[Released] Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918

inquire said:

Is there a Bone Minion product for Genesis 3 poses to be transferred to Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1? 

Prob after Genesis 2 as there is a Genesis set.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

DoctorJellybean said:

inquire said:

Is there a Bone Minion product for Genesis 3 poses to be transferred to Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1? 

Yes, there will be one.  It has been accepted by Daz but nothing else.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

inquire said:

Ah, great news to hear. I am waiting for it. As "it has been accepted by Daz," I think that means it's been completed and is going in for quality control, or something like that, and also Daz probably doesn't want to put too many products on the market at any one time.

inquire said:

RiverSoftArt said:

DoctorJellybean said:

inquire said:

Ah, great news to hear. I am waiting for it. As "it has been accepted by Daz," I think that means it's been completed and is going in for quality control, or something like that, and also Daz probably doesn't want to put too many products on the market at any one time.

It is completed and accepted by Daz.  Daz still needs to test and then schedule its release.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Has the version 1.1 update been released yet?

• Checking in to say that I picked up the Generation 4 version for G8 this past weekend, and though I've only just started playing with it, I love it so far. I have a reasonable converter utility I've been using to convert G1-G3 to G8, but over time I had some Generation 4 poses accumulating that I couldn't really do anything useful with. This makes it so easy to use those PZ2 poses and the old Daz ones, that I'm actually going back now and buying some older poses just to have extra variety. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Checking in to say that I picked up the Generation 4 version for G8 this past weekend, and though I've only just started playing with it, I love it so far. I have a reasonable converter utility I've been using to convert G1-G3 to G8, but over time I had some Generation 4 poses accumulating that I couldn't really do anything useful with. This makes it so easy to use those PZ2 poses and the old Daz ones, that I'm actually going back now and buying some older poses just to have extra variety. 

I am so glad you like it! smiley

• I am having a problem with the Bone Minion losing "connection" with the target character. Read the PDF and watched your vid on uTube. The conversion process will work for several pose conversions and then become unresponsive. The Minion will assume the pose to be converted but the target character does not respond.

I have tried closing and opening DS and clean reboot with very spoty results. Sometimes Bone Minion will work once and then freeze, sometimes it will do 20 in a row flawlessly and then freeze.

Any ideas or solutions to my problem? Great idea and when it works I love it.

Mike

• MustangMike said:

I am having a problem with the Bone Minion losing "connection" with the target character. Read the PDF and watched your vid on uTube. The conversion process will work for several pose conversions and then become unresponsive. The Minion will assume the pose to be converted but the target character does not respond.

I have tried closing and opening DS and clean reboot with very spoty results. Sometimes Bone Minion will work once and then freeze, sometimes it will do 20 in a row flawlessly and then freeze.

Any ideas or solutions to my problem? Great idea and when it works I love it.

Mike

Are you sure it is not just a pose that doesn't change the hip?  If the hip bone is not changed, DS won't alert the script to the pose.  However, you can always use the Apply changes script to transfer the pose to the target figure too.

To be sure, you can also post the log and I can see if it crashed.

• MustangMikeMustangMike Posts: 13
    edited October 2022

It is not a specific pose problem as I have tried it on a pose that had previously converted correctly and a sampling of many other pose files.

I have been checking the log file and it appears that when it hangs nothing is reflected in the log. I am going to try the Heavyweight Minnion and see if there were bone issues that caused problems.

Will keep you informed. Thanks for the quick response.

**** Follow Up, the Heavy Weight Minnion seems to be reliable and working fine.. much better rotation interpolations! I also launced DS in a clean, no 3d party morphs condition and that seemed to help. Clean log from boot to execution.

Bone Minnion seems very sensetive to 3d party morphs in your library and ANY small glitches in loading your Target Figure... Just my $.02. smiley  Still much more convienient that having to load the donor and target figure in the scene.

Mike

Post edited by MustangMike on
  • MustangMike said:

It is not a specific pose problem as I have tried it on a pose that had previously converted correctly and a sampling of many other pose files.

I have been checking the log file and it appears that when it hangs nothing is reflected in the log. I am going to try the Heavyweight Minnion and see if there were bone issues that caused problems.

Will keep you informed. Thanks for the quick response.

**** Follow Up, the Heavy Weight Minnion seems to be reliable and working fine.. much better rotation interpolations! I also launced DS in a clean, no 3d party morphs condition and that seemed to help. Clean log from boot to execution.

Bone Minnion seems very sensetive to 3d party morphs in your library and ANY small glitches in loading your Target Figure... Just my $.02. smiley  Still much more convienient that having to load the donor and target figure in the scene.

Mike

Huh.  There is no reason I can think of that morphs would matter at all... except if all the extra morphs make DS extra slow and that is causing some race condition between firing off the hip change event or not.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2022

I picked this up a few days ago (along with the Genesis 2 to G8). It's brilliant!

Just out of curiosity I thought I'd try to see if it worked with animations, and it sort of does. Well, with the first frame ^^'

Obviously Bone Minion's pose changes in the next frame. So, I thought I'd be able to click "apply changes" and G8F would follow. But it doesn't. So is it possible to use Bone Minion with animations?

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • N-RArts said:

I picked this up a few days ago (along with the Genesis 2 to G8). It's brilliant!

Just out of curiosity I thought I'd try to see if it worked with animations, and it sort of does. Well, with the first frame ^^'

Obviously Bone Minion's pose changes in the next frame. So, I thought I'd be able to click "apply changes" and G8F would follow. But it doesn't. So is it possible to use Bone Minion with animations?

Yes, it is.  You need to apply the aniblock to the bone minion:

• I could imagine, that the utility does not need an interactive license for the results of posing anyway, but i'd prefer to have an official statement on this, so: what's your take on that, only the results of posing, not the script/code of this plugin?

• generalgameplaying said:

I could imagine, that the utility does not need an interactive license for the results of posing anyway, but i'd prefer to have an official statement on this, so: what's your take on that, only the results of posing, not the script/code of this plugin?

If you are using Bone Minion to convert the pose and then export those results, you don't need a Bone Minion interactive license (though you may need an interactive license for the original pose).  If you were somehow running the script in an interactive game to convert poses on the fly, then you would need an interactive license.  (I don't see how that is possible though).

• When can we expect a Bone Minion for Genesis 9? I hope it is "really soon" laugh. I do have a lot of poses for G8 and G3 that would really look good on Genesis 9 and Victoria 9.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

When can we expect a Bone Minion for Genesis 9? I hope it is "really soon" laugh. I do have a lot of poses for G8 and G3 that would really look good on Genesis 9 and Victoria 9.

Bone Minion for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Poses for Genesis 9 is submitted and ready for testing.  Release dates are at Daz's sole discretion, so I don't know when it will be released; I would not expect it during the Genesis 9 launch period.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

When can we expect a Bone Minion for Genesis 9? I hope it is "really soon" laugh. I do have a lot of poses for G8 and G3 that would really look good on Genesis 9 and Victoria 9.

Bone Minion for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Poses for Genesis 9 is submitted and ready for testing.  Release dates are at Daz's sole discretion, so I don't know when it will be released; I would not expect it during the Genesis 9 launch period.

That is a pity, it would make Victoria 9 so much more useful. Actually, it should have been available right from the start. Nevertheless, I am waiting and ignoring the whimpering of my credit card. 

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

That is a pity, it would make Victoria 9 so much more useful. Actually, it should have been available right from the start. Nevertheless, I am waiting and ignoring the whimpering of my credit card. 

LOL.  Be strong! laugh

• This will be an insta-buy for sure.

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 574
    edited October 2022

So with the blow out sale of a lot of  ironman13 stuff ( bundles and poases ) $2.99 or less if make use of the other discounts.

That has G3 and some G2 poses in it I am so glad that I have bone minion ( do I have minion from G2 to G8?) mmm may need to spend a bit more cash.

I would only spend it on food or heating anyway.

looking forward to minion 9

Post edited by myotherworld on
    edited October 2022

myotherworld said:

So with the blow out sale of a lot of  ironman13 stuff ( bundles and poases ) $2.99 or less if make use of the other discounts.

That has G3 and some G2 poses in it I am so glad that I have bone minion ( do I have minion from G2 to G8?) mmm may need to spend a bit more cash.

I would only spend it on food or heating anyway.

looking forward to minion 9

Thank you!  I am glad you like Bone Minion!  (If you were asking, yes there are Bone Minions for G2 to G8 and G3 to G8)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

So glad to hear Bone Minion for G9 is in Daz's hands. One of my biggest frustrations is the total lack of decent poses and manually having to take the few ones we have been given and turn them into something I need for a scene. Especially when I know there is a pack of poses just right in my G8/8.1 collection.

• memcneil70 said:

So glad to hear Bone Minion for G9 is in Daz's hands. One of my biggest frustrations is the total lack of decent poses and manually having to take the few ones we have been given and turn them into something I need for a scene. Especially when I know there is a pack of poses just right in my G8/8.1 collection.

I can't wait to get it into YOUR hands! smiley  But it is up to Daz for when.