Camera Magic (Commercial)

Comments

• This does not seems to work with the dicktator male genitalia addon attached to a male genesis figure.

It does not remember any pose or other parameters. It does not store them, even when selecting "complete scene" or also not when I select Dicktator and choose "selected item"

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2022

I'll look into it..Should be working.

Post edited by Zev0 on

It's working here for me.

• Does anyone know if Camera Magic works with (is compatible with) ManFriday's Render Queue ? Render Queue | Daz 3D

I have been using that for my automatic render workflow and am very happy with it.

So Render Queue rendering all the different camera's of a file while Camera Magic orchestrates what is in the actual picture.

That would make these two products very strong companions !

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,169
    edited September 2022

No, Camera Magic does not work (for me) with ManFriday's Render Queue. I created a scene with three primitives and three cameras. I saved visibility and pose information for each camera. When I render all visible cameras in Render Queue, the cameras are not properly aimed. Visibility may be working, but because the camera is looking in the wrong place or has the wrong zoom or something, I cannot tell. I suspect the camera "pose" is not properly applied. I got only parts of my objects in the rendered frame. Edit: Comparing the Render Queue images with the Render Doctor images, I don't think Camera Magic visibility or pose is working with Render Queue.

However Camera Magic DOES work properly, in my tests, with RiverSoftArt's Render Doctor. So that is an alternative way to queue up multiple camera renders for a single scene.

These are the incorrect renders from ManFriday's Render Queue
    Render Queue

These are the correct renders from RiverSotArt's Render Doctor
    Render Doctor

ManFriday's Render Queue and Camera Magic.jpg
    793 x 239 - 25K
    Render Doctor and Camera Magic.jpg
    802 x 237 - 20K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

No, Camera Magic does not work (for me) with ManFriday's Render Queue. I created a scene with three primitives and three cameras. I saved visibility and pose information for each camera. When I render all visible cameras in Render Queue, the cameras are not properly aimed. Visibility may be working, but because the camera is looking in the wrong place or has the wrong zoom or something, I cannot tell. I suspect the camera "pose" is not properly applied. I got only parts of my objects in the rendered frame. Edit: Comparing the Render Queue images with the Render Doctor images, I don't think Camera Magic visibility or pose is working with Render Queue.

However Camera Magic DOES work properly, in my tests, with RiverSoftArt's Render Doctor. So that is an alternative way to queue up multiple camera renders for a single scene.

Thanks for the quick reply and examples. I was really hoping it would work with my 'weapon of choice'.... ;-( 

Maybe i need to look into RenderDoctor then. Thanks.

•  I had the same issue. It seems to me this to be a fix needed on Manfriday's RenderQueue. When the scene loads in render queue, the viewport gives the perspective of the first camera. As it cycles , that perspective doesnt change, however the render is executed on the proper camera.

Basically in a scene with 3 cameras the viewport is always Camera 1, whilst the render is 1,2,3. Camera magic appears to load the memorized configuration for whichever camera is up in the viewport, so always camera 1. 

Thansk for the hint with RiverSoft's Render Doctor!!

barbult said:

These are the incorrect renders from ManFriday's Render Queue
    Render Queue

These are the correct renders from RiverSotArt's Render Doctor
    Render Doctor

• I have some additional 3rd party morphs installed for the Male Genitalia. All these morphs are not "captured" by the pose/shape script. Only the default Genitalia morphs work.

It seems the script does not scan all available morphs... Can you check this? Thanks

Works for me. What specific one is it not working on?
  • Hi,

Among a lot of others, there is for example the genital morphs included in the Jepe's Roderick for Diego 8 product.

Any of these morphs (for example Jepe EP Base Side-Side) seems to be "ignored" by the script and does not get captured among camera's

Thanks for any help

What classification are those morphs? Are they classified as modifier/shape or modifier/pose? They have to be classified as either pose or shape for script to detect it.

• Zev0 said:

What classification are those morphs? Are they classified as modifier/shape or modifier/pose? They have to be classified as either pose or shape for script to detect it.

They were classified as "none" for these morphs. I have changed them to Modifier/pose and now they work fine. Many thanks for your help. 

Cool. I suspected they were set as none.
  • cdotdkcdotdk Posts: 23

Zev0 said:

We have submitted an update with such an option to enable/disable popup.

Did this ever happen? I have the exact same scenario. I'm using Render Queue 3 and I've set it to restarting Daz ever so often (memory leaks) - but it gets blocked by this needless popup.

Yes was updated a while ago.

Hmm. Then I must be missing something obvious :D   Is there a setting somewhere I need to flip, or how can I disable this popup? :-)

Gear icon bottom of script has the option in there.

Aha! Yep. Missing something obvious :D  Thank you :-)

2022-11-14_14-22-12.png
    415 x 237 - 40K

NPyes

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

Is this compatible with geoshells?

Would be great if you could assign different shell visibility settings to different cameras! smiley

Issue with geoshells is if you hide them and replace with another the figure geometry that leaves a gap is still there from the other geoshell. But yes the script does remember what geoshells are visible.

• Love this product.  This is so much better than saving (and good heavens, Loading) multiple copies of the same file.  This and Turbo Loader are on my Must Have list.

One question:  Often I end up doing all three Camera Magic scripts (CM, CM+ Shape, CM+ Pose) one after the other and clicking the same options (ie. 'everything').  I use the same, Camera Magic Plus script to do it, I just run it three times.  Is there any way to automate this down to a single click?  Is there an action I didn't see or a script I can write that will basically say: "run Camera Magic Plus and save visibility, pose, and shape for everything"?  Maybe even, that but "for all Daz Figures"?  Even if not, it's a heck of a time saver!

Thanks!

edited January 2023

"Is there any way to automate this down to a single click?"

It's not advisable. If it tries to remember all at once it might crash. The script is processing a lot of info per camera type...It is why it's split up.

"for all Daz Figures"?"

This will be hit or miss. We will have to manually input the figure names into the script. What about all stand alone figures that are not daz specific? The simpler solution was to just remember everything, or selected figure. We will see if there is a way to do this though...Maybe scan for something thats universal in all figures......

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

"Is there any way to automate this down to a single click?"

It's not advisable. If it tries to remember all at once it might crash. The script is processing a lot of info per camera type...It is why it's split up.

"for all Daz Figures"?"

This will be hit or miss. We will have to manually input the figure names into the script. What about all stand alone figures that are not daz specific? The simpler solution was to just remember everything, or selected figure. We will see if there is a way to do this though...Maybe scan for something thats universal in all figures......

Thanks for the prompt reply!  I figured there might have been a technical limitation involved.  It's not a huge deal: Three Stream Deck buttons, and five mouse clicks?  Maybe 60 or 70 seconds, max.  Compared to saving and reloading the scene for a shift in dialog or action, that's nothing.

edited February 2023

Product has been updated. Changes are the following

Camera Magic

Fixed issue where double-pressing the keyboard shortcut could cause DAZ Studio to crash.

Camera Magic Plus addons

New selection options for cameras

Popup_2a.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 779K
    Popup_2.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 937K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Product has been updated. Changes are the following

Camera Magic

Fixed issue where double-pressing the keyboard shortcut could cause DAZ Studio to crash.

Camera Magic Plus addons

New selection options for cameras

I can't find the update for Camera Magic Plus. I don't even see it in the store anymore. Did something happen?

Daz doesn't seem to think that there's an update for the Addons.

• What happened with Camera Magic Plus - Pose Add-On ? Disappeared! I need to work!

Lemme see what is going on.

Yep vanished from the storeangryAsking marketing what is going on. There has been an issue when a product gets updated it isnt going live again.

• denied4lifedenied4life Posts: 2
    edited February 2023

Zev0 said:

Yep vanished from the storeangryAsking marketing what is going on. There has been an issue when a product gets updated it isnt going live again.

Thx for the info. Will they fix it? I hope they dont want to eliminate that. It is my most important part of my workflow! Saving poses in cameras is a genius idea!

Post edited by denied4life on