Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• Tjohn said:

You know I've never purchased anything from most digital creations for G8.  I got some freebie for V4 some time ago. But I did like the look of this character 68.  I don't know who Maya Hawke is but I really love this character.

Maya Hawke is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. If you saw the 3rd season of Stranger Things, she was Robin, the girl that worked with Steve at the Ice cream shop at the mall.

Scoops Ahoy ?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,306
    Tjohn said:

You know I've never purchased anything from most digital creations for G8.  I got some freebie for V4 some time ago. But I did like the look of this character 68.  I don't know who Maya Hawke is but I really love this character.

Maya Hawke is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. If you saw the 3rd season of Stranger Things, she was Robin, the girl that worked with Steve at the Ice cream shop at the mall.

Scoops Ahoy ?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948
    Tjohn said:

Scoops Ahoy ?

Served today by Robin and Steve

https___hypebeast.com_wp-content_blogs.dir_6_files_2019_07_stranger-things-season-3-scoops-ahoy-pop-up-ice-cream-shop-van-details-1.jpg
    1170 x 780 - 237K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    Haruchai said:

A young Kirsten Dunst (think Interview with a Vampire - Claudia) by Sangriart

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/claudine-for-genesis-8-female/143461/

Picked this up - unfortunately suffers from the same issues that plague a lot of these 'celebrity' morphs - the eye area gets virtually destroyed (eyelids stick out far to much, gaps between eyelids and eyeball, lacrimals far too big/small and/or gap between lacrimal and eyeball - and don't get me started on oval irises...smh)  and the base mesh is a jagged mess, relying on subdivision to hide issues. It can all be fixed with a custom morph and rerigging to shape but it takes sooo long.

• SangriartSangriart Posts: 28
    Frinkky said:
    Haruchai said:

A young Kirsten Dunst (think Interview with a Vampire - Claudia) by Sangriart

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/claudine-for-genesis-8-female/143461/

Picked this up - unfortunately suffers from the same issues that plague a lot of these 'celebrity' morphs - the eye area gets virtually destroyed (eyelids stick out far to much, gaps between eyelids and eyeball, lacrimals far too big/small and/or gap between lacrimal and eyeball - and don't get me started on oval irises...smh)  and the base mesh is a jagged mess, relying on subdivision to hide issues. It can all be fixed with a custom morph and rerigging to shape but it takes sooo long.

I spend enormous amounts of time on my characters' eye area - to realistically reshape or to destroy it, it's for others to decide. I do always make close-up promos from different angles. And sometimes it's necessary for the base mesh to appear 'jagged' to achieve a certain look. Anyways, thanks for your feedback. I still consider myself a newbie and have a lot to learn and experiment on. 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969

She looks gorgeous to me, and I left a lovely review on Rendo

claudine 4.png
    989 x 881 - 752K
    edited July 2020
    Sangriart said:

I spend enormous amounts of time on my characters' eye area - to realistically reshape or to destroy it, it's for others to decide. I do always make close-up promos from different angles. And sometimes it's necessary for the base mesh to appear 'jagged' to achieve a certain look. Anyways, thanks for your feedback. I still consider myself a newbie and have a lot to learn and experiment on. 

You have a knack for identifying and bringing out in the morph the characteristics that make your characters so recognisable - so that's a good start. I think just a bit of attention to the base mesh and that will put you a level above many other content creators out there. I believe Zbrush (and most sculpting programs) have a relax brush or equivalent that will smooth vertices whilst maintaining the overall shape which should help.

I'll keep buying and I look forward to your next creations.

Edit: Re-reading my original post I can see that it might be considered curt. Not my intention - thank you for taking it as constructive criticism.

Post edited by Frinkky on
  • SangriartSangriart Posts: 28
    Frinkky said:
    Sangriart said:

You have a knack for identifying and bringing out in the morph the characteristics that make your characters so recognisable - so that's a good start. I think just a bit of attention to the base mesh and that will put you a level above many other content creators out there. I believe Zbrush (and most sculpting programs) have a relax brush or equivalent that will smooth vertices whilst maintaining the overall shape which should help.

Edit: Re-reading my original post I can see that it might be considered curt. Not my intention - thank you for taking it as constructive criticism.

I am actually very grateful for this critique. You pointed to the very things I need to work on! I come from the clay sculpting background, and maintaining smooth topology is my weak spot which I try to get rid of. 

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 212

I really wish Sangriart could sell her characters in HD, without having to drop those amazing likeness factors to meet daz3d.com vendor guidance.

• MuzMelMuzMel Posts: 76

https://www.daz3d.com/harper-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Dunno if this has been discussed but she looks like margot robbie. However, often I get the character and find it looks different to the promo when I get my amatuer hands on it. Anyone tried this one?

• Haruchai said:
    Tjohn said:

Scoops Ahoy ?

Served today by Robin and Steve

And mostdigital just released a sailor suit.

• Ch1ggsCh1ggs Posts: 16
    Sangriart said:
    Frinkky said:
    Haruchai said:

What a professional way to handle feedback. Sangriart is hands down the best out there when it comes to celebrity lookalikes, and seeing stuff like this makes me wish all artists could handle feedback as well.

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by ironclawxii on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    Sangriart said:
    Frinkky said:
    Sangriart said:

I am actually very grateful for this critique. You pointed to the very things I need to work on! I come from the clay sculpting background, and maintaining smooth topology is my weak spot which I try to get rid of. 

Love your work Sangriart! Your likenesses go beyond matching the photos, it captures some of the spirit of the people you portray.

• I am going here for a Minka Kelly look a like, just finished detailing the face.

detailedwork.jpg
    2425 x 1706 - 3M
  • I am going here for a Minka Kelly look a like, just finished detailing the face.

Ooh, I want this when you're done!

• BinkzBinkz Posts: 42

I am going here for a Minka Kelly look a like, just finished detailing the face.

Holy snickerdoodle, take my money!

I am going here for a Minka Kelly look a like, just finished detailing the face.

The skin detail looks fantastic. It might be the lighting but it appears either the lacrymals are too far back or the medial canthi too far forward? Looking at photo references, the axial size of the structure doesn't look quite so pronounced - but again, might be the lighting. But to mirror the sentiment of others - when can I give you my money??

• remcovanembdenremcovanembden Posts: 106
    edited July 2020

Good observation, I need to reshape a bit the lacrimal, i want to give them some more definition and of course there is no material set on them yet!

I am working on them as we speak. I used 8k maps, there is not much different in 4k or 8k, the specular works better with 8k maps, but not much. I sculpted the pores all by hand front face is single pore by single pore. Took me around 15 hours lol.

Frinkky said:

The skin detail looks fantastic. It might be the lighting but it appears either the lacrymals are too far back or the medial canthi too far forward? Looking at photo references, the axial size of the structure doesn't look quite so pronounced - but again, might be the lighting. But to mirror the sentiment of others - when can I give you my money??

Post edited by remcovanembden on
  • remcovanembdenremcovanembden Posts: 106
    edited July 2020
    Frinkky said:

Just a quick render, the lacrimals are now less far back. I still need to redo the eyebrows. But thats for another day this week.

lac.jpg
    804 x 818 - 961K
    Post edited by remcovanembden on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,306
    Frinkky said:

Just a quick render, the lacrimals are now less far back. I still need to redo the eyebrows. But thats for another day this week.

Another thing is that Minka's upper lip is thinner than her lower lip.

Looking good!

• Frinkky said:

Sevrin said:

Another thing is that Minka's upper lip is thinner than her lower lip.

Yes, that's the trickiest thing. If you model from pictures. It is harder to guess the shapes of the person. If i had modeled from a scan it would be so much easier.

• Does anyone know of a Madonna character base? I'm looking for one of her as she looked in the late 80s, not sure how to find one if it exists, since the characters don't even mention the actual person's name.
  • ssartsssarts Posts: 8

Here's my attempt at Lynda Carter. All DAZ3D rendered in Iray with a touch of Photoshop for brightness, contrast and watermark. Model sculpted from a base Genesis 8 Female with DAZ3D dials and deformers. Costume kitbashed and customized from various parts. Nothing for sale here though. Just sharing some work.

• ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350
    ssarts said:

Here's my attempt at Lynda Carter. All DAZ3D rendered in Iray with a touch of Photoshop for brightness, contrast and watermark. Model sculpted from a base Genesis 8 Female with DAZ3D dials and deformers. Costume kitbashed and customized from various parts. Nothing for sale here though. Just sharing some work.

Nice work. I can hear the theme song now!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,152

Immediately recognizable even if she weren't wearing her WW costume. Nice work!

This discussion has been closed.