• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited February 2023
    I'm sure it will be fixed.
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Products are back in store..

• RichardMRichardM Posts: 42
    edited March 2023

AWESOME - something that should come in Daz by default. alist of "sets", like movie sets we can reset to when wanting to change between shots for a quick change in a render we did 50 changes ago.anyway multiple cameras can save mutiple lists of poses, instead of just the one "saved pose"?

im using a headcam for a character and wanna be able to save "reset sets", like in the movies. an acotr messes something up, they "reset" the set. its what magic cam does, no?, but just stores one "set reset". would be fantastic to save a list of different sets we could choose from!

Post edited by RichardM on
    edited March 2023
    "anyway multiple cameras can save mutiple lists of poses, instead of just the one "saved pose"?" This is correct. Each camera can save what you want visible, what pose or shaping info it should remember, provided you have required addon ofcourse.
    Post edited by Zev0 on

but each camera can save one specific set of info, isn't it? i was thikinh more on the lines of one camera saving multiple sets of info (im using it for pose saving, btw) - i use one frist person camera and i'd like that one camera to be able save multiple set of poses. maybe have a dropdown list inside each camera with different poses we could pick from - can the add-on do that? because that would be even more game changing as a workflow (imo)

One set of info per camera is all thats possible. If you want same camera but different info then duplicate the camera then make changes.
    edited March 2023

it seems that saving the same camera with different saved poses works as well. so save the pose to a single camera, save the camera as a cam preset, change the pose on the same camera, and save the cam preset as a diferent file - i can load different camera presets, that the info pose persists inside each camera preset save file - sweet!

Well you can also just duplicate the camera, and its settings will be copied and you can change from there.
  • lachilachi Posts: 74
    edited March 2023

I am wondering what the benefit of the Pose Add-On is.
    Couldn't I just multiply the character and change the visiblilty using the default functionality of the Camera Magic?

Let's say I have a man on a chair at a kitchen table and I want to make several renders of him eating.
    I am sure the Pose Add-On would be perfect for this.
    But how does it work with the utensils like knife and fork in the hand?
    And how would I do it with a glass standing on the table and then lifted to the mouth?

And what if this man stands up, is the translation also covered with the Camera Magic or the Add-On?
    Or would I have to place several copies of the character at different positions around the scene and then show/hide them with Camera Magic?

Post edited by lachi on

Everythings pose related is remembered. The product doesn't only remember figures. There is an option to remember everything in scene.

Zev0 said:

Everythings pose related is remembered. The product doesn't only remember figures. There is an option to remember everything in scene.

Nice, that's really helpful 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

What are the current version numbers?

Hi. Latest versions should be listed on first post of thread.
  • victorvictor Posts: 49

barbult said:

That was kind of my point. Saying the exact same thing in a user guide that was included in the product files would still be useful to your customers. It would be available when the forum was inaccessible (like happens multiple times per day here). It would be available if you leave the Daz store or archive the product. And I DO appreciate your support in the forums!

Yep. 

edited March 2023

hello - there's an issue with the workflow im using: the camera gets's reset in location, when attached to something, when loading a camera preset. 

here's my workflow. i've attached a camera to a figure.

1 - change figure pose and location, change scene object's locations, rotation, etc,

2 - give aux viewport (with camera selected) focus and select camera in scene

3-  run magic pose (save ALL objects)

4 - without touching anything else i save the camera preset.

i repeat the process and i save another camera preset.

this works (almost) fine (it's much less of a hassle that duplicating cameras, to me). i can load the presets and the scenes change. easy and perfect.

but there's an issue if the camera is attached to something: when loading a preset, the camera gets unparented from the figure and is sent to another location.

any chance this could be looked into? this worflow works fine (apart from the camera getting unparented and sent somewhere else) and is really easy to makes scenes.

Hi.

"give aux viewport (with camera selected) focus and select camera in scene"

The script is not designed to remember viewport settings. You must be on a camera itself.

I have a follow up question to my question on march 16th regarding the Pose Add-On.

I have two cameras (see attached images) and I would like "Camera Magic" to remember the pose and the shirt.

Using the "Pose Add-On" those cameras remember the pose of the character but not the shirt.

I guess I would need the "Shape Add-On" for the shirt, correct?

ShirtDown.png
    360 x 640 - 231K
    ShirtUp.png
    360 x 640 - 307K
    edited March 2023

Zev0 said:

Hi.

The script is not designed to remember viewport settings. You must be on a camera itself.

hello.

if the camera (to which we store pose info to) is selected in the aux viewport, when we give this viewport focus (say, coming back from the main viewport, where we are working in perspective view), the script can run (the option to store pose info is not greyed out as it usually is when we're not looking through the camera), apparently meaning that i am on the camera itself, right?. plus, it stores info.

plus, it's only if the camera is parented that a problem exists. problem being, the camera gets unparented.

without parenting, this way works fine as far as i can tell. i can use the give focus trick and save everything to the one camera on set, and use camera presets to load scenes.

im only bringning this up because duplicating camera seems like a pain in the ass compared to using a single camera and loading presets.

lachi said:

I have a follow up question to my question on march 16th regarding the Pose Add-On.

I have two cameras (see attached images) and I would like "Camera Magic" to remember the pose and the shirt.

Using the "Pose Add-On" those cameras remember the pose of the character but not the shirt.

I guess I would need the "Shape Add-On" for the shirt, correct?

If those morphs used on the shirt are clasified as modifier shape then yes.
    RichardM said:

Zev0 said:

Hi.

hello.

if the camera (to which we store pose info to) is selected in the aux viewport, when we give this viewport focus (say, coming back from the main viewport, where we are working in perspective view), the script can run (the option to store pose info is not greyed out as it usually is when we're not looking through the camera), apparently meaning that i am on the camera itself, right?. plus, it stores info.

plus, it's only if the camera is parented that a problem exists. problem being, the camera gets unparented.

without parenting, this way works fine as far as i can tell. i can use the give focus trick and save everything to the one camera on set, and use camera presets to load scenes.

im only bringning this up because duplicating camera seems like a pain in the ass compared to using a single camera and loading presets.

You cannot use a single camera with multiple presets. The script writes in its own 'remember state' info into camera that cannot be overwritten unless changed from within the script itself.
    Maybe pm me a video if what it is you are trying to do so I can see the situation better.

Zev0 said:

Maybe pm me a video if what it is you are trying to do so I can see the situation better.

will do, thanks. 

edited April 2023

There seems to be a bug in the pose add-on, it does not remember hidden properties even if those properties have a value. 

I created a scene with this house: https://www.daz3d.com/c3d-neighborhood-xpack-1 and apparently all properties for the doors are hidden except the Y Rotation (Open/Close).

I used "Capture Pose data to camera: XXX" and then "Everything in Scene" but only the Y Rotation was remembered not the actual position of the doors.
    After I went back to the camera all doors got moved to 0,0. 

I didn't notice it immediately and now I have 10 cameras with wrongly positioned doors.
    I guess I have to make all properties visible and then fix each X and Z position for each door in each camera, or is there a quicker fix?

Post edited by lachi on
    Hi.I will have to get this product in order to see what is going on. Visibility and hidden should be remembered as well.

Issue verified. We will look into why it is doing this on that set.

Thank you for looking into it and sorry for finding that problematic product.

It's no problem at all. We will see if the script can do anything or if the set itself has to be saved with different settings.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

I bought this and the pose add-on when they came out, but I finally used them this weekend. Besides an initial issue where one of the character's poses didn't apply, this great idea for a product work exactly as I hoped (although my OOT hair (Georgia Hair) poses didn't record, but that must be due to the hair).

Excellent! Saves me the multiple scenes saved and the extra load time.

edited April 2023

"(although my OOT hair (Georgia Hair) poses didn't record"

Thanks for the support.. We will look into why. Is there a link to the product?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

Zev0 said:

"(although my OOT hair (Georgia Hair) poses didn't record"

Thanks for the support.. We will look into why. Is there a link to the product?

Georgia Hair applied to G8.1F. I would profusely express how thankful I am for your great line of products, but it might be embarrassing for you. I really need you to save G9 for me with the Body Mixer and 200 Plus