs on your video before I felt like I understood the steps and processes. It works fantastically once I grasped the concepts. So nice to get a base figure up and running so fast once again. I did not scienfically time results. Its simply outright noticable.

• HatBHatB Posts: 76
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it but I had a duplicate file I had not been able to locate not show up after using your product.
  • StarLabzStarLabz Posts: 57

"The morphs have their extensions renamed (from .dsf to .tloff), which is a directory table change and does not affect the morph.  That is it.  They are never deleted.  There is also a button in options to rename all .tloff files in a directory (and its subdirectories) back to .dsf.  This is a recovery solution that will work no matter what (except if the file is in use/locked but you can just reboot and then use this solution if that occurs)"

Where is this feature???

I tried to look for this feature as there is a serious issue with your product.  I initally loaded my G8.1 Female with all the morphs from my library and i do have multiple places used for all my morphs.  I originally saved a ALL ENABLED preset correctly but when i did this it didnt include some of the morphs in my other locations.... nOW i have a ton of morphs that are turned off and the system CANNOT locate them now...  Its like the program forgot where they orginated from after turning them off.  And i think some of the issue was i cleared the cache... 

After i reloaded the ALL ENABLED preset it only captured most of the morphs and forgot the others in other locations.  That's a serious issue.  So i looked for the RESET feature to Turn On / Rename all TLOFF to dsf and this feature is not on your product....

The only other issue is that i did notice that it didnt include some morphs i had but they loaded on my G8.1 with no issues and worked perfectly.  Like i had a seperate HEAD and BODY morph of a character i created and it would recognize the HEAD but the BODY was not detected on your product even after i rescanned g8.  Closed DAZ restarted and it would still load on g8 but would not be detected on the TL....and there were quite a few that it did that for.

I really love this product and this should have been made so much earlier for its capabilities.  Please help with those issues.

• StarLabzStarLabz Posts: 57
    edited April 2022

I rechecked my main directory and searched for the .tlOFF files and i have 1300+ morphs that are still off.  thats not including the ones in other directories.

Why doesn't the G8 Script load all morphs from the directory(s) as i thought it did when watching you video.  I think clearing the cache did this or am i mistaken?

OK, updated.  Figured out how to reset each directory OPTIONS.G8 Script.Reset Morph Directory.  Had to do this for multiple directories but that looks liek it fixed that.

But since i RESET the CACHE i will hyave to load my LOADED 20-30 min G8 figure again...... to fix this?????  ugh.

This still doesnt explain why when i saved the All Enabled preset that it didnt include all my morphs or when i saved a Disabled all, (Which worked beautifully loading a clean g8 btw!!) it wouldnt recognize a few of my morphs on your pruduct even though they were in the same folder (ie. Head / Body) as one of them that was turned off in the Disabled All preset, but didnt include/recognize/load that other morph.  I even checked to see if the file was locked / in use / or compressed and it wasnt.  Just your program didnt recognize them even as a morphs even though they kept loading on the g8 perfectly fine.

Post edited by StarLabz on

Look on the Options tab. At the bottom is a "Reset Morph Directory" button. It will open a folder selection dialog to select the folder (one at a time).

wscottart said:

I must admit it took a few sittings and run throughs on your video before I felt like I understood the steps and processes. It works fantastically once I grasped the concepts. So nice to get a base figure up and running so fast once again. I did not scienfically time results. Its simply outright noticable.

I am glad you like it.  Sorry it is not more intuitive.

HatB said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but I had a duplicate file I had not been able to locate not show up after using your product.

No, I don't believe anyone has mentioned it.  Makes sense though.  Thank you for sharing.

StarLabz said:

I rechecked my main directory and searched for the .tlOFF files and i have 1300+ morphs that are still off.  thats not including the ones in other directories.

Why doesn't the G8 Script load all morphs from the directory(s) as i thought it did when watching you video.  I think clearing the cache did this or am i mistaken?

It sounds like you hit the Clear button at one point (and then Saved the Settings).  See explanation later in post.

OK, updated.  Figured out how to reset each directory OPTIONS.G8 Script.Reset Morph Directory.  Had to do this for multiple directories but that looks liek it fixed that.

Glad you found it.

But since i RESET the CACHE i will hyave to load my LOADED 20-30 min G8 figure again...... to fix this?????  ugh.

This still doesnt explain why when i saved the All Enabled preset that it didnt include all my morphs or when i saved a Disabled all, (Which worked beautifully loading a clean g8 btw!!) it wouldnt recognize a few of my morphs on your pruduct even though they were in the same folder (ie. Head / Body) as one of them that was turned off in the Disabled All preset, but didnt include/recognize/load that other morph.  I even checked to see if the file was locked / in use / or compressed and it wasnt.  Just your program didnt recognize them even as a morphs even though they kept loading on the g8 perfectly fine.

TL uses the morph list as its "memory" of where ALL morphs (except for ones in products like G8 Essentials) are located on your system.  When you ask it to inspect a figure, it looks over the loaded figure and adds all morphs on the figure to the morph list.  However, if Daz Studio has not loaded those morphs for some reason (an error in the .dsf?), TL does not see them.

When you disable morphs (turning from .dsf to .tlOff) and load a figure in a new scene, Daz Studio no longer sees those morphs and they are not loaded.  Inspecting the figure at this point will NOT find those morphs as they are no longer on the loaded figure.  If you accidentally cleared the morph list (clearing TL's memory) and re-inspected, the morph list will be missing all those morphs as TL no longer remembers the old morphs and the loaded figure does not have them either.  That is why you needed to reset.

The presets save a portion of TL's memory.  If you save an Enabled preset, it will save a list of ALL the CHECKED morphs in the morph list.  If you had some unchecked, they are NOT saved and not remembered in the list.  Only an All preset saves all morphs in the morph list.  However, if you install a new product with new morphs, these morphs are not in the presets as TL did not know about them at the time it saved the preset.  You need to save the preset again (without clear the morph list!).

• RiverSoftArt said:

StarLabz said:

It sounds like you hit the Clear button at one point (and then Saved the Settings).  See explanation later in post.

@Riversoft, I hit Clear by accident as I was working on running through G8F. This resulted in all G8F disappearing from the main list of morphs in the G8F Turbo Loader dialogue box. The only thing left in there is this Genesis Essentials and Babina.

I've been trying to troubleshoot for the last 24 hours, as I've got a client waiting me to fix this so I can create her character. ;) But I haven't had any success. Thus far, I've tried:

• Clearing the cache
    • Reseting the morph directory (though I don't actually know how to do that and it didn't work because I have no idea where the directories are--you can see that in my second screenshot).
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Turbo Loader
    • Re-scanning the Starter G8F
    • Etc.
    • Deleting the Disabled All and Enabled All configurations.

I'm clearly really stuck. I kept looking for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to use Reset Morph Directory in the PDF instructions and your video, but I'm not seeing anything there.

On a positive note, G8 males are working great for me in Turbo Loader. So that's something, right? ;)

Honestly, if anyone could point me in the right direction on the reset morph directory front, I'm all ears.

Turbo Manager G8F screenshot.jpg
    562 x 758 - 77K
    Options Page and Reset Morph Directory.jpg
    1179 x 766 - 160K