The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    kyoto kid said:

...hmm, seems to be fine as you post came through.

I am on my tablet but the internet on my desktop is not working well.  They are both using same WiFi but having different results.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    TroutFace said:

One hour and 15 minutes to party time... goiung out tonight!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

smileydevil I'm a little debbil..

TGIF  breaking out the potato chips and cheese doodles

i feel like the angels weren't looking out for me today.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    MistyMist said:
    TroutFace said:

One hour and 15 minutes to party time... goiung out tonight!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

smileydevil I'm a little debbil..

TGIF  breaking out the potato chips and cheese doodles

...oooh cheese doodles, make my fingers turn orange...

MistyMist said:

...guess they were busy getting ready to play the Cleveland Indians.  They're winning though 1 - 0 in the top of the 6th inning.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    TroutFace said:
    TroutFace said:
    kyoto kid said:

...and I thought I was a perfectionist.

Some folks take it all too far... cheeky

There is no too far. cheeky

When you drive off a bridge because your GPS said to.. that's too far! surprise

I treat my GPS device's information as suggestions only.  I know how to read a map and make real-time decisions.  I've worked intimately with computers since the 60s.  I've developed a healthy distrust of them.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    TroutFace said:
    atticanne said:
    McGyver said:

Complaint- About a month ago I bashed my elbow on a nice ornate moulding on a doorframe, as I ran through it... Don't run in socks on tiled floors is probably the lesson there... So my stupid elbow swelled up... After a week or so it went down, but not completely. It's been pretty sore and a little swollen for a month now and I finally went to an "urgent care" clinic and found out I probably ruptured the bursa sac... So now I have to have my arm wrapped up to reduce the swelling...

IT IS FRIKIN DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!

I can't bend my arm and the pressure on the injury is annoying as all hell... It was a problem before, only when I leaned on it or bumped it into something... Now it's like I'm always leaning on it and just completely distracting... I want to kick something... Grrrrrrr!

Oh well...

EDITED TO ADD... Happy Birthday tjohn!

No, no, no.  Don't kick anything.  You would break a toe.

Done that.  The big toe on my right foot looks awful now...

Do you have it taped to the one next to it?  That's all I did when I broke one of my toes.  

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

...guess they were busy getting ready to play the Cleveland Indians.  They're winning though 1 - 0 in the top of the 6th inning.

i guess Cleveland was the name of the tribe?  smiley

Shinnecock Powwow is next weekend.  Been trying to find someone to take me along.
    http://www.shinnecocknation.org/news

Etrigan said:

Don't tell the Newfoundlanders (Newfies) they're part of Canada. They'll throw you to the seals.cheeky

seals will hurt me?

edited August 2015

is it kitten season?  seems like everyone is trying to make me adopt a kitten.  i told them i can't take in a kitten unless i go to the powwow or to the zoo.

i like cats, but my heart is for the buppies.  if i adopt a kitteh, she's gonna be an overlooked cat from the shelter.

i haz the perfect window for a kitteh, purrfect sill size for the big cat with the lil cat self-body image.  kittehs should come in pairs, they like to groom each other?

do kittens know to use the litterbox, or need training?  can cats be trained?  

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2015

My son has just adopted 2 little kitties from a shelter.  Poor little things were found as real tiny, not old enough to have left their Mum. Now 8 weeks old when he got them  He was only going to have one, but his daughter fell in love with one of them and he fell for another, so they got both.

Both of them

and then a better piccy of Button, you can see where her name came from

And yes Kitties can be easliy trained to the litter box.   Mine even tell me when it needs emptying.

new kitties.jpg
    800 x 464 - 166K
    new kitties button.jpg
    800 x 562 - 172K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2015

they look so teeny smiley

was having a look at the overlooked kittehs  http://littleshelter.com/cats/overlooked-cats

this one is catching my attention - Denise  lol

one of the seniors, says she's 8-12  she looks annoyed they interrupted her nap for the picture.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited August 2015

If you get an over looked cat you would possibly be better with one that is used to being an indoor cat, so it won't be worried when you are out at work.

Our two were sort of overlooked kitties, as they came to us half grown.  The lady wasn't sure if she would be able to find homes for them, as they were not tiny cuddly kitties, and were not grown up cats, They were just over 6 months old when they came.  They had always been together (sisters) so we had to have both of them, couldn't split them up, it didn't seem fair.

When the lady from the refuge brought them down to see us, having vetted us first, they climbed out the basket, looked the place over and started to play together, which we took to mean that they had decided to stay.  They then looked around urgently, so we showed them the litter box and they both used it thankfully.  They have stayed as indoor cats, although we do take them out on leads sometimes.

MistyMist said:

is it kitten season?  seems like everyone is trying to make me adopt a kitten.  i told them i can't take in a kitten unless i go to the powwow or to the zoo.

i like cats, but my heart is for the buppies.  if i adopt a kitteh, she's gonna be an overlooked cat from the shelter.

i haz the perfect window for a kitteh, purrfect sill size for the big cat with the lil cat self-body image.  kittehs should come in pairs, they like to groom each other?

do kittens know to use the litterbox, or need training?  can cats be trained?  

I love cats.  Had many myself.  But I'm over the pet mania.  Never again.  Now my feeling is, cats are wonderful if they are someone else's.

Denise would have to be an indoor cat.  main road out front, wilderness in the back, buppies in the yard.  

or mebbe the senior cat might be better fit, if she happy to hangout on the window sill.

girl cats don't spray?

i'm sure glad human men don't spray on the walls and furniture.  

lookin around my place, need to kitteh proof.  where did all these knick-knacks come from?

MistyMist said:

Don't be so sure of that.  But that's a story for another time.... surprise

MistyMist said:

Don't be so sure of that.  But that's a story for another time.... surprise

re-qualifying op, 'sober human men'  

wondering my pink flamingo light strand would be safe from kitteh attack? 

edited August 2015
    MistyMist said:

lookin around my place, need to kitteh proof.  where did all these knick-knacks come from?

Thought you might like to see this Misty.  A 7 month old kitten  sleeping next to fairly rare prcelain figure worth around £100  ($150)

Steffi ornament.jpg
    800 x 600 - 216K

no paws twitchy kitten dreams?  

smiley

edited August 2015

That, and the rest of Himself's porcelain is now in the display cabinets with glass doors, sharing space with my glass collection.

We have a wooden floor, laid over a stone base, so had it got knocked down there would have been a big problem  (these cottages are old)

Chohole said:

That, and the rest of Himself's porcelain is now in the display cabinets with glass doors, sharing space with my glass collection.

We have a wooden floor, laid over a stone base, so had it got knocked down there would have been a big problem  (these cottages are old)

Cats like people are individuals.  I had one common gray cat that was a fat lump and as clumsy as she was lazy.  If she took the energy to get on a table or shelf you could be certain something would be tipped or ejected.  angryOn the otherhand I had a beautiful Russian Blue male that was tiny, lithe, graceful and could walk among the pieces of a chess game and not disturb the play. heart We never worried about the breakables until we acquired the lump. sad

I have sisters, as different as chalk and cheese.  The one asleep on the shelf is the larger cat, chubby and rounded form, and somewhat slow on the uptake compared to her smaller slim lithe sister who is much more adventurous, although a bit nervous of some things. The smaller one was probably the runt of the litter, but makes up for her smaller size by getting into much more mischief. When she is in a fun mood she never walks if she can run. consequently she can actually knock more things over than her more ponderous sister.

hearing pink panther theme music 

i don't have junk drawers to put stuff away in.  wedgewood plates, boyd faeries, limoge tea cups - >.< can't just chuck this stuff

edited August 2015

OH no, of course you can't, particularly not the Limoges, I am trying to get a small Limoges vase in a particular colour scheme, and keep getting outbid.

limoge vase..JPG
    300 x 225 - 16K

limoge has that like sss scattering look.  would never actually sips tea from the tea cups, tea might stain it.  had them out over 25 years, don't think would hurt their feelings to put them into a drawer.

the waterford wine glasses, could actually use them for wine.  is waterford cat magnets?

MistyMist said:

limoge has that like sss scattering look.  would never actually sips tea from the tea cups, tea might stain it.  had them out over 25 years, don't think would hurt their feelings to put them into a drawer.

the waterford wine glasses, could actually use them for wine.  is waterford cat magnets?

My Waterford has always been in the cabinet with glass doors. Along with my Italian glass.  I have some Murano, original murano, not the mass produced stuff you get nowadays.

...been looking for one of these, but just like Chohole, I keep getting outbid right near the end.

...also woudln't mind finding one of these (apologies for the small pic)

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2015

I sometimes visit a neighbor's cat when she (the neighbor, not the cat) goes on vacation.  He (the cat, but also the neighbor, she) is very nice.  But cleaning the litterboxes is enough for me to say 'no cats'.  Likewise, a few years ago, I watched another neighbor's dogs.  Big Weimeriner and little barrel-body with toothpick legs.  They peed and pooped all over the back yard, and the big one even wizzed all over the childrens' swingset.  I had to wear boots whenever I visited them, and the boots needed cleaning afterward, almost as bad as boots used in a pasture!  Eeeww.

Now I know how one of my best friends used to feel, "no pets unless they can use the toilet and wipe themselves afterward!"  Yes, that's how I feel now.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • Chohole said:

...I am trying to get a small Limoges vase in a particular colour scheme, and keep getting outbid.

kyoto kid said:

...been looking for one of these, but just like Chohole, I keep getting outbid right near the end.

You both need to raise your bids.  If it's Ebay, especially so.  Because you might be competing with somebody like me, and I'm definitely gonna bid higher than you and in the last 30 seconds so that you don't have a chance to drive it higher by $5 increments.  I'm gonna win anyway.

If you are nickel-and-dime adding to your bids and you really want that item, then you may not be getting serious enough about the price you're willing to pay.  You can still beat the last-second bidder like me, but to do so you will need to raise your maximum much much more.

P.S.  No, I'm not "really" bidding on your items.  But I do win over 90% of the auctions I bid in, and usually I get the item for only 50 to 75% of my bid price, and a mere $5 over the second-best bid.  So get serious and you will win the item you so dearly covet.  wink

This discussion has been closed.