Camera Magic (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited April 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Introducing Camera Magic. Now you have the ability to have your scene cameras remember what is visible or hidden. Show or hide different lights, clothing, characters or even different environment objects that will only show on the camera you choose. The possibilities for new workflows are endless. No need to switch cameras and manually hide or show scene items, Camera Magic will remember it for you. Best yet, if the scene has Camera Magic applied and it is saved, the Magic will be saved as well to those cameras.

Script Features -

- Cameras that have Camera Magic remember what is set visible and what is hidden in the scene.
- Cameras with Camera Magic are remembered when scene is saved and re-opened, unless disabled.

Works in earliest Studio version 4.20.2

Video Example

Latest versions

Camera Magic 1.2

Camera Magic Plus 1.2

Changes

Camera Magic

-Fixed issue where double-pressing the keyboard shortcut could cause DAZ Studio to crash.

Camera Magic Plus addons

-Fixes issue for when camera is parented to another object or item.

-Fixes issue involving scene objects with hidden transform properties not remembering pose.

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 822K
Popup_2.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1009K
Popup_3.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 2M
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890

Not even a tagline so we have an idea? laugh

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2022

Edited.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thread updated with product examples.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Seems like some actual magic :)

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Sold.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Shut up and take my money yes

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679

Can't wait until it is released.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 126

As this has a pop-up dialogue box when opening a scene, can I assume then that it will not be compatible with bulk rendering scripts as the process will stall until camera magic gets the confirmation?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,775

It is released: https://www.daz3d.com/camera-magic

Please post some renders made with it.

Mart1n71 said:

As this has a pop-up dialogue box when opening a scene, can I assume then that it will not be compatible with bulk rendering scripts as the process will stall until camera magic gets the confirmation?

That is correct. We cannot force it to load, we have to ask user permission. We can Dev a none pop up version...

• ee_hee269ee_hee269 Posts: 17

I would 1000000000% love a none pop up option. Add that, and I buy.

We shall have a production meeting tonight. Pros and Cons of not having the popup.

• ee_hee269ee_hee269 Posts: 17

Without the pop up this would be a game changer for my workflow and certainly decrease the multiple scenes I save and keep as backups that I feed to the render queue. And that means saved time and space! Hope its feasible.

• kirascurrokirascurro Posts: 37

is there any possibilty you might build bridges for this? perhaps to Unity or Unreal?

• If a version gets released without the pop up, I'm so down. This doesn't seem particularly convenient if I can't render queue all the cameras in a single go. Exciting to see future developments on this, I'll be keeping tabs. 

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

There seem to be a few problems unless I'm doing something wrong.  I set my Main camera to show only a cube (for a light test) and another camera for a large building.  When I select a third camera that isn't a magic camera, it picks up the previous Magic Camera's settings.  If I display the Aux Viewport, whatever camera is in use in the main Viewport, is the one that controls whatever camera is in use in the Aux viewport.  Perspective View also picks up the most recent Magic Camera.  See screenshots for examples.

MagicCam-1.png
    639 x 547 - 132K
    MagicCam-2.png
    652 x 664 - 127K
    MagicCam-3.png
    641 x 693 - 34K
    MagicCam-4.png
    502 x 381 - 24K
    MagicCam-5.png
    494 x 371 - 29K
    MagicCam-6.png
    653 x 563 - 49K
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455
    edited July 2022

Any chance Camera Magic can be used to remember/save Hidden Geometry, i.e., geometry hidden via the Geometry Editor?

DS does not save hidden geometry so things like hair caps and eye moistures that I regularly turn off have to be hidden each time I load the scene.

Post edited by FirePro9 on
    edited July 2022

sandmanmax said:

When I select a third camera that isn't a magic camera, it picks up the previous Magic Camera's settings. 

That is correct. A new camera with no camera magic will inherit whatever was last displayed in scene. So if you switch cameras that have what you want displayed, and switch to your 3rd camera, it will display what was last visible. What I do is have a base camera that has all visible and use that as a base.

If I display the Aux Viewport, whatever camera is in use in the main Viewport, is the one that controls whatever camera is in use in the Aux viewport.  Perspective View also picks up the most recent Magic Camera.  See screenshots for examples.

Camera Magic was only designed to work with one camera displaying at a time. We haven't found a way yet to have two side by side each remembering what each camera has what memorized, so the first ones settings will overflow onto the other. We will see if there is a way to have side by side cameras displaying each what they were asked to.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2022

FirePro9 said:

Any chance Camera Magic can be used to remember/save Hidden Geometry, i.e., geometry hidden via the Geometry Editor?

DS does not save hidden geometry so things like hair caps and eye moistures that I regularly turn off have to be hidden each time I load the scene.

We will have to look into this to see if it's possible.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Zev0 said:

sandmanmax said:

When I select a third camera that isn't a magic camera, it picks up the previous Magic Camera's settings. 

That is correct. A new camera with no camera magic will inherit whatever was last displayed in scene. So if you switch cameras that have what you want displayed, and switch to your 3rd camera, it will display what was last visible. What I do is have a base camera that has all visible and use that as a base.

If I display the Aux Viewport, whatever camera is in use in the main Viewport, is the one that controls whatever camera is in use in the Aux viewport.  Perspective View also picks up the most recent Magic Camera.  See screenshots for examples.

Camera Magic was only designed to work with one camera displaying at a time. We haven't found a way yet to have two side by side each remembering what each camera has what memorized, so the first ones settings will overflow onto the other. We will see if there is a way to have side by side cameras displaying each what they were asked to.

Thanks for the explantion, Zevo.  Most helpful.  I'll try the Base Camera trick.

• I echo the "no pop-up" voices.  I bought this but after running the script once I realized it's unusable since I do all my rendering overnight in batches.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,775
    edited July 2022

Zev0 said:

sandmanmax said:

What do you mean with the "base camera"?

Is it the one created before applying Camera Magic and saved at the different name in the scene?

Post edited by Artini on
    Base Camera as in a camera with all items remembered with nothing hidden. One you can use as a starting point.
    edited July 2022

MrRogerSmith said:

I echo the "no pop-up" voices.  I bought this but after running the script once I realized it's unusable since I do all my rendering overnight in batches.

Ok we will remove the popup in an update. 

Post edited by Zev0 on

Update with a toggle option for startup popup has been submitted.

Untitled-1.jpg
    709 x 414 - 144K
  • xlpasstestxlpasstest Posts: 37

Not work on 4.20?

edited July 2022
    Hi. Yes it does.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • sakrilassakrilas Posts: 10

Zev0 said:

Out of curiosity. How long does it usually take for a submited update be available for download?
    You submitted it on July 4th, it's July 9th now and I still only have access to version 1.0. So I can't disable the startup popup.

Camera Magic 1.0

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    Just picked this up and super excited to try it out. Quick question... For your planned add-ons, you wrote: "Camera Magic Pose Addon - Remembers figures pose per camera" Does that mean one character could have different poses per camera? If so, I've been looking for that as an add-on forever :)

sakrilas said:

Zev0 said:

Out of curiosity. How long does it usually take for a submited update be available for download?
    You submitted it on July 4th, it's July 9th now and I still only have access to version 1.0. So I can't disable the startup popup.

Camera Magic 1.0

Time depends on how many product submissions vs available testers there are. If you want a copy of the update beforehand, Please PM me.