Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• Just to put everyone out of their misery, Jesse is supposed to be an original character (what my subconcious may produce notwithstanding). And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen Altered Carbon. I tend to walk around with a Twizzler hanging out of my mouth like that. blush But, at the end of the day, he's whatever you'd like to make of him.

He's gorgeous and I love all the extras you included and I will be buying him as soon as I have money. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,407

Just to put everyone out of their misery, Jesse is supposed to be an original character (what my subconcious may produce notwithstanding). And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen Altered Carbon. I tend to walk around with a Twizzler hanging out of my mouth like that. blush But, at the end of the day, he's whatever you'd like to make of him.

A lovely character nonetheless, so I purchased him without hesitation...

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited March 2018

Just to put everyone out of their misery, Jesse is supposed to be an original character (what my subconcious may produce notwithstanding). And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen Altered Carbon. I tend to walk around with a Twizzler hanging out of my mouth like that. blush But, at the end of the day, he's whatever you'd like to make of him.

He's gorgeous and I love all the extras you included and I will be buying him as soon as I have money. 

It’s probably my subconscious playing tricks on me more than anything else! blush LOL  and I have to agree with everyone else, no matter who he is Jesse is an amazing character, another instant buy!  laugh

Post edited by stuthurso on

Of course it’s not unusual for me to see people in characters who probably aren’t there.  I mean I swear blind that there is a lot of Connery in Edward 8..... 

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,652

I had to look him up (again, I'm so out of touch) and there are definitely some similarities. It wouldn't take too many dial spins to get Jesse there.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

That's fine by me. It's as good or better a quality work as your known celebrity products, although admittedly I've never seen any of those actors shows either.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,652

Thanks all! 

stuthurso said:
    Sangriart said:
    stuthurso said:

*shuffles by humming the theme from GoT*

Man I wish you and Sangriart were Doctor Who fans!  LOL  Still, whatever you guys come out with is amazing and a must buy!  laugh

I was actually planning to make Clara Oswald look-alike one day =) And no more males for now! Gosh, they are complicated. 

If it’s not an impertinent question Sangriart what is it about male characters that you find more difficult than the female ones?  And I was wondering if Phoenix1966 feels the same way?  It’s just you guys are producing the very best ‘look-a-like’ characters that I think I’ve ever seen and I’m fascinated and would love to hear more about how you actually plan and develop these great, must buy models.  Without exposing any trade secrets obviously!      I’m always impressed with real talent and believe that anyone with it should be complemented (and you both have talent in spades) even if I do come across as a total fanboy saying it!!  LOL  

To answer your question, like Sangriart, I find males more challenging to create than females regardless of what they look like. But I enjoy the challenge more. And I get the added, personal bonus of looking at men all day long and calling it "work". blush

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,057

I seem to remember someone wanting a suitable lookalike for Barbara Eden/I Dream of Jeannie...

Via a google search, I came across this gallery post:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/285991/

The artist used Snowflake for Aiko 7.  I'm seeing a fair amount of Barbara's face in Snowflake's promo render (below), so this might not be a bad place to start, with some fine tuning on the face using morphs depending on how close you want to get....

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752

@Ildanach came up with this one in the Ollie thread:

...and it reminded me of James Frain (Gotham, True Detective, The Tudors and many other roles...)

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 664

To answer your question, like Sangriart, I find males more challenging to create than females regardless of what they look like. But I enjoy the challenge more. And I get the added, personal bonus of looking at men all day long and calling it "work". blush

I am glad you like doing Males. I am saturated with female models and such. Bring on the men!!!! I'd give you my soul but I traded it off years ago. :)

• SadRobotSadRobot Posts: 116

Celebrity likenesses are hard. Here’s one I made with Facegen (don't think I can release it, since I did it with FG).

drsbr.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    SadRobot said:

Celebrity likenesses are hard. Here’s one I made with Facegen (don't think I can release it, since I did it with FG).

You can release it even though it was made with FaceGen. They allow that.

• SadRobotSadRobot Posts: 116

Huh. Looks like you’re right.  It’s also based on Olympia’s textures, but I could upload the head morph if anyone wants it.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,158

SadRobot, I'm always looking or good celeb/character morphs, and you've done a good job with Rey's face.  I'm definately interested!

edited April 2018

The facial features of this G3F model reminds me a lot of Melody Anderson (she was in Firewalker in 1986, with Chuck Norris and Louis Gosset Jr)

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/tdt-milena-iray-for-genesis-3-female-/114785

I'm thinking maybe some jaw tweaks and a few other minor adjustments, but the nose, etc. all look very close.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

The facial features of this G3F model reminds me a lot of Melody Anderson (she was in Firewalker in 1986, with Chuck Norris and Louis Gosset Jr)

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/tdt-milena-iray-for-genesis-3-female-/114785

I'm thinking maybe some jaw tweaks and a few other minor adjustments, but the nose, etc. all look very close.

Also she was in the classic 70's Flash Gordon :)  FLASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHH HAAAA! "He'll Save Everyone of US! "

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    *Ahem...

The wonderfully campy Flash Gordon was released December 1980. Close, but not a 70's movie! And now I'm going to have that song in my head all day, LOL.
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543
    *Ahem...

The wonderfully campy Flash Gordon was released December 1980. Close, but not a 70's movie! And now I'm going to have that song in my head all day, LOL.

FLASH! Ahhhhahh...King of the imposible...

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    SadRobot said:

That's amazing likeness! I've got a little Star Wars obsession right now and I'm on the lookout for Rey and Kylo morphs :) The clothes are also spot on if you can share theis source.

The newest of Sangriart's amazing models is now available over on t'other place and it is, as always, magnificent!  For those who don't follow Game of Thrones Missa is based on the character Missandei played by the beautiful and talented Nathalie Emmanuel.  It's always a treat when one of Sangriart's products becomes available and I can't wait to see who they tackle next!!  

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2018

Also she was in the classic 70's Flash Gordon :)  FLASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHH HAAAA! "He'll Save Everyone of US! "

I only discovered the other day that she was also in Manimal! if you want a decent match for her default hairstyle, try picking up Melite Hair at Rendo, sometime when it's one sale, parenting to your figure's head and applying the hair shaders of your choice.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited April 2018

Just for fun...

DaleFlash1a.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 324K
  • RhaleRhale Posts: 78
    SadRobot said:

Huh. Looks like you’re right.  It’s also based on Olympia’s textures, but I could upload the head morph if anyone wants it.

Yes please! Looks great!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei from Game of Thrones.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=126173&AID=666

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited April 2018
    *Ahem...

Oh darn, I was a year off.  for some reason I was thinking it was 1979, it was filmed in the august  79' - December 79'.  :) I even saw it in the theater when it was released Dec  1980. Im getting old. lol

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 664

This is one I have been working on. I haven't done celebrities before. 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/564051/

If he is recognizable, I'm on the right track. :)

edited April 2018
    illysArt said:

Not bad at all!  I'm still holding out for lower WalMart prices for the Cap series, so I had to look him up, but yeah, good job!

illysArt said:

I think he's pretty good likeness. I know who Bucky Barnes is from reading comics as a boy but have not seen any new movies or TV shows.

edited April 2018

Here is one I made last year of Deborah Harry. I didn't post it here before because it's not a product for sale. I just found a good photo of Debbie Harry & used FaceGen to make the morph. It's pretty good but without Debbie's style makeup it doesn't quite get there. Absolute no editing of geometry or textures directly by me, it's all straightup FaceGen & DAZ Studio.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • lwaveslwaves Posts: 238
    SadRobot said:

I'd be interested in her morph if you wouldn't mind sharing. Like nightwolf says, she looks good and I don't recall anyone else recreating her.

Odaa said:

I only discovered the other day that she was also in Manimal! if you want a decent match for her default hairstyle, try picking up Melite Hair at Rendo, sometime when it's one sale, parenting to your figure's head and applying the hair shaders of your choice.

Aah, Manimal, that brings back some memories. Simon MacCorkindale in a short lived but interesting show. It's often forgotten in amongst the more successful 80's shows. I was a fan though.

This discussion has been closed.