Camera Magic (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

You're welcome. Thanks for the supportyes

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,169

Pose update is in the store now, along with a Camera Magic discount when they are purchased together.

Ah thanks. Was going to email daz now about that. However I wanted it to show discount in store so people knew it was discounted if they got the add-on.
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

A discount for people already owning the Camera Magic product would have been nice as well. But I suppose you are depending on DAZ's goodwill on that.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

Are there any issues if I install this with Connect? My DIM is not right yet.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

I have a question about how the poses will interact with dForce simulations. Are the poses on different keyframes? So is the camera just moving to a different keyframe? Or are they all on keyframe 0?

All on Keyframe 0.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

So what do the non camera magic cameras see?

Zev0 said:

All on Keyframe 0.

That messes up my scenes that use animated dForce simulation. The final character pose gets copied to frame 0, but the dForce result does not. That prevents me from rerunning the simulation, because my starting pose in frame 0 is no longer correct.

What was shown last. Regardless, you can always disable/enable camera magic to show things the way scene was originally saved.

I just ran into a problem. If I accidently do my keyboard shortcut for Camera Magic twice, it locks up Daz Studio. Esc will cancel a single instance of the Camera Magic dialog, but not if I accidently do the keyboard shortcut twice. I haven't been able to find a way to cancel the Camera Magic dialog to get back into control after this happens. Is there a way? Currently I have to kill Daz Studio with the Task Manager, losing everything. sad

edited August 2022

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

All on Keyframe 0.

That messes up my scenes that use animated dForce simulation. The final character pose gets copied to frame 0, but the dForce result does not. That prevents me from rerunning the simulation, because my starting pose in frame 0 is no longer correct.

I'm confused. When you re-run an animated simulation it starts off in Default pose to final pose regardless what that starting pose is? On a side note we are seeing if it's possible to remember simulations as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on

barbult said:

I just ran into a problem. If I accidently do my keyboard shortcut for Camera Magic twice, it locks up Daz Studio. Esc will cancel a single instance of the Camera Magic dialog, but not if I accidently do the keyboard shortcut twice. I haven't been able to find a way to cancel the Camera Magic dialog to get back into control after this happens. Is there a way? Currently I have to kill Daz Studio with the Task Manager, losing everything. sad

We are testing this out.

Issue confirmed. We are looking into it. Don't think there is a fix for this with current build sorry. We will have to do an update. Unfortunately while we made this product we never hit shortcut twice otherwise we would have spotted the issue. Apologies.

Zev0 said:

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

All on Keyframe 0.

I'm confused. When you re-run an animated simulation it starts off in Default pose to final pose regardless what that starting pose is? On a side note we are seeing if it's possible to remember simulations as well.

No. When running animated dForce simulation I uncheck the simulation option to start from memorized pose. I believe that is pretty standard practice for an animated simulation. When I run an animated dForce simulation, it starts in the pose that I have loaded in frame 0. That could be the default A pose of G8F or any pose I choose to load on her in frame 0. The default pose is not always the optimum starting pose.

RiverSoftArt had a similar situation with his billboard utilities always using frame 0. He recently corrected that problem. He may be able to provide you with some insight if you need it.

Zev0 said:

Issue confirmed. We are looking into it. Don't think there is a fix for this with current build sorry. We will have to do an update. Unfortunately while we made this product we never hit shortcut twice otherwise we would have spotted the issue. Apologies.

Thanks for the reply. I seem to break things without trying. I certainly didn't hit it twice intentionally. What happened was my cursor was on a second monitor and when I hit the shortcut, I didn't see the dialog pop up, because I was looking at my main screen. So, I assumed I mistyped and hit it again.

edited August 2022

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

All on Keyframe 0.

No. When running animated dForce simulation I uncheck the simulation option to start from memorized pose. I believe that is pretty standard practice for an animated simulation. When I run an animated dForce simulation, it starts in the pose that I have loaded in frame 0. That could be the default A pose of G8F or any pose I choose to load on her in frame 0. The default pose is not always the optimum starting pose.

RiverSoftArt had a similar situation with his billboard utilities always using frame 0. He recently corrected that problem. He may be able to provide you with some insight if you need it.

If I am on camera 1 with pose X, and switch to camera 2 with pose Y, it will do simulation on pose Y. if I switch to camera 1 with pose X, run simulation with pose X it will use pose X. Unless I am miss-understanding something?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2022

Zev0 said:

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

All on Keyframe 0.

If I am on camera 1 with pose X, and switch to camera 2 with pose Y, it will do simulation on pose Y. if I switch to camera 1 with pose X, run simulation with pose X it will use pose X. Unless I am miss-understanding something?

Sorry, I didn't get notified of your reply. I just saw it now. I'll have to try some examples and reply later.

Post edited by barbult on
  • TogireTogire Posts: 402

If I want to assign expressions to different cameras, what is required?

If the expresion is done by movng facial bones, obviously, I can be dealt with the "pose addon".

But if the expression relies on dialing specific morphs of the character, is it considered a "shape" for camera magic and requires the shape addon. Or will the pose addon be sufficient?

Hi. Any morph modifier classified as pose works with pose addon, any with shape requires shape addon. If say an expression is a Modifier/Shape it wont work with the pose addon as its designed to remember pose modifiers only. Alternatively, you can change the modifier class of the morph and resave it.

edited August 2022

This is what I see when doing an animated dForce simulation: Extra keyframes get created on the timeline when I use Camera Magic to save pose information. Those keyframes don't show up on the timeline until I switch cameras and switch back, or save the scene and reload it. I think the new keyframe appears on the frame I am on when I switch cameras or when I save the scene, but I'm not sure.

Here is a specific example:

1) Create a camera in the scene
    2) Set up the timeline for 31 frames (start 0, stop 30; this is the default for the timeline).
    3) Load Genesis 8 Female and pose her in a non-default starting pose on Frame 0,
    4) Save a keyframe in the timeline for this G8F starting pose.
    5) Load a dForce dress on G8F.
    6) Pose G8F in her final pose in frame 15. Frames 16-30 will allow the dForce simulation to stabilize and settle.
    7) Setup dForce simulation settings:

• Uncheck Simulate from memorized pose
    • Select Timeline play range, not Current

8) Simulate.
    9) When the simulation finishes, it will end on frame 30.
    10) Activate Camera Magic and capture pose data for everything in the scene. (Timeline is on frame 30)
    11) Move the timeline to frame 0 to prepare for another simulation run.
    12) Switch to the Top View to view the scene from a different view.
    13) Switch back to the camera view.
    14) Observe that G8F is now in her final pose in frame 0, not in her original start pose. I cannot rerun the simulation, because the starting pose has been overwritten.

If I want to create another camera and change the final pose or change dresses and use Camera Magic visibility, I cannot do so, because my initial starting simulation pose has been overwritten.

Step 5 - G8F starting pose frame 0.jpg
    959 x 721 - 58K
    Step 6 - G8F final pose frame 15 before simulation.jpg
    959 x 722 - 53K
    Step 7 - Simulation Settings.jpg
    541 x 706 - 105K
    Step 9 - End of dForce simulation frame 30.jpg
    962 x 723 - 63K
    Step 10 - Camera Magic save pose for default camera.jpg
    308 x 276 - 23K
    Step 12 - Frame 0 Top View.jpg
    961 x 724 - 40K
    Step 14 - G8F lost start pose after switching back to camera.jpg
    962 x 723 - 58K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • @Zev0, I just wanted to say that your Camera Magic Plus product has shortened my workflow dramatically. I make some comic pages with a number of frames per page. Thanks to CM+ I can now include all the frames in a single scene rather than saving each frame as separate scene. Thank you so much for your work on this.  

You are very welcome.yes Ye I got tired of multiple scene files as well...It's why we developed thislaugh

barbult said:

This is what I see when doing an animated dForce simulation: Extra keyframes get created on the timeline when I use Camera Magic to save pose information. Those keyframes don't show up on the timeline until I switch cameras and switch back, or save the scene and reload it. I think the new keyframe appears on the frame I am on when I switch cameras or when I save the scene, but I'm not sure.

Here is a specific example:

1) Create a camera in the scene
    2) Set up the timeline for 31 frames (start 0, stop 30; this is the default for the timeline).
    3) Load Genesis 8 Female and pose her in a non-default starting pose on Frame 0,
    4) Save a keyframe in the timeline for this G8F starting pose.
    5) Load a dForce dress on G8F.
    6) Pose G8F in her final pose in frame 15. Frames 16-30 will allow the dForce simulation to stabilize and settle.
    7) Setup dForce simulation settings:

• Uncheck Simulate from memorized pose
    • Select Timeline play range, not Current

8) Simulate.
    9) When the simulation finishes, it will end on frame 30.
    10) Activate Camera Magic and capture pose data for everything in the scene. (Timeline is on frame 30)
    11) Move the timeline to frame 0 to prepare for another simulation run.
    12) Switch to the Top View to view the scene from a different view.
    13) Switch back to the camera view.
    14) Observe that G8F is now in her final pose in frame 0, not in her original start pose. I cannot rerun the simulation, because the starting pose has been overwritten.

If I want to create another camera and change the final pose or change dresses and use Camera Magic visibility, I cannot do so, because my initial starting simulation pose has been overwritten.

We shall review this info soon.

• airjoeairjoe Posts: 13

I'm probably picking this up soon as well, but I wanted to throw an idea for the d-force animated timeline out there.

Keyframe both frame 0 and frame 1 before creating your end pose at frame 16 instead of 15 of a 32 instead of 31 frame timeline.Could that be a way to rerun the simulation from frame 1 onwards ?

• sakrilassakrilas Posts: 10

Are you planning on making Camera Magic support remembering properties like Opacity levels on surfaces?

Here's a gotcha to watch out for. After using Camera Magic on a couple cameras, I deleted some other unneeded cameras in my scene and saved my scene. The next time I opened the scene, the remaining cameras had been relabeled and the saved Camera Magic values were no longer correctly applied. I recovered from this by relabeling Camera (2) back to Camera (3) and relabeling Camera back to Camera (2). I'm not sure what would happen if I resaved the scene and opened it again, because I didn't try that.

sakrilas said:

Are you planning on making Camera Magic support remembering properties like Opacity levels on surfaces?

We were thinking of adding material editing to the list but our fear is time it will take to change camera, switching that out.....

airjoe said:

I'm probably picking this up soon as well, but I wanted to throw an idea for the d-force animated timeline out there.

Keyframe both frame 0 and frame 1 before creating your end pose at frame 16 instead of 15 of a 32 instead of 31 frame timeline.Could that be a way to rerun the simulation from frame 1 onwards ?

We will look into this. At it's core this product was never designed to work with animated timelines...We felt the ability to swap out a static camera and frame in scene was more than enough for what it aimed to do. we will see if adding the ability to memorize a simulation to camera can be done, but we don't want to overcomplicate the script where it will take forever to swap camera's because we ask it to remember too much...

edited August 2022

barbult said:

Here's a gotcha to watch out for. After using Camera Magic on a couple cameras, I deleted some other unneeded cameras in my scene and saved my scene. The next time I opened the scene, the remaining cameras had been relabeled and the saved Camera Magic values were no longer correctly applied. I recovered from this by relabeling Camera (2) back to Camera (3) and relabeling Camera back to Camera (2). I'm not sure what would happen if I resaved the scene and opened it again, because I didn't try that.

We will look into this and see what can be done to make it smarter if possible.

Post edited by Zev0 on