Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• posfanposfan Posts: 19
    Ikyoto said:
    posfan said:

There's a free one at ShareCG http://www.sharecg.com/v/42665/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Diana-of-Thermyscria

I used the morph here http://fav.me/d9argpd, it looks better if not dialed to full 1 value

your heroines are amazingly well done.

Thank you! Glad you like :D

• posfanposfan Posts: 19
    Ikyoto said:

ok - opinions plrase. Anouk - who does she lok like to you?

Goes in the direction of Brooke Shields, lips needs some more work and other eyebrows. Right now it looks like a mix between a very young and an older Brooke, like the references were from various decades.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076
    Ikyoto said:

Brooke Shields but I didn't recognize until I saw the response below your post. If it's a very modern celeb that I am out of the loop mostly.

Some celebrities are easier to recognize than others out of context. I did Helen Hunt using the FaceGen program and depending on hair, eyes, and skin I use I see Helen Hunt, Meryl Streep, or no one famous in particular. However, that's why they have make-up and costumes, so they can play their character and not be thought of as who they are, although that doesn't work to well unless they start putting in fake teeth, fake blemishes, and such like alter the shape of their face a bit.

I bet Sophie Ellis Baxter would be one of those faces that would be easy to recognize as a DAZ style morph. Generally I find Wert's morph's the most consistantly recognizable of those that I've seen.

• Hey does anybody know if there's a character out there that looks like Priyanka Chopra?

priyanka-chopra-4225-1680x1050-650x406.jpg
    650 x 406 - 26K
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited February 2016

So, we'll do things this way with a link instead:

Marie Rose

Did you make this figure yourself or is this a preset that can be found somewhere? I really like it! Which hair is that? :o

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of your reply. (Gotta love how these forums lack such a basic feature available in any other modern day forum.)

This figure has a lot of different head morphs, so I'm afraid there isn't one available as it uses several Daz and 3rd party products. The skin is Belle 6, and the eyes...I can't remember which eyes they are. I believe they are from a P3D character. The hair was imported from a xna/lara Marie Rose character that has been uploaded to Deviant, you'll have to search for it because I'm afraid that may not be safe, but all I wanted was the hair and face. This is the tutorial I used to do this. However I do not know how to add any morphs or poses to the hair. If somebody can point me to a simple tutorial for adding shape morphs or bones to the hair, that would be pretty rad. (And when I say simple, I mean total noob simple, like the tutorial I linked that explains each step in detail and has a few pictures on top of that.)

On a side note, if people aren't afraid of importing things, the Deviant user MoogleOutFitters has a ton of video game themed hair, clothes and figures for xna/lara, many pulled straight from the games data. You can find lts of Final Fantasy and Sims 3 themed hair there.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Ikyoto said:

Brooke Shields but I didn't recognize until I saw the response below your post. If it's a very modern celeb that I am out of the loop mostly.

I bet Sophie Ellis Baxter would be one of those faces that would be easy to recognize as a DAZ style morph. Generally I find Wert's morph's the most consistantly recognizable of those that I've seen.

Brooke Shields is too obscure for you, but Sophie Ellis Bextor would be recognizable?

(And I express disbelief as an American who had Murder on the Dancefloor as one of my several wake up alarm songs this past month).

Scavenger said:
    Ikyoto said:

Brooke Shields is too obscure for you, but Sophie Ellis Bextor would be recognizable?

(And I express disbelief as an American who had Murder on the Dancefloor as one of my several wake up alarm songs this past month).

I was referring to other modern celebrities, eg Lady Gaga or many of those listed on that BeamMeUp Celebrity 3D model site, when I said that, not Brooke Shields. I didn't recognize Brooke Shields until a poster said that's who the picture looks like. That said, if I spy myself in a mirror that I wasn't expecting to be there, I won't recognize myself at first either.

• I think this is supposed to be Chris Evans... https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/nicholas-for-g3m/114511/

I think this is supposed to be Chris Evans... https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/nicholas-for-g3m/114511/

I think you're right but I didn't get that vibe until the mouth. The eyes are too blue.

• I think this is supposed to be Chris Evans... https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/nicholas-for-g3m/114511/

I think you're right but I didn't get that vibe until the mouth. The eyes are too blue.

The expressions are what triggered it for me, and the baseball cap image. 

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Definitely saw the resemblance laugh  Reminded me of his character in The Losers 

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

Looking for two "celebs" - prefer g2f, but will take what I can find.

The plastic toy chick famous for not being properly proportionedand the 5" tall one with wings that sparkles.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Ikyoto said:

The plastic toy chick famous for not being properly proportionedand the 5" tall one with wings that sparkles.

If you mean Tinkerbell, Willow for G2F is close to the current Disney model.

There's a barbie thread around here, mainly about the new body types..it's mentioned in there (by me, iirc) that it's weird no one has made barbie morphs. Rendo does have some Bratz-esque type figures.

• If I could wish for two celebrity look-a-likes (apparently I can wish all I like) I would like Lynda Carter circa 1975-79 (Wonder Woman), and Erin Gray circa 1979-1981 (Buck Rogers).

edited April 2016

Lynda Carter has a likeness on one of those celebrity look-alike model sites but I don't know if they have downloads for the need morphs & such.-

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118

Posted this in freebies last (?) week. 

zombiehuntressG2F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • Sensual ArtSensual Art Posts: 641

Hey does anybody know if there's a character out there that looks like Priyanka Chopra?

There aren't many good south asian character models (let alone celebs) that I have come across in the marketplace. You can checkout Semiramis and Rashi at Rendo. But they are all based on V4. Probably that the closest you can get.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    Scavenger said:
    Ikyoto said:

If you mean Tinkerbell, Willow for G2F is close to the current Disney model.

There's a barbie thread around here, mainly about the new body types..it's mentioned in there (by me, iirc) that it's weird no one has made barbie morphs. Rendo does have some Bratz-esque type figures.

I actually hadn't looked at Willow close enough - thanks.

And I got g3f now as well, so from V4 up, any leads would be welcome

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I've begun an attempt to create a likeness of Juliet Landau in G3F (most famous for portraying Drusilla, from 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' and 'Angel') and this represents what I've been able to manage, so far. From an angle, she seems to be a relatively authentic likeness, but when looking at her from ahead, there seems to be something off about her - especially the eye shapes, which I just can't seem to make look recognisably like they should.

Any pointers for what potentially could be improved? I've been using a few of Dogz' excellent '200 Morphs' product, along with a bunch for G3F. Attempted to add various degrees of Arabella and more, but they really just didn't look right.

JL 1.png
    1080 x 1080 - 859K
    JL 3.png
    1080 x 1080 - 774K
  • That's a great start. There's definitely a good resemblance. I think the chin/jaw need to be a little higher. Her face isn't quiet that long. Also there needs to be a little more definition under her eyelids. One thing you can do to see where it's off is load a plane primitive in DS, set a picture of her as the texture on it, then adjust the scale until it's just in front of her face. Dial down the opacity, then you can see where it doesn't mesh up. 

• What do you think? Doesn't this character look like Anna Friel?

Character:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/p3d-eva-for-victoria-4-and-genesis-2-female/109236/

Original person:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295484/

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,740

What do you think? Doesn't this character look like Anna Friel?

Character:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/p3d-eva-for-victoria-4-and-genesis-2-female/109236/

Original person:

Sorry, not seeing it.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

That's a great start. There's definitely a good resemblance. I think the chin/jaw need to be a little higher. Her face isn't quiet that long. Also there needs to be a little more definition under her eyelids. One thing you can do to see where it's off is load a plane primitive in DS, set a picture of her as the texture on it, then adjust the scale until it's just in front of her face. Dial down the opacity, then you can see where it doesn't mesh up. 

I've tried messing around with 'Eyes Puffy Lower', but it doesn't seem to do much to help with authenticity. Reducing 'Jaw Height' seemed to help a bit with the chin, though.

• janmclarejanmclare Posts: 32

If I could wish for two celebrity look-a-likes (apparently I can wish all I like) I would like Lynda Carter circa 1975-79 (Wonder Woman), and Erin Gray circa 1979-1981 (Buck Rogers).

These two are my are on my wish list too. Please someone create these for G3F or V7

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356

How well do any of the movie star character morphs for V4 or M4 transfer to Genesis figures?  Has anyone tried with any reasonable success?

edited April 2016
    Fragg1960 said:

How well do any of the movie star character morphs for V4 or M4 transfer to Genesis figures?  Has anyone tried with any reasonable success?

Reasonably well. It can vary from character to character, but many of the characters (just regular v4 stuff, not based off famous people) I have attempted seemed to turn out well enough. Granted, I haven't tried that many.

Edit, I see you said Genesis, as in Genesis 1? The ones I have done are for Genesis 2.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • What do you think? Doesn't this character look like Anna Friel?

Character:

Original person:

Sorry, not seeing it.

It is strange. I can definitelly see the resemlance. Maybe it is because she is an actress (and not model) so she has thousand faces. Anyway, the thumbnail photo on IMDB is not the best one.

Character:

Original person:

Sorry, not seeing it.

It is strange. I can definitelly see the resemlance. Maybe it is because she is an actress (and not model) so she has thousand faces. Anyway, the thumbnail photo on IMDB is not the best one.

If you flip through to her younger pics back in the early 2000's, I do see more of a resemblance. However, I don't think that was intentional. I've seen this figure before, and she immediately made me feel like I've seen that face somewhere. But this is probably of the plan. Just like a good psychic knows how to be vague enough to "read" her customers so that feel like they are being read a fortune, a good artist can hit those same tones, creating a character that <looks> like different people when viewed through the eyes of different observers.

• Sensual ArtSensual Art Posts: 641

Hey does anybody know if there's a character out there that looks like Priyanka Chopra?

Unfortunately, I have seen the similarity only with this shot.

• Miguel2121Miguel2121 Posts: 27
    edited April 2016

Character:

Original person:

Sorry, not seeing it.

If you flip through to her younger pics back in the early 2000's, I do see more of a resemblance. However, I don't think that was intentional. I've seen this figure before, and she immediately made me feel like I've seen that face somewhere. But this is probably of the plan. Just like a good psychic knows how to be vague enough to "read" her customers so that feel like they are being read a fortune, a good artist can hit those same tones, creating a character that <looks> like different people when viewed through the eyes of different observers.

It sounds reasonable. Maybe, we can agree on that: 'If you feel like employing Anna Friel in your digital theatre P3D Eva will be your best choice.'

Post edited by Miguel2121 on
This discussion has been closed.