Show Daz that Carrara users are a market worth supporting! How many Product Pages do you have?

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited July 2015
    head wax said:

JoeMamma2000 said:

So I'll step aside and let others continue as their interests lead them. 

"Thanks Joe. We appreciate that."

I'm sure you do. I was going to ask you to clarify diomede's latest post, using your Oxford training in critical reasoning. 

(I think I just heard a sigh of relief from Mr. Wax smiley...)

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • TerritanTerritan Posts: 76

That's why I don't see Carrara as cow in coma. I plan for contingencies and still I believe business wisdom will always prevail.

(* suddenly chokes, sprays coffee four feet *)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Mythmaker said:

i started with daz studio but than changed to carrara and also started learning hexagon but right now i am more working with Carrara.

I want to start creating my very own characters, independent from the Daz Figures what doesnt means that i won't buy anything from Daz Studio.

Am a DS to Carrara migrant too myself. Spent more on Daz3D store since I joined Carrara. 

One of the greatest MYTH is Carrarists buy fewer stuff...it's LOL...given these:

1. Majority of Carrara users have DS installed. Allegedly no stats being collected on whether people are buying store content to be used in DS or Carrara. 
    2. Anywhere between 60-90% of Carrara plugin/ add-on developers don't sell stuff on official store, so no stats collected too.
    3. Carrarists pay upfront for their tool. Soon after, another $100-300 for tuitions and basics add-ons. They are invested and committed to the Daz3D ecology FROM THE START. 
    4. There are almost as many forum VIEWS here as DS and most CG app forums.  
    5. There are more dedicated grade-A community volunteers here in relative OR absolute numbers than DS !!!
    6. There are more old school new school game gen internationals here than Reallusion, amazing given the chronic near-zero marketing efforts and spending, even alleged deliberate obsfucating!

Are these low-maintanence - nah more like self-maintaining paid-to-gold-test customers mere throwaways in this time of $0.99 apps? Me think not.

That's why I don't see Carrara as cow in coma. I plan for contingencies and still I believe business wisdom will always prevail.   

So...don't let the naysayings stop anyone from getting to know this little playground! 

Nice  round up myth maker ;) I especially like points 1 though to 6  ;) 

Territan said:

(* suddenly chokes, sprays coffee four feet *)

territan, check if your keyboard works , :) if not hanging it on the clothes line usually helps :) 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

What do you do if you spill coffee on your keyboard?  Get yourself another cup...

Heh heh :) 

Head Wax - did you get the mail I sent you a couple of days ago, I haven't had a reply so thought you may not have seen it.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Chohole said:

BTW, if someone would like to try it, the Ignore feature should be working now.

Yes, it works fine.  Many thanks for the quick response.

Mythmaker said:

Am a DS to Carrara migrant too myself. Spent more on Daz3D store since I joined Carrara. 

One of the greatest MYTH is Carrarists buy fewer stuff...it's LOL...given these:

1. Majority of Carrara users have DS installed. Allegedly no stats being collected on whether people are buying store content to be used in DS or Carrara.

Good post, I think much of what you say is not apparent to many folks.  E.g. ALL of my 47 pages of DAZ purchases are used in Carrara.  I tried an early version of DS and got frustrated, then never went back.  I also own Vue Complete, Poser, and even Lightwave, but the Poser and Carrara format products I have purchased from DAZ are used almost exclusively in Carrara.  As I've mentioned, I have had trouble with Genesis, DUF, etc. in Carrara, so I have decided to stick with Poser/Carrara formats.  As these two formats seem to be on the decline at DAZ, especially with some of my previously preferred PA's, I've been shopping recently at other websites, which still offer many new Poser format items.

• 1. 21 (mostly scifi oriented)
    2. Carrara
    3. Yes

Years ago I started with Paracomp 3D (anyone remember it?). Then I went to RayDream Studio, and followed the path next to Carrara.
    Question: Was there a Carrara SDK available? If so, anyone know where I can find it.

• Thank you, Chicken Man.

PhilW said:

Head Wax - did you get the mail I sent you a couple of days ago, I haven't had a reply so thought you may not have seen it.

sorry Phil, thanks for the heads up. Have replied. Cheers!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

BTW, Mr. Wax, could I impose upon you to translate in layman's language the difference between diomede's explanation and my overly simplistic explanation?

Thanks.

lucky I went to a Catholic school... you learn to skip the big words all together yesdevil

and still make sense of it wink 

Stezza said:

BTW, Mr. Wax, could I impose upon you to translate in layman's language the difference between diomede's explanation and my overly simplistic explanation?

Thanks.

lucky I went to a Catholic school... you learn to skip the big words all together yesdevil

and still make sense of it wink 

they wouldn't let me into the Catholic school because of my tattoo (the one under my  right eye with all the sixes...)

I'm glad you understood the post - I was starting to feel all brainy and stuff - now you have gone and wrecked it ;)

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    head wax said:

I'm glad you understood the post - I was starting to feel all brainy and stuff - now you have gone and wrecked it ;)

Just a thought...maybe you can convert some of that extreme braininess into a detailed tutorial one of these days. Y'know, to provide a little relief from those of us who spend so much time doing that kinda stuff.

I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Not that your one-liners aren't appreciated...

1. 21 (mostly scifi oriented)
    2. Carrara
    3. Yes

Years ago I started with Paracomp 3D (anyone remember it?). Then I went to RayDream Studio, and followed the path next to Carrara.
    Question: Was there a Carrara SDK available? If so, anyone know where I can find it.

thanks havecodewilltravel ;)

• Just started with Carrara so 5 pages with more models every day.

Carrara

Yes

Very frustrating coming over from xsi, c4d and Lightwave at my day job to this DS vs Carrara deal at home thus far. Even iClone and Blender have more planned resource management systems and even though xsi is ended it still has better support than Carrara.. Being old is no excuse. Xsi and LW are old too.

Basically without you good folk on this forum and just a few others, there would be no Carrara for me.

The software itself is great. The support..well, you know.

Thanks chris-2756895! Welcome to Carrara! Yes, the software and the community is great! 

Just started with Carrara so 5 pages with more models every day. ...

Basically without you good folk on this forum and just a few others, there would be no Carrara for me.

The software itself is great. The support..well, you know.

Welcome, Chris.  Yes, the Carrara Forum folks can provide a lot of help if you ask.  Also, I highly recommend the Carrara tutorials from Infinite Skills, for sale here at DAZ and occasionally on sale for pretty deep discounts.  They are created by Phil Wilkes, also a Forum participant, and I get more out of them than anything I ever got from DAZ.

Too kind! wink

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Yeah, I also recommend the whole series from Infinite Skills, authored by our own Phil Wilkes. I have considered myself well enough on my way to knowing what I wanted to know about Carrara before buying any of them, so I started with "Advanced" before the Realism Rendering was made. After watching that course over and over again and having a blast with all of the included working files, I've decided to buy the whole series and love watching them/playing with the cool working files. ;)

Thanks Phil!

So on to the main topic, and I apologize for not piping in sooner:

1) How many pages do you have in your product library? 23 (Wow... I thought I had a lot of content! Many of you blow me away in that regard! But then again, I guess I am still fairly new to this)

2) What is the primary software that you use with these products? Carrara

3) Would you buy Genesis 3 products if they worked in your primary software?. Yes, but only if they did work in Carrara

In fact, until I see some sort of evidence that Carrara is being further developed I am no longer going to invest in anything Genesis, even though I really like the models. It's just a precaution for myself where, if Carrara development was to become abandoned, I'll likely just stick to the old Runtime style content and uninstall DAZ Studio. Otherwise, if Carrara development does pick up and show improvement, then I'll likely go the other way and invest full force into the newer Genesis system and learn more and more about DAZ Studio and really dive into using it more.

Thanks Dartanbeck. Well said as always. Stick around we miss you ;) 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited July 2015

Working on coming back more regularly. A few ends to tie up andI should be back fairly DAZ Soon! LOL ;)

Oh.. and Thank YOU! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Pleasure

• KatLadyKatLady Posts: 38

25 pages in my library, and growing monthly

Poser and Carrara

Yes, when it works in these programs.

I have thousands of digital models and move models between Poser and Carrara all the time.

• KatLadyKatLady Posts: 38

Forgot to mention that almost all my purchased content is from DAZ and has been for years.  Basically, I depend on DAZ for content. 

I'll likely just stick to the old Runtime style content 

I'm glad I never stopped using it.  Works great with Carrara's browser, and easily searchable in Window's Explorer, especially with keywords added to each Runtime folder.  

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452

I would like to respond to the question of how many pages I have..but not sure how.  First I cannot find "My Page" or whatever they called it before they updated the website. I have searched a few times but see no link.  Secondly, is a page each model that has been bought for use in Carrara, or is it the page on DAZ  "My Page " that has them all listed..which I cannot find ?

Thanks for enlightenment..

msteaka aka Starboardtack

Top right - little person icon - My Account - Product Library, and it then tells you how many pages of stuff