Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948
    carrie58 said:

The second one looks like J-lo to me

​Thank you, just had one of those 'now you say it' moments :)

• nDelphi said:

Arry for Genesis 8 Female - Arya Stark is finally here.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=125213&AID=666

I wish @Phoenix1966 would do all the guys to match this set.

I'm not saying yes to this, but I'm not saying no, either. wink

Pleeeeeeeaaaaase. heart

You can have my soul, I'm not using it.

Let's just say I might have been talking with Sangriart to find out what plans the vendor might have regarding the men of GoT, since they've already done such an amazing job on the women.

Hmm...never know when a spare soul might come in handy.

Phoenix1966: If I may ask, what are you working on next? Been checking your Tumblr, but haven't seen anything new just yet. Was Crowley next on your list? You don't have to answer if you don't want; I've just been stalking the other store looking for the next creation! :-)

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,652

*shuffles by humming the theme from GoT*

• *shuffles by humming the theme from GoT*

Thanks for the heads up! :-) Look forward to seeing your new creations!

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

Man I wish you and Sangriart were Doctor Who fans!  LOL  Still, whatever you guys come out with is amazing and a must buy!  laugh

I happen to love Tom Baker. blush

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752

Thanks for the heads up! :-) Look forward to seeing your new creations!

*chants rhythmically: Castiel... Crowley... Castiel... Crowley... Castiel... Crowley...*

Speaking of Sangriart their latest is out at the other place.... 

Lionel Closeup

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,597

I happen to love Tom Baker. blush

Really, now...Do tell!

Release him or Leonard Nimoy in his 1967 prime and you might finally get me to turn to "the DAZ side". laugh

Sincerely,

Bill

I love Spock more...

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,597

I love Spock more...

Now, when you say that, do you mean Nimoy's Spock or Quinto's take?

I having nothing against the younger actor, but being 55, I grew up with the reruns of the "classic" series during the 70s.  Yeah, there's a strong nostalgic factor, there.

Sincerely,

Bill

• SangriartSangriart Posts: 28
    stuthurso said:

Man I wish you and Sangriart were Doctor Who fans!  LOL  Still, whatever you guys come out with is amazing and a must buy!  laugh

I was actually planning to make Clara Oswald look-alike one day =) And no more males for now! Gosh, they are complicated. 

edited March 2018

Leonard Nimoy's Spock was one of my first t.v. crushes and I have had a thing for men with goatees ever since "Mirror, Mirror". No disrespect to other actors, but there is only one Spock for me and Nimoy was it.

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
    Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

I was actually planning to make Clara Oswald look-alike one day =) And no more males for now! Gosh, they are complicated. 

Oh please, please, please!  I adore Jenna Coleman!  Ahem, I ‘d better calm down before I make a fool of myself. blush  And I also love Tom Baker too obviously....and Nimoy, Shatner, Troughton, Pertwee, Doohan, etc, etc, etc...... wink

• Anyone know of a Margot Robbie head morph for Genesis 8?  I have FWSA Haley for Genesis 3 /V7 but is a more stylized Victoria 7 than Margot Robbie.  I am thinking about doing something "Terminalish"

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited March 2018
    Redfern said:

I love Spock more...

Now, when you say that, do you mean Nimoy's Spock or Quinto's take?

I having nothing against the younger actor, but being 55, I grew up with the reruns of the "classic" series during the 70s.  Yeah, there's a strong nostalgic factor, there.

Sincerely,

Bill

I sure miss Nimoy!

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

That would be awesome. I have bought 4 of your characters so far. Awesome work!

Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

If it’s not an impertinent question Sangriart what is it about male characters that you find more difficult than the female ones?  And I was wondering if Phoenix1966 feels the same way?  It’s just you guys are producing the very best ‘look-a-like’ characters that I think I’ve ever seen and I’m fascinated and would love to hear more about how you actually plan and develop these great, must buy models.  Without exposing any trade secrets obviously!      I’m always impressed with real talent and believe that anyone with it should be complemented (and you both have talent in spades) even if I do come across as a total fanboy saying it!!  LOL  

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,057
    edited March 2018

Just a note:  Angel for V4 is one of the items that is part of the V4 sale today...

https://www.daz3d.com/angel-for-v4

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

As a mediocre artist in more traditional mediums I always found doing females much more difficult then doing males. My females look ugly and masculine but those same qualities on males makes them look, well, like males. 

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited March 2018

Who does she resemble?  She seems familiar but I can't place her.

Morgana.jpg
    800 x 800 - 80K
    Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on

Who does she resemble?  She seems failiar but I can't place her.

Cara Delevingne maybe?  

309C59DC-297B-4454-B4A1-401587821576.jpeg
    900 x 750 - 108K
    edited March 2018

A couple of new ones here.  

First is Adam Thwates latest in his Celebrity Series (Number 11 and available on Most Digital Creations) which appears to be Kristen Stewart: 

Mod Edit,  Off site Commercial promo removed  Please use a non promotional image

and the brilliant Pheonix1966's latest is called Jessie and is available on Renderosity, who looks to me to be based on Charlie Hunnam (though YMMV): 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SangriartSangriart Posts: 28
    stuthurso said:
    Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

If it’s not an impertinent question Sangriart what is it about male characters that you find more difficult than the female ones?  And I was wondering if Phoenix1966 feels the same way?  It’s just you guys are producing the very best ‘look-a-like’ characters that I think I’ve ever seen and I’m fascinated and would love to hear more about how you actually plan and develop these great, must buy models.  Without exposing any trade secrets obviously!      I’m always impressed with real talent and believe that anyone with it should be complemented (and you both have talent in spades) even if I do come across as a total fanboy saying it!!  LOL  

I am relatively new to 3D, and have been releasing characters for just over a year. There is so much to learn about topology tricks, PBR shaders, etc. For example, I've started sculpting normal maps, instead of baking them, just recently. Male characters require much more work with prominent facial muscles, pores, etc, and I just don't feel like I am ready for this challenge. Phoenix's male characters are SO much better than anything I'd be able to achieve. 
    On the contrary, female characters, especially young ones, have their facial muscles concealed with subcutaneous fat which is much easier to reproduce with Gen8 polygon count. 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,967

Angelina Jolie <eye roll>

Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:
    Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

I am relatively new to 3D, and have been releasing characters for just over a year. There is so much to learn about topology tricks, PBR shaders, etc. For example, I've started sculpting normal maps, instead of baking them, just recently. Male characters require much more work with prominent facial muscles, pores, etc, and I just don't feel like I am ready for this challenge. Phoenix's male characters are SO much better than anything I'd be able to achieve. 
    On the contrary, female characters, especially young ones, have their facial muscles concealed with subcutaneous fat which is much easier to reproduce with Gen8 polygon count. 

Ah right, yeah I can see how men, especially the ones with very rugged features such as many of the GoT characters, could be challenging in that case.  Mind you if it means more of the ‘Wonderful Women of Sangriart’ being made then I for one won’t complain!  laugh  Thanks for taking the time to answer though, I really am facinated in the way 3D artists approach their work and how they manage to make the products that makes it easy for me to achieve the things I want to.  So thank you again for making these amazing, gorgeous figures for us!  

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,407
    edited March 2018
    stuthurso said:

A couple of new ones here.  

First is Adam Thwates latest in his Celebrity Series (Number 11 and available on Most Digital Creations) which appears to be Kristen Stewart: 

and the brilliant Pheonix1966's latest is called Jessie and is available on Renderosity, who looks to me to be based on Charlie Hunnam (though YMMV): 

I'm thinking Jesse is closer to Joel Kinnaman (note facial hair, brown eye color, nose shape, cyber props and Twizzler® ala Altered Carbon).   https://youtu.be/gks1vYX0APY

Post edited by Chohole on
  • lwaveslwaves Posts: 238
    Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

I'd like to second the earlier comment full of "Oh pleases" and follow it with a parade of "Pwetty pleases with sugar on top."
    Clara/Jenna would be an instant buy for me as all my own attempts have failed.

Just to put everyone out of their misery, Jesse is supposed to be an original character (what my subconcious may produce notwithstanding). And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen Altered Carbon. I tend to walk around with a Twizzler hanging out of my mouth like that. blush But, at the end of the day, he's whatever you'd like to make of him.

This discussion has been closed.