[Released] Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369

carrie58 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

I checked the K4 poses with this and they actually work better than if you apply them to V4 OR M4 ...... cool!! Now digging for Aiko and the Girl poses ,

Great!  Thanks for sharing.  Which minion works better?

for the ones I tried  I used the v4 minion

Ah, thanks for sharing the info.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thought I would post this straight out of the zip file.  I used a pose from Body Language 4 by Ilona from the BL4V4 folder pose #1.  I tried to pick a more extreme pose with the hands and arms.  I think Bone Minion did a great job converting the pose!  Does it need some tweaks; sure, but I would not expect not to have to do some tweaking specially with hands and fingers.  And whats best!?  Its on the fly.  I have other pose converters and don't get me wrong they work and I appreciate their hard work on those tools but it is nice that I do not have to have all those extra saved files in my ever expanding runtime.

BoneMinion01.jpg
    702 x 922 - 440K
  • "Whoa that's cool!" was what I said when I ran my first M4 pose on G8.1M. AND I didn't have to make tweaks. Was it exactly like M4, nah, but pretty darn close. Good job on this! Looking forward to the newer batches!

Daventaki said:

Thought I would post this straight out of the zip file.  I used a pose from Body Language 4 by Ilona from the BL4V4 folder pose #1.  I tried to pick a more extreme pose with the hands and arms.  I think Bone Minion did a great job converting the pose!  Does it need some tweaks; sure, but I would not expect not to have to do some tweaking specially with hands and fingers.  And whats best!?  Its on the fly.  I have other pose converters and don't get me wrong they work and I appreciate their hard work on those tools but it is nice that I do not have to have all those extra saved files in my ever expanding runtime.

Thank you so much for sharing! And rendering it!

I am sure you did this, but just to check... did you turn the limits off on your G8F?  With limits on, Bone Minion works.  But I cannot tell you how often I have been happily playing with poses.  They will always be a little off and then I finally realize I have never turned the limits off and things start lining up much better.

necroscension said:

"Whoa that's cool!" was what I said when I ran my first M4 pose on G8.1M. AND I didn't have to make tweaks. Was it exactly like M4, nah, but pretty darn close. Good job on this! Looking forward to the newer batches!

LOL.  That was my exact reaction! laugh  I had the idea but of course I wasn't sure it was going to work for quite a while.  When I first got the implementation right and it worked... whoa, that is cool!  I played for an hour I think laugh

I am glad you like it and I am hard at work on the other generations!

edited June 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

I am sure you did this, but just to check... did you turn the limits off on your G8F?  With limits on, Bone Minion works.  But I cannot tell you how often I have been happily playing with poses.  They will always be a little off and then I finally realize I have never turned the limits off and things start lining up much better.

Yes I used the included Turn Limits Off script.  Just because it caught my interest I decided to try it with limits on and with this pose suprisingly it didn't not change anything.

Boy playing with this sure has reminded me how bad some of V4s bends were... 

The only change on this was to lower G8F to the floor I did not do any other adjustments.  The right arm needs just a tad and then I think it needs just a little rotation to fix the floating right foot.

BoneMinion2.jpg
    1164 x 625 - 421K
    Post edited by Daventaki on

Question that I hope you might could answer which may be why im seeing differences in the leg positions.  Is V4s legs longer thank G8F?  Also when I Move to Floor both figures G8F is floating.  Both figures are the standard figure with skin added.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

RiverSoftArt said:

On a sidenote, I'm still holding out for you to create my dream add-on which would somehow make it possible to wear previous generation footwear. Fingers are crossed for that one :)

The Clothing Converters had a Foot Pose Dialog as part of its conversion. While it was finicky as you sometimes need to pose the foot OUTSIDE the footwear to set it up correctly, you could eventually get the conversion just right so it would work forever after that.  

I have a few of the clothing converters but didn't realize that footwear was part of the conversion. I'll have to check it out...

evacyn said:

RiverSoftArt said:

On a sidenote, I'm still holding out for you to create my dream add-on which would somehow make it possible to wear previous generation footwear. Fingers are crossed for that one :)

The Clothing Converters had a Foot Pose Dialog as part of its conversion. While it was finicky as you sometimes need to pose the foot OUTSIDE the footwear to set it up correctly, you could eventually get the conversion just right so it would work forever after that.  

I have a few of the clothing converters but didn't realize that footwear was part of the conversion. I'll have to check it out...

Yup! laugh.  You will want to turn on the Foot Dialog in options and experiment a little to get the hang of it.

Daventaki said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Yes I used the included Turn Limits Off script.  Just because it caught my interest I decided to try it with limits on and with this pose suprisingly it didn't not change anything.

Boy playing with this sure has reminded me how bad some of V4s bends were... 

The only change on this was to lower G8F to the floor I did not do any other adjustments.  The right arm needs just a tad and then I think it needs just a little rotation to fix the floating right foot.

Thanks for sharing!  I hear you about bad bends with M4/V4 poses.  Some of them are excessively extreme.  And mostly it is because the poser did not try a different, less extreme, way to get to the pose and just brute forced it to get something in position.

Daventaki said:

Question that I hope you might could answer which may be why im seeing differences in the leg positions.  Is V4s legs longer thank G8F?  Also when I Move to Floor both figures G8F is floating.  Both figures are the standard figure with skin added.

No, their leg lengths are very close, but the hip location is different, which can throw off things slightly.

• SauronLivezSauronLivez Posts: 147

I bought the bundle, and for the first hour or so all I did was pose G3F and G8F, and watched all the old V4 Poses just work! No tweaking, no loading up v4 to see how the pose is supposed to look.  It was awesome! There are a bunch of old Model Pose Construction Sets and Comic Pose Construction Sets for both M4 and V4 that I always loved using.  Bone Minion lets me resurrect those old sets and breathe new life into my poses for G3/8/F.  It's so much fun to be able to use some of my favorite content on the new figures. Thank you for this!

When you release the Bone Minions that allow us to use Genesis / Genesis 2 Poses on G8 that will be a day one purchase for sure.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572
    edited June 2022

if someone had told me I would be buying V4/M4 pose sets this late in the game I woulld not have believed them

(thanks Mr RiverSoftArt more things to spend my money on) LOL ;)

Post edited by myotherworld on

SauronLivez said:

I bought the bundle, and for the first hour or so all I did was pose G3F and G8F, and watched all the old V4 Poses just work! No tweaking, no loading up v4 to see how the pose is supposed to look.  It was awesome! There are a bunch of old Model Pose Construction Sets and Comic Pose Construction Sets for both M4 and V4 that I always loved using.  Bone Minion lets me resurrect those old sets and breathe new life into my poses for G3/8/F.  It's so much fun to be able to use some of my favorite content on the new figures. Thank you for this!

When you release the Bone Minions that allow us to use Genesis / Genesis 2 Poses on G8 that will be a day one purchase for sure.

You are very welcome!  I am so glad you like it as much as I do! smiley

myotherworld said:

if someone had told me I would be buying V4/M4 pose sets this late in the game I woulld not have believed them

LOL laugh  It is weird, isn't it? surprise  Besides being cheap, there are some poses that just haven't been recreated in the later generations. 

• RiverSoftArt said:

myotherworld said:

LOL laugh  It is weird, isn't it? surprise  Besides being cheap, there are some poses that just haven't been recreated in the later generations. 

Can you (or anyone) give some examples of such pose sets unique to V4/M4? Once I get Bone Minion, I'll be on the lookout.

zombiewhacker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

myotherworld said:

Can you (or anyone) give some examples of such pose sets unique to V4/M4? Once I get Bone Minion, I'll be on the lookout.

For me, it was the https://www.daz3d.com/buenaventura-crew-action

• Interesting. Reminds of me of the old Drakkar Crew Action pose set for G2, which used to be sold here at DAZ but got deleted some time ago.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572

zombiewhacker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

myotherworld said:

For me it would be:

Vanguard Posepack 2 - Cockpit and Detach V4

Vanguard Posepack 1 - Main V4

Vanguard Posepack 3 - Rear and Ladder V4

to name 3

• Goooooooooooood this tool is AMAZING. Super hyped for the Genesis one for sure.

Thank you, king, this is a godsend

myotherworld said:

zombiewhacker said:

RiverSoftArt said:

myotherworld said:

For me it would be:

Vanguard Posepack 2 - Cockpit and Detach V4

Vanguard Posepack 1 - Main V4

Vanguard Posepack 3 - Rear and Ladder V4

to name 3

Thanks for sharing!

Panzer Emerald said:

Goooooooooooood this tool is AMAZING. Super hyped for the Genesis one for sure.

Thank you, king, this is a godsend

You're welcome!  I am so glad you like it.

There is a v1.1 update coming soon:

• Added a Create Heavyweight Bone Minion script.  Bone Minions are designed to be fast and lightweight bone catchers for poses.  However, they do have a limitation that especially comes into play with later generations.  The standard Bone Minions only contain the bones and rigging of the figure types.  They do not include pose properties.  Thus, they cannot catch poses that do not change bones but only change pose properties, e.g., Right Hand Fist which moves all the bones of the right hand to make a fist.  To use these types of poses, you need to have a heavyweight Bone Minion which is essentially an invisible copy of the figure type.  The Create Heavyweight Bone Minion script can create and set up these heavyweight Bone Minions.
    • Added Automatic Pose Transfer property to the Bone Minions, which control if the pose transfer to the parent Target Figure automatically occurs when the Bone Minion's bones change
    • Fixed limitation that only one Bone Minion per figure was in automatic mode
    • Fixed Copying Transformations so it does not copy unchanged bones
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Bought this one Thursday. Only used it once. Really like it. Put 2 M4 poses (was a group duo) on a G8 and a G8.1.

Btw: Your install custom actions does not work on a Macintosh, running OS 12.4 (almost the latest). But since the last time I bought from you, I learned how to install in the Scripts Menu. So, it's all OK.

Only thing that was a bit annoying: I thought there was a way to Hide the bone minions after applying poses. That would make it easier to tweak. I did watch your tuturial, full 23 mins. I thought I saw you hide things. Maybe I was mistaken.

Suggestion for another Bone Minion Product: G8 and 8.1 to . . .  whatever. I really don't have a need to put G8 poses on a lower (like G3), but maybe some do. The reason I'm suggesting this is for Cross Conversion, say G8F and G8.1F to G8M and G8.1M. I saw in your tutorial that you can apply the Female to the Male poses and make them look really good. I do have some G8F poses I would like to apply to G8Ms. 

Overall, I was really impressed, both with the product and with the tutorial. You deserve an "A" for this.

inquire said:

Bought this one Thursday. Only used it once. Really like it. Put 2 M4 poses (was a group duo) on a G8 and a G8.1.

Btw: Your install custom actions does not work on a Macintosh, running OS 12.4 (almost the latest). But since the last time I bought from you, I learned how to install in the Scripts Menu. So, it's all OK.

Only thing that was a bit annoying: I thought there was a way to Hide the bone minions after applying poses. That would make it easier to tweak. I did watch your tuturial, full 23 mins. I thought I saw you hide things. Maybe I was mistaken.

Suggestion for another Bone Minion Product: G8 and 8.1 to . . .  whatever. I really don't have a need to put G8 poses on a lower (like G3), but maybe some do. The reason I'm suggesting this is for Cross Conversion, say G8F and G8.1F to G8M and G8.1M. I saw in your tutorial that you can apply the Female to the Male poses and make them look really good. I do have some G8F poses I would like to apply to G8Ms. 

Overall, I was really impressed, both with the product and with the tutorial. You deserve an "A" for this.

Thank you for the kind review! smiley  On each Bone Minion, there is a Show Bones toggle that will show/hide the bones.

edited July 2022

A show or hide bones toggle? I do not see it. I'm on a Macintosh. Sometimes things don't work the same on a Macintosh. In case it's me, just how do I acces the hide bones toggle? I've tried clicking on various parts of it.

Post edited by inquire on

inquire said:

A show or hide bones toggle? I do not see it. I'm on a Macintosh. Sometimes things don't work the same on a Macintosh. In case it's me, just how do I acces the hide bones toggle? I've tried clicking on various parts of it.

Go to parameters and look there:

2022-07-24_06-41-27.jpg
    654 x 1290 - 130K

OK. Thanks very much. I'm still working with the product, and it is very satisfactory. A great idea. I have applied some of the female V4 poses to G8 and G8.1 Males, and tweaked them slightly. They do load very much better with the Bone Minion product, then they would load if I applied them directly to a G8M.

inquire said:

OK. Thanks very much. I'm still working with the product, and it is very satisfactory. A great idea. I have applied some of the female V4 poses to G8 and G8.1 Males, and tweaked them slightly. They do load very much better with the Bone Minion product, then they would load if I applied them directly to a G8M.

You're welcome!  I am glad it is working for you.

Is there a Bone Minion product for Genesis 3 poses to be transferred to Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1?